All Comments on 'Necessities - the Sequel'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Liked the story. Always better when you include the motivations of the ex wife or give some idea what was in her head afterwards- those details are what make or break the rating in my mind. Its solves the mystery of why the cheater was so keen to self destruct and is the payoff we crave. Then we judge how many axe handles we think she deserves.

But great effort and best story to me for today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

To be honest, I just skimmed it, but it seemed like cliche city to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very good!

Funny. Oh, so funny!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Lovely story. 5*****

My only criticism is that I can't imagine her, especially a lawyer, telling him she is a virgin on their first date. Stranger things have happened, but it's hard to believe. Otherwise, I do always like a happy ending.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
I like it

You nailed all the hoary LW cliches in your story, but you gave it a good finish. I enjoyed your first effort a lot. Saddletramp has mastered the art of continuing storylines, but more stories about Abby and her epic family would be fun. You did pretty good on the writing, but your football team not so much. However, the LT56 ties to my university earns you that last point. A *5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You did well if THIS ONE popped your cherry !

Nice job, well-written and/or good editing...

The story was told well with just the RIGHT amount of snark.

I'll be looking for more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Had me grinning all along

Good story and an excellent first story. Had me grinning if not out right chuckling through out the story. We all should be so lucky to dump a cheating slut and meet a gorgeous red haired warrior princess like Abby. That's the kind of "life" sentence we all dream of.

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyover 3 years ago
Excellent first run!

Well done, I enjoyed it! Thanks for your efforts. Hoping for more good stuff!

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredover 3 years ago
To be honest, I just skimmed it, but it seemed like cliche city to me.

Dude, it's tongue in cheek, a funny little story. It's designed to be overburdened with cliches, that's one of the things that made it work.

To the author: ROFL. Thanks :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Damned good for a first story.

I look forward to many more from this author.

But can I just finish off the story by saying what happened to the ex-wife.

After Lorraine lost her job she eventually found work at another law firm about 50 miles away. She dated some men but the relationship never went far. Every time she brought a man back to her house they would see the toilet paper and think "Oh my god she is one of those toilet paper hoarders from that Corona time." She must be a complete nut case." They would then make their apologies and leave.

At least she never ran out of toilet paper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A first story ?

A first story, where have you been hiding all these years ?

There are authors (?) who have been writing for years, that have not given me as much enjoyment as reading your first endeavour, please Please PLEASE carry on writing. A very well deserved five stars....

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Not funny.

You should have written your own story. This should not have been a sequel.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
Think I found another writer

I can read and like. Sure was a little funny. But a good ending to one of the best writers on Lit.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Excellent!

I love your sense of humor, your writing style, and your over the top plot.

Well done, great writing style, I can't wait for your next creation!

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Yes...saved the day with this one

Thank you that was entertaining. To the anon who called it cliche city...it was supposed to be ...Duh! It's an ST follow on story what did you expect. Good effort and good fun, thanks again for saving the day from the cucky monsters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well done!

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Light Fare

You kept it consistently light and humorous. Good show for a first effort.

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956over 3 years ago
The Tramp approves.

Nice job. Enjoyed it a bunch. Thanks.

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Not bad at all

Yeah it had a lot of cliches,legally this thing has a lot of problems with it ( the judge that is a close friend of her dad? Suing the lawfirms and getting money? A credit union account not being counted in the divorce?) But it still was fun. Yeah it is the ST universe on steroids ( too bad Justice O peace couldn't show up and have a drink with the brothers). The one impossible think might be the 50 cases of sharmin,that might stl not be easy!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Life doesn't work that way

But it damn sure should.

Hilarious story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Anon cliche

Yes, you are right. That's the point. It's obviously part parody. You missed a good time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Kind of cute too.

I never did understand why the second wife wanted a man so blind and stupid that he married the first wife.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thumbs up

Great ending!

andyinozandyinozover 3 years ago
A very good first effort.

Looking forward to more from your pen.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 3 years ago
Extremely well written.

Thank you for taking time to write this story. I loved it.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 3 years ago
Awful.

Oh jeeze that was bad.

Not funny. Not realistic. Just plain awful.

And this line from a supposed smart attorney? “ He's kind, sweet, ...”

A man who is kind and sweet doesn’t behave the way he did.

His actions would have had him in jail in a New York minute.

What an absolute scumbag.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Enjoyed the read. 5 stars

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

For your first effort, this was steeped in humour and decent writing. I look forward to more of your tales.

5/5

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Nice job on your first story.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago
awesome first story

enjoyable, it was light and cheeky with a feel good ending. Some stuff kinda stretched reality like Lorraine screaming in court, the toilet paper stunt and Abby Junior's dialogues but they add a lot to the humour

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 3 years ago
Not bad at all...

... For a first story, I'd say very commendable.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

Too much standard LW nonsense about lawsuits which have no basis in reality, and destruction of property as revenge completely ignoring that the cost of the destruction will be borne by the perpetrator. Other standard stupidities.

New authors should try new stuff aboput which they have some experience, and not just compile standard tropes and place in new setting.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
(still laughing)

For a first timer that's pretty good! ST56 should be proud. JOP should like it as well.........

NathanGarrettNathanGarrettover 3 years ago

Thanks for the fun. Keep going.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

great story and great fun. Covid woes deserve some humor

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Loved It!

A worthy homage to the original. You've even nicked his tone and humour. 5 stars and a fave

markivunibmarkivunibover 3 years ago
there is no connect to original story.

covid19 vanished all of a sudden.

all the fun taken away as well as the essence of the plot urgent need of TP etc all forgotten.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

I enjoy reading a story which flows nicely and the author takes the time to get it a good second reading for any typing errors. Nice job. Look forward to more.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Great finish - well written with a good flow. I do see several LW stories where the client and lawyer hook up after the divorce. In really life that would likely never happen for many reasons. Still loved it! 5*

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years agoAuthor
Rebuttal...

I first of all want to thank everyone who thought my story was pretty good. Even if you were just being kind, I don't care. I'll take it. But there are a couple of things.

1) She worked a ta financial firm, not a law firm. Handling other peoples money, the last thing you want is bad P.R.

2) I'm sorry if you don't think it was realistic. I was going for enjoyable.

3) The Toyota was his ,not hers. He could do anything he wanted to it. If it had been me, I would have rolled over the ass-end with my truck, BEFORE I trashed it.

4) To the anonymous critique who called me an asshole, How did you manage to get your computer turned on to leave the comment??

To everyone else, Thank you. I appreciate it. The Bear approves.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fun Story

Thanks

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

Nice, good story and a very enjoyable read

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank god

I am not a football fan.....in grade3

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Humor?

Was it meant to be humorous where you put in all the LW stuff like the family members positions and the lawyer being hot and they hook up and the family reaction wit the judge etc?

I liked it, but was wondering is this was meant to be a joke on LW.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

You know the guy is in a good place, when the epilogue says he doesn’t care what happened to his ex.

The saddletramp original was a pretty good, contemporary joke. Some of this story was improbable, but nonetheless entertaining. Nicely done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Maybe the "fault" divorce made a difference with the house, but his name being on everything made no difference as it was bought when they were married, so it was a marital asset.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah, but

Yeah, it is a well-written, tongue-in-cheek story that I really enjoyed, but I have trouble with the author's disrespect. LT 56 played for the Giants, not the Bears. The Best linebacker for the Bears wore 54, Brian Urlacher. SUCH DISRESPECT !!

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Crap

Crap crap crap

Nonsense

No plot, no suspense, no sex, no story

Boring crap

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Fun story

Not sure why he destroyed a car he had sole title to but fun story.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
TIS A BUMMER TO BE OUTCLASSED

even tho its your mate/wife/attorney calling the shots be pseudo-intimidation. TK U MLJ LV NV

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Even unrealistic 5* alone for the 4 brothers and their first words to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wrong category

Sb humore/satire for all the cliches

kirei8kirei8over 3 years ago
If only the anons had class and couthe

They would realize that for a first story, this was very good. Keep at it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Not bad for a first effort, but it got a little too over the top for my tastes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I smiled the whole time i was reading this

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Not the best grammatically but still a brilliant story and have me a chuckle.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

now this was a likeable story

NRBonzNRBonzabout 3 years ago

Treated badly, regrouped and recovered, then on to bigger and better things. What's not to like?

ker63469ker63469about 3 years ago

A very good first story.Keep writing and keep improving.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 3 years ago

Thank you for a lovely story

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

yes, it was a cute story.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51about 3 years ago

very nice story, short & sweet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Over the top.

;^> ;^>

brownmobbrownmobabout 3 years ago

Love it, short sweet, and a happy ending, what more could you want....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A very nice story; good plot flow; character development leaves much to be desired (but that's one of the most difficult parts of narrative writing). Also: did you know that prof read a draft is one of the most irksome, yet vital part of writing? It's true. The complexities of American English and grammar are such that not even spell check and grammar check can catch it all. They keep trying to get it right with each new release of Word. Maybe someday.

PdgriggsPdgriggsalmost 3 years ago

Loved the story. Please keep writing! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You westerners need to listen to the immortal words of Michael Jackson:

Use bidet! bidet!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Have you a good score since its an early piece it will get tougher in the future.

Good job it’s no easy task keeping up with the likes of Saddletramp. Id say there’s hope

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent

Great conclusion to this fine tale. You should work with saddle more often. Results are tremendous.

Five Stars

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

You do Tramp justice. Great conclusion!!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Thanks for leading me to this one, humorous and fun. Good story 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great sequel!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding. Thank you.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Love the Red Sonya characterization!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow You are getting better Keep up the good work (jaybee186)

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

Fun read, had you use my inhaler, I was laughing so hard.

\

6*, Hooyah, Salutes.... CPO Nam Vet too

woodwardwoodwardabout 2 years ago

Could have given it a 10 if I could!

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

God I love your tales. This is is one I will return to and savor repeatedly

One of the very best on this site.

5 well deserved stars.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 2 years ago

The story was a lot of fun but there was no way a recently divorced man gets married in a Catholic church! Maybe they waited 10 years to get an annulment!

beanburner69beanburner69over 1 year ago

just read it loved it

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

second time for this and still entertaining and very funny! 5 stars, especially good for a first try.

B3ndoverB3ndoverover 1 year ago

Not bad for your first effort. Plus you are a yanks and big blue fan especially my favorite #56 . Best of all time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars a great first effort . Remember this you cannot please everyone

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely fantastic! I found myself wanting more, not that it was too short. Just that I really enjoyed it. Kudos!

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

Simple but well done.

Ermmm...........so was that the premium 2 ply quilted toilet paper???????

Or the cheapo single ply??????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'd say you probably did ST proud. Haven't seen many take on his tales. Thank you for your time and talent. DMW

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

This story is about as stupid as it gets.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Smile.

Ed

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat10 months ago

Checks all the boxes for a betrayed husband’s dream fantasy. Completely unbelievable, but entertaining. 4*

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

More a farce, than a loving wife story, but it did make me smile.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

One thing I won't do is chase some other story for background. I will usually read it if you provide a link to the story, though. But yo go through the whole Search process, and then come back, just because an author didn't provide a link? No, thanks. Not worth my time and effort.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another note. Sometimes a summary of the original story works okay. I won't score your story, having not read it. I know some other readers give an automatic one star.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The chuckles were much appreciated. Five stars

CookiecreamyCookiecreamy7 months ago

Who doesn"t love Red Sonja? Anyway, a simple conclusion to the story with smikes abound. I'm not complaining about thw continuation of a previous story from another author. It was enjoyable. JPB can whine as ananymous. But it builds character to make an actual account to back up the whining.

5 cookies for you.

arnowolarnowol5 months ago

I like it very much! :) I also quickly found Saddletramp's "NECESSITIES", but I had read it before.

5++++++*!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...