All Comments on 'Mentor'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

Cute twist, but for me it created a few plot questions- would Ally have been at Kelly’s wedding for instance? But still, I loved how the two of them worked together for their parents.

PwaymanPwaymanalmost 3 years ago

What a lovely, gentle story... so beleivable too. Thank you.

4certain4certainalmost 3 years ago

Pleasant and believable story. Thank you for writing it. I noticed a couple typos but they didn't impact my understanding.

Blueman5410Blueman5410almost 3 years ago

A really enjoyable and GREAT read. Loved the little plot twist at the end.....and like most everyone, I love a happy ending (pun intended!) LOL. Thanks again for posting this.....I wish I had your talent.

ravishmentravishmentalmost 3 years ago
Brilliant~

You have a way with words and crafted a luxurious and loving tale. Please keep em cumming~~!

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

It was okay, but shouldn't this have been in romance not mature? Nothing happened between Ally and WRG other than a drunken kiss.

I never really warmed to Lynn Marie, as you painted her as a real bitch when they first met. She was really cold and antagonistic towards a man that she knew had only ever tried to be supportive to her daughter. After Lynn assaulted him while he was asleep on the hotel sofa, she was basically irredeemable. Her pissing herself in his house like a little kid wasn't particularly endearing either.

corrytonmancorrytonmanalmost 3 years ago
Great story

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and look forward to reading more of your work.

Tanks4theMammariesTanks4theMammariesalmost 3 years ago

Ok, so it wasn't EXACTLY a "mature" story, although I suppose we could say, "hey, there WAS a mature guy... and he WAS 12 years older than his 'younger' lover". The fact that his two daughters (from different mothers) had found each other and worked together to contrive for their remaining parents' happiness brought tears to my eyes. Very well written. Longer than I would typically have gotten into for just the sex scenes, but delightful all the way through. Definitely some predictable scenes or plot lines, as well as some wonderfully unpredictable ones. Keep up the great work. Marked as favorite and following the author. :)

stewartbstewartbalmost 3 years ago

THIS WAS A GREAT STORY...I was led down 3 paths until I reached the ending. Well worth the read! You won't regret the time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Needs a follow up!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunalmost 3 years ago

Terrific story, so well told. A little on the erotic side, too! Loved the twist at the end. Five Stars!

redbaron172redbaron172almost 3 years ago

Now that is an AWESOME STORY!!! I would never have thought it would have taken that twist... Keep it going if you can. You kind of ended it but it would be a great novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story took quite an unexpected but refreshing turn at the end! Once again, you've done an amazing job with dialog and character development, making each character vivid to the reader. At first, I was wondering why Lynn Marie was still so controlling over Ally when her daughter was almost 30 and had become a successful author, but Lynn Marie's discussion with Bill, revealing her own sheltered existence for so long, made that understandable. Well done in writing a superb story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Best I've read here, ever. Write on!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Congrats on your Reader's Choice Nomination!

TrionyxTrionyxover 2 years ago

I was curious about the California coincidence and it turned out to be bigger than I expected. Well done.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

Very creative plot and an enjoyable read. 5* In fantasyland it's OK to find two people who have been widowed around the same time and have two daughters around the same age who get together to become strong friends. That's the nice thing about fiction - it can come out any way you want it and if the audience doesn't like it - that's tough. I do admit that Bill's virility is enviable, but again, anything goes in fantasyland.

JimDiamondJimDiamondabout 2 years ago

Great story!!! The fun thing was that from the time he first saw the mother at the Book signing I had a hunch about where it was going. I laughed about "Overcritical's" comment about Bill's virility... :-) I fondly look back on being 60, when I could and occasionally did have sex five or six times in a day without problems. Overcritical needs to read a little more and perhaps just find the right partner and give it a try. Like any good exercize regiment, start slow with about twice and work your way up. The best thing in the world is making fiction into reality. :-) That is what good fiction and story telling is all about. It allows the possibility, and then it is up to you to work on making it the story reality... :-)

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

A very nice story with a great ending with a surprise thrown in. I had begun to wonder about Bill and Lynn Marie and even wondered if the two girls ever met in college since they were only a year apart in age. I was surprised at the ending but not totally so. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The comments are favourable and well deserved!

The Hoary Cleric, a site guest

WillDevoWillDevoalmost 2 years ago

Wow. This was really a good read. I'm keeping it my queue to read again in coming months.

The portrayal of the two more-adult characters was wonderfully portrayed. Intimacy doesn't end at fifty. Some parts were tough to read (not because of poor writing, but the opposite) because they hit close to home in a few places, but they were resolved wonderfully.

Nice job! 5-stars, easy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Southern, awkwardly over the top bravo! Characters were excellent, believable, and endearing. The ending twist was well done. I doubt I've ever rated more than one other a 5, but this was deserving. Keep it up!

JoshFrom53JoshFrom53almost 2 years ago

This issuch awonderful story. I can recommend it to everyone. So, everyone read and put your vote in.

Josh

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful tale. Like all of your stories so far.

anubeloreanubelorealmost 2 years ago

Loved it. The reveal of the "conspiracy" at the end was so great that I wish I could add a sixth star.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Quite brilliant. I couldn't see how this was going to work out between Ally and Bill at all, then wondered why and what Lynn Marie was doing in his house? Then it clicked, well done. 5⛤

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

this is a great story! When Bill 1st encountered the "event coordinator" I suspected that they would get together. The fact that Linda Marie was Ally's mother made sense and added an unexpected dimension to the story. The surprise ending describing the two daughters' relationship and scheme was a tremendous surprise.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

A beautifully crafted story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, it flowed well and kept my interest.

RalphTheRedNinjaRalphTheRedNinjaover 1 year ago

LOL, those sneaky bints.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! Would love a follow-up chapter. So well written.

Thank you.

G

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601about 1 year ago

Yes, it was a well written and interesting story, but I must say I was a bit disappointed.

I occasionally come to the MATURE sight looking for, as it says, “May-December lust and love”. As an older gentleman, I wade through the tsunamis of MILF stories looking for the rare older gent/younger woman stories. What I avoid most is the “Two Old Fogies Hooking Up” sub genre because, well, been there, done that, designed the TShirt.

By all accounts this looked like a May/December romp until the rug was pulled from under my feet.

Yes, more realistic - and therefore far less fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The rating was high but far too few people have visited this GREAT story.

Essentially it is a Romance and I believe many more would have read it there.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories