All Comments on 'Lovers'

by Katherine-T

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Wow. Just... wow

I have no words for how beautiful this was. I'm a sucker for angst and happy endings.

Much, much love to you for writing so well - please keep up the excellent work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Wonderful story

i just loved it.. it kept my interest.. and i just wanted to get to the end.. it was well worth it.

Marg_momMarg_momabout 18 years ago
From a thoroughly delighted ex writing partner

As a woman tentatively exploring burgeoning desires for sexual intimacy with another woman, I was fortunate enough to arouse the sympathetic interest of this wonderful author.

Of the characters included in this insightful story, I would say Katherine was most like Frankie. I am very definitely more like Valerie. Although, I couldn't (and wouldn't if I could) give details of her life, I believe she has experienced something of what Frankie does in 'Lovers'.

I wasn't mature enough to keep her interest for long, but I treasure my memories of our time writing together and I re-read our writings, constantly.

Every week I read some of the stories here and 'Lovers' is among my favourites.

If you read this, Katherine, please know the powerful impact your writings and our brief time together has had in my life.

gouigouialmost 16 years ago
hm

I'm a big fan of your other stories and I think you're a great writer. But by the end of this story I hated every character.

I don't know if I saw people I know in the characters or what but I had no empathy for Frankie or Valerie.

Fantastic writing but it made me feel angry and depressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting

On the scale of pure erotic writing, yes, this is a good story... The intimacy and the sex was well-written and compelling. However, on the basis of plot and characters... I agree with a previous reviewer. The story was, at first, very interesting with lots of potential, what with Valerie's problem- that would have been a good angle to develop. However, when Frankie's point of view was introduced, the story went downhill. I am more inclined to be sympathetic to Valerie, slightly, but I loathed Frankie to the very end. I also think the end was unrealistic and very sad, despite a "happy" ending- no real connection, or communication, or anything. I kept waiting for the moment when the characters would begin to turn to each other, not out of failed conquests, but out of renewed love and commitment, but there was none of that at all. All in all, the story would have been much better with a different twist, because as-is it is simply the stereotypical promiscuous, cheating lesbians who lie to their partners and create drama, granted packaged in pretty words.

Robert_NotRobert_Notover 14 years ago
Very much like it

Its rare that someone gets as much thoughtful criticism (without the normal bullshit) as this story has. After reading a good few of your cameos I was pleased to find a 'proper story' here. Having just read it all I can also understand the reactions of some previous commentators. On the one hand you've strung together a series of your short cameos one after the other, sufficient for the pattern of their almost predictble interactions to become a little obvious. Which creats a bit of tension as the series progresses. However, in doing so you manage to convey a bit of the emptiness the characters appear to be experiencing and for me this makes you one of the few authors who manage to bring a little of the literature back into erotica. You also manage to subtly indicate that the characters are learning a little through these interludes, so that when they come back together at the end, I could imagine that their relationship could have a chance of developing into something deeper. I could imagine a part two but then I'm a sucker for long stories. I only hope you keep on writing - and posting. R.

BahamaBahamaover 11 years ago
Very good

That was very good , I just goes to show u never miss the well til the water runs dry. Frankie and Valerie was lookin for love and had it all along. When u are in a relationship , at times it sames dull and boring , but not everyday is Christmas . U have a lot of Halloween and nightmare on elm street days. But when u love someone those days are just days and the love always shines thru. Love ur stories , u are an amazing writer.

fanfarefanfareover 11 years ago
uncertain

My complements to the author.

I found reading this work difficult. Frankie seemed indifferent to Valerie, Cleo was clearly exploitative of Valerie and Susan, and Valerie just made me sad at her obtuseness to her own lifestyle. I am glad that I did make myself finish reading.

Katherine_T, with this last page, you convincingly cleared up this web of self-deceit. Many authors tend to disappoint with the clumsiness of the endings for their stories. Katherine, you have displayed skill and talent as a writer with your ending to this story. I look forward to reading more of your pieces. And, have you published professionally?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous