Mr. Right? Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Matthias relaxed slightly as he felt the firm pressure of Vernon's hand inside his own. He had a family that loved him and the support of his love, and that was all that mattered.

Alexander froze as his father came in. He was once his father's pride and joy, the one chosen to head the company, but that ended the day he acted on his feelings for his secretary, Tiffany. One look at her soft brown skin and he was smitten. He had wrestled with being the man that his father demanded and being a man with desires. In the end, his desire won out, helped along by Matthias's meddling, and he could not have been any happier. He had married a woman that he could love and devote himself to.

His father had simply stopped talking to him when he found out about their love affair. Alex found himself demoted from his position and Tiffany was fired in short order. It wasn't enough to keep them apart though. Alex stayed with the company because his mother had asked him to, but he didn't need to work and he made sure that Tiffany was provided for. About a month later, they had moved in together. It had been about three years since Alex had last spoken to his father, but in his estimation, it wasn't a big loss.

Maxamillion regarded his sons, their families, and the stark realization that he had cut himself out of so many lives and so much happiness struck him hard. He cleared his throat as his voice failed him. The voice that had made many a man quiver, reduced them to whimpering broken beings, that voice was absent. He could barely manage the words, but he knew they had to be spoken.

"I'm sorry for the way I've acted. I have been a monumental fool these past years. I cut you all out of my life and I was miserable. I had no sons; I had no heirs. Your mother made it clear that she was going to support you all no matter what and it really chapped my ass. Pride kept me immobile, but now I come before you as a humble man. Your mother forgave me for my treatment of her and you all over the years and I come to you now to ask the same of you. Please forgive me. I only want to become a part of your lives again."

Matthias stared at his father. He gripped Vernon's hand tighter, struggling with what he wanted to say and what he knew his mother would say to him if he did. His eyes darted to his eldest brother. Alex looked like his head was about to explode. Before he could say a word, a clear voice rang out.

"Forgiveness is not something that the Rosenblooms I know give easily, especially not my husband. They are about as stubborn as ten mules and know how to hold a grudge. Why don't we start with having a civil dinner and go from there?" Staci said, smiling as her husband drew her close and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Matt looked around the room at his family. His brothers conferred with their spouses and with a look shared between them, it was decided. "I think we can manage dinner. Anything after that is not guaranteed...but we'll try," Matt stated.

Max nodded, thankful for being allowed to be with his family, if only for one night. "Thank you."

As his Ana ushered everyone to the table, covered in food that they had ordered, Matt smiled. He could feel a warmth spreading through his body and with it his smile widened. His family was whole again, at least for the moment, and the future was definitely looking up.

12