All Comments on 'Mud and Magic Ch. 01-03'

by Blind_Justice

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 5 years ago
Powerful

That right there is the problem with evil empires. There's always some group somewhere wanting to overthrow them, and thou the peoples may be cowed by their fear, they would support these rebels if they could, even if only in spirit. Best to at least appear decent if not good, much easier then to brand those that inevitably oppose you as the bad guys and not face popular uprisings against you. But I suppose Evil enjoys how good it feels to be evil too much to avoid that very often.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Outstanding

Excellent! Can’t wait for the ne t installment

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
excellent

The potential in this story is huge.

I am very much enjoying your work so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nope

Couldn’t stomach reading any further than the first page, you put a disclaimer on saying everyone is an adult in their society, I’ve no idea if the girl Mirrin was raped or not but just the possibility of it was enough to make me ditch the story.

In our history some girls were married off at that age, doesn’t make it right or palatable even if it’s in a story. I came to the website to read erotica not to speculate about children being raped, even if it’s only noted as background plot it’s a massive turn off. Unsurprisingly I gave this 1 star.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceabout 5 years agoAuthor
@anon "Nope"

Dear reader,

thanks for sharing your opinion. Granted, if you wanted "happy fluffy fucky-fucky", this isn't for you. Science fiction and fantasy have always been a genre in which authors hold up a mirror for society to see itself in. Yes, what happens to Mirrin is horrible - that's the whole freaking point. It illustrates in the most direct, brutal way what kind of opposition the good guys will be facing.

By the by, who says that humans miraculously have stopped abusing underage girls? In Ghana, there are more than two hundred thousand child prostitutes plying their trade and their average age is 13. Not because they want to, but because their pimps force them to. Or all the shotgun weddings in Turkey, where little girls are wed to older guys? And what do you mean "some" girls were wed off at 12 in history? That was the norm during the middle ages, not the exception. If you want to piss all over my story, do your fucking homework. The world is a horrible place and more often than not, fantasy reflects this. Just because it says "fantasy" on the tin doesn't mean it has to be all imaginary happy fluffy stuff. You've probably jacked off to Danaerys Stormborn by now, like most adult Americans. No one bats an eye when GRRM has people have incest sex, underage, rape and tons and tons of gratuituous violence. You get your panties in a twist over just such a figure.

I didn't write Mirrin's plight to arouse. I would be a really, really messed-up motherfucker if I did. But I did write her this way to give Rhys one hell of a motivation to get off his ass.

If I had to ruffle a few feathers along the way, fuck it.

MisterWildCardMisterWildCardalmost 5 years ago

Keep going, Blind. This is solid work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One of the best

I can honestly say this is one of the best stories i have read so far. It has a good plot and it doesn'r revolve around sex as most do - which is great if u ask me. Please keep up the good work!!!

P.S. As for the one who wrote "Nope" comment - WAKE UP! Look at the world around you. If those kinds of things happen today, they have surely happened in those times too. So feel free to love under a rock if you want but don't speak ill of someone who wants to paint a realistic picture of medieval times.

TheDemonWhispererTheDemonWhispereralmost 5 years ago
Time to settle down

with a good cup of coffee. Reached the bottom of page 1 and saw that it's 13 pages. Looks good so far.

TheDemonWhispererTheDemonWhispereralmost 5 years ago
More

Onwards we move. To the next chapter.

You can take this far. It has the potential. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Great read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Made it all the way through an am looking forward to the next installment.

taco1085taco1085over 4 years ago
ok

Not what I expected and turned out to be a very interesting and great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mirrin

From „As usual, all participants in sexual acts are considered adults in their respective species.“ to heavily implied rape of a 12 year old was too much for me to stomach. I would have appreciated a warning.

I get that you wanted a clear motive for the MC but this was too heavy handed for me without any tag or indication and made me even dislike Rhys when he apparently wasn‘t even emotionally distressed enough from the situation to not fuck his crush in the meantime like everything is fine.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 4 years agoAuthor

@Anon "Mirrin"

Where exactly did Rhys come across "as if everything were fine?" exactly? He spends most of the story in a state of extreme distress and confusion, last I checked. Also, compared to, for example, the widely lauded Eve Dallas books, where the author goes into horrific, explicit detail on the rape of the titular character at the hands of her drunkard father, I tried to keep a modicum of tact. I'm sorry that I triggered you. Evil people do evil deeds and how exactly was I supposed to get that point across otherwise? Killing hundreds is all fine and dandy, no one bats an eye? But the moment a child gets harmed - off screen - everyone cries murder? Well, I must have done something right then. You cared for her enough to complain to me. Thank you.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 4 years agoAuthor

So, the anonymous commentor who wrote the recent "Mirrin" post sent a personal feedback mail - and conveniently forgot to leave a means for me to reply. Now I have two options. Sit down and choke on the accusations he/she dropped on me or try to deal with them in a constructiva and transparent manner. If you want to discuss the problem like an adult, feel free to write again and include a way for me to reply.

Your criticisms can be distilled down to these two points:

- How dare I release a story including dark, violent subject matter without proper disclaimer? I was under the impression that this was a site where adults write for adults who can take a bit of dark, grim subject matter without triggering a hissy fit. Since this doesn't seem to be the case any more, I will change my disclaimer. Sheesh.

- The way I set up the story is "cheap" and "distasteful". Is it now? In your mail you mentioned the fact that no one did anything to hide Mirrin. I made it pretty clear that these farmers were nothing but slaves to Carver's men. They had to be counted at the Tithing and Mirrin was now of age. If they had hid the girl and someone would have ratted them out, they would all have died like the farmer who spiked his grain bags with gravel. If you haven't realized it, Rhys' family isn't the most helpful bunch, not even to each other. If the girl had to suffer so everyone could go on with their lives, then fuck it. Of course the women would howl and gibber - to keep up appearances. Yet they happily wolf down the guilt feast afterwards.

And damming me for Rhys not doing anything? He wasn't born a hero. He's been stomped on for most of his life and Mirrin being taken away was the moment where his transformation began. BUT WHAT COULD HE HAVE DONE? Picking a fight with Carver's men would have gotten him killed. Picking a fight with his brother got him hurt. That's the whole fucking point - he could do NOTHING but perhaps ask his gran for solace. The old woman had no answer either and tried to get his mind off the problem. Then his magic kicked in, giving him the hint of a means to solve his problem. But his growth is supposed to be gradual - having him run into Carver's stronghold to bust out Mirrin in the first chapter and win against all odds? That's the kind of cheap hero fantasy stuff I can't stand.

And if you would have bothered to read on - which I guess you didn't - when they found Mirrin later, after Carver's men did level the village, you would have realized how her ordeal had affected her.

60s4life60s4lifeover 4 years ago
Excellent work.

I feel like you have found a happy balance between sex and story progression here and are extremely upfront about all content in this portion of the story. Keep up the good work!

- ...and the "Anonymous poster" that complained about the content just sounds like a whiney a$$hole.

SuggestionSuggestionover 4 years ago
Great World Setting

You created a well defined world. Your characters in the village are all very well developed, making the characters at the tower seem shallow by comparison. I expect that will change as later chapters develop, and I am looking forward to reading them.

You gave fair warning that this is a dark setting. I will admit to being surprised that the site allowed it to be this dark, but you did not provide any details to make it lurid for those needing therapy. In short, it provides a key part of the story and highlights the evil in your world - and the need to eradicate it.

I look forward to reading the entire series. You have all the hallmarks of a great storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Mirrin guy

I don‘t have an account and didn‘t want to clutter the comment section with my arguments, because the story is highly rated and many people seem to really enjoy it.

With the new warning, where I concede that I reacted too strongly before because of personal preferences and I believe the slightly changed lead up to the event most of my gripes are fixed anyway.

Though I do stand by my point that this passage is jarring:

„At least for the night, his mind was occupied. The raunchy tale, filled with heaving breasts, sucking mouths and warm, willing holes aching to be stuffed had him think about Celeste.“

It just doesn‘t fit for me with the tragic situation of Mirrin going on at the same time that he can find escape with a topic like sex. I just have trouble buying into the caring big brother MC when he basically can distract himself with porn from that fact that his little sister may very well get raped right now.

That Rhys didn‘t have suddenly the power to flatten everyone and acts like some Marvel hero was never an issue I had and the gradual progression of him taking his first step by defying his father is executed really well.

Like I said, I just struggled with the tone of the story when Rhys could only wait helplessly until Mirrin comes back and several of his actions just feel like he succeeded pushing the issue completely out of his mind, what I what made me dislike the MC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
to the last Annon

You have to remember that psychologically Rhys is in a different time, and mental state than current convention. He is himself abused, seeking a life line and this situation while intellectually recognized is still just a thought/hunch based on observations and has not become "reality" for him until he is faced with his sister physically. The author did a wonderful job separating the omniscient readers knowledge of the whole and only present the MC with what he knew and felt in the situation based solely on his past. If anything the warning for me made me delay reading the story for some time and it was a lot tamer than it led me to believe. O say this not because of what happened but the deliberate lack of rape description made it to where intellectually I knew what was happening but emotionally it allowed me to feel for the characters but not be overwhelmed.

And yes I have been there and survived...not thrived but i am still here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nahh

Everything was good up until guys touchin guys not my thing lol

MsNatalie99MsNatalie99over 3 years ago

That was unbelievably hot. I love the setting, the characters are fascinating, and the plot pulled me right in. I am not terribly fond of Rhys'. He should be more driven to find his sister, but I can't wait to see how he grows from the experiences he's having. Amazing story, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 1 year ago

I was revered from below another story so the homosexual stuff was a surprise. I suppose it’s light on so far so…

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlind_Justice@Blind_Justice
I have just uploaded the next - and final - chapter to "Mud & Magic". Should be live in a couple of days. Can't wait to hear your opinions on it! Just a quick heads-up to all my new followers: If you want to know what I'm up to, don't hesitate to visit my Patreon at https://...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES