All Comments on 'Marcie & Ramona's Sapphic Saturday'

by RetroFan

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
Only_connectOnly_connectover 3 years ago

Plenty of (pseudo?) innocent girly fun. But for me it would be a 5* rather than a 4* if:

- there was good, natural dialogue between the girls. It feels like we're seeing the action from afar, not sharing it with them.

- the vocabulary and description of the girls' bodies and actions was more thoughtful and precise, not just biological terms.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 3 years ago
Wonder what they look like now

If they are still alive, these two chicks would be seventy-eight years old! It would be kind of amusing to have a story about them running into each other in the present and reminiscing.

I was six in 1961, and yet I do remember that summer between kindergartern and first grade.

RetroFanRetroFanover 3 years agoAuthor
Marcie & Ramona Today

Hi Gunhilltrain - thanks for reading about Marcie and Ramona and I hoped you enjoyed it and that I was able to recapture the early 1960s.

Writing so many stories set in the past I often think that those set way back the characters would now be dead or elderly by now. All of the characters from 'Hotel Hijinks With An Heiress' would be dead given it is set in 1926, and three of my characters in different stories - Stan from 'Debbie the Dumb Gold Digger', Jo from 'The Starlet Seduces the Stagehand' and Humphrey from 'Grumpy Humphrey's Easy Wife' - were all born in 1912, so they would all be dead too. Even in the many stories I have set in the 1980s, 1990s and into the early 2000s the fresh faced young characters would now all be middle aged. I doubt Breanna from 'Trailer Trash Teen Hates Rules' would have aged well given how this little sociopath lived her life. Marcie and Ramona - now aged 78 if still alive - I'm not so sure.

Sometimes I wonder how younger readers on the site respond to stories set in the past and whether it would affect their enjoyment. For example, if some 18 & 19-year-old guys were looking for lesbian stories and found this one, would they enjoy it given it is set 59-years-ago and involves two girls who would be old enough to be their grandmothers, or would they click the back button and go and look for something more modern? Or would they still enjoy it?

I'm currently working on some more stories set in the past and hope to have them up before Christmas.

RetroFan

.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 3 years ago
Time passes quickly

I have two stories on other sites that are set in 1912 and 1927, but I have codas set in the 1980s I think that describe what happened to the characters.

I have no idea what younger people think. I haven't don't any research on this, but I wonder if there was lesbianism in past eras precisely because people didn't believe it existed. People wouldn't be as suspicious of two girls being alone together. Pure speculation of course. And the fear of pregnancy was always there, as in this story.

Even the ever-youthful baby boomers are showing their age now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story, RetroFan...

Good story and looking forward to your upcoming stories, RetroFan...

BTW, read Ann Douglas' stories sometime--she has stories set in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, as well (plus, she doesn't focus as much on bodily functions (three words--too much information) as some of your other stories do)...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous