Midnight Ep. 015: RESidENT

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will be fine."

"One more button? For me?" Tilly did the honors of buttoning up the one Midnight had earlier dislodged. "This direction please."

"For now!" The elevator back on ground level they walked together across the street. Ambulance drivers switching shifts seeing Midnight enjoy her more than their morning coffee and Dunkin Donuts. It was going to be a good day, certainly better than the last.

********

Inside Cordoba General Hospital...

"I would have words with Irene Amador's Doctor." Mordecai Sage took it upon himself to corner a nurse stepping away from Irene's ICU chamber.

"Actually, Doctor Wolfe is right behind me. Give him a moment and he will meet with you and your family."

"Good news?" His heart was coming out from behind his everyday stern asshole persona. The only time outside of today that Mordecai expressed kindness and love was in Church. His church! Sometimes the Rez thought of him as God! Mainly because of their disjointed beliefs caught between Christianity and Native American tradition. It was always a touchy warfare.

"I should let the Doctor fill you in." However, she did smile and pat his hand. Even that made Mordecai change, she being African American was nearly as bad as the Whiteman in his eyes. Most definitely prejudiced. Matters worse? Doctor Dante Wolfe was equally as dark but charming. Mordecai cringed discovering his sister's appointed primary by selection was also black. Mordie was just going to have to get over it.

"I have this Alisha, thank you." Dante smiled at her to take her leave. Blushing, Alisha went off to document reports on Irene's condition for their files. "You are Mrs. Amador's family?"

"Her brother...Pastor Mordecai Sage."

"Ah! Prayers were answered Pastor. Your sister is strong. Let's convene with the rest of your family and talk about this." He offered a hand gesture of courtesy to lead the way back to the waiting area. As they reached it Tilly, and Midnight returned from outside. Doctor Wolfe noting Midnight's attire was taken by surprise. He was almost ready to object to her largely revealed flesh until Midnight pepped up and hurried to reach them. Not even Dante could ignore those bouncing breasts as much as he tried. Clearing his throat, Tilly stepped slightly in front of Midnight to obstruct his censorship. Mordecai simply snarled at his niece's exhibitionism. He blamed it on her genes coming from a waste of humanity like Esteban Amador. It was definitely not his sister's side of the gene pool.

"Is mother, okay?"

"You are Irene's daughter?" Dante swallowed dryly.

"Yes. Please...tell me." Thoughts on what he wanted to really tell her disturbed Dante. Opting for an act of professionalism he gallantly let she and Tilly join the rest of the group in the waiting room. Eyes found her ass cheeks faintly peeking up at him the good doctor boasted a beginner erection. Bad timing but impossible to not realize. He might have to ask Alisha to lunch.

"Alright! Irene is awake. I'll ask you to give her an hour before I allow visitors. The contusions she endured are in my opinion from a fist or a blunt object. She had a bit of internal bleeding due to them, but I believe she's out of harm's way. Let us monitor her awhile longer. Other than that, her burns are more minimal than originally thought and she has been bandaged up. Smoke inhalation gave us cause to worry over cardiac arrest, but Irene seems to be a fighter. Poor wording perhaps, please forgive me."

"Fists?" Mordecai snapped looking at Midnight with anger, "Your father did this."

"Mordie quiet down." Tilly defended her niece who looked upset at his bitter reaction to blame.

"This would never have happened if Irene had not met the Spaniard."

"Nor would we have this precious child..." Their mother Dorothy spoke up waving Midnight to hold her hand, Midnight quickly hurrying around Tilly and Sheldon her husband. "Do not belittle my granddaughter. For a man of God...you should learn to forgive."

Mordecai knew she was correct but old habits were hard to break. Doctor Wolfe in seeing Midnight kneel next to her grandmother, her cleavage spilling out with no buttons to prevent their escape was generously offered a pair of quite aroused nipples, even more the smock she wore was not long enough to mask her vagina in her knelt angle. Ignoring their freedom, it took her bestie Veronica to come to her rescue.

"Let's just put these away." V tucked them in, then knee nudged Midnight's legs closed. Mordecai witnessing this grew even more testy at what his niece was becoming.

"SHOW RESPECT TO YOUR FAMILY!" Everyone in the room jumped at Mordecai's outburst, his face blazing red with fury. While the room cringed, all eyes went toward Midnight for her own expression. Standing up for herself highly unusual she patted her grandmother's hand then rose to her feet. Peeling Veronica away from her Midnight stepped away and shuffled in front of her uncle.

"I will when you do." Was all she dared to say. It cut like a knife amidst the family and loyal friends. Mordecai prepared to slap her when another voice entered the playing field. Sheldon Cooper accompanied Midnight by moving to Mordecai's side.

"We've all had enough of your racist bullshit Mordie! You barely speak to Tilly, let alone Irene because of their marrying out of your so-called tribe. Those days are long gone Buddy Boy. You and I have said ten words to one another in the fifteen years Tilly and I've been married. It's high time we had a few more, I think. You call for respect...RESPECT US!"

Doctor Wolfe gave pause wondering if he should call security, instead he held his breath until the air cleared, Mordecai lowering his hand to his side. The sneers between Sheldon and Mordecai were tense to be sure. Tilly absolutely loved her man for standing up to her brother's bullshit.

"You... are right!" Mordecai sighed, "It is time we had words. You are a pathetic pig of a man. What my sister sees in you is beyond comprehension." Oh, it was on! Before Sheldon could double up his own fist Midnight struck her uncle Mordecai with a slap to his face that made even Doctor Wolfe flinch. Mordecai stunned by her unexpected display simply stared at her in disbelief. "Where has this fire come from?"

"I just know you're going to talk fire and brimstone." Sheldon growled, "She's had enough of your shit too Mordie, if you can't tell. Not only that, but we also shouldn't even be mentioning fire after what Irene endured."

"You...have changed." Mordecai winced at Midnight, totally ignoring Sheldon.

"For the better."

"Is it truly? You strike your elder? I should turn you over my knee." Doctor Wolfe wanted to intervene but rather hoped the troublemaker might actually follow up on that threat just to see Midnight's cute ass. Not in the cards however! Succumbing to reason Dante did chime in.

"That will be enough. Do I need to call security, and have you removed? For your sister I will refrain, but I demand you dial it back."

"As you say." Mordecai told the Doctor without so much as a glance his way, "Another time...Pig." The gaze instead seeking out Sheldon.

"Hey Doc? Is that nurse trying to get your attention?" Sheldon pointed at the glass wall. Turning away to acknowledge whom he presumed Alisha or Nadine from up front, Wolfe completely missed Sheldon punch Mordecai in the nose. Mordecai took the punch like a boxer and prepared to strike back in rapid fashion. Midnight jumping in the way found the men trying to fight around her. In her intervention quest Mordecai grabbed her by her smock and tried to throw her out of their way, by doing so her smock's only two buttons keeping her together burst free and her smock fluttered open. A full-frontal exposé made Mordecai even angrier. His nose bleeding all over his chin and inevitably his shirt Mordecai spat blood at her white smock and again directly into Sheldon's puffy cheeks.

"MORDECAI!" His Mother lifted from her wheelchair with intentions good and fell forward on the floor. Tilly and the waitress Naomi coming to her aid found Mordecai so enraged he lost sight of his mother's health. A bad heart as it was Dorothy Sage tried to prevent further fighting. With Sheldon distracted, Mordecai hit back punching Sheldon on the chin then wagging his hand from the pain of the punch on his jawbone. Sheldon dropped like a pompom at a losing game. Caprice Comstock leaping into action jumped into the fray and shoved Mordecai before he could slap Midnight. It was a free for all!

Doctor Wolfe had no choice but to open the door and call out for a security guard. One responding from the front lobby burst in and grabbed Mordecai in a bear hug to try and calm him down. The struggle carried out into the hallway a second guard arrived and forced Mordecai out of the building entirely. Enraged Mordecai paced the sidewalks to calm his blood pressure. This was not over!

Inside, Will Gullivant and his girl Veronica helped Sheldon up while Tilly, Naomi, and Caprice assisted Dorothy back into her wheelchair. Holding her chest Dorothy couldn't breathe so Doctor Wolfe had Alisha bring a BP cuff and stethoscope to monitor her. As Dorothy relaxed being pampered no one had even missed a certain Midnight Amador. Their backs turned she slipped away in all her glory and snuck in to see her mother.

Entering quietly Midnight saw Irene with her eyes closed, bandages along the back of her head and on her arms, shoulder and possibly more beneath her blanket. An oxygen tube in her mother's nose made Midnight weep. Shuffling to her side Midnight palmed her mother's hand for comfort.

"Did I hear Mordecai yelling again?"

"Mother?" Midnight jumped at her mother's mumble, "You are awake."

"I am now. Where are your clothes?"

"Please do not be cross with me."

"Just asking."

"Did Father do this to you?"

Irene closed her eyes once again to mask her thoughts. "We...fought! I do not remember much, I fell and lost consciousness. I am told that our home no longer exists."

"Your burns give that away?"

"Lay with me." Irene pats the mattress with weary fingers. Midnight smiled and carefully slid in next to her, worried her burns might cause pain should she touch them. "I will live. Snuggle with me." It was just like old times.

Doctor Wolfe, now that Dorothy seemed fine chose to check on his patient. Stepping into the room he was shocked to see Midnight in bed with her mother. Quietly standing there he didn't have the heart to break them up. Not only that but his wish had come true. Midnight's ass was perfect, her clam winking right at Dante in her sideways way of laying. His cock was having fits to the point he was worried he might need to check his own blood pressure. Gritting his teeth, he cleared his throat but found no response out of their moving reunion.

Sighing he looked over his shoulder to be certain no one was watching then closed the door. While the talk of respect was fluid amongst the Amador, Sage, Cooper clan, Dante did not want to bring it up. However, he had no choice but to disrespect the mother/daughter dynamic at the moment, his patient was not ready to be emotionally invested in what was going on around her.

Stepping to the foot of the bed Dante cleared his throat once again. Midnight spotting him lifted a bit only to have her mother drag her back to her side with weak response. Giving in Dante simply said, "I understand, believe me I do. But it is my job to make certain Irene has the best care available. She needs rest and to recover properly."

"My daughter stays." Irene mumbled. Sensing defeat Dante nodded.

"Please don't disturb her bandages." He then removed his own smock and took it upon himself to drape it over Midnight's stunning body. "I must insist you cover up." Accepting her fate Midnight thanked him and drifted into a nap alongside her mother. At the door Dante looked down at his crotch. By offering his smock he was exposed, his erection bulging out from his slacks. Thankfully he made it to his office without being seen, another smock available to rescue his humility.

Outside in the parking garage Mordecai Sage went back to his van to seek solace from his obvious defeat. Dabbing his bloody nose with a handkerchief it stopped trickling. With his seat reclined for comfort he tried speaking to God but found his hatred too compelling to sideline. He needed revenge! Stepping back out of his van he looked around discovering Sheldon's sports car parked near the 2nd. floor turn. Without expression he put his hands in his pockets and casually made the journey up the incline until right next to the car. Nodding at his inner demon's goading he pulled out a sizeable pocketknife and slit all four tires. Once hearing a symphony of deflating tires, he recalled the truck Nick Sanchez drove and searched for it. Finding it he repeated the puncturing procedure and grinned like the Devil himself.

In his lost demeanor of vengeful pride, he hadn't heard a car pull up behind him. Knife long put away he simply looked at the truck. A car door opening and closing he reacted to it with a poker face. Turning he spots Deputy Darcy Grainger sitting in her car while Nick Sanchez stood behind Mordecai eying the loss of his ride.

"Hope you know your collection plate is going to be looking a little empty for a few months."

"I did not do this. I heard hissing so I merely investigated it before I made a report."

"Uh huh! Only hissing here is a snake. I cut a head off a coral recently. I know a serpent when I see one."

"For saving my sister I will overlook your intolerance. We are destined to be enemies you and I."

"Sounds about right!"

"Tilly tells me you are meeting with Newton Waterfall to employ our people."

"Planned on driving to the Rez until you...slowed me down."

"As I said...I did not do this." Mordecai seemed convincing.

Joining them Darcy stepped to Mordecai's opposite side and sighed. "Looks like I'm giving you a ride to the Rez Nick."

"You should not set foot on our land."

"Mordecai? Don't make me put my freshly shined shoe up your landscape. You may have pull but you don't rule a nation. Nick there is trying to put food on your peoples table, clothes on their back."

"The way I see it Deputy... Pastor Sage here would rather they only wear war paint."

"Don't antagonize!" Darcy scowled at Nick.

"Stay away from my niece."

"Looks to me like you already have a good start painting yourself." Nick eyes blood on Mordecai's face. The testosterone was rising high, they face to face with one another's stern expressions each competing for ego.

"Perhaps I am. You would not like the war I could bring to you."

"Goes both ways. Bet my contacts are tougher than yours. Fight your own battles, so will I."

"That's enough. Stop throwing sweat at one another. Mordie go see your sister. We got a call from the hospital saying Irene's awake. Sheriff Roster will be here shortly to question Irene."

"It was the Spaniard!"

"Esteban is in custody sobering up. The facts will come out Mordie! Let us do our job." She informed with a strict attitude. "Nick? I'll drive you to the Rez and call a tow to get your truck."

"The Cooper's car needs tires too."

"What?" Darcy looked around, somehow in passing their car she had overlooked flats. "This place have cameras?"

"They do not." Mordecai knew from looking about before even breaking the law. He was a sneaky one. "Again...stay away from Midnight."

"What I do is my business. My door is open any time you want to discuss that in private."

"Ah! Yes...the Shoals." Mordecai was aware, "My son told me you purchased the place. A waste of money I would imagine. A place of ghosts and foreigners that disgrace God. Good luck out there." Mordecai turns away walking hands in his pockets arrogantly. A timid recollection of his own past, out there at Harbinger Shoals only added to his pressures. Topic for another day!

Nick folded his arms over his chest and watched the Pastor until out of sight. "You know he slit the tires."

"Prime suspect but no solid proof. He was just standing here when we showed up. Room for doubt... yeah... he did it. Can't arrest him without evidence though. You know Nick...Mordecai is not a good man, Pastor or not."

"Met worse!"

She worried studying Nick's expression. A chill running down her spine made Deputy Darcy conclude that he might be speaking about himself.

Just a vibe!

12