All Comments on 'Narcissus'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This was the best story I have ever read! Loved it!!

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 11 years ago
Hmm... definitely very different.

This story goes far beyond the routine done-to-death brother sister stereotype. It is flawed, just like the characters in the wilderness of reality. There is a deep undercurrent of angst flowing through it, mixed with the anger at being ignored.

Sabely was little more than a shadow beside her brother, not knowing how much he thought of her. It was only when she saw him alone and vulnerable, did she realize what she had lived with all her life. For then she could see past as those layers of beauty and fortitude to the heart of a scared artist.

As far as criticism goes, I would have liked a deeper introspection into how he admired himself in a mirror. I was half-expecting him to say something along the lines of, "I saw my face because it looked so much like yours." The actual explanation fell kinda flat. But other than that, very well written. Definitely merits a sequel and then some more.

Keep up the good work,

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
This is Really and excellent Story.

This is really an excellent story with wonderful depth. Yet it maintains the sexy, taboo. just wonderfully done. Thank you.

ChasBChasBover 11 years ago

Most of the stories I read here, I kind of forget about after. I don't think I'll forget this one. It will come back to haunt me almost like a Poe tale. Any more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wonderful story!

I really enjoyed this story. It is a magnificent piece of work. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I don't vote often....

So when I do, it's sincere.

I truly enjoyed the way you brought out the young woman's feelings of insecurity and self-unawareness. So much like most young women, who only truly understand how beautiful they are through the eyes of a lover, be it parent, sibling, or friend.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Wow! The author is onto something new ( at least to me ) .

Incest is a unbalanced act, yet it's done to right a pre-existing off-kilter situation. The narrator had a self esteem void & though she saw beauty in her sibling ...the circle only became complete when she finally saw herself in her brother. That's what I'm getting out of this story although I'm not sure this was the author's intention.

The bulk of the story was a bit histrionic and artificially cerebral for my personal taste. Yet MsTarot was eloquently and bravely addressing issues beyond the purient . I'm not quite seeing the superlatives that Alwayswantedto has commented on. Sterling yes but not superific is my tentative 2 cents.

Dissenting vociferously with a Hall of Fame author in his field is a bit beyond me. If in doubt between our opinions PLEASE go with AW2. He might be wrong, but he won't be far wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Amazing...

With the sheer (shear? I dunno not a writer) number of stories on this site, it's hard to find anything above something to read to pass the time. While not the longest story ever it was simply amazing. I always heard than when you meet someone you are meant to be with, you will see a part of you in them. The missing part of yourself I guess. To me atleast, it seems the characters took the same journey through life and found what they needed to fill the void in each other,

If I was better with words I'd shower you with adjectives and what-naught about how 'good' this was...since I am not; I'll just say thank you.

trite_readertrite_readerover 11 years ago
Fuck that was good writing!!!!

Rapidly becoming my favourite author on this site! -A real class act mate, with a vary acceptable grasp of the language, a great plot, and, as always some very interesting characters.

I want more.

CassieGirlIncestLoverCassieGirlIncestLoverover 11 years ago
Amazing

This was absolutely amazing. I still can't believe how amazing it is. This is the best story I have ever read on here, and I'm not over exaggerating either, it is the best.

lcluckylcluckyover 11 years ago
Well Done!!

Nothing more need be said.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent!

Very well done! One of the best I've seen anywhere. Keep writing!

OleguyOleguyabout 11 years ago
Agreed

To all the other commentators I agree wholeheartedly, that was magnificent.

I'm rapt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Two idiots and the parents to blame, him because his friends and his parents led to believe that all the world was his stage, only to be slapped in the face by reality. She because of her own preconceived notions and her parents.

searchingforperfectionsearchingforperfectionabout 11 years ago
Unbelievable

This story is amazing, the best of your I've read and one of the best I've read on this site.

bigdaddyg123bigdaddyg123about 11 years ago
Narcissus

This story has a flaw that would have been easy to fix from the beginning. It is extrememly difficult for many of the statements, questions and sentences, etc., to determine exactly who is talking or making the statement or asking the question

There are one or two "thought/thinking" paragraphs, then a sentence, a question or a statement (many not identified), and then one or two more "thought/thinking" paragraphs. With much of the dialogue, and many of the paragraphs, not identified it is difficult to maintain a flow of thought, to dialogue, to thought, to dialogue, etc., etc., when there is no person or character identified to those processes. He, she, him, her, or the name as identifiers would add greatly to the flow of conversations.

The story has integrity in the writing style, an imagination that adds depth to the characters flaws and feelings of each other. The theme is quite unusual for an incestual love story, not the usual things as high school and college, but their parents conflictions of the parents perceived differences of the siblings and then, at college, the brother's and sister's first few months of rooming together.

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 11 years ago
Terrific tale

To the anon who called them idiots: As children you rely on your parents to guide you. They usually tell you your truth, especially if it's one that's easy to believe. As children and teens it's quite difficult to get your own head out of your ass.

Their parents painted every thought that Sable had with the tint of her own irrelevance an inadequacy. They also painted every one of Tyler's thoughts with his own superiority, a paradigm that their school mates and teachers reinforced.

Tyler however, in seeing his own beauty, was marvelling at his sister's.

Their parents should have no contact with their grandchildren, as punishment for nearly destroying their children.

OldManoftheSkyOldManoftheSkyalmost 11 years ago
Very nice!

I am enjoying your stories of sibling love. Your writing style, moving from character to character, each in the first person is magnificent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
needs a total rewrite

as said by some one else there is no way to tell who is saying or thinking what and it really confuses the hell out of the readers. delete and do a total rewrite using a good editor or ghost writer as is it sucks big time because it is to confusing. if i could give it a negative vote i would it doesn't deserve a posative vote or any of the underage or paid for rave reviews.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Amazing

Each story I read from you just keeps getting better and better, the POV is just so heart breaking at times that I'm amazed.

Great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
total FAILURE

no way to tell who is saying what to who so it is impossible to get into the story. find a GOOD WRITER to rewrite this for you and THEN it might be worth reading, the way it is now it is a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
GOOD

VERY GOOD STORY keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Finally, A Story That Actually Has Story

After reading a whole lot of generic stories that's all about sex, sex, and sex; reading this was an excellent wake up call to tell me that there are authors out there who aren't untalented idiots. This may be the first story I've given a 5 to but, I felt it deserved a 4.5 only because of that frustrating ending that acts as a cliffhanger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Holy smokes

I never saw that coming, but in hindsight, I guess I did.

That was a fantastic piece of amateur literature and I think it's one of the best pieces I've read on this site. Truly surprising, pleasant, and pretty damn good.

I sift through this site from time to time and most of the stories I see, in around 3 pages, have about 10 sex scenes which are horribly written and/or filled with unnecessary lust. This was... Different. Deeper. It struck a cord in my heart that made me simply realize how your own perception of yourself can be so horribly twisted sometimes. Really thought provoking, for me.

I can't wait to read another.

wordsinthedustwordsinthedustover 9 years ago
Loved it!

great read! i may not be a smart man, but I didn't have any trouble telling who was talking at any point.

if I have any criticism of this story, it's that the author damn near beats the reader to death with the sister's 'self-loathing.' parents showing favoritism to a child over another is often an unfortunate reality, and the key role it played I n the sister's personal feelings almost makes it a bit difficult to understand her apparent ready willingness to crawl back into his shadow.

the back half of the story, however, does a fantastic, if not brief job of making up for it. the only thing to improve it now, methinks, is more interaction between the sheets as the siblings truly mold themselves together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Very interesting way of writing, as if your the voice in her head half the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So unexpected.....

So far I've only read your Lesbian stories but after having devoured those, I have discovered this one. I truly enjoyed this story even though I'm not one for incest or even of the male/female persuasion, ;).

markellymarkellyover 7 years ago
Loved it..

I’ve read this twice today and still come away thinking that there should be more. A damn good read, that had me smiling and also laughing at the honesty of the situation and a sense of sadness when I get to the end.

A story I was sad to get to the end of. Thank you for posting this. Pure gold.

thedayafterthedayafterover 6 years ago
Unusual Storyline

A storyline that's different from the usual sibling incest stories. Really enjoyed reading it and didn't want the story to end.

Thoroughly enjoyable read, well done....

gunmakergunmakerover 5 years ago

You do come up with interesting plots. Very good.

IJS0904IJS0904over 1 year ago

Wow, just wonderful! Your characters are so well developed, and so alive, that I cannot help but empathize with them. They feel like real people, albeit exceptionally pretty people. Great writing. I'm glad that I found your page on Literotica.

kaotic2kaotic24 months ago

I don't know what to say other than this is fucking beautiful. You had me crying.

Thank you for writing this. <3

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous