All Comments on 'Lovers, Losers, and Liars'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

One of your best stories! Some twists and turns in it.

5

CagivagurlCagivagurl9 months ago

excellent story. Families... Awesome characters.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

Bri29Bri299 months ago

Terrific story had me riveted from beginning to the end.I thought Derek and his ex were heading for a reconciliation till she showed her true colours at the wedding and showed what a bitter spiteful person she really was.Well done 5⭐️

LeontheKingLeontheKing9 months ago

Truly an excellent story!

shadowjack17shadowjack179 months ago

So glad it did not end with a reconciliation. Always look forward to your stories and that little twist just reinforced why I'll keep on checking out the next one immediately when I see it come by. Well done.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

Excellent story with a nice final twist. This was written in a way that made my sympathies switch as the plot moved along, just as the feelings of the son did. 5 stars

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit9 months ago

Thank you!! That was just so well written and the evolution of the characters over time made it a lot deeper than a lot of stories. 5 Stars

MightyheartMightyheart9 months ago

5/5

SUPERB !

Original & riveting.

Best of the series!

Omart57Omart579 months ago

Excellent story, LTW! Thank you! It's always great to see a new story from you!

francemanfranceman9 months ago

A very good story. 5⭐

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is professional quality writing. The best story in this special series. One tiny suggestion: LOSE the word literally as an adverb for anything except the dialogue of someone using trendy language. Deconstruct "literally shaking," and you'll see. Yeah, my editor made the same suggestion to me. Again, you're a masterful writer, and this is as good as anything I've ever paid to read. Bravo!

SwordWielderSwordWielder9 months ago

Excellent. 5 stars! In this case living well was the best revenge. Anne destroyed her own life.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent! Loved this

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nah, too many plot holes. What about surveillance video at the restaurant? No explicit mention of a divorce. Are they still married? Does she think they are still married? How will she know of a divorce? DNA test thrown in as a hail mary right at the end. Any such father would have done it upfront and publically to reassure both the dad and the son. 3 stars.

Corny1974Corny19749 months ago

What an excellent story. I couldn't put it down. Enjoyed every second of it. So wonderful to see the love grow between father and son.

Wonderful. 5 stars. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

LTW you rock. Always a good day when a new story of yours hits Lit. Absolutely outstanding sir. One of your best! 5* x 10

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Excellent, a real honest to goodness BTB and done just by living well with fickle fate throwing in a dose of good luck to stir the pot of life.

I loved it!!!

Well done 5/5 all the way

ConnarConnar9 months ago

Absolutly 5*. I had a big laugh over the "Sell that pen" scene. 10 years after "The wolf of wallstreet"..we were educated back then. Supply and demand...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You dun gud. great story I enjoy your writing keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There are very exceptional writers on this site, you clearly among them.

demanderdemander9 months ago

A nice story with a good outcome. It niggles that he bought them so much, though. D

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

Solid 5. Anne got just what she deserved. Of course Scott is gonna help her out, but her life is not what it could have been. I'm wondering why she didn't seem to have a string of lovers. If she did, it was not mentioned but rather appeared it was only her and her son after Jack left.

A_BierceA_Bierce9 months ago

Amazing depth of almost all the characters (exception is Demi), you almost oversold Anne's redemption, I almost felt misgivings about her snide turn at the wedding, Derek conveniently had almost too much success, and I almost didn't give you five stars for such a compelling story of Scott's lifelong ordeal of lies.

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

To the anonymous who said any man would have done the DNA test immediately ant then announced the results publicly....

Derek DID get the test done as soon as he could. Why would he announce the results unless Scott was not his kid? Scott had no doubt about his parentage.. He was just concerned about the circumstances.

So nobody needed to know once Derek confirmed it except Derek. And then he smeared Anne with it when she tried to bushwhack him at the wedding.

Wavedave45Wavedave459 months ago

God that womans trash for even attempting to ruin him at the wedding.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

I enjoyed this story a lot. Thanks for writing and posting this. Well done!

FireFox59FireFox599 months ago

Looked for your entry in the event and read it first. As always really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

She got exactly what she deserved. The good guy came out ahead. Thsnks

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

Wow. 18 years later and he got the ultimate revenge on her. 5* story, nicely told.

CriosCrios9 months ago

Wow! Best revenge is a life well-lived. The ex wife was garbage. Thanks for the great story!

inka2222inka22229 months ago

Wow! You almost had me going mad when I realized you were aiming for "Scott's not his biological son" in the run up to the end with the MC not even checking... then you beautifully tied it all up on the last page, explaining things, setting the characters' behaviors' right. Hat's off to you, easy 5 stars for a great story. Yes it's sad that Scott and his father were deprived of each other for 18 years of life, but hopefully his father will marry a decent woman who will give him kids to raise, and Scott and he now have each other. And the cheating skank has nothing. Karma.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil9 months ago

Very Nice

My only hesitation is on the abortion piece. If the two young people decided an abortion would be the right thing for them, then an abortion would be the right thing for them. If the approach in the story is part of a religious or ideological opposition to abortion then, for me, no thanks. Of course it works out very well in this story.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

5 * — A great story well told! The MC’s are well drawn and extremely likable. What I liked the best was how Anne’s comeuppance comes not from a relentless revenge plot by Derek, but by a series of own-goals of her own. While Derek takes the high road, each thoughtless, petty or mean-spirited thing that Anne does comes bouncing back to her in spades. There is proportionate karmic payback, which makes for a very satisfying ending.

Wolfden999Wolfden9999 months ago

Ouch. Tough ending

laptopwriterlaptopwriter9 months agoAuthor

@ForensicFossil

I can only assume you skipped the abortion scene entirely. It's the only way you could possibly come up with your opinion. Neither Scott nor Sandy wanted an abortion. It was the decision of the parents, neither of the kids wanted it. It was not based on any religious premise.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Only complaint I have is the premise that she ran away with Scott and was never traced down by the authorities. Clearly she didn't run very far or cover her tracks that well, so she would have been found out. Otherwise, I loved the storyline and overall plot progression. Good character development, narrative, and a realistic ending. I would have loved to see Anne's face in real life when she found out she essentially ran for no reason, slut that she was. 4.7*

irinmikeirinmike9 months ago

Best story in this little contest. Well written and just enough twists and turns to keep a readers interest!

doodlesdaddoodlesdad9 months ago

DeMar’s AKA DuPar’s?

Hooked1957Hooked19579 months ago

Another top story from a master. Top marks. Great read.

Hooked

Cringo31Cringo319 months ago

A well crafted story with just enough intrigue to keep the reader wondering what Anne’s secret was. To find out at the end how she cheated on her husband and cheated herself out of a wonderful life was such a satisfying twist. Well done.

69gman69gman9 months ago

Well done... Truly the best revenge is a well lived life, been there done that. All five stars turned golden.

c24jc24j9 months ago

I really enjoyed the story. There were some things that I think lessened it a little, though that's just opinion, and I'm sure others loved Anne's internal sort of BTB, which is often the most satisfying. Anne's behavior was sort of inconsistent. Further, her secret about Scott supposedly not being his son was pretty predictable . . . I was waiting for it. And given the attitudes of many here, him proving that Scott was indeed his son also seemed likely.

What would have been truly incredible, demonstrating love above and beyond the norm for most humans, is if after only a couple of months together, Derek and Scott had grown so close that both felt they were father and son, regardless of who the sperm donor was (I actually know of a case a bit like this). How much greater comeuppance for Anne that a man she'd abandoned, who was NOT the biological father, was now accepted, loved, and perhaps held a higher place in Scott's heart than she.

So, the worst lies are defeated by empathy, love, and compassion. THAT would have been quite a surprise . . . but our insecurities and general biases against assisting (let alone loving) another sperm donor's offspring would probably prevent that twist from working.

Still, I really enjoyed the tale as written. Good work!!

stev2244stev22449 months ago

Awesome. Easily one the best stories in this event. Detailed, believable, interesting. Easy 5*

6King6King9 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Nice!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith9 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If this is a contest then this story is the best. I admire all of the writers post in this theme. I am a very good technical writer it suck at fiction. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Best of the author generated challenge. Great character development. Fabulous twists and ending. For this challenge, Best of the Best Literotica has to offer.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well done….cherish the twist at the end…exceptional story and believable

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Long time reader. This may be your best story of all!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Very good story. You covered the open bases at the very end. Thank you.

OOAAOOAA9 months ago

GREAT story!!!!! 5 stars!

Bebop3Bebop39 months ago

Excellent story, sir.

FeltfixerFeltfixer9 months ago

Wow! Great story.

I was expecting her to rub salt in his eyes by saying it was Jack’s son.

Your ending was perfect.

grogers7grogers79 months ago

I always enjoy your work. You are an artist.

On page 3, I think "revulsion" and not "revolution" is better

"She told him horrible things about the man sitting next to him, things that fostered hate and revolution... "

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

Well done. I kind of figured Jack was the father, but you had an even better ending. Anne did a good job raising her son, but she's an evil, callous, bitch and doesn't deserve her son's respect.

Thanks for sharing, LTW.

someoneothersomeoneother9 months ago

Great story--original, dramatic and well-written. However, it usually takes a good person to nurture a good kid. Bad people generally do not make good parents. Ann the mother simply does not match Ann the wife. The thought that Ann would used the wedding to attempt to destroy her son's life just does not hold true. A second quibble is that I do not believe that Scott would be the kind of person who have such homage to his father, but ignored his mother who had sacrificed and raised him for the past 18 years. I would have preferred to have a bit of reconciliation at the wedding rather than continued marital infighting. As best I can tell, neither Ann nor Derek ever got a divorce, and, therefore, they were still married.

Lowrider2020Lowrider20209 months ago

You get all five for a job well done. Please continue to pursue your craft.

SDN1955SDN19559 months ago

Excellent story. Refreshing to see a story where the MC didn’t immediately have a 10 within a week, who admitted he had to have extensive counseling to get over what happened and admitted about being gun shy to go though it again.

The only nit I’d have is that I don’t see a new car dealership having an 18 year old on the sales staff and that 18 year old being that wildly successful in such a short amount of time.

maxx308maxx3089 months ago

You are a master when it comes to story telling. Thoroughly enjoyed the story, thank you for sharing with us. 5*

gatorhermitgatorhermit9 months ago
Excellent Story!

Interesting twists and turns and great character development. The scene where they all decide to keep the baby was very moving. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is the winner for me

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good twists and turns to an excellent read. The part that didn't work for me was Derrick had new woman that was going to make him happy forever, but she had to work so missed his son's wedding. That is not a close relationship.

DakotaTRDDakotaTRD9 months ago

Loved the ending - I suppose there is something to be said for the fact she raised a good son, but perhaps that is due mostly to his good character than hers

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent as always LTW. Love all of your stories.

servant111servant1119 months ago

Simply outstanding read

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story, as always, but the gloating in the last paragraph seemed unworthy of Derek and spoiled it a little for me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Started out decently but then became a typical saint husband whore wife type story

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A solid four stars. Just as an aside. A pregnant woman is accused of kidnapping her unborn baby? Doesn't compute. That the police and district attorney would treat her disappearance as anything more than a missing person is illogical.

JPB

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
Nice

Story, the emotion was there everything that makes it a great read was there. Thank you for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Damn fine story! Thank you for sharing your time and effort with us, I really appreciate it.

An old curmudgeon

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson9 months ago

Beautiful, original, and powerful. While not as dramatic, my life was similar. My mother slagged my father throughout most of my life and I only learned the nuanced truth after I came of age.

Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Best story in this little contest. Well written and just enough twists and turns to keep a readers interest!"

...

It really seems that this tale is not only the best of the contest, but also the only one with a realistic plot and realistic characters. Maybe a bit too much of a fairytale, but credible. Good twist and counter-twist in the end. All in all, 5 full stars well earned. A rare event.

Meisterberger1Meisterberger19 months ago

Excellent. As always.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Derek just turned eighteen and had a secretary at work?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Oops. Got the characters mixed up

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry, but I just can't abide the Mr. Potato Head character manipulation. So the cheating contemptuous promiscuous slut, was a decent woman and wife so that the dumb cuck didn't know she was actually fucking around on him. But then this empty soulless vagina turns out to be a really conscientious diligent mother, who actually proposes approaching the dumb cuck to apologize; virtuous. But then when she has the chance to apologize she reverts to the angry arrogant vengeful whore who wants to destroy the ex cuck's happiness. And while the guiltless whore was smart enough to fool her dumb cuck and disappear for 18 years, she just doesn't think to have her bastard son DNA tested. In fact, she jumps ship merely guessing that she got knocked up whoring around. But when the asshole dumb cuck 2 she was shacking up with finds out that his lustful cock-hungry fuck buddy deceived HIM, then he ditches her and her bastard son. And what does this cock hungry promiscuous whore do then? She apparently adopts the lifestyle of a mothering nun, refusing to use her pussy to lasso dumb cuck number 3, even though she has already demonstrated she's really really good at it and she's living poor and alone.

\

Yeah, that all makes sense. She's a whore, she's a good mother, she's a promiscuous slut, she's a chaste mother hen, and she's able to deceive and outsmart at least two dumb cucks, but she kind of forgets to get a DNA test to verify she really should run away, although there is no reason given why she ran away to begin with since dumb cuck number 1 had no clue and dumb cuck number 2 was disposable. Yeah, another solid logical concise plot and story line. It all fits, just like the pieces of Mr. Potato Head.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A perfect wrap-up, thank you.

PowersworderPowersworder9 months ago

This was excellent, I enjoyed every minute of reading it!

The twist at the end was brilliant, and I loved how he destroyed Anne just by living a successful life after she abandoned him.

The best part was how he swooped in, made a tremendous difference to his son's life and complete won Scott over. Every time he did something nice for the young couple, it was like driving another nail into the relationship between Anne and Scott.

That was a wonderful revenge story. Probably the subtlest but most devastating BtB I've read in years.

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Excellent story! Just loved it and makes up for the 30 to 40 worthless other stories to get to one like this, written "Just Right." It was perfect and even reminded me of how I felt about my Ex had she stuck around but she humiliated her self so much with her lies and deceit, she bailed and moved to another country. Only then did I find out how deceitful she really was and how glad I was to be rid of her, lol. SCORE = 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE BLAZING NOVA STARS! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Don't come in on Mondays But Monday drink. Satire or??

Five years with therapist And still asks bartender for another.

1000 yearbooks! 15 minutes apiece 6 hour days. Not that long if really want something.

Salesman some of the highest paid But also some of the lowest. Most I know including relatives have little qualms about lying (or stretching truth till unrecognizable) Tried selling insurance and told whole truth. Offered to call insurance commissioner 's office for some people who had worthless policies,and have it confirmed. Oh no my agent wouldn't lie to me. After quit I had great enjoyment out of accepting visits and after presentation offered to call commissioner's office to confirm what was said! Loved to hear their excuses about credentials in insurance and then their hasty excuses to get the hell out of dodge. In my state you could sell insurance for 30 days before getting licensed by state Policies I sold were to people who recognized truth. Few and far between. Look at our elected officials

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is the best of the “Lie to Me” stories. Nicely done.

My only quibbles have been stated by other commenters. It’s hard to imagine an 18-year-old with no experience in sales being hired as a salesperson that quickly. More importantly, it’s hard to reconcile Anne supposedly being a “good mother” and raising her son with good values, when she was obviously a pretty cruel and selfish person - not just when she was young and immature, but even at the end of the story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well executed story. The only little thing was Scott’s wedding speech, where he totally ignored mentioning Ann, the woman who raised him alone for 18 years. It’s reasonable for Scott to have strong resentment for his mother, but no so much that he totally forgets or ignores public ally acknowledging her. Ann ate her crow in her conversation with Derek in the end, which was unexpected. I expected her to be found in the bathroom with slit wrists after being unrecognized. The build up of her turmoil and regret built through the story and suffering a public slight could have pushed her over the edge.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I truly appreciated it I hope to c more from you

ibuguseribuguser9 months ago

This was nicely done.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster19 months ago

Yes.

It WAS the best revenge !

Great story, well-written, and a very karmic ending.

Definitely a 5-star tale !

TonyspencerTonyspencer9 months ago

Great story. Thank you.

greenman440greenman4409 months ago

A very well written and engaging tale.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox9 months ago

Once again LTW you write a tale so intriguing and enveloping, with great characters and their development that puts you in the rare high stratospheric category of the most gifted Authors on Lit. Whenever I see LTW as the author I know it will be a great read. Thank you so much for gifting your beautiful and deep thinking mind to your followers thru your scribbles as your fingertips dance over the keyboard. KUDOS BIG TIME!!

WetheNorthWetheNorth9 months ago

It would have been so easy to go the RAAC route at the end, but you avoided that nicely.

Good Job

and well written.

012Say012Say9 months ago

Maybe your best. Saw your response on abortion, agree with you. I thought the baby and the lost eighteen years were a perfect way to express his emotion - and make the sale. New category, not BTB, but XSI - Xes self-immolation. Also best string of comments I ever saw.

LwcbyLwcby9 months ago
Another 5 ⭐️

Thank You!!!!!

BillandKateBillandKate9 months ago

It's been so long since something fairly original AND so well written has appeared in LW. Thanks for this 5 star entertaining story. Now I'll read the rest of the 'Lie To Me' submissions and keep my fingers crossed.

peter944peter9449 months ago

Well played, I didn’t see that coming. Very believable story.

GerMagGerMag9 months ago

Thank you for this great story! Definately a 5*.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous