All Comments on 'Mrs. Baxter's Boarding House Ch. 01'

by geronimo_appleby

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
so much ...

... gurgling ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Tense

Usually really enjoy your stories, but in this one it is all in the present tense, which I find off-putting. This is about something that has happened, not something happening right now. Please go back to your usual very successful style and write in the past tense.

geronimo_applebygeronimo_applebyalmost 8 years agoAuthor
ref the tense

While I don't accept there's anything wrong with writing in the present tense - I did some asking and it seems to be a matter of opinion - it does seem to be the popular view that past tense is preferable.

The next 2 installments are in past tense.

expertlinguistexpertlinguistalmost 8 years ago
Love it

Looking frward to the next instalments!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Re: Tense

GA use whatever tense suits your view of this story as you write it. It is your story. As a reader of SF and SFan and Historical Fiction I had no problem with the tense of this story, in fact it seemed that I was "in the moment" with Adam, while a past tense would have given it more of voyueristic feeling to my thinking.

Enjoy you writings always and look forward to the next installment.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Bored now

While the writing is acceptable, the story is not interesting and lacks any warmth. I gave up part way through page 2.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
5

another retarded comment from the asshole of LIT. Here's your offset dear annony to your 1 vote

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hot...

I like this, wish I could meet her. Ohh !

Rob_RoyaleRob_Royaleabout 1 year ago

Oh yes the randy boarding house mum. A fantasy of mine since I saw the movie Youngblood in the 80s. Very well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergeronimo_appleby@geronimo_appleby
6094 Followers
Walking the earth, having adventures and shit. Not looking for any hook-ups, I just want to get me stories out there and have a chat on the forums.