Mia Mine Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Christine smiled as she saw the two men shake hands, and could sense a real beginning of something she hoped would be able to grow.

"Christine, why don't you go and take a look to see if Mia is awake, I don't want her to awaken alone. Jonathan and I can stay out here and get to know each other a bit better while you get some alone time with your beautiful daughter."

Christine blew David a kiss as she crept into the room. Once she was gone, David turned back to Jonathan and smiled. "Pulled her out of the gutter did you?"

"Yeah, it was weird, I had worked late and was not watching the road very well and this big Lincoln in front of me all of a sudden just slowed way down. I almost rear ended it, but noticed the passenger door open and something being thrown out. When I realized it was a person, I had to stop. I called 911 while I ran to see if I could do anything. I just covered her because I was afraid she could possibly have a neck injury, and held her hand and tried to talk to her."

"Well, you are a very kind person Jonathan, I know a lot of people would have just kept on driving. You should be very proud of yourself."

"I feel I was paid ten times over for helping, because I got to meet and be with Mindy."

"Did you know she was transgendered?"

"Not right away, but I found out when I overheard the medics talking."

"I hope you don't mind me prying Jonathon, but I am just interested. When I first set my eyes on Mia, I had no idea. She told me quite early, but by then, I had pretty much already fallen in love with her as a woman, so it really didn't faze me. It did sort of surprise me about myself and I was just wondering how it happened with you."

"I got sorta educated about the transgendered life by my older brother, who became my older sister while I was still in middle school. I had idolized him most of my life, and still did when he became the woman he always felt he was. I guess being that young and having so much love already, it all just came almost naturally to me. I lost her a couple years ago, and it hurt me so much. She told me of all the hatred and bigotry she had to deal with on almost a daily basis, and my heart really went out to her. I was the only one she could really talk to, so I learned a lot about how difficult it is for the transgendered, especially in the early part of their transition."

"Oh I know, Mia told me just a few of her horror stories, and my God I got so pissed off I wanted to deck someone, anyone."

Jonathan smiled, yes his first impression of this man was correct and he felt a real bond with him.

***

David smiled back, and was pleased to see his first impression of this fine young man was true as well.

***

"So I guess we are quite similar in that I too, fell for the woman I saw in Mindy right away, and my feelings for her seem to grow every time I see her now, and see how she is growing in so many wondrous ways. But I am very concerned because she has been a little stand offish lately and I don't really know what to make of it.

Christine told me it is quite common for young tg girls to go through some major emotional changes as their hormones and bodies go through the transition. I know Mindy had been using mostly street meds and I'm sure those were less than designed for her. Living at the Foundation and getting real meds prescribed by a doctor is really accelerating her transition, so I can certainly understand there would be some emotional changes that would be hard to deal with. Just getting her off the streets and into a place where everyone wants to help her rather than harm her is hard enough to get used to for her."

"I can believe that, some of the stories Mia has told me about her early transition were quite incredible. I hope things work out for you Jonathan, I can see you are a good man, and it would really do Mindy a world of good to have you at her side."

"Thanks David, that is very kind of you, I appreciate it very much. I have to admit to being a little down during this time where she wants to keep to herself. But I keep trying to tell myself she is going through a wonderful process right now, a very large growth potential, and if we are meant to be, we will be together."

"I like your style Jonathan, and I am sure Mia when she recovers would love to help you anyway we can."

While they gave Christine and Mia some precious mother daughter time, the men kept talking out in the waiting area. Jonathan was telling David of his new job beginning the week after next and how he was going to stay at a hotel for the week he had off so he could be closer to Mindy.

"So you are going back over tonight?" David asked.

"Yes, I am taking Christine back and then checking into the hotel. Mindy and I have a date to talk about things later this evening."

"Well, look, I am going to be staying here with Mia at the hospital for quite a few days to help her recover, why don't you stay at our house?"

"Oh, thank you, but I couldn't do that."

"You could and you will, if you don't agree to me, I'll sick Christine on you and you don't want to see her in her 'persuasive' mode." David laughed, "and if Mia found out I didn't offer you our guest room, man, she'd be after me with both barrels, so it really would be you doing me the favor!"

The two men got all the particulars down with the address, directions, keys, and some of the tricks of the house. David told Jonathan where the guest room was and told him he would have to go shopping for anything fresh for they had cleared out all the fruits and vegetables that could go bad before they left for the hospital.

Christine popped her head out of Mia's room to call them in. As they entered the room, Jonathan was taken aback at Mia's beauty. Even in her 'just out of surgery state' she was quite radiant. Jonathan told David he was a lucky man.

"I thank the universe every day for bringing this beautiful woman into my life," was David's response.

"Hey, you are going to make me blush you two, stop it!" cried Mia.

David could see that Christine had helped her with a little makeup, just a touch, and her rest and seeing her mom had brought a lot of her color and energy back, it was so good to see.

"Hon, Jonathan was saying he was going to be starting in a new position at his job in two weeks and was going to be staying over in town to be close to Mindy next week at a hotel.."

Before David could finish, Mia broke in "I wont have it, he can stay in the guest room at our house, it would be nice to have someone there looking after things while we are over here."

David and Jonathan simultaneously broke out into laughter.

"What the hell is so funny you two?"

"You didn't let me finish, I was going to tell you I had offered the same thing to Jonathan."

Christine jumped in with a warm hug and that wonderful smile, "Great Jonathan, we can go back over together tonight. The Foundation is really quite close to their house, so I can help you with settling in. Have you told Mindy you were coming over?"

"Yeah, we talked earlier, I was so excited to tell her about my new job, and that I had a week off and that I wanted to spend it over there, to be close to her. She told me she had some great news and wanted to meet for a "date" and have a talk."

"She'll be overjoyed to hear you'll be staying at Mia and David's house, she loves it."

David held Mia's hand as the two of them smiled as they listened to Jonathan and Christine making plans for the ferry trip. David loved seeing the excitement in Jonathan's face and hoped that all would go well with him and Mindy.

Jonathan had a ferry schedule in the back pocket of his jeans, and they settled on the one they were going to catch. He then texted Mindy with the news as he had promised. She texted right away and seemed absolutely thrilled, and asked if they could pick her up before going over to the house.

Jonathan checked this with Christine who thought that would be a wonderful idea, and he texted Mindy back with the time to expect them to be at the Foundation.

******

Mindy started getting herself ready as soon as she got Jonathan's text. She loved the excitement she felt at being able to see Jonathan again. She had been doing a lot of soul searching as she had begun to come to a manageable equilibrium with her body and emotions in her med regimen. She realized she really wanted Jonathan in her life. He was worth the risk of getting hurt again, and she wasn't going to let the old ghosts of all her previous problems with relationships get in the way of seeing where this one would go.

She put on her favorite black, tight skirt that showed off the new shape in her hips. She loved the feel of the fabric and how it accented her hips and ass. She chose her favorite lavender blouse to go with the skirt. The silky sheen of the lavender was wonderfully set off by the darkness of the skirt and the color went well with the makeup she chose. She let herself laugh a bit as she had to hold her hand while putting on her mascara. She was so excited and nervous her hand was shaking a bit.

She finished her preparation and was pleased with her little spin in the mirror in front of her. She grabbed her jacket and ran downstairs to await Jonathan and Christine. She couldn't wait to see Jonathan's reaction to seeing her in her outfit. She had learned so much about fashion and makeup while working at the little dress shop, and getting the employee discount really helped in building her new wardrobe. She could feel her heart pounding as she sat waiting impatiently.

Jonathan and Christine enjoyed each others company on the ferry ride. They talked with ease about what Mia would be going through in her recovery, what a great couple they made, and how much Jonathan enjoyed getting to meet both of them.

"They are quite a pair aren't they?" Christine asked with pride.

"They sure are, I find myself being both very happy for them, but also a little jealous of the depth of their love."

"I can see where you could feel that, but give yourself a chance. I have gotten to know Mindy pretty well in the time we've been together at the foundation, and I think you are going to be a bit surprised and happy in the changes she has gone through. She is a very hard working girl and has a lot to offer. She is just beginning to realize that about herself and gaining some needed confidence. It is a tough time in any young woman's life, but especially for a transgendered girls. I say girls because there is a major maturity problem with so many. In a way they are always 'little girls' inside because they were never allowed to mature as females, they never had a female childhood to experience and then grow and mature from the child to the woman."

Jonathan listened intently to what Christine had said. He thought it through and realized not only how caringly intelligent she was, but how there was so much truth in it. He had never really gotten that point but was really moved by how hard that must be to get over as a young transgendered girl strives to become the woman she dreams of being.

"I shared some of what I learned about those hardships from watching my sister's transformation with David. He is so understanding and is so easy to talk to. What was it like for you helping Mia through her transformation?"

Christine filled the rest of their trip telling Jonathan about how hard it was fighting off the feelings of helplessness while trying to help Mia. She told of all the information she had learned and all the help she had gotten so she could be more support for Mia, but there were certain things that no one could really help prepare another for. She couldn't say enough about how proud she was of how Mia had worked her way through so many battles and how she had made such a wonderful career. But she had always had a pang of sadness, feeling that Mia needed love in her life, as well as her career. She finished by remembering the sheer joy she had when Mia told her she had met someone, and how she knew it was something special.

Just as she finished, Jonathan had pulled up into the Foundation's driveway. He loved the smile he saw on Christine's face. But before he could even get his door open Mindy came bounding down the walkway to the driveway, her face alive with a huge smile. He loved that smile even more.

******

Mia and David settled in for a low key evening. David decided to order from the hospital kitchen so he could eat in the room and not have to leave Mia while he went down to the cafeteria. Mia picked a little at what they had given her, David devoured his long awaited meal.

"You must have been famished, you haven't eaten all day!"

"Yes, it was funny, I didn't notice how hungry I was until the food was in front of me. Sorta pigged out a little, hope it wasn't too ugly."

"I enjoyed watching you eat, and just enjoy your being here, next to me. You know, you were a large part of the reason I finally decided to have this done."

"I will take that as an honor my dear, if I had anything to do with you finally completely becoming the woman you always have been inside, I am proud to be a small part."

Mia just smiled and reached out for his hand, she slipped back into another little cat nap, while David held her hand.

Watching the tv while Mia slept, David noticed an advertisement for an exclusive interview between Diane Sawyer and Bruce Jenner. They were making quite a big deal about his agreeing to talk of his decision to finally start his transformation into womanhood. When Mia awoke he told her the premise of the show, and they both decided to watch it.

While it was on, they were both a bit quiet, almost riveted to what they were seeing. When it was finally over Mia started with, "Well, I suppose it is a good thing to have all this publicity and get out some actual knowledge about what it is like being transgendered. I do fear a bit that we will all be thrown into a large group that society can put in an orderly way and feel they know "transgendered" now. I hope there is some understanding that this is just one person's story, and it is so different from what most of us had to go through. It is just like everything else, we are individuals, with our own beings, thoughts, dreams, visions, and goals. We can't be lumped into a neat little package that society thinks they now understand."

"I agree honey, and although I could never be known as a Kanye West fan, I thought the quote Bruce used about his reaction was wonderful and fitting to your fears, 'He says to Kim, 'Look, I can be married to the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am. I can have the most beautiful daughter in the world, and I have that. But I'm nothing if I can't be me. If I can't be true to myself, it doesn't mean anything.'"

"You are so funny, yet it is so wonderful how you remembered that, and found it to be so important. Being true to one's self is definitely at the very core of positive existence. I love you so much David, you have helped me be true to myself from the very moment I met you, and I feel you have been true to yourself about me and our relationship also from the very beginning. I am so blessed to have you and your love."

David leaned over to give Mia a kiss to seal this beautiful moment. She gasped a bit as she felt his tears land on her cheeks as he kissed her. She could not remember a moment in her life that was filled with so much love, joy, and being as one with another human being. She knew she would treasure this moment forever.

******

The drive to Mia and David's house took only five minutes from the Foundation House. Christine had jumped out of the front seat so Mindy could sit next to Jonathan, and the three chatted merrily for that short drive. As Jonathan pulled into the driveway, he noticed his headlights had lit up a For Sale sign on the house next door, and thought to himself, 'hmmm, could be a sign'.

Christine and Mindy gave him the royal tour of the house, showed him the guest room first so he could dump his bags. They checked to make sure there were clean sheets on the bed and were satisfied at their finding.

They showed him the guest bathroom, got the fresh towels and wash cloth out of the hall closet and got him all set in there.

Then they took him through the Master Suite, and he was taken aback by the lovely view of the water, as it flowed quite quickly through the little inlet they lived by. He loved seeing the ripples of the water illuminated in the lights from the surrounding houses on the opposite shore.

"Must be a tide change by the speed of the water going through the inlet. This is just fantastic! I would love to have a room like this with such a wonderful view. There is something so peaceful about seeing the movement of water and the lights that flicker on the waves."

Mindy just smiled and put her arm around Jonathan's waist. She pulled herself as close to him as she could as they both stood there letting the wonderful view envelope them and take them to a beautiful and serene place.

Christine broke the moment though, "Alright you two, let's get back to the rest of the tour so Jonathan can take me back to the foundation and you two can be alone together, finally!"

Jonathan and Mindy didn't need any more than that to get them moving. The two ladies showed Jonathan where just about everything was and how everything worked.

"I think I have passed the crash course in house sitting, so Christine, if you're ready, we can head back to the Foundation."

They drove the short bit back to the Foundation and David and Mindy got out to walk Christine to the front door, when they all turned their heads towards the street as they heard the horrible sound of tires squealing. They saw a huge white Lincoln skid around the corner towards the house. Then the added sound of tires squealing again as the car skidded to a stop right in front of them. The back passenger door flew open and before any of them could even make a move, a body was thrown out. Then the sound of tires squealing again as the Lincoln thundered off at maximum speed.

All three of the astonished bystanders got their wits back at the same time and all went running to see what or who had been thrown out of the car. As they approached Jonathan heard Mindy scream "Vivian!! What have they done to you!!"

Jonathan had already gotten his cell phone out and was telling the 911 operator the story of what had just happened, complete with a description of the car and its license plate. He had remembered that he hadn't gotten it the night he found Mindy and swore he would never let that happen again. As he approached Vivian he told the operator they were going to need an aid car or ambulance for the young woman was badly beaten and unconscious. He did not, however, tell the operator about the cardboard sign that hung around her neck.

Mindy was beside herself, on her knees trying to hold her friend. Christine had run into the house to get some blankets and hot water and towels. They did their best to clean and cover the poor unconscious girl. Jonathan warned against trying to move her, for they didn't know what kind of neck, back, or interior injuries she might have had inflicted on her, and they shouldn't move her in fear of aggravating any such injury.

Finally the aid car came, soon followed by a police car. The medics jumped out of their rig and went right to work. They checked the vitals and did a thorough once over and decided it would be safe to move her onto their wheeled stretcher to get her over to the patient end of their truck. The slid her ever so gently into the space in the back, and then hopped up to get busy with even more thorough work.

They kept Mindy out of the truck, and Jonathan had to hold her trembling body close to him. Christine wrapped blankets around all of them as the policeman came to take their statements. Jonathan had talked Mindy into giving the policeman the cardboard sign that had been strung around her neck. The message was clear and frightening.