All Comments on 'Mercury Retrograde'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
blackIceo1blackIceo1almost 6 years ago
Amazing machine love

Weird (like all good scifi?) but astonishing depth to the emotions of the "characters".

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 6 years ago
Amazing

Remarkable vision and depth. Superlative story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Incrediable

WOW!

-DK

MajorRewriteMajorRewritealmost 6 years ago
5 stars

Very ambitious.

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkalmost 6 years ago
Extraordinary

Very well done! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
outstanding

This is one of the best sci-fi stories I've read in years. Sharp, well characterised, with a wonderfully hard science feel to it.

Your tale is deserving of far wider publication.

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago

I have always loved how your mind works. This epic was another wonder and I enjoyed it., immensely. The relationship between Rue and the AI was nicely brought about and gave us a really good insight into who and what each of them were in their imperfections. As the ending approached I could see that it wouldn't end well but unlike me, you have never been one of the HEA crowd :)

Love your work, great job with one.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 6 years ago

Right up there with Clarke and Asimov

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 6 years ago
That is right up there with “The Moon is a Harsh Mistress “

Wonderful story. Thank you so much. I will have to use my imagination to see Rou brought back to life I suppose.

FadedIndianFadedIndianalmost 6 years ago
Dare

ya to do a follow up about 100, 200 years later in the timeline. A very good read, with good twists.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
That was 60K words well spent

I think it is a great story, in so many ways! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wow!

Couldn't stop reading it. Total Nerdvana! Hot, unattainable babe, with robotics skills! Mining a hellish planet, for the benefit of megalomaniacs only to be cheated out of their pay by the Company Store so to speak. Destruction of humanity. The ultimate unrequited love! Gotta recommend to anyone who can read! Xelliebabe was right! Freaking awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Never thought I would cry over a robot/human love story. Hope you have a sequel in mind.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 6 years ago
Great!

Fantastic read and very emotional. Wow.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago
A rollercoaster of a novel

There were so many twists and turns that I never saw coming, and so many sci-fi tropes blended so harmoniously. And that was before you actually went and did it. You destroyed the Earth. What so much sci-fi is obsessed with saving, you just shattered like an obstinate cat knocking a glass off the table. I'm still reeling. Amazing story, so well told, and worthy of wider publication.

But it so very much needs an editor, or at least a good proofread. I'm not one to let a few typos stand in the way of a good story, but there were just so many. I know the GPD event was on a deadline, and you probably didn't have time for a proper edit of such an ambitious work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wow

Damn, that was good.

dhh37363dhh37363almost 6 years ago
Oh, yes!

Excellent, just excellent. Thank you.

Henry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A suggestion

Fantastic story. Honestly one of the best I have read.

Ever.

However the innumerable typos were quite distracting and really brought down the story overall. I would suggest finding an editor or two to help you with your future projects and have them go over this one as well. I'd give this a 4.6. Fix the typos and it would be an easy 5. Keep up the good work I look forward to your (hopefully edited) future stories.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 5 years ago
W. O. W...

Barring the sex, definitely a movie for mainstream...

One I'd watch again and again...

AssignedNameAssignedNameover 5 years ago
Incredible

Awesome story. Would make a great movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn !

This is a great story. Others have commented - and I've thought similar things during reading segments - it reminds one of "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" ( or "Friday" ) or The Adolescence of P1 -- but while it's got elements reminiscent of those stories, it transcends them and becomes a great story on its own. Yes, it could use an edit for spelling tense, but the verbiage and story-line are excellent. The erotic content was "just right" -- this is an erotic site after all, and if you were to take this mainstream I doubt it would require any censoring, after all, with us humans -- and even the odd AI here and there, sex and love are all too intertwined.... Thank you so much for a great read !! !!

SmutolSmutolover 5 years ago
Thats it

The story lacks someting i was seeking here.

But it is emotional. Emotional is VERY good for me

5/5

caeruleacaeruleaabout 5 years ago

This is really outstanding. It takes a lot for me to get hooked into a sci-fi story, and you hooked me (I will say you almost lost me because the earlier part of the book--well past the beginning--was a life too shitty for me to actually want to read about it, and it went on and on. But obviously I did make it past that!). Will you e-publish this? Will you write a sequel? I think both are good ideas. If you do publish you must get decent copy editing though, there were times I couldn't figure out what you actually meant, and it detracted from some exciting or emotional moments. Thanks again for such a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I would give it six stars if i could

Other than the fact that Mercury is tidal locked in it's orbit, I thought it was a very, very good story. Yeah, a little editing could help, but fuck, man, an excellent tale. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Singular

While there are many skilled storytellers here, aided by excellent editors, few have accomplished what you have here with Roulette and Felix. This story has drawn me permanently into its gravity well. It does not matter how far I may wander, exploring other worlds I will come back again and again to this one: raw, burnt, and bleeding as it is, to experience real emotion evoked from mere words.

tomstonetomstoneabout 4 years ago
g

Mercury has almost the exact same surface gravity as Mars. Neat, right?

BoldVultureBoldVulturealmost 4 years ago
Riveting story.

Read in one sitting. Almost experienced it as a movie. Wish it could be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

What a story. One of the best I have ever read!!!

PartlyPartlyabout 3 years ago
Holy Heck

What is this doing here? Not that I’m not delighted to have read this. But this would have been very much at home in Analog or something like it. Thanks so much for sharing here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a story. While reading you can imagine what Rue and crew are feeling, the smells and the views. WOW

SorchakSorchakalmost 2 years ago

This could have been a good story, even a very good story, if it weren't so sloppily written. I will give you one example of the dozens of errors that stopped this from being good: "However, unlike a hermit crap, I can not now so easily shed this shell for another." This was the straw that broke the camel's back. I couldn't finish reading after that. "However, unlike a hermit CRAP,". This!! THIS is why proofreading is necessary! And yes, I do mean *dozens* of errors. Too many to go through here. 2 stars, only because I can't give 1.5.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

I’m a lifelong Sci-fi reader, the two things that define good SciFi from bad is 1, The Vision, the world/scenario created by the author, 2, The Characters, the very best books and films have vivid, colourful characters peopling it’s scenes and action that we can see in our minds eye and love (or hate), this story had both of those qualities in spades. Just fantastic!

Yes, having a beta reader would have fixed many of the horrible typos and mangled sentences, normally I’d slate a story for just that fault, but this one just gives and gives, and when you think it’s done, there’s more waiting, I can forgive a lot for a storyline and Heroine as you’ve portrayed them here. Many, many thanks for writing and posting here on Lit, cheers Ppfzz. 5⭐️

bob4300sbob4300s12 months ago

Fantastic job!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I feel sorry for you reading the bitchy comments about spelling and grammar. I see many cases where your spell checker has corrected to an improper word, but I feel sorry for those small minded enough to be unable to understand the context of what has written and as such harshly judge minor imperfections to miss an A grade story.

I would be very happy to proof read your future writing (I see you already work with editors, but someone who can give the final draft a pre-upload check), to help avoid these numbskulls hurting your mental health.

If only I was able to write a story as rich, compelling and heartfelt as this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous