All Comments on 'Miz Sarah Enlists a New Assistant'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Alarmingly Charming !

Sigh. These Miss. Sarah stories are getting old hat to me but it's clear this is part & parcel of this author's versatility . It's all a Matlock & Murder She Wrote mishmash- 2 shows I never especially cared for but the viewing public loved & supported.

The story has undeniable charm as do it's characters & if one can get past the fact the outcomes are badly transparent as John Travolta's assortment of toupees , well your home free. I much prefer the author's last story but realize the ratings are not going to agree with my evaluation .

Miss Sarah is a winner both in the legal cases she undertakes & at Literotica ballot box.What can one do then but smile & shrug thank the author for limited but undeniable pleasure derived from this story ?

So I do indeed thank the author & would like to add it's a outrage to me his " I May Be Dumb" work isn't in the LW top ten or even top fifty vote garnering short stories.

Apparently the BTB crowd would not mollified by anything less then Julia's entrails eaten by dogs like the biblical Jezebel .

TXanyTXanyover 12 years ago
I too like Miz Sarah

Need to get the Varsity in there...and I don't know if Manuel's bar is still there, but that is where all us GT guys used to go to meet up with those Agnes Scott women. (I mean, since you are so intent on adding color), lets get the real story out about how the Scott girls can out drink the GT guys! And yes, guys did get chained to the post in the center of the Agnes Scott courtyard as a fraternity prank, with the chain running through their blue jeans leaving one with a choice of waiting until the campus cops arrive or leaving your pants behind and streaking across the women's campus.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Great Read!!!!

I love your stories. Thanks for sharing.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
this si why your one of my fav's

great story

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlover 12 years ago
The problem with your stories

is that they all eventually end! If only they could go on forever. Five stars

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Excellent Read

There was even a reverse cowboy in it for those that insist the story has to have erotica!

Miz Sara did not seem to be as sharp in this one,,,

She did not take the general down at the first contact. That story of being overly generous suggested that there would be a divorce on the program a couple of monthes down the road.

I liked the characterization of Marcy and her evolution within the story....

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
F.M. HAS ANOTHER HIT WITH THIS TALE

EVERY ONE OF F.M.s STORIES HAS BELIEVABLE CHARACTERS AND THOSE CAN BE BROUGHT BACK AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE IN DIFFERENT SCENARIOS. SOME OF THESE COULD BE A SPIN OFF AND GO ON TO STAND ALONE STORIES AND CHARACTERS. TK U MLJ LV NV

BelgiumBelgiumover 12 years ago
Excellent

I truly enjoy these legal serial episodes with Mizz Sarah as the main character. My one rgeret is that you change her assistants too often... I think she needs a fixed wingman or woman. Perhaps you could also flesh out the main character a bit more: give us a glimp of who she is outside if her law practice (husband, children, hobbies...). But please continue the good work!

DawnzoDawnzoover 12 years ago
I love Miz Sara!!!

Great story! Marcy is super cool, a great addition.

rcrmontercrmonteover 12 years ago
Miz Sarah is Really Cool!

And that comment is from a senior citizen! I have enjoyed every Miz Sarah story. The plot develops well and there is a kind of surprise ending. Keep writing Miz Sarah stories. They're GRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenover 12 years ago
like always

damn I love your stuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very good thanks.

Thank you for your story. It's the first that I have read from you I believe. Very well written and I will look out (& up) more from you.

Regards

Kevin.

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 12 years ago
Another Good One!

Have you considered selling these to the TV networK? They'd be a Great Show! Keep them Coming!

Rob Conners

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
This is

redundant.....but.....Francis Macomber is one excellent a writer!!!!! Loved this tale---BUT, have loved each of Macomber's stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Marcy knew from the get-go:

That guy didn't even know how to salute! Another fine story, Francis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Miz Sarah!

Love! ♥

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good story

Good story but really a general and nobody knew, more of a fantasy i believe but i don't want to say anything bad because i would get attack for my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Misfiled

I don't know why these stories keep being put in Loving Wives rather than non-erotic. Of course, I've always been confused as to why a site named Literotica has a non-erotic category, but that's another issue.

energystarenergystarover 12 years ago
What Rob Conner said

Exactly! I always felt these stories have a 1980's TV show feel to them. Nothing deep, but a nice tasty cookie that keeps you happy until the next one.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 12 years ago
One minor quibble...

...as a matter of law, women are not permitted to be assigned to front-line combat units in the US military. So Marcy could not have been an infantry soldier in Afghanistan or anywhere else. However, she COULD have been attached to an infantry company because they expected that a female soldier might be needed to search and interrogate women and children. And despite all the rules to the contrary women are these days so integrated into the Army that since 2001, two women have been awarded the Silver Star, (our 3rd-highest award for valor,) for conspicuous gallantry in direct combat.

TXany - Manuel's is still there. I ate there the last time I was in Atlanta.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Another good one

Maybe not up to the rest of Miz Sarah stories but an enjoyable read. And I don't care how they are labeled as long as I can find them and read them. Another 5 from me. Thanks. Jim

rjordanrjordanover 12 years ago
Another great story

A day that ends with a Miz Sarah story waiting for me is a great day. Thanks for another fun read. Another poster mentioned hanging onto the assistants a little longer. Marcy looks like a keeper to me.

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 12 years ago
At ease

Another fine story and it's a Miz Sarah story too! Kudos for using "affiant" in a story - I believe it may be a first at Lit (I'm willing to sign an affidavit to that fact.)

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
I disagree...

with anyone that thinks the Miz Sarah series is getting old. What we get with Miz Sarah is a known character that we can identify with in different situations.

You don't have to be a genius to know the formula works. Just look at any successful movie or television series. People want some familiarity with new twists.

As far as I can tell Miz Sarah is the most recognized character on the site. Certainly in the L.W. category. And you are doing an amazing job with the character. But you give us enough other stories that I don't see her getting old too soon.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
miz sara is a good series

not getting 'old' anymore than Columbo, Miss Marple, Monk or any other slightly eccentric character got 'old' in their prime

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
Miz Sarah series is a terrific venue !

This series is the best I have read in a long time. It can continue for ever and ever as this is wholesome reading and is sorely needed today. Please continue the series as Miz Sarah would surely be missed by many readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fun story but ...

If you are going to write legal mysteries you should consult with an attorney. The affidavit would be worthless, one person's word against another won't cut it in law, especially with such flimsy evidence, she couldn't id the male - really!

Second, Miz should have immediately began questioning how the General got the affidavit, that link was critical. Lastly, why didn't she do a cursory investigation of the General - we do.

Also, (from earlier stories), restraining orders and even initial visitation are handled with TRO hearing, usually within a few days after filing. The idea that a spouse can hold the children hostage to gain a favorable settlement won't fly if you have a good attorney (and are clean).

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent story

5*, but a small technical comment. Currently, The US ARMY and the Marine Corps do not allow women in the combat arms branches (infantry, armor, and artillery). The basic premise of the story is still very believable, as both services require all soldiers, male and female, to acquire a basic (hence the name) profficiency in light arms, and unarmed combat. There are many fine female troopers in the Army, and in our Central Asian misadventures, while there are known enemy strongholds, there are no "rear areas". Combat support and logistics units have and do take hostile fire regularly. In addition, to avoid inflaming Muslim sensibilities, it is necessary to have females "embedded" in combat units to search females (see the documentary "Lionesses" for their mostly untold story). Of the 6000+ American dead soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines, 135 of them have been female. These brave American women are every bit as much heroes as their male conterparts and deserve recognition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Enjoyed another one!

Miz Sarah is always there for us with an entertaining adventure.

NKenNKenover 12 years ago
Sorry, but i lost the plot

Here in England the line "I like to see a young woman with some spunk." obviously means something a tad different in the USA. Spunk is another name used for sperm!

It was still an excellent story but once i had that wonderful image in my mind, it was a little hard to shake. lol

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Finer details aside -

The series is a lot of fun and getting to be more fun - and more humorous in sections nice work -

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Miz Sarah rocks

I really enjoy the Miz Sarah stories, details aside. Please continue.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

This continues to be a favorite series of mine. Unfortunately, I am quickly running out of stories to read from you. I will have to space them out and savor them for as long as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Military Inconsistencies

Others have already noted that there's no women in the infantry. But we're introduced to the general as being retired. But then he 's wearing his uniform just 'walking around?' No. Marcy would have caught that a mile away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

This sweet little old lady lawyer reminds me a bit of Columbo, in that they both appeared unassuming outwardly, but always came out on top of their case.

Although other readers have mentioned one or the other small inconsistency, I'd like to mention another. When a renowned law firm opens a new office in a different city or state and when they try to appear with a big bang, you can believe that they'd never be so careless as Mason, Towson and Donovan have been in this story. Before they start a publicity campaign for their first high profile client, you can be sure that they would first go over their client's life with a microscope. If even a single hair was out of place during that background-check, they would never keep him as a client.

In the end, this was a neat little story, but it's just as realistic as the aforementioned detective show from the 70's and 90's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome story, 5 stars!

The Mizz Sarah stories are so cool. You're a genius with her, Francis!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Cora

Ii would be nice if Marilyn could help out Cora in some way.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars.

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 8 years ago
Great story

Very well written //FrancisMacomber ,5 *****

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Great story, my favorite so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great one.

Enjoyed it start to finish, The best Miz Sarah story so far.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"it was General Marshall who proposed the agreement in the first place." - A sly plan; propose it for himself, knowing that she would reciprocate. Maybe he plans to set her up to cheat, maybe it's just an insurance policy.

/

I know he was angry, but did the "General" think that adding assault charges would be a good thing?

/

I was also expecting Marilyn to give Cora a nice reward. Heh, just saw that I've already said that, but it's still true!

fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 years ago

Nice little story and I like the characters but the pot of retired Generals is fairly small, small enough that coming into town and joining the social elite in a city would surely arouse the curiosity of the nosier types and the local news reporters - perhaps a Major could flim-flam and con people but a General?

Udder than that little gripe - I think this tale is a fiver ........

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story

ArdieffArdieffalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoy your Miz Sarah tales ;-)

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Good story. Well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am confused. Why would the New York firm take on a "general" without doing a background check? There are only 200 or so generals of all ranks in the US army. Maybe double that number retired but many would be quite old, and ao much less that are recently retired. Brigadier General is one star but still, how many recently retired one star US Army generals are lying around? If they instead relied only on newspapers then why did none of them check? A con man who is pretending to be a US General for some time apparently, is either dumb or is very brazen. On a separate note, would you really trust the slimy husband who hid his money on the first financial statement? Would think that would get some forensic accountant or equivalent to investigate his tax returns and audit his financials. He could be lying the second time also. Less likely but possible.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

You keep hitting ‘‘em out of the park!

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters12 months ago

Love these tales, having them in chronological order would help a little with my ocd.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice to know discipline, honor and loyalty are valuable cards besides intelligence and due diligence. Would like to see a tv series of mz. Sarah.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Epilogue. Marci convinced Marilyn to hire Cora as her personal maid and all around girl Friday. Living in the mansion was much better than Cora’s tiny apartment. Cora de eloped into a wonderful cook and ended up marrying Marla’s drier. The two of them took great care of Marilyn all thought her golden years. Among other tings, Marilyn left the mansion to Cora and her growing family.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hate picking nits but curious. Author says: "and you can find almost any medal you like at a pawn shop." Really?

Is The Stolen Valor Act of 2005 still in force in the USA? If so wouldn't it preclude this?

nyc1975nyc19754 months ago

To anon's point, about the only medal or decoration you cannot buy is the Medal of Honor. The relatively toothless Stolen Valor Act outlaws wearing or claiming to have received such an award.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

In United States v. Alvarez (2012), the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the Stolen Valor Act of 2005 was an unconstitutional abridgment of the freedom of speech under the First Amendment–striking down the law in a 6 to 3 decision.

DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

Rich and poor, we are all the same,

We all help in life particularly when someone else is to I blame!!

Richard1940Richard19402 months ago

Another great story. Thank you.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg20 days ago

Nice set up. No military officer worth his/her salt would f up a salute. Except doctors and nurses. They can’t salute worth crap. At least, that’s been my experience 🫡 The rest of the story was average.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous