All Comments on 'Marsha and Gary Blackwell'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I don't think so

The narrator says the drive was long and tedious. So was this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cheaters deserve to be burned

Man or woman. You're scum if you think she shouldn't kill him in his sleep. Your wife should too if you think it's okay to cheat on her.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
Oh my God this is awful and just sad and pathetic

Let me see if I have this right. This guy who used to be a adolescent juvenile Criminal and supposedly tough guy somehow another mistakenly has sex with a strange woman who apparently has Supernatural powers. Then the tough guy spends the entire story crying and bawling his eyes out like some sort of pussy....

He decides to try and fight for marriage by sending his wife who was on a dinner date with another man... a dish they use to eat ?

How exactly does giving the wife divorce papers while she is dating another man... a good plan? On what planet?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I liked it

Good story. Well written. Thank you.

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
Well. Done

This story felt like what would really happen in a solid family. Women are more likely to forgive even if they never forget. I can imagine the turmoil Marsha went through as the reality of the rest of her life and her children's relationship with their father evolved in a less than ideal manner.

Thanks for sharing your effort with us.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
It was...hypocritical.

After all, if she was cheating on him and she dictated terms to him, then everyone would be out for blood. Hers. And somehow he would have been able to divorce her, keep his money, his kids etc etc and she would have ended up with nothing.

That being said I liked it. It was realistic, even her taking him back because that is what some couples do.

So thanks for writing.

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
Good story

Well written Carvohi,this bares kinda witness to the fact that guys can be just as bad as woman but allso a woman is far more forgiving then a man,more realistic allso

This category needed a story like this,thx for sharing

Werner from Poland

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
a plethora of beauty and infuriating contradictions

I get her anger, but when weighed out against the narrator's previously unblemished service as father to their children and provider to family - it seemed Marsha busted his balls real good to point of sadisn for an extended duration .

The bottom line is the kids were about to lose a loving and devoted father who had made a solitary slip as a family man. carovhi wove an expert web with characters that popped from print to life in this reader's brain.

The pregnancy saved the day, but truth to tell - his prospects weren't so bad. Marsha was going to make a big splash on single's market with 4 kids and her weird one and done tude' towards men ? I think not. I can't think of any scenes that were individually golden but the author showed real craft inexorably pressuring the splintered marriage to what seemed like inevitable dissolution.

Then finally, finally the salvage from above. Maybe hubby will have to laboriously scrub surgically clean every dirty cloth diaper for full and final pardon. Ironic how he was going to rigorously punish the hospital for an isolated mistake in much the same manner as Marsha borderline tortured him.

I thank carovhi for sharing .

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

I don't read carCUCK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Idiotic cuck/wimp crap!!! MINUS 5*!!!

That author has to be the world biggest cuckold/wimp!!!

rublicksrublicksover 7 years ago
@Annony

if you don't read it you shouldn't comment

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 7 years ago
Well written and well ended.

I am never comfortable reading about the man's infidelity but you presented both sides so very well. Thanks for your stories.

ambnomadambnomadover 7 years ago
Anions flas their stupidity again

I swear some people have no idea what it is to really love someone. Myy guess is either they ever experienced it or got dumped because of their own attitudes toward the opposite sex in general. They sound like a scorned woman at best. They berate other's writing but probably couldn't put two sentences together as they so elegantly indicate by their so insightful comments.

Only thing I expected to happen was for Gary to hit Marsha with the fact that she was cheating on her wedding vows. Since she was initially going to be a nun it would be a big thing for her to date while still married. My wife left the convent several years before we met and I know what seeing another man would mean to her even if we were separated. She would consider it cheating and it would never happen. I know Anon will say I'm a wimp etc but then Anon suffers from a major perceptual handicap - Doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Ambnomad

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 7 years ago
This one makes me think

Sounds like her parents did not care for him....Bringing in another guy and having him there could have had a different outcome. Makes you wonder what her hormones had to do with her outcome from the new boyfriend to letting him back. It appears she is easily swayed by many people.. Her parents included.

0zed0zedover 7 years ago
Drivel!

Long and boooooring! But wimp stories generally are.

A wimp women how unusual! NOT!

Put a warning on this shit so I don't have to waste as much time skimming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
its funny about your stories

in your stories, the woman cheats, the man spends the next 3 pages begging her to come back or he wollows in self pity. the women keep on with lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
opinion

loved it and so pleased to hear you have several others in the pipeline.Cant wait for the next one!

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
Excellent

You are by some distance the best writer on this site. You will attract your share of adolescent cretins but I am sure you are secure enough in your ability to ignore them.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
YAWN

lots of pages of the same ole stuff. i knew better but read it anyway.

you're a good writer but you run way to long. it may have been more effective at five pages.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Good to see you back

Great characters. Never flat and two-dimensional. Even Willoughby was a sympathetic guy. I guess Marsha's dad and brother weren't painted in the best light, but they were ultimately and justifiably overprotective. Thanks. I sure enjoy your contemplative writing style. I can't wait to see more. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A family is above an individual.

Only a father can look after the family, A small indiscretion has been handled by you very intelligently to save the lives of five kids who needed the iron hand of the father over them to guide them in life. You have done it expertly to bring happiness and life to the family and kept me on edge all the time to keep my interest to know the end.

Well done.

stallion.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
That was tremendous!

I dont give out 5* easily, there has to be some emotional connection to the characters, and this delivered. The halting way you wrote the dialogue and thoughts, never finishing sentences-was frustrating as hell but man did it spur me to read on at an accelerating pace. You closed it all up in a tidy knot, and I do admit I am a sucker for "ride of into the sunset" endings and that was delivered credibly as well.

I think you will get criticism for wrapping it up to quickly, that you rushed the ending, but I dont think so. It all came together beautifully.

I think this is your finest submission to LW. I never read any of your stuff in other categories, and was surprised to see the volume of your writing in them when I checked your biography before penning this comment. I will make it a point to check them out. I find I am liking the romance category quite a bit with Dreamcloud and Adrian Leverkuhn, and am hoping I can find comfort in your stories in other categories when LW section is bereft as it is so many days in a month.

Good job!

FreewheelFreewheelover 7 years ago
Great Story

Your stories are always great. Thank you! It's been a while since a good story has been posted.

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
It's true that women are more likely to forgive or tolerate cheating by their partners than men are...

But reading about a woman accepting it is just as annoying as reading about a man doing it.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 7 years ago
You

Turned the tables on this one. Lots of emotion...makes one rethink the whole BTB concept and how, in some cases, as hard as it may be, hanging in there may be best for all...putting ego and macho aside...just talking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

Never liked reconciliations. Never will.

She should've aborted the baby, dropped the philander like a bad habit, gotten as much alimony and child support out of him as possible and lived a full life. She didn't need to keep the cheating bastard around herself.

Once a cheat, always a cheat. After the reconciliation she'll have to go through the rest of her married life thinking about who else her husband is fucking while he's away from home.

And honestly, what was that male chauvinistic thing about staking his ground?

This story was NOT about courage. He chose the coward's way out. Had he been truly regretful about what he did, he would have owned up to his wife immediately, pushed for the separation and divorce himself and then offered child support for his loving kids and alimony for his faithful wife. THAT would have been the true Christian thing to do. THAT would have been true courage.

And maybe... just maybe... after seeing his actions his wife would have considered taking him back.

This sniveling jerk was in no way courageous.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 7 years ago
Too long for too little

It just went on and on and I kept waiting for a plot twist but it never happened. I was thinking that either Marsha or her family set him up for a fall but it was much simpler and boring than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Literal cuckold

What trash

Yeah, he cheated. Twice

She cheated enough to get knocked up. Months?

And the best bit? The ball-less wimp hubby doesn't demand an abortion and cuckolds himself in his "reconciliation"

Sick stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story and Well written. It's a "5"

a nice twist to the story might have been if there had been some question as to who fathered the 5th child

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story, 5+, another excellient tale from carvohi

carvohi, Thank you for another fine effort and very well crafted story. Unlike the typical formula LW stories, BTB, Cuck or RAAC, this tale was far more reflective of a real life situation and the emotional cost to a family and wife, when the husband thinks with his dick for a short period of time. And, he pays a hell of a price to get his wife and family back together. I also liked that rather than the "magical counselor" who gets the couple back together.

Finally our protagonist faces the responsibility of his actions and is ready to walk away, because that the only way he can force his wife to realize the outcome of her behavior as well. Being Catholic, I can understand how a very traditional wife would eschew filing a divorce, although I must admit that I simply never meet a Catholic woman and later wife who was not on birth control,

As with all your stories, a very readable tale. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anonymous

"To err is human, to Forgive is divine. "

Great story. Any other ending would have been contrary to the beliefs she manifested throughout the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

This is a very good, well-written story. The concept of forgiveness seems to be a foreign idea for many, or at least for many who read some of these stories. As you have projected this in the story, it is certainly a Christian part of what is taught and expected. Interestingly, my guess is many of these readers are Christian (statistically based) yet it appears to be a foreign idea to them. Too bad!

Clearly not all transgressions might not be easily forgivable but as this story evolved, one can argue (as you have in this story) that this one could be. The marriage had a firm foundation based on love and giving. He made a horrible mistake and he knew it. The only thing missing was the person Varina and how did she fit. Clearly her husband knew about it; was it part of a broader segment of the story (you didn't follow that through), or maybe just an irrelevant issue within the story. It would have completed the saga.

Anyway, I thought it was a very good story and really liked how you developed both Gary and his maturity as a person and Marsha and her growth. Too bad about Cullen but maybe he was a key reason why his wife left him. The kids were great.

(Any sequel?)

Keep up the good work and ignore the shallow negatives.

Tiny Tim

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 7 years ago
A snarky comment

As a lapsed Catholic, I recognize the sort of thinking that allows "Sister Marsha the Good" to punish a child for speaking to his father without her permission.

TrishieldTrishieldover 7 years ago
A heartbreaking read.

In the end I'm glad they worked it out. He was definitely a jackass and for that he paid the price and I think became a better person for it.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THOSE CYCLES AND CIRCLES

become longer and steeper to reach the top; TK U MLJ LV NV

oshawoshawover 7 years ago

Carvohi, you've written another incredible story. I couldn't wait to see if you were going to crash the relationship or salvage it. Would've loved to seen you explore more of Marsha's relationship with her father and his insistence of "gifting" her to the church. Really would've brought to bear another low self esteem issue for Marsha. Thanks for another enjoyable read.

mony50usmony50usover 7 years ago
Good story

I do not subscribe to the BTB crowd or the reconciliation crowd as a whole. I just like a good story that is well written and has a good plot. This was a good story and I thank the author

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Work!

I've been married to my sweetheart for 45 years and 20 years ago I had a "dalliance" that was not intimate, but a betrayal nonetheless. I broke her heart and won it back and we are still going strong. The only difference is that I personally and physically refused to leave our home and our bed and though there were some awful moments, we survived and thrived.

This is in my estimation, your best work yet.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Well said Tiny Tim (Anonymous comment)

Forgiveness takes some doing, but it is amazing how many followers of a faith that says 'to forgive is divine' are less forgiving than many non-followers.

And I wonder what terrible experiences another Anonymous commenter has had that caused him/her to say "once a cheat, always a cheat". Can nobody learn from their experiences?

Congratulations Carvohi. I thought you explored the emotions well and produced a realistic story.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

I really enjoyed your story Carvohi Jedd Clampett. It reminds me of another author here. A talented writer with interesting characters, well written dialogue, and plots that move right along.

The main difference is his cheaters do it with malicious or narcissistic intentions.

Matt Moreau !

I prefer a cheater to pay for their oathbreaking.

In a M.M. story usually that's with a divorce and being taken to the cleaners. Then if the protagonist is lucky a happier remarried life. There are a couple of rare stories with the cheater being remorseful and willing to do restitution for the opportunity of reconciliation.

Carvohi you are a talented writer , Matt Moreau is a talented writer. I just don't like it when your story reminds me of his stories. It doesn't feel right.

Gave your story 3*s. Thank you for your hard work💪,lol!

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent

Great story . I'm a sucker for betrayal, forgiveness and getting it right in the aftermath. Keep these great stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
fr45 is pissed

He will just have to get over it, LOL Keep writing. Your work is very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Heavy, dark story with a dull light at the end.

Would have liked for the father in law and brother in law get some kind of dressing down for a minimum............the new suitor needs more.

Thanks for letting our knight in shining armor grow back his balls that he had misplaced.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
Excellent. Brilliant.

An excellent work of detailed storytelling. Even after I finished reading it rumbled around in my head until it all clicked into place. One of the very best.

On a side note, as I was reading I kept thinking that if I wanted a story where the man screwed up I'd just look on the mirror. Haha.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The wife is an example of why I left Catholicism!

Very good story! The wife reminded me of so many of my Catholic relatives who have demonstrated their lack of understanding of Christian principles over the years.

I think a follow up story of how she grew up and became a real woman and wife might be a good one perhaps in the romance category. Thank you for all your stories!

Rick

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
First chapter came and went...

No more I thought I'm not going to like this, but then.... Five stars for a first class piece of work.

tktommytktommyover 7 years ago

Almost gave up in the beginning but glad I stayed with it, it just got good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

As I read I started to think "Ok, he acted like a POS in what he did, and deserves some humiliation." But after several months, and Marsha having her own affair (whether or not it turned physical) it seemed time to do what he did at the end.. let her know that she needed to decide to either forgive or deteŕmine that it was unforgiveable and they should move on. As I thought more about it, though, I decided that Gary did well to put up with things as long as he did. Marsha was badly damaged growing up, and I think some extra patience to allow her time to be ready to take Gary back was warranted.

Excellent story.

RhomanovRhomanovover 7 years ago
***

Good potential.

Sadly I found a midling boring tale. Sat through it and while it showed inklings of potential greatness, these never evolved.

Pelican44Pelican44over 7 years ago
Loved It

I always enjoy your stories and this one was no exception. Glad she remembered she was a Christian in the end.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
To err is human...

No one is perfect, most of us have something in our past that we deeply regret.

He stumbled, she made him pay and suffer. But their love finally won in the end.

A very human story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God"

Forgiveness. The most precious gift, for those that have wronged us, and equally importantl, for the one that has been wronged. This story has many qualities we can all learn from. 5.. Thank you for the gift of your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nope

Even though he was wrong especially after the second slip still not buying that he willing moves in with her sister, allows GPS Tracking, greatly reduced communication and visitation with his children, and pays her extra money so she can date. Also not buying into an arbitrator that is completely biased to one party.

DKS

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 7 years ago
A couple of points

Firstly the Varina character seems unlikely to say the least. If she knew her hubby was security conscious she would have realised that he would have the full anti-burglar equipment around the premises. So she wouldn't have fouled her own nest with hubby's devices all around. So what happened to her afterwards? No further interest? I think she would have re-emerged as an on-going problem at the very least.

And does he assume that the fifth child is really his? Does he even ask? After all, he's been away and the wife has been seeing this other guy, Cullen. Just surprised that this never even came up.

When he came home after his tryst with Varina, Marsha had just been showering too. Oh well I did rather assume that she'd been up to something too, and was waiting for that to come to light, with the following questions of double standard being raised, but no that didn't happen. I suppose I must have been reading too much Literotica.

Some bits I did rather skip, all those flash-backs; but the whole thing was well written and I wanted to stay with the story until the end and I guess that is the real test in one sense.

Over all well written thanks,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

carvohi = automatic one star

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 7 years ago
Well, Jed, I think you've outdid yourself this time

First, I started this this morning and couldn't stop until I got through with it, even missing a lunch meeting I attend every Friday. Second, I can relate to it in so many areas and aspects of things that have happened in my own life. Third, I'm glad you don't shy away from the Christian and Bible references. I've complimented you before on this. As a Christian myself, you are spot on in your statements. Also, you could have thrown in that Christ says if we are not willing to forgive others' trespasses, God will not forgive us our trespasses. And finally, when Jamie asked "Who's Bonnie Tyler?" I did not get it then, and I was looking for the name to come up in the last of the story. I even thought it might be our own "Bonnie T" here on this site, but then I remembered she's Bonnie Taylor. I wondered how you was going to bring her in it. So when I finished, I Googled "Bonnie Tyler" and suddenly it came to me. Her songs, "I Need a Hero" and "Total Eclipse Of the Heart" were there staring back at me. That's exactly what Marsha was needing, her hero, that came to her be her hero when they were dating, and who she needed now to stand up against her own family. Then the lyrics,

"Every now and then

I get a little bit lonely

And you're never coming round

Every now and then

I get a little bit tired

Of listening to the sound of my tears...etc"

This was probably what Marsha was listening to during her time of "mourning" at the breaking up of her marriage."

Anyway, I'll quickly finish. Another great story, (I don't care what others say). 5 *'s and FS status.

I know I'll wind up reading all of your submissions. I've already read most of them.

Danger09Danger09over 7 years ago
He's the one that cheated MULTIPLE times

Yet has the fucking nerve to dictate what he won't do🤔🤔🤔... This wasn't a one time thing he's a serial cheater she should've signed his divorce papers and moved the hell on. He cheated while they dated--yet he love her, he cheats while married--yet he loves her--😂😂😂😂.. Ok... Sure.. I didn't care for his attitude, " I can't keep apologizing", If I come home I want to come all the way home and I expect intimacy"‼️‼️ Da fuq⁉️ He's the one that fuck'd how dare he force her to get over it? He should've given her time to get pass it, moving back home and sleeping in/on the couch/guest room made sense, no way in hell I'd want his penis anywhere near me after fucking some wrinkled up dried up toothless old whore... TWICE!! He's disgusting...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Can nobody learn from their experiences?

Yes, they can "luedon". One slip many years ago and the guilt still is there. I've asked myself dozens of times why did I cheat on my wife, whom I loved almost half a century. I really never could come up with an answer. Human weakness, the excitement of strange? I don't know but I do know the guilt was killing me and I never was tempted again, ever. Thinking back it wouldn't have been worth loosing what I have now, contentment and the knowledge that I have a spouse who never let me down. I can't say the same and will take that with me to the grave. The only thing I will say now, is beware of temptation. Is it worth giving up everything? Not to me.

Good story author. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Author is clearly a cheat apologist. Burn him like the bitch he is.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
Great story!

Very compelling. I had to read it in several sittings, but all the same day. This was a tough sell because our hero was a cheater. He was flawed and imperfect but a hero non the less. He admitted to initially dating Marsha for the wrong reason. He had to work it up to be seen in public with her. People can change for the better. Terrific writing can make any plot work. Thanks for the great read and I'm glad to read a carvohi any time. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I know he fucked up but when she started dating that jerk I thought he would make more of an issue out of it. After all now she's cheating to some degree. He won't know if she's kissing or having sex with him and they are not divorced yet. For me the first time I walked into my sons birthday with a guy's arms around her I would of turned around and walk out letting all know divorce papers will be sent. Also if they sent some clown to get my son from me it would've been jail or a hospital for me, I would never have given in to that. Call it silly pride but that would have been game over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I think it was a good story. Thank You for that.

I liked how you developed the characters and portrayed their backgrounds and the influence on their personalities. I did not care for the going back and forth in time to tells us their backgrounds. I guess I'm sort of a linear story reader, looking for the beginning, the middle, and the end. Your parceling out their history mixed in with their present situation had me skimming over the history until I could figure out why you interrupted some present situation or event to review the historical record. I hope it worked for most readers.

As to the plot, I thought it was sound and believable. You also did pretty well with the children's role in the anguish and suffering, and their uncertain and shifting allegiances. The kids always get screwed the worst when this shit happens. The wife's grief and difficulty in forgiving her husband was very well done. I thought the resolution of the marriage could have gone either way, due to your good buildup to the final scene. I was ready for either decision, but of course glad for their reconciliation and slow but steady recovery. I think the pregnancy was a great plot device, but you had him miss an opportunity when he should have responded that, because of her character and virtue he knew the baby was his, but he would raise his wife's child as his own, regardless. He owed her that.

All the bullshit he put up with and accepted was a weak point in the story, as it went against the character you created.

So, not phenomenal, but really very good. Thank you for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LOVED It

Thank you

qhml1qhml1over 7 years ago
Probably one of your best

In my opinion. Well written over all, the angst and emotion you portrayed from the point of the sinner was excellent. That being said, when he discovered she was dating another man but refused to discuss a divorce, allowed the other man undue influence on their children, and repeated almost as a mantra "I'll never forgive you," I would have had the protagonist pull out the divorce papers much sooner.

Thanks for the read,

Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I doubt that I have ever read anything of this kind that I found as compelling and as...

...heart-rending.

I thought your characterization was masterful (usually very, very good, but really, you outdid yourself this time). I felt like a close friend or neighbor of this family...perhaps like a godfather to their firstborn...perhaps all of their children.

I felt like punching out daddy's lights several times....the dope. And the clannish mess and oppressiveness of the family situation Marsha came from. Just wow!

Also, the more intimate details of the Irish-Catholic subculture were both interesting and enlightening. You must have some closer familiarity, or you've researched this kind of thing for years. I'm betting it's in your upbringing.

I dated a Scottish-Catholic girl for several months. Now. There's a scene. Big damn Norwegian/Dutch boy, with a much shorter, green eyed, auburn-haired firecracker. We were a sight and I was lost in her green eyes. She was so beautiful, I was in real trouble the first time I laid eyes on here in the county offices I visited one day and in which she worked.

Always the contrarian, she turned tables on me every time we went out. I was so messed up after three months, I finally needed a rest and quit calling at all.

Three days later, her three closest friends in tow, she comes bearing down on me like she was swinging Thor's Hammer, aiming to knock me straight to Valhalla. When the tirade started her three friends adopted looks that ranged from abject terror to smarmy smirk. With just her words, she sucked my soul out of my body, shredded it to fine dust and poured it down my throat. I sagged. Looking at my feet, then slowly raising my eyes to her violent, indignant and nearly gold-rimmed, emerald eyes, I told her I didn't think she had been enjoying my company, so decided we ought to take a break for a few days. I said, having heard what she really felt now, I could see that I was entirely mistaken...just dead wrong........we didn't need a break. We needed to move on.

She spouted and tumbled, but I turned straightened myself to my best posture and strode out of the building. She'd apparently never been dumped before, so the dance went on for another week. I mostly didn't participate, I listened politely, but refused every demand, every offer, every attempt to rejoin. Messengers varied from one or the other of her friends, to her big brother, to the boyfriend she dumped for me....to her father.

It all came to an abrupt halt when I finally found her in a group, several guys maneuvering to get close and told her and her audience to stop embarrassing herself. We were done and she'd made that very clear. I had taken a job in the city ten miles east of our town and had no time for....this. That was the last time I saw her for nearly thirty years. The rest...well, perhaps when my situation and security requirements change, I can stop my anonymous haunting of this site, join and contribute a story that, at least somewhat, tells my story with Freya and how it all concluded those many years later.

So. You've done it again.

Please, continue!

zman1980zman1980over 7 years ago
Her Perspective

Great story, but it's begging for a sequel from her perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The best story i have read on Literotica !!!

Well Written for sure.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years agoAuthor
To anonymous "I doubted i ever read..." just above.

That's what I dislike about anonymous comments. The guy, he must have met a woman just like my wife, that green eyed, can't be stopped devil. I married mine and lived happily ever. You poor anonymous guy; you missed your chance, and I think you might know it now. Once they decide and close in they're like German Shepherds, loyal and protective to the death. It's scary.

Thanks for the comment. You given me some good ideas.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why???

Why does carvhi enable cheating man and woman without consequences?? This is not path of christian marriage!! Such men as this story deserve second, better woman for revenge on cheating slut woman!!!!!! Author apologize for cheaters because he is a cheater, hmmmmmmmmmm??!! It seems likely!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another Gem

I liked your characterizations of Marsha and Gary, and I liked a fresh take on the category. Thank you for not giving in to the BTB crowd. Your use of the Catholic/Christian compulsion to forgiveness is solid. At one point one of the apostles asks Christ how many times he must forgive. He offers a seemingly generous "Seven times?" Christ responds, "Seventy times seven."

Now for what I needed to see: how Marsha dealt with her parents before the event and how she would deal with her brother and her suitor. She is an interesting character and some time inside her mind might have been rewarding.

mcbsmcbsover 7 years ago
Wrong Category

I gave three stars. A good well written story, but in the wrong category. This story probably should have been in the Romance genre. I do have a problem, believing that the wife of the antigue dealer, didn't know about the cameras.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
rubbish

One of the worst stories ever written because you possibly have the ability to write a story. This was crap.....your subject matter enthrals only a handful of other dickheads on this planet.

Where was the joy?

Why write children into your drivel?

Think about the state of your mind..... when you get over your hang-up problems you will hate this story ...so don't lock your mind into this sick crap.......... try to write something sexy! and of course don't take yourself so seriously.

megachurchmegachurchover 7 years ago
Excellent!

Except for the unlikelihood that the woman in the antique store would disregard the presence of the security cameras it was a plausible story. The characters were all complicated just like in real life. They were foolish, creepy, hypocritical, dishonest, idealistic, despicable and nice. Grandfather was a superb asshole. I've known his actual prototype.

I enjoyed Marsha the wannabe nun who was seemingly incapable of forgiveness. Perfect!

Carvohi is a terrific author. I find his writing realistic and spellbinding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

I thought it was very good. Agree maybe Romance ! If you continue the story, more about the boy friend and the Dad and brothers deep secret life as crooked cops

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 7 years ago
different from the run of the mill in this genre

Not at all what I was expecting. But I enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
A better man

Excellent story, Jedd. I could not have taken the trials that Gary went through- after seeing him replaced by a new man and the family aligned against him, I'd have headed for the hills. I do NOT understand the heaps of coldness and cruelty Marsha heaped on him, while saying she still loved him. They don't seem to go together- it would have boiled all the love out of that relationship since, as we are all told, there is a thin line between love and hate and it can turn on a dime. Stopping the sniveling and whining was a good idea- it is hard to love a weak pathetic man. Glad to see them together, even if damaged and a work in progress. Should I feel sorry for Cullen? He was a strange mix of interloper and a broken man, and the children really didn't seem to like him much. I once got between an estranged wife and her husband, and the whole time I was on pins and needles, waiting to get closed out. Poor guy. Anyhow, I think this is one of your best, even though I kept cringing and saying "just leave! Run away!". It is 2 am and I couldn't stop reading your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
just anuther

1 star,, I'm a damned catholic tale. what does being a damned catholic have to do with the tale

1*

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
A very good story...Intense...

A very good story...Intense...Till the end @carvohi kept us guessing what would happen to this couple...The only weak point was as @megachurch said: The woman he cheated with, didn't know about the cameras? Or she wanted her husband to find out, no matter who would she harm? 4*

laguna783laguna783over 7 years ago
I Understand

I can understand why this story went on and on, yes he made a more than serious mistake but was to weak to do anything about it, now this guy is a lawyer and I can't understand why he would put himself in that situation, now as for Catholic belief's that's another story mainly if they are Irish, been there done that but wouldn't carry on with it as it was to controlling, so you might say have I gave up believing well I will put it another way, it was forced onto us at school so we either joined the church or not but it didn't stop us believing, now back to the story, as I said I understand he was under a lot of pressure to try and save the family even though he had all her family against him, she was never loved by her family, they tried to control her just like some religions do, are you getting the drift, but she's not stupid the story tells you that, it was at the end predictable to say that the story could only end two ways, the author told you one the other was divorce, but that would have gone against the Catholic Church as it doesn't believe in divorce, so folks give the author a break, its a story no one got hurt, although maybe some of her family should have been hurt, but that's maybe another story, only the author can tell, by the way carvohi maybe you should think about part 2 and let all that happened while Marsha was away from Gary, we heard from his son but is that enough after all there was nothing about what her father and brother did to try and split them up, sounds like good Irish catholic to me not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Couldn't stop reading....

Wow, that story just sucked me right in & I couldn't stop reading. Great writing....hope to read more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
her father

That guy needs his fucking ass kicked.

xtremeddxtremeddover 7 years ago
Intense. A Carvohi story....

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
Cave His Head In

The guy really needs to have his head bashed in. Should of just had her served and moved on with his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Mixed views 4*

So why in all of this was it ok for her to date someone while she was still married and for him to not mention it one single time?!! He was supposed to be a tough lawyer not an ignorant wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Story with a great message.

The truth is we are all flawed but we can do great and wonderful things. Forgiveness is one of those things; breaking the wedding vows is a monumental flaw. Putting the best we can be to cover a terrible failure and keeping a family together is what we should do and not be so self centered, putting other ahead of ones self. Great story.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 7 years ago
Catholic?

Just cause you´re catholic doesn´t mean you have to be stupid. Now what makes this man think this kid is his? His wife started fucking another guy right after their separation. He did itvtwice. How many times did she do this other man? I think she just liked the idea of having her lover and keeping her husband nearby in case the lover ran out of money to take her out. This man is stupid. He should have gotten the divorce soon as he found out she had a lover. I liked your story. What I didn´t like is the cuck husband and his stupidity. For gods sake. He´s an attorney he should know he could have gotten that guy for taping him without his permission. And his brother and father in law? Libel. Where were they going to come up with the proof of his cheating other than that one time. Really stupid I believe

carvohicarvohiabout 7 years agoAuthor
To Widowedidiot...

I wrote the story. Nowhere does it say Marsha was having sex. She was seeing someone, and that was all. She was a deeply religious woman, and a Catholic. Gary wasn't a wimp; he was a man who made a stupid decision and fought desperately to get his family back. A man who screws up owns up to his stupidity and tries to fix it. That's not being a wimp. The antique dealer has a right to monitor his store. He never took Gary to court, he never tried blackmail, but he did have his ass kicked for fooling with Varina.

If you read a story Really read it. If you just skim, then don't be an idiot when you leave a comment. I know you're not an idiot; next time just slow down.

Thanks anyway,

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5* Not a Rut Story

Different type of story for Car.

If wife is that religious, then how can she dating some guy when she was still married??

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
No Way

I would of given her-her hearts desire, the divorce she really wanted. Then I would of left the area without any forwarding information...just disappeared...

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Second time

Still liked it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry, but I'd have given her the papers and walked.

She says she wants the divorce, then fine, she gets it.

What she doesn't get is information concerning where I am, or what I am doing.

She wants the divorce, then she gets the full deal.

We'll soon see just how serious she is when she realizes she got her wish, and I'm really gone. Hey, she asked for it, not my fuckin' problem if she doesn't like it after a while.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
AFTER BEGGING AND PLEADING YOUR WAY BACK

ask, was the beating, being abandoned and betrayal. was any of it worth the pleasure, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very nice indeed.

Long but intriguing story. Worth the read. 🎖🎖🎖🎖🎖

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2* bad ending ruined the story

should have divorced the bitch .

both are scum . he cheated , she likely(yeah she did) cheated during separation .

probably a bastard kid also .

no divorce ruined this story 2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic!

I usually skip the ones where the husband cheats, glad I didn't this time! Gut wrenching tail of reconciliation. The fact she would have a potential new man at a birthday party at her parents just a few weeks after the separation is suspect. Other than that it is very realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Liked this one.

Like commenter before me, don't read cheating husband stories. Chose this one bc of author and high rating. Not disappointed.

Liked that he pushed her to her religious beliefs. (Is it really a"belief" if she doesn't do her belief?)

Does make me wonder how many cheating wives do not get what this cheating husband did, bc authors (and readers) want to "burn the bitch" since it is the wife instead of the husband?

Good job.

Pauli in Oklahoma

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Superb!

One of carvohi's best stories. Amazing . So much emotional turmoil and agast. ⛦⛦⛦⛦⛦

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Story!

Liked this story but it was a couple of pages too long.

A few observations : Marsha was a hypocrite,acting as though she was a righteous Catholic behaving like a vengeful,cruel bitch! What's this crap about welcoming a guy into her home with her children and allowing him and her nasty old father try to turn the children against their father.And her brother was Johnny-on-the spot to introduce the boyfriend to her, to boot. And these shitty people try to pretend that they're good Christians?! Have to wonder whether she was revenge-banging the guy too in her anger.

After the way she behaved and had her lawyer and arbiter gang up on him at the separation hearing,he should have seen her hatred and vengefulness and just gone for a divorce.(After firing his lousy lawyer,of course.) Certainly after the way he was being treated by her,and how the kids were being turned he should have come to the "divorce" conclusion.

The bottom line was that their love for each other ultimately allowed him to not give up and get back together. After all the shit she and her shitty father put him through I have to think that HE was the true Christian in that family,even citing examples of forgiveness from the Bible.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago
Time frame

Was to understand the time frame was it a couple months six months or what. How sure was it the banbynwas his. Was she sleeping with the guy? Was he living in the house? To many unanswered questions. At least for me.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous