Moving On: Alexia Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lexi smiled, "Sure." She left and went home.

Bo lay on his room when he had another visitor. Kwame stopped by. "Mr. Thompson, I wanted to see how you felt today?"

Bo looked at him. "I'm alive. I'm weak as a damn baby, and I'm still am kicking your ass when I get out of here."

Kwame smiled. "Sir, I promise to take that ass kicking. " Kwame became serious. "Sir, I want you to know that Alexia and Keon mean the world to me. I plan on spending my life making her happy."

"Son, that's commendable. Listen, I wish I knew this, but you can't live your life for just Alexia and your son." Bo stated. Kwame started to protest. Bo stopped him. "I'm not saying you can't love them. It's obvious that you do, or you wouldn't be coming by to see me and make amends every damn day. You're an honorable man, and I can respect that, but make sure this is what you want. I'm saying, carve out something for yourself. You don't want to wake up one day angry, and full of resentment."

Kwame sat. He understood. He knew more than many gave him credit for. "Is this about Ms. Lexi?"

Bo refused to answer. Kwame continued. "She is an incredible woman. If only I had her strength. She never left your side, and never gave up. Even when the doctors ordered her to go, she stayed right here. She fought to stay sane; she fought the fog. Now she can be free and be the wife you need."

Bo looked at him. "What do you know about that?"

Kwame smiled, "My pack, Jackson, taught me to listen. You can't lead until you learn to listen. Mr. Bo, I love you because you are my family now, but Ms. Lexi doesn't deserve to be made to feel guilty for doing what she had to do. You're hurting her." Kwame stood. "I have to go. I'll stop by tomorrow."

Bo lay there. Lexi was gone. It had been a few hours now. She was never gone for more than an hour. He looked at the clock. It was a little after two. He napped. When he woke, she was not there. The clock was now after eight. He was alone.

A nurse came and he asked if Lexi had been by. She smiled and said not since she started her shift a few hours ago. This was not like Lexi. Bo could not sleep. Lexi left earlier and had not come back. Sure he'd said some harsh things but for her to just leave and not even come back was not right. Soon someone knocked, Bo sat up. Alexia came in holding her little boy. "Hi daddy, his doctor said I could bring him to meet you. Meet your grandson; this is Keon."

Bo smiled and reached for the babe. Alexia placed him in his arms. Keon grasped his finger and he had a strong grip. He had the darkest hair and the brightest eyes. He looked like Alexia and Kwame.

"Alexia, he's perfect." Bo croaked. He could not hold his tears. "Lexi will love spoiling him."

"You're right, Momma already has. When she comes to the nursery he looks for her voice." Alexia boasted.

"She visited him today?" Bo asked.

"Yes, Momma stayed with him for quite a while today. She actually just went home." Alexia explained. Bo let out a soft breath.

"Daddy, what's wrong?" Alexia asked.

Bo smiled, "Nothing, I miss my Lexi that's all. She'll be by tomorrow." He gave the baby back. "Where's Kwame?"

Alexia was surprised. "He's working. He'll stop by before returning home."

"You two need your own place. You can't raise babies in the alpha home." Bo explained.

Alexia smiled. "We're talking about it. I'm resigning from BU and transferring to LSU. I can continue my research on a smaller scale. Kwame is working. He's looking each day for a small apartment for us. The problem is Alpha Lakota does not want Keon away from Wildwood anytime soon. Besides, it won't matter where we live, Deacon and Declan will be there. Apparently those guys and Kwame are best buds now."

Bo smiled. "You and those two were inseparable. It makes sense that they have become attached to Kwame. He's a good man, Alexia. He comes by and sees me every day. Don't tell him this, but I like him."

Alexia smiled as Keon began to fret. "I need to get him back to the nursery. I love you daddy. I'll check on Mom, ok." She leaned over and kissed his cheek. Bo smiled as she left. He was happy. His baby girl was coming home. Now, he had to find a way to make up his surly attitude to Lexi. He could not lose Lexi. She was his heart.

Bo closed his eyes and rested. Tomorrow, he'd start over. When he was done, Lexi would know once again that she was his world. He smiled and dozed off peacefully.

The end of chapter 5

Thank you for reading chapter five. It may take a while, but this story will be completed. Just please be patient and if you have questions please contact me.