All Comments on 'Making a Tape'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Just one

Just one comment from me. I loved the story and the music. We really needed this after the postings of the past couple days. Thank you for a much needed lift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bravo!!

Well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sweet

Now a lot of asswipes are probably going to scream DNA test ! Lol . But luckily for us , we read the story .

It sets well after all the abominational(?) cuck stories that we get a loving wife , a REAL one , and a sweet little love story set to music .

Good job .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It's in the wrong category.

You deserved that. And no suspense was added by posting it here.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 5 years ago
It’s in the wrong category and I am glad it’s here!

Thanks for a nice romantic story about a couple who love each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Your stories

Are like a box of chocolates! I was waiting for the shoe to drop, so you achieved your goal. 5*

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 5 years ago
Thanks for this

You guys have great taste in music. The romance was nice too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Right Category

I think Loving Wives needs these types of stories every once in a while. A nice reprive from the usual cheating and cuckolding.

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
A real Xmas story...

A real Xmas story...About love, caring, family and patriotism...A bright light in LW's sometimes dark landscape...Well done and thank you...5* HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
hmm

Trolling with a mix tape? It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it works out for them.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
It’s in the right category

We’re your audience! It’d be a shame to lose it in another category where much of your fan base might not bother to find it.

Very sweet story. I’ve been married nearly forty years with all the attendant roller coaster events and emotions - bad and good. I couldn’t imagine a more appropriate loving wife story than a reminiscence of a long marriage, especially as it relates to something so surprising and wonderful as the gift of an unexpected late life child.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I usually like your stories...

But this was boring. Nothing interesting happened. I'm not sure why you bothered to post it, but yeah, if you were going to post it at all, it probably would have been more appropriate to post it in the "romance" section. I guess my primary reaction is disappointment. I saw a post by BillandKate and opened it expecting an interesting story about a cheating wife, or some such. But no. I'll hope for better in your next post. But thank you for bothering to post your previous stories.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
Nice way to start the day

Thanks for sharing that story, it could have gone several ways, but it was a direct down the line romantic loving wife story.

JackallsJackallsover 5 years ago
Alas

Poor wrongly categorized story. Nothing happening. Waste of reading time, no twist no turn. Plain and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous

A great and poignant story. Ironically published on my 40th wedding anniversary. Just before opening the site I had been thinking of mine and my wife’s time together. Nice to see a true loving wife tale in this section .

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

I HAVE to nit pick, it's Al Kooper, with a "K." As an aside, "Child is Father to the Man" was by FAR the best B,S & T album, much better than the David Clayton Thomas albums.

"three months later Kathryn leaves; each day since added to the weight on his chest." - I agree, lines like that carry a lot more punch in LW than in Romance.

@Anonymous Re: "It's in the wrong category." - I disagree, the line about her leaving was much more suspenseful for being in Loving Wives.

Great song choices, one or two I'm not familiar with, will have to check out on YouTube. I know you couldn't list EVERY song, so maybe it was on the tape, but for me, The Righteous Brothers "Unchained Melody" HAS to be there!

texaschucktexaschuckover 5 years ago

Truly a loving wives tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thumbs up

All the way!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Lovely!

And a delightful change from the usual fare. That was a treat. Thank you.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Great LW story

Nice twist which was as unexpected as it was well received, thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Waste of time

That's 5 minutes I won't get back, what a waste of time, this was a POS

ribnitinribnitinover 5 years ago
Enjoyable

Nicely written.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Always Room for a TLW (when well done!)

Very enjoyable read. Thanks.

4*

DazknightDazknightover 5 years ago
Nice twist

Nice hook "empty side of bed" to lead in wrong direction then later "her home address" but she was "at work".

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Wrong category!

On purpose!

Both mean, and nice. There was, indeed, tension waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop. “Ah-ha, she’s pregnant from the gangbang after she was drugged” ... No?

Affair with young male-nurse... no?

Motorcycle gang?

Mailman?

Milkman?

4-stars.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Enjoyed

Almost always enjoy your stories . This was a nice change. 5

BillandKateBillandKateover 5 years agoAuthor
Al Kooper

How embarrassing. Our apologies to Al - one of the greats. And yes, 'Child is the Father to the Man' is an album everyone should hear (and own). The entire album (CD) is excellent. Thanks for pointing out our error.

Bill and Kate

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Sweet story. I enjoyed it.

Thanks for sharing.

Cog

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Short and sweet. Not the greatest LW story ever, but certainly worthy of both the category and the commetariat. How interesting that the Towering Triumvirate of 2:Anony-mice and Jerk-All were displeased unto negative comments...

Nice to see Douchery paying it's wages in dissatisfaction.

cyferxcyferxover 5 years ago
Suspense

should be in the story not in a completely external aspect like miscategorization of the work. It comes as a bait and switch, a bad trick to play on your readers, like a book in the mystery section with no mystery. I am surprised you would engage in such deception, let alone acknowledge it in the end and ask not to be called out on it. Here is your call out, sir. 2*

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 5 years ago
Very Nice!

Thank you for this interesting and even moving story.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 5 years ago
Love...

How can a husband and wife love each other when they're half a world apart? Love finds a way. May their tribe increase. Oops, they already took care of that, didn't they?

Thank you for imagining this, and for telling it well.

GA

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A nice twist and well written.

A pleasing subversion of expectations.

I liked it.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing, a beautiful trip down memory lane for these two, and many more years to make even more happy memories. This belongs here, she truly is a loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Disappointed

It is sad when an author thinks so highly of his or her writing that he or she completely violates the trust of their audience by posting intentionally in the wrong category. People come here to read a specific type of story. If we wanted to read self-indulgent, romantic drivel we would be fans of the Romance category. I found the story to not be a story at all. It was a stupid love letter from husband to wife with a mix tape thrown in.

Your weak excuse for putting it in this category was to create suspense. Why? Just so you could fuck over the readers who patiently waded through the crappy story only to never get anything worthwhile out of it?

I gave it what it more than it deserved: 1*.

I will no longer read your stories, because I can no longer trust you to fulfill your part of the writer-reader contract. I trusted you to write stories in the right category. You betrayed that trust. I don't want to be subjected to another waste of time like this, so I will avoid your stories from now on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good for what it contained, . . .

great for what it didn't contain.

You forgot to tell us how Kathryn was so distraught and traumatized by the suffering and death surrounding her that she was desperate for intellectual and emotional comfort. So she became a big cock whore, like some of her female medical colleagues in Whores Without Borders, particularly one named Simone.

You forgot to tell us how Kathryn really really loved her husband and children, but just decided that she was so needed and gifted at relieving suffering and pain, and seminal fluid pressure build up, that she just had to re-up for another tour, especially since several of her big cock lovers were also hanging around. And I mean really really hanging, after she was done with them. Sure, the abortion was a minor inconvenience, but she knew her husband was through with all that family stuff. Well, at least she was, at least with that family.

Yeah, thanks for leaving all that sort of crap in the cesspool of other stories, and telling us a simple tale about true love, and loyalty, and sacrifice, and patriotism.

Thank you.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Anon 12/29

Who says every story posted here in LW has to have a cheating wife, swinging, or a ridiculous cuckold to be relevant. You and your asshole bitches were expecting her to be screwing all the doctors and pregnant by one of them. Sorry B&K disappointed you. If all the insane comments that I have seen posted in LW, this is the most ridiculous.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Agree with mis-categorization comment

The story is mis-categorized and it does not belong to LW.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Many

Many of us complain that cuckold stories don't belong in LW . No one pays any attention to us either. Guess we're even.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Lovely story

The tension is all there because we do not know why he is depressed and how she could have failed his trust until the end. Tension is the important part of LW.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Excellent...

I see the "category cops" are filled with wrath and righteous indignation once again. Their comments might have more impact if anyone actually cared what they think... about anything.

Sweet story. 5 stars. And I think you chose the perfect category. Thanks.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
I love it.

A breathe of fresh air in the LW category. Who knew a wife could actually be faithful and loving. Ty for the story. Short but sweet from 2 of my favorite authors.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 5 years ago
Thank you!

The agony of not being with your spouse. The tender moments commonly shared and remembered. The power of music, their words, the feelings and emotions that accompany them.

Thank you for this tender, sweet, loving, caring, and sharing love story. For this retired soldier, you've restored much of my faith.

KRD19254KRD19254about 5 years ago

My only WTF is ---- WHY did she need to do the calendar math? And being listed in LW - I saw a hook coming, with an implication that she was not sure it was Billy's !?!? And at 43 she is at about the right amount of time to retire - back into motherhood. 5mo and a half-shot......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A lovely tale

It was confusing at first. There seemed a suggestion that his wife had deserted him, which at the ending did not seem to be the case. The obvious question? What was a top-flight surgeon, at 43(!!!) doing in the armed forces at the lowly rank of major. Nonsense!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
So you miscategorize and mislead us just because you feel like it.

Nice.

desertdog43desertdog43almost 5 years ago
FYI

she's cutting on US Marines ? Then she's a navy officer hence a Lt. Commander. We contract our medical & transport services to the navy they have lots a boats....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@DesertDog

Devil Dog, you get evac'ed to the nearest FOB with a surgical unit and it ain't swabbies, are you really gonna complain?

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
How Did I Miss This?

Lovely story. Thanks for sharing.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 4 years ago
Kept Waiting

For the other shoe to drop...never did. Nice surprise.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Oh nice

Kept waiting for the motor barrage to come in, glad it didn't. Loved the ending.

DigitalBlacksmithDigitalBlacksmithabout 4 years ago
Beautiful Story

One of the best things about reading this category is finding surprises like this. Please keep sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mix tapes :)

It's funny, several months ago my niece was talking about how awesome her "playlist" was that her boyfriend created for her. My wife, sister and brother in law just chuckled. My niece asked what was so funny and we told her about mix tapes, same concept just took way more time to create. She asked why and we explained the process that it often took an hour or two, sometimes days if you were waiting for a song on the radio.

We were at my parents house at the time and my sister and I looked at each other and laughed. We went to the basement and sure enough we found boxes with our old cassettes. We found a couple mix tapes from high school and put them on the stereo. The adults just smiled and laughed remembering the time. Everything was a little slower back then.

Our niece didn't get it but that's okay, different generation. Sure the sentiment and intent is the same but does it have the same impact? We still have the mixtapes and they still play if we have tape decks. Playlists take a few minutes to put together and are easily lost. Sure tapes can be as well but I think the fact they were put together by someone who made the time necessary makes it a little more special....

Or maybe we are just old and nostalgic.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 4 years agoAuthor
MIx Tapes

Gatsby - Kate bought me a tape converter (cassette to MP3) from Hammacher last Christmas so I could convert all the mix tapes I made for her while courting. The tapes worked, she married me. And now we can play them again.

Thanks for your fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
When I Did This

For the woman who used a word I heard for the very first time 'soulmates' to describe us I used entirely different songs and put them on CD's instead of tape. The first track was Marty Robbin's 'The Story Of My Life', I certainly don't remember all of them but I do know it was followed by Jay (Black) And The Americans's 'This Magic Moment' and 'Cara Mia'. Unfortunately it didn't turn out the same way it for Bill and Kate. Before I could finish my little project of love I discovered accidently (don't we always) she spent a few days in Detroit not at the seminar she told me she was attending in a Holiday Inn with a male co-worker. Needless to say the effort went straight into the circular file right beside our relationship.

If my experience with two pregnant women is an example, Billy might want to fill a script for some little blue or yellow pills. At his age that woman is going to need more than the gas he has in the tank. Really nice to see a very good Romantic story, no matter the category it's posted in. Signed: BTW

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again, a beautiful story and a pleasure to read.

mower9527mower9527almost 4 years ago

yes, the suspense...waiting for the other shoe to drop. you scamps.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Would've loved the reunion story but beautiful tale regardless.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

Just a lovely story, No need for more

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

Just a love story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very nice, simple, yet different story-construction! Dee-lish!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Pregnancy would disqualify her from remaining deployed in theater. She could work somewhere like Kuwait or Rhein-Mann or maybe even Diego Garcia, but in Iraq or Afghanistan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sweet :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Actually it is in the right category. I am always pleased to read of the true Loving wives.

Thank you for your creativity, and for sharing your writings with us.

Norman_Sands

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars - no comment

GrephGrephabout 2 years ago

I liked this story it is a very sweet piece of writing and a very refreshing change of pace in a category that can be narrow minded in the stories presented it's a 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good story.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was indeed a nice surprise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A loving wife and loving husband.

Chimo1961Chimo1961almost 2 years ago

I have to admit I was expecting a tragedy of some type, it was the perfect set up for the “Tragic ending”. Thank you for giving me smile this time, it a tear. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No waste of time, at all... 🧐 ☺️

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

Birth control? Not for US!! We don't NEED no stinking diaphrams or pills.

I met my latest wife the month she turned 57. (I was 68)

Three months later she was pregnant.

I was going to be a brand new Daddy at the age of 68.

God has a strange sense of humor.

Michael was born in February of 2014.

He was stillborn due to a tangled cord.

Full term, beautiful, perfect, and dead.

His memory is forever ours.

I'm 75 today, and.....

Age is just a number.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A truly warm and tender story.

Two people who still love each other even more then the day they were married.

No cheating. No betrayal. Just timeless faithfulness and love.

Thank you both for this one

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Right category. She was a Loving wife after all

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

I think it fits right in here. LW has literally become a swamp of closeted men who dream about other dudes dicks or really shitty women, all placed in stories that require less effort to write than it does to have a shart the morning after downing a boatload of Budweiser.

So personally I appreciate decent writing/stories. Hell I even found 3 or 4 cuck stories that werent THAT bad but they had to go overboard and ruin it. Writes like you two are like a breakwater in a harbor and helps calm the shit storm s caused by the likes of Odoreater and his ilk.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Very good, 5 Stars. And I don't care which category your stories are in, I read them all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely story. Military service must be tough on families. Author seems to imply that Kathryn had chosen to separate from her husband. We learn further down she is under orders in Afghanistan and trying to cover up a pregnancy. Lovely tale of love.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Bill and Kate, have you ever heard Super Sessions with Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield and Stephen Stills?

I don't know if you're into jazz at all, but you might want to check out Don Ellis, he played some cool shit. Check out Pussy Wiggle Stomp!

BillandKateBillandKateover 1 year agoAuthor

to sbrooks

So little time - so much music.

Spent many hours listening to my dorm roommate's vinyl of Super Sessions. Kate and I will check out Don Ellis today, streaming makes it simple to find almost anything recorded, too easy compared to when we had to drive down to Tower Records, purchase the entire album, only to find that the one track was the only good piece on the album. Thanks,

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant, and old school beautiful, as usual. A welcome break in loving wives, all good for Thanksgiving. Loyalty and deep love from two people who clearly are good and faithful servants.

P.S. love the Billy Williams old school baseball reference especially. Well played 🤙🏿👋🏾

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was in the navy

Nothing about her except med student?!

Now deployment?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story, I also thought that they were divorced, nice twist at the end. One criticism, it was like me, a bit short!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A true love story, it was beautiful.

That, coming from a grizzly old man with a full grey beard and a cynical mind.

Cracker270Cracker27012 months ago

You two never disappoint. Thank you

mariverzmariverz12 months ago

autores, si fueran latinos les regalaría alguna de mis esposas o mancebos para vuestro disfrute

gracias por otra divertida lectura.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

You had me, I thought Kathryn has passed. Nice little story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Lovely

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Met my girl in 1975

Engaged my girl 1980

Married my girl in 1982

Kissed my girl goodnight last night 2024

Will love my girl till Ever

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

A great, very comfortable LW story. Playlist is a bonus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nice spin! Caught me off guard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

this REALLY needs a second part .

Btrying2Btrying226 days ago

Dang some of the cowardly anons sure get their panties in a wad over no cheating! Still a good story about a couple. Kept me guessing and trying to read between the lines. I did wonder about her rank; was this a reserve call up?

I did enjoy the tale. Laughed at those who expressed their displeasure with not finding she was a cheater.

Thanks for sharing your creativity. John

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...