All Comments on 'Meet Me in the Middle'

by chasten

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I’m in love with Randy!

PortnoyishPortnoyishalmost 6 years ago

You have an ear for dialog. I'll have to go check out the rest of your stuff [if there is any]. I died laughing at the scene at the pool. Thanks for posting.

SqueezeplaySqueezeplayalmost 6 years ago

Excellent, just excellent!

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 6 years ago
yeah

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 6 years ago
Great characters

No cardboard cutout villains. Real multidimensional nuanced personalities (except maybe the three dipshits who robbed the restaurant). This is your best submission yet in my humble opinion, although “An Answer” is very well done, and compelling in a wholly different way. Thanks. It was a pleasure to read. Stories of this caliber are few and far between on Literotica and beyond.

BBeinhartBBeinhartalmost 6 years ago
Absolutely

outstanding!

Redhawk45Redhawk45almost 6 years ago
Civilian outshoots the cops, gets the cop to surrender.

Most books and most stories don't get it right. The lady cop is concerned with appearances, yet isn't a prude. The guy is quiet and unassuming, yet shoots straight, with a Model 12 Winchester and the girl. The trap reload was accurate, 1 1/8 ounces of # 7 1/2 shot. Nice to see someone get the facts about relationships and firearms straight. Can't wait to read more stories like this from this author.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 6 years ago
Damned good

In the beginning I thought you had thrown in a nice bonus Loving Wife to chuck into jail. Instead you gave us a loving ex wife to be a goodie goodie. Aside from that downer it was an enjoyable yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More Romance in order

I loved this! I think you need to write in the Romance category. Forget LW, Romance with happily ever after might be your sweet spot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sorry I didn't like it

I can't see the Romance in the story, just seemed like a torture story with idiots as the players. What kind of jerk betrays his best friend??? IF you see something like this coming on you get the fuck out of dodge and NEVER allow it to happen. What kind of cunt wife was she to not tell mikey to move to another state??? After ellen and asshole married why did they stick around??? I suppose they enjoyed torturing Richard...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

As a female, I like that Miranda was as strong a character as Richard maybe even more so. I'm tired of the stories that are just the strong guy rescuing the damsel in distress. Thanks for this offering!

Last commenter, What story were you reading? No one was betrayed. Mike explicitly would NOT betray his best friend and Ellen DID tell Mike to stop it and go. It was only when Richard decided to call it a day that they got together and then they waited months. If you couldn't see the romance between Richard and Miranda then I guess you stopped reading after deciding that there was cheating going on. Too bad. You missed a good story.

boatbummboatbummabout 5 years ago
I'm So Glad...

...That you submitted a short-short for the 750 word project! It's unlikely that I'd have found this story otherwise. It's already in my favorites, and now I can go on to read some of your older tales.

Thanks again for your recent offerings after a long hiatus.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateabout 5 years ago
Well,

Yes Miranda is a strong female character, and good job with writing her beyond the cliches. I thought the story was very slow building and part of it was to prove the point that she was more in control than Richard. Most of the conflict came from her expressing those "strengths" such as her imaginary rant on "prostitution = bad" and "as a strong woman, I keep multiple dating partners". Women LEOs are under high stress and live in a high-testosterone environment and tend towards more aggressive "masculine" behaviors, including in expressing sexuality, so the long, drawn out wait to have sex was a bit strange to me. But of course there are always exceptions. So, these can be excluded as just minor gripes.

Ultimately, the realism for me was completely lost when she, as a twenty-something woman, says "I love Boz Scaggs".

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodynealmost 5 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Good story, happy ending, complex characters. 5*

mower9527mower9527almost 5 years ago
In my yoda voice...

A treasure you are!

TajfaTajfaalmost 5 years ago
Loved it

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fabulous

You took your time to build the characters and it paid off - I feel like I know them. And really like them. Bravo! Another please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo!

Fabulous characters! To all those who said something like "could have been shorter" I say "Nope!" If it had, we'd wouldn't have come to know Richard and Miranda the way we did and that's what places this story in the top percent of Literotica.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Wonderful

Great little story!

Horseman68Horseman68over 4 years ago
Total Enjoyment.

An absorbing story by a very talented writer. Bravos. Now looking for more from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A very good story. I liked the premise and the characters. I liked the way you had them together and the build up. This was a romance story as it should be (I think). Thanks for your time and imagination.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
A Hat Trick

My idea of a good story is one that has: good character development, good plot and good dialog. You've hit all three - a hat trick.

The bit with the trap shooting was a bit contrived, but what the hell - a little fantasy is good for the soul. Richard giving Ellen a divorce she didn't ask for or earn was also a bit over the moon, but again, when you're in Literotica you're in fantasy land and anything that makes sense is OK. 5* for a good tale and I won't even complain about the length.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another fine tale

I like the longer multi page stories. A chance for some twists and turns. Nice plot development, some intrigue, some uncertainty,.... I had my doubts, had some disappointment, some annoyances but still enjoyed it. After all it is the ability to draw out the emotions, the full range of emotions from the reader that makes for a good read. This was better than a good read. 5 Stars ⭐️ ⭐️🌟⭐️🌟

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Excellent story

A few twists and turns, some doubts, some baggage but the right chemistry came through. Another good story. Keep it up, lonely old romantics like need them.

Dan

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very good story

I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 only because of the Miranda character.

She was pretty cold hearted. Maybe female cops are like that,but I would

have stopped calling her after the third date.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago
Awesome

A heart warming story. Richard is a better man then me. After what Ellen & Mike did, don't think I could be friends with. Especially hiring her and hanging out with them. Some best friend !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Overcritical’s a hypocrite.

If he doesn’t like a story he complains about the fantasy in the story. If he likes it he says fantasy is good for the soul. You’re lucky he liked the story.

I liked it too. I just didn’t quite see how the two of them were attracted to each other. That piece was missing, imho.

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
the amount of emotional drama

became tedious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I really like your stories

I like your characters, they are easy to see as real people, with flaws, that make mistakes, that have baggage, as all of us do, but they try, they try to be good, as they see it, and they try to do the right thing, as they see it. They are interesting and good people. I also like that you tell good stories that have sexual elements to them. I find, as I grow older, that the hair color, or the build, or the breast size, or all the other physical elements that make up a person become more and more irrelevant, it is the person that I care about, and you write stories about people I would like to know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good, Interesting Story

I liked the story, and as interesting as it was, some of the comments are just as. I personally thought Richard was the‘problem’ character here. He was so moody and so needy. That got a bit tedious to me. The ex-wife and ex-best friend situation seemed very odd to me too. I would hope that if I were ever in that situation, she would be the ex-wife bitch from hell and the ex best friend would be persona non grata around me. And I would hope that I would be able to launch a scorched earth divorce action that would make D Day look like a minor skirmish. But it is “Romance”, so I guess that would be a story for “Loving Wives”.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank you for the story

Perfect in every way. The character development, the plot, the character conversation. Just a delightful piece.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 3 years ago
Too long? NOT!

I've read some of the older comments that the story may have been too long, but I agree with those that enjoy reading a good story that has more than a couple of pages so the characters and plot can be developed. Much better than the too short find her, fuck her and happy ending, maybe, stories that are so prevalent. Well done and very much enjoyed. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The story is well written, but Miranda seems very difficult to me. Her interest in Richard, at least through the first half of the story, seems only tepid. He keeps asking her for dates, and she keeps finding reasons to turn him down. She is also quick to find reasons to reject him altogether, and to miss-interpret his behavior and his character. He is the punching bag for the ex-wife, the "best friend", the two officers when they are interrogating him in official capacity, and finally Miranda, who continues to interrogate him when she is off duty. It is quite realistic that policewoman might become habitually suspicious and wary of men, and that a divorced man whose ex marries his best friend might also be gun shy and damaged. I just don't find the emotional tone of the story very appealing. I think he needs to stand up for himself more, she needs to show more interest and less antagonism if she actually want to connect with him.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 3 years ago

This was well written,

with interesting imperfect

and realistic characters.

I really enjoyed reading

this story.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 2 years ago

Great story, certainly not too long and an excellent ending.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Excellent story! Of course we've come to expect it. A thank you is in order and 5 BIG FAT TWINKLING STARS!

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

I really ejoyed this story, thank you!

Ginger630Ginger630over 1 year ago

Miranda is a bitch. She judged Richard before getting to know him and is very short and kind of mean to him. Why he’s still friends with Ellen and Mike baffles me. Yeah, they have a kid. Be cordial, not besties. He needs a better girlfriend and better friends.

TheseHiddenDesiresTheseHiddenDesiresover 1 year ago

This story just made me skip work for a couple of hours. Luckily I work remote and can just work later this evening. I couldn’t put it down! What a lovely romance. Thank you for sharing your characters with us all. I started yesterday with Coming Back Home and now this. Sigh! I’m officially a raving fan girl.

Your characters are so very well developed that it makes us feel all the things. Well done!

BoldVultureBoldVultureover 1 year ago

I liked this story because of the way the commitment negotiation played out. Nuanced. Having been married 50 yrs next August, I can only imagine what courtship is like between grown ups. But this seemed realistic. Mistakes. corrections. 2 people of good will who want to make it work.4

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Loved the stories, the characters and the drama. Thank

LivingWordsLivingWordsabout 1 year ago

Excellent story, great characters in believable situations- well done!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Five stars - and five boxes of Kleenex

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Can't think of anything to add, the other commenters have it right.

Great story, navigating the possible for a really nice guy who gave his wife the ultimate gift and then kind of lost his confidence as a result. Miranda was just the right woman for him.

gatorhermitgatorhermit7 months ago
Good Story

For a while, I was thinking that Miranda was just too much maintenance and a bit of a drama queen, but she turned out ok. Hopefully they’ll push out a few rug rats for even more fun! The skeet competition near the end was cool.

SultanEnochSultanEnoch3 months ago

Yes, Reading the story was worh the time.

The genre is not easy; but the challenge was met: "police woman finding the time to date and keeping up with the demands, the decoum of her work and the sensibilities of a woman". The style made the main protogonists intelligent.

cutedaddy69cutedaddy693 months ago

Genious speech. Bridesmaid that made out w/da bride, has a kid w/da groom and sleeps w/da best man?! You a comedian's script writer on da side?

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Only false step-and not a big one-was the conversation Randy and Richard have about Mr. Sunday and whether she slept with him. They are both experienced enough to know better than to discuss previous lovers this way.

FandeborisFandeboris8 days ago

I have read many a “slow burn” story on this site. And I must say this is one of the slowest I’ve read on any genre. I expected the whole thing to go belly up at any minute. Thankfully it didn’t and the two finally came together at the end. The unusual situation with Richard’s friends was heartwarming, everybody was watching his back! Thanks for the frustrating story!

Take care

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchasten@chasten
1615 Followers
19 Mar ’24: Well, I published a story in a category I didn't expect to visit. Except that, every once in a while, I have this idea of trying to write something in each one Literotica has. However, I write very slowly. And since I've only done stories in nine out of thirty-two ...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories