Mistaken Identity Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Instead, they'd made her feel small and insignificant.

'Like, a great look, yea?' the girls fished for compliments. 'You look just like that girl, Candy, on TV!' they told her.

She had no idea who they were referring to. Before she could think what to do, they ushered her out into the bright sunshine. She rapidly blinked her eyes, no longer used to wearing lenses.

'Hello girls. Helen said Janice was here. Have you seen her?' Bernard asked.

Janice cringed on hearing his voice. She tried so hard to live up to his expectations. Now he would be embarrassed from the way she looked. She always wore high heels, sophisticated clothes, and was careful with her makeup, so as not to look out of place as his wife. He was five years older, yet now she looked over ten years younger than him.

He wouldn't see the funny side, he would be furious.

'Here she is, sir. We gave your daughter a makeover. Do you like it?' Maria asked.

Bernard looked at the girl they presented with a look of disbelief. 'Janice?' he lamely asked.

'Sorry, UNCLE. I lost my clothes in the pool, UNCLE,' she said.

The deception, calling him uncle, was meant to get them both off the hook, until they could get back to the room. Feeling like an idiot could be endured if he was able to see the funny side, and not become angry with her. She silently pleaded that he kept his head, and played along.

'Oh, like, she's your niece. What do you think of the make-over?' the girls again looked for compliments.

'Yes, it's certainly different. Thank you, you've done a great job,' he murmured.

The two girls walked away happy to have helped, not knowing they had left Janice in trouble with her husband.

'What do you mean, you lost your clothes in the pool?' Bernard demanded.

'Let's just go back to the room. I'll explain then,' Janice groaned.

She wanted to shout at him to get a move on.

'Why on earth did you let those girls dress you up like this? You should stick up for yourself and do what YOU want. You're always letting people take the lead. This is what happens when you give in to other people,' he lectured.

Janice felt like pointing out that he wouldn't like it if she put her foot down, and would soon be in a mood if she didn't give in to him.

'So you found her?' Sandra interrupted.

'Yes, Janice, err, my niece,' he hesitantly introduced his wife.

'So it was your niece you were looking for,' the woman cheerily spoke. 'Those pink ribbons in her hair look so cute, and they match the dress perfectly. What an adorable girl,' the woman said, while squinting at her.

'I was looking for you, and Sandra pointed me in the direction of Helen, the entertainments girl,' he explained to Janice.

'Now you've found her, we can all go to lunch, I'm starving,' Sandra said, and linked her arm in Bernard's.

'I need to go to my room, to change,' Janice complained.

'You're uncle was worried about you. No wandering off again young lady,' Sandra admonished her. 'This is Roy and Emily, say hello to Janice,' Sandra said, not meaning to be condescending.

'Sorry about mom. She likes children, but can't cope with teenagers. It's annoying how she treats us like kids. Too vain to wear her glasses, so you're a bit fuzzy,' Emily laughed. 'We try and keep out of her way on vacation,' Emily warned.

'Where are you? Are, there you are. Be a good girl and stay close,' Sandra beamed.

Janice was about to slide away from them, only to remember she didn't have a room key. Wandering around dressed like a teenager was embarrassing. At least amongst a family group no one would notice her. The woman grabbed Janice's hand, and moved them all toward the restaurant.

'Sandra is right, you had better do as you are told, and keep close,' her husband said. He gave her a furtive shrug, and whispered a warning, 'I don't know what you're playing at, but you got yourself into this, so get yourself out of it. Just don't embarrass me.'

Janice was fuming. He could see she needed to change out of the terrible getup, and he certainly knew why. He knew full well how sensitive she was about her age and build. She kept glancing at him with a killing look, only he avoided it. The large busty woman propelled them along to a large circular table.

A waiter turned up with menus, giving them one each.

'This is a kids menu,' Janice said, pointing out his error.

'Your uncle isn't going to buy you a lunch you won't eat. I know what they're like Bernard. They see things, but won't eat it once put in front of them. Janice, will have the fish shapes,' Sandra told the waiter.

The woman's two children were laughing at her. What could she do without giving the game away, and showing up her husband. She buried her reddening face behind the menu. She was hungry, and figured after lunch the ghastly family could be left behind, and well forgotten.

Fish shapes duly arrived with fries and beans, and they didn't taste too bad. Roy nudged her elbow, spilling tomato sauce over the table cloth.

'Look what you're doing girl. Is she going through an awkward stage?' Sandra asked.

Bernard mumbled something in reply, but no-one was listening.

'Sorry, miss,' Janice murmured.

'Here, try this, it might help,' Sandra ordered.

Janice choked on a mouthful of fries. The woman lifted her chin, and tied a napkin around her neck. She felt as though she were wearing a bib. She was trying to tell Bernard to do something with urgent signals, only he just sat there like a useless lump.

'So where's your wife, at home, leaving you to cope with your niece?' Sandra prompted.

'No wife at the moment,' Bernard said, looking meaningfully at Janice.

'At the moment? Well I'm divorced, so look out Bernard,' she laughed.

Janice was astonished at the woman's audacity. The tasteless woman was flirting with Bernard, in front of her, his wife. Of course Sandra didn't know she was his wife, but it was still infuriating. She kept giving her husband mean looks, only it backfired. He began to flirt right back at the damn woman, in defiance. The fancy cocktails helped him along.

'Finish up your lunch, Janice, like a good girl. Then you can go and play with the other children,' he smirked.

He gave her a big smile in retaliation to her irritable looks. He was punishing her for getting into the mix-up, and was leaving her to stew in her own mess. The woman's flirting was so outrageously obvious, it seemed comical. He was enjoying it, even though the overbearing woman wasn't his type. Janice sat back to watch the amusing pantomime.

One consolation was that she got to choose a huge ice cream desert. Before she could tuck in, the damn woman grabbed her face.

'Here honey, let me wipe off the sauce,' she said.

Janice felt herself sliding back to a time when her mother did the exact same thing. She looked at the two kids who were smirking at her. They were eighteen, but she was an adult, being treated worse than them. If her husband wasn't going to help her out of this mess, she was going to make the most of it.

She tucked into the ice cream, trying to ignore the woman's incessant chatter.

'Perhaps you would like to escort me to the show tonight, it's supposed to be very good,' the woman said.

At this Janice couldn't help retaliating. She smeared ice cream around her mouth and poked her tongue out at her husband. The other two laughed, attracting the mother's attention, who caught her at it.

'That's enough of that sweetie. You should show your uncle respect. Look at the state of you!' she scolded.

This time the woman pulled her off the chair to wipe her face and dress, where ice cream had dripped.

'What the heck?' Sandra exclaimed.

The dress became caught as she was pulled from the chair. Her dress was up, revealing her nakedness.

'Did you know your niece is running around without knickers?' she asked Bernard, in a scathing tone.

The loudness of her voice was an added embarrassment. Guests would have heard the assertion a few tables away. She was pretty sure the woman's children saw her bare bottom. Others sitting close by had seen her front and back. Well, it wasn't the first time today all had been revealed. Here in a restaurant it was more humiliating, and the woman was broadcasting her shame.

'You must be mistaken,' Bernard whispered.

He wanted to ignore the unwelcome idea of his wife's bare ass being exposed.

'Look for yourself,' Sandra said.

Janice was stunned when the woman tugged the dress up around her hips. She stood in the middle of a busy restaurant, showing off her naughty bits. In a panic, she tried to pull away, only to entangle the dress around the woman's hand.

'Bernard! Stop this damn woman, she's making a spectacle of me,' she angrily hissed at her husband.

'That's no way to speak to your uncle, young lady,' Sandra admonished.

Nevertheless the impetuous woman realised what she had done, and pulled the dress into place. With head down, Janice stood in shame. Her husband sat looking stunned, which quickly turned to anger. He glared at his wife, not at Sandra.

'You're too old to run around naked. What happened to your panties?' Sandra demanded.

'Yes, why aren't you wearing panties, Janice?' Bernard asked, with an appalled look on his face.

She couldn't answer, and resorted to a convenient teenage sulkiness.

'Perhaps she wet them,' Sandra whispered.

Janice closed her eyes tight, and counted to ten.

'That seems likely. Did you pee in your panties, Janice?' Bernard asked.

Of course he knew she hadn't, but couldn't help digging at her, as a sort of retribution. There was a definite anger in his voice. She was losing the challenge she started, when making funny faces at him. This was going too far. He was pushing her into the mire. She felt like running to their room and packing for home.

She took a deep breath, and considered the options. He had the room key, and the flight wasn't for another six days. The only way was to brazen it out.

As soon as possible she would wash out the hair dye, put on a push up padded bra, an elegant dress, high heels, and sophisticated make-up. She knew how to dress to emphasis her adult status, even if her stature let her down.

It was no good, she couldn't stand any more of this farce. Her temper broke, before the tears had a chance to fall.

'Bernard, just give me the damn room key,' Janice crossly spoke.

'I warned you young lady. You're uncle isn't used to controlling wayward girls, so I will. Alright, Bernard?' Sandra asked.

Bernard had been amused at first, even enjoying her discomfort. Now he was furious to find she was running around without panties. What in hell had she been up to?

Letting anger get the better of him, he said, 'Yes, go ahead.'

He hadn't stopped to think what Sandra meant, otherwise he wouldn't have been so quick to agree.

Janice was standing next to the woman, so she had no time to react. She was over the woman's knee, feeling a stinging smack to her bare bottom. If she had run away, there was nowhere to go, though anywhere away from the stupid woman would be fine.

In a public place, and before her husband, she was being spanked!

'That's for being messy,' she said. 'This is for cheeking your uncle,' she emphasised, with two stinging slaps. Two more slaps, were accompanied by her saying, 'These are for not wearing panties.'

The woman stood her up, and straightened the dress.

'Now young lady, will you behave yourself?' Sandra demanded.

'Yes, ma'am, sorry, ma'am,' Janice meekly apologised.

There were tears in her eyes, partly from anger and frustration, also from feeling so pathetic. There was no way she was going to chance being spanked again. It was appalling to feel so crushed, and so small. It was no longer a silly ruse to save face. She capitulated to the big strong mother figure, showing it plainly in her voice and demeanour.

'Apologise to your uncle for being such a naughty girl,' the woman demanded.

'Sorry uncle, for being a naughty girl, and running around without panties,' she said, in a trembling whispery voice.

Bernard didn't know what to say. He watched his wife being spanked in public, with a plain look of astonishment plastered over his face. At least she hadn't screamed and kicked out, making a bigger spectacle of herself. Those sitting at the tables around them had noticed, but the rest of the restaurant had missed his wife's humiliation. How could he tell Sandra to leave his wife alone, after that. It looked as though Janice didn't want the truth revealed either.

Emily came back to the table and dangled a pair of panties in her face. It was a surprise, as she hadn't noticed her leaving. It was embarrassing to once more find herself being dressed. She was shoved all over the place, as the woman pulled the panties up her legs. They were too small, which was unusual.

The woman held up the dress showing off her panties to Bernard. Her son, and others at nearby tables were staring at her. The small panties had been heaved up to fit tight. She could feel a prominent camel-toe where they hugged her pussy. Anyone sitting behind her would have a fine view of her bottom, with the panties splitting her cheeks. Her breasts may be inadequate, but she was proud of her cute, heart shaped bottom, though not enough to show it off in a public place.

'She's a sweet young lady, isn't she Bernard,' Sandra commented.

'Yes, she's a sweet thing,' Bernard returned, sounding resigned.

Her husband no longer sounded angry with her, rather, he looked fed-up and disappointed with her. Again she merely stood there dumbfounded, feeling all the more like a naughty girl.

'Are you a mummy's girl, or a daddy's girl?' the woman asked.

Forced to play along for just a little longer, Janice gritted her teeth. At least the horrid woman had patted down the dress.

'A mummy's girl,' she answered.

'Oh! That's so cute,' Sandra smiled, and lifted Janice onto her lap.

Janice gaped at her husband, pleading with him to do something. He had punished her by playing along with the charade, and not taking her back to the room. He was bound to say it was her fault for starting it, but enough was enough.

'You see, Bernard. Sometimes you've got to punish them, to enforce limits. Look how well your niece behaves now,' Sandra stated.

The woman hugged her tight, pushing her face into a deep cleavage. Janice was appalled, but she wasn't going to risk another spanking, so tamely sat there.

Bernard stared at her, and shook his head in wonder. His wife's bare bottom had been spanked in front of everyone in the entire restaurant. Now she was sitting on the woman's lap, forced to accept a cuddle. The woman was flirting with her husband and forcing her into a subordinate role. It seemed the dragon had won.

'I think you should thank Sandra for the panties,' Bernard said, while staring her out.

While she was in such a vulnerable position, she had no option except to do as she was told.

'Yes, sir. Sorry for being a rude girl, ma'am. Thank you for the panties, ma'am,' she said, sounding contrite.

She should have been furious with both of them, especially with her husband, for letting the woman humiliate her so badly. The woman had spanked her to keep her quiet, so she could carry on flirting with Bernard. She wanted to laugh at the mixed up situation, only she might become hysterical. The woman would probably slap her, or even spank her again.

Janice sat quietly at the table waiting for them to finish their meal. She dare not move or say a word. She felt ridiculous. The pink outfit and make-up was bad enough. The bitch was trying to steal her husband right in front of her, and all she could do was tamely sit there. It was adding insult to injury.

'Uncle, can I go and play? Please, uncle,' she demurely asked.

'You sound like a nicely brought up young lady when you behave yourself. Now go and play with my children,' she told Janice. 'Look after Janice you two, I don't want her wandering off and getting lost, like she did before,' Sandra added.

Escaping the woman was a relief.

Emily took hold of a hand, leading her away from the awful situation. As they left the restaurant, Janice felt afraid. She was losing the protection of her husband, her only link to adulthood. Not that he had been of the slightest help at all. She looked up at the girl holding her hand, feeling small and awkward, as though she really was an adolescent.

'I told you to watch out for mom. She goes over the top sometimes. Without her glasses she couldn't see you're the same age as us. We'll stick together and keep out of her way,' Emily promised.

'Thanks, that sounds like a good idea,' Janice agreed.

She was in a deep funk, trying to come to terms with what happened. It was her worst nightmare, being treated like a teenager. Being spanked in public was the most horrible moment of her life. It would haunt her dreams for some time to come.

'You're about our age aren't you? Over eighteen,' Emily guessed.

'Yes,' she replied.

'She won't wear her glasses, so she took you for being much younger,' Emily said, trying to console her.

'Thanks. How old do I look?' she asked.

'Don't worry, we can see your eighteen, like us. Roy and I are twins,' Emily said.

Janice relaxed with the girl. After all, she was trying to be nice, and making a good attempt at helping her feel better.

'I need to get changed. Damn! I didn't get a key to our room,' she cursed.

'You look alright. Pretty, and cute,' she laughed.

Janice managed to laugh along with her. 'It's really not my style. I guess I'm stuck with it until I can get into my room,' she explained.

'How did you lose your panties?' Emily asked.

'That would be telling,' she ribbed the girl. 'These panties wouldn't fit you, they're too small. Where did you get them?' she asked.

'From the lost property bin,' Emily laughed. 'Sorry!'

'Yuck! This dress came from there. At least they're clean,' she said.

'You're not a girl, you're a woman, aren't you,' Emily said.

'How do you know?' she prevaricated.

'There's something about you. Despite what happened you have confidence,' Emily thought out loud.

'I'm not feeling confident inside. I feel weak and pathetic, for letting all that happen,' she admitted.

'Stick with us, and we'll have some fun. Here we are,' Emily announced.

It didn't look much. They walked into a darkened room, with teenagers milling about. A group of guys looked them over.

'Look after her while I get a drink ,' Emily told her brother.

He didn't look as though he could look after himself, let alone anyone else.

'Here, try this,' Emily said.

Janice smelt the familiar odour of alcohol in the orange juice. She needed it right then, to wash away the bad taste of lunchtime. She downed the vodka and held out the plastic cup for another.

'Here, take mine,' Roy said.

It was the first words she heard him utter since they met. She looked him over, seeing a nice young man. He was well built, with a deep tone to his voice. He gave her the once over in return, but didn't seem impressed.

A group of guys walked over, with a swagger suggesting they owned the place.

'Hi you two, haven't seen you in here before,' one of them said to Janice.

The vodka hit her brain, numbing the chance of a snappy reply. A put down was forming in her mind, but refused to reach her mouth. What kind of vodka was in that juice?

'She's with Roy. I'm not with anyone,' Emily brazenly told them.

The older one of them, obviously the leader, pointed to the others, and they drifted away. One of them stayed to chat with Emily. She flashed her eyes at him, determined to try out her flirting techniques.

'That leaves you and me,' the leader of the gang said.

It sounded more like a threat than a welcome.