Mud and Magic Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I yield," Rhys whimpered.

* * * *

Faedal collapsed the staff and dropped it. He went to one knee and grinned at Rhys. "That was rather pointless, don't you think?" Faedal asked. "I was hoping for a bit more of a fight from you. What was this whole duel meant to accomplish anyway?" He shrugged. "You can tell me on the way back to the Fortress. Now, to season you properly for transport." He plucked something from a belt pocket. "Remember this? You dropped it in Storm Harbor. Only fitting you get it back." Gingerly, Faedal placed his thumb and index finger on Rhys' jaw. He pressed and Rhys had no option but to open his mouth. Faedal dropped the Disjunction stone between Rhys' teeth and slapped his jaw shut. The black pebble burst into shards and dust. Rhys coughed, trying to spew as much of that vile substance as possible but to no avail. He could feel his body go numb.

"You wait here while I fetch my horse. We will have so much fun, you and I," Faedal promised. He got to his feet again and left in search of his mount, leaving Rhys in the mud, utterly helpless.

It was hard to breathe. The debris from the shattered Disjunction stone tasted like rancid blood. The dust clogged his windpipe and the pain threatened to overwhelm him.

Thurguz was right, Rhys thought bitterly. I'm nowhere near ready. And now Faedal has me in his clutches. I royally messed this up. Lishaka... Chassari... I hope you got away.

A large shadow loomed over him. Focusing his gaze was almost impossible. The next thing he knew was excruciating pain as icy chill dug into his flesh. He was even too weak to scream, only a wheezing cough escaped his lungs.

"Sorry about that," Borna muttered. She tossed his limp body over a shoulder, picked up his staff and fled.

"After them!" Behind her, Faedal's enraged scream echoed through the night. A few arrows hissed past her. Borna was grateful they didn't have any spellcasters. She wasn't quite sure if her battered and bruised body could withstand a concentrated magical attack. Faedal's bellows could be heard even to the edge of the forest, urging his men to get a move on.

But by the time the riders had their horses back under control and mounted a pursuit, she had already reached the thick canopy and dense trees of the forest where horses had a hard time following her. Clutching the weeping and groaning form of Rhys against her body, Borna galloped deeper into the elven woods. She fervently prayed for the first time in her life. It would take a miracle to get him to safety in time, even if she managed to deaden her cursed claws. She dearly hoped the right gods were watching over them.

* * * *

... to be continued in Chapter IX -- Adrift

I hope you liked this twisted little fantasy of mine. Even if you didn't, let me know. Vote and/or comment. I enjoy the praise but improvement can only occur when I know what displeased you.

Thanks for your time.

(c)Blind_Justice 2019