All Comments on 'Mom'

by R410a

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago

First of all, Thank you for your service! Great story, enjoyed this very much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story! 5 stars. As a 63 yr old man with 25 yrs. Naval service and multiple combat tours, I commend you on addressing combat related PTSD. Sorry someone else took offense to it. It needs to be addressed. It's real and it impacts each vet differently. Some handle it better than others. Not all of us are broken but we all have been impacted by it. My father saw combat in Korea as a 18 yr old Army Ranger and it impacted him every day of his life even when dying from dementia. I've learned to compartmentalize it and have hired young vets and have tried to help them thru it as well. I remember holding one young man, an Iraq combat vet that I had hired, who was sobbing and saying to me "he just wanted to be like he was before Iraq". He was the same age as my youngest son. I explained to him that young man is gone and never to be seen again. You can't un-see what has been seen. You can't undo what you have done. You have to set it aside and move forward in life. This is what you demonstrated in your story. John was able to find happiness and to look forward to the future. Great job dealing with a sensitive topic! CDR, USN (RET)

jsmangisjsmangisabout 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this story and a looking forward to more chapters. As I am a bit older than you, I have any friends from the Vietnam era who suffer with PTSD and understand the hell that you all endure because of your service to our nation.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Good story and , as a veteran, I thought you handled the PTSD part pretty hell. I liked the development of the relationship but I thought Ellen was presented as a little more aggressive than you led us to expect given the overall "setting" of the story. I would also would have preferred a little narrative of them discussing what he was giving up by being with his mom, although I get it. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good story. I love the compassion, and respect showed by both characters. It makes for a much more readable story when its not just juvenile lust or late middle age insecurity. Love, like race or skin color can have many shades. What's important is that respect and compassion are the basis of a truly loving relationship.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyabout 3 years ago

That was a quick and jarring end to the chapter. Abrupt. I'm confused as to why you chose to end it so quickly, when the lead up and consummation took 3 of the 5 pages. Their 9 year relationship deserved a little more detail, I think. Of course, her passing is sad, and in the nature of good fiction, I read myself into the story, and felt the feels. There are other bits and bobs with your writing technique that needs tightening, but that is something that comes al

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyabout 3 years ago

Continuing my comment that posted before I was done...your technique...as you write more, it'll improve. It's fiddly bits like commas and run-on sentences. Grammar mistakes that'll drive the grammar police bat crap crazy. The story was good, delving into PTSD was brave and heart-rending. I gave your story 5 stars, and I'm looking forward to the tale of the librarian.

As a father of a Marine Lance Corporal, who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, coming home with issues I never had to face, I thank you for your service and sacrifice, I welcome you home, and I hope you never have to face what you went through ever again.

Keep writing! I'm a fan. 😁

sp9983sp9983about 3 years ago

I like how the description of the characters were realistic. A great story.

linnearlinnearabout 3 years ago
Truly Wonderful

As always you portray the characters as normal every day folks, which is a great thing in my opinion. Even though I knew it was coming it still brought a tear when Ellen passed. I look forward to the next part. I can't believe some ass would bitch about the use of PTSD, as you say it isn't something that should be hidden.

NesticNesticabout 3 years ago

Very good story. I like your sensitivity and choice of words. Great storyline. I am looking forward for more chapters to come. Maybe with his sister ...?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really nice. Very human. I'm sure Ann Rice wd like the story. Thanks.

I hope you keep writing stories, both erotic and otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Love it more please

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

I thought this was going to be a one off but sure looking forward to an R410a series. Great story as usual! I tune in here for the stories not to grade a Comp 101 English paper and when one of my favorite authors serves up something new for my pleasure I know it's going to be a good day!

Thanks for sharing a bit of bio with us.

Cheers

SAGE

Navy ATN-2 (Vietnam)

NegamerguyNegamerguyabout 3 years ago

Waiting with anticipation for the next chapter. 5 stars and a fav!

StrattonChambersStrattonChambersabout 3 years ago

Sweet story. I enjoy younger man-older woman stories (have written a few), and mom-son stories if they’re not too silly, which this one wasn’t. I have always found older women attractive, although never my mom, and I’m now of an age where older women are my contemporaries. I’m much more satisfied this way than by being an old guy lusting after young girls. Keep up the writing, I enjoy your stories.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 3 years ago

You killed her off!!!! Seemed like you just got tired of this story and ended it...

HM2, Vietnam

Davester37Davester37about 3 years ago

Thanks for another great story. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the series. By way of constructive criticism, it does annoy me sometimes that you write such long run-on sentences, but I recognize that it is your style. Once in a while I have to re-read one of your sentence/paragraphs, but it’s always worth it in the end!

As far as your treatment of PTSD, first of all thank you for your service and for the sacrifices that you’ve made. I appreciate it. Although I’m not a military man, I’ve spent a career as a firefighter/paramedic, and I have my own “issues.” I know better than to judge the traumas and demons that others face. Those of us that face these demons need to deal with them in our own way, in our own time. I chose to seek some outside support, and I’m glad that I did. Fortunately, good supports are available for those in my profession in this area. That isn’t the case for everyone. You have my support however you choose to bring that into your writing.

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

Great story, great romance.

4/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous