All Comments on 'Married to Work'

by WFEATHER

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
sirsemegasirsemegaover 15 years ago
Good until..

the end.

What a downer!

It looked like he was goign to quit the job, he finally realized what he was missing, but really, had they discussed his job before? That came out of left field there, I'm sure that was your intent, but I would have liked it to end on a happy note.

Good writing, nice internal dialogue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Achieved purpose....

but why did you bother. If you just wanted to show your readers you could surprise them, got it. Great job. However, for most you just took a loving interlude and turned it into a depressing form of unrealistic revenge.

Simple49erSimple49erover 15 years ago
Undone!

I suspect you think you finished with this endings surprise. But you did not. Yes, he clearly was married to his job. Why? His little girls and and his wife. He clearly was thinking that this was not working. When did you mention that the wife had come to him and tried to talk about this. In fact, I suspect were he to hire an investigator, he would discover she has been cheating on him. Her tease was too easy, too practiced. Yah, he made a big mistake. But he did not go to another woman. He did not stop loving his family: children and WIFE! He needed encouragement to change, but all she did is cut off his balls, so to speak and leave him devastated. Who is she with now? What is she doing? What did he do? Just give up? Is he to be shafted by a selfish wife who will strip him of his income so she can go off and reap the benefits of his effort and not give him anything back? Finished this story! Not by a long shot!

AmazonBeauty1966AmazonBeauty1966over 5 years ago
WHOA

Not the ending I was suspecting ... I thought you were leading up to a desk clearing, primal pounding kind if scene ~ what a twist!! Poor fella ... Great writing as usual Sir, thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous