All Comments on 'Necromancer Chronicles Pt. 08'

by Magicwrtr

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AmmononAmmononalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

You are really bringing this story to life. I really enjoy the premise. Glad you are keeping it interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Pre vs post cognition.

I've noticed a few times that you describe knowing the future as post-cognition. This is actually pre-cognition. Pre meaning before; you know things before they happen. Post-cognition is knowing things that have happened in the past, like psychometry.

Other than that tiny issue, I'm really enjoying this series.

daypowerdaypoweralmost 9 years ago
Pre-cog not post-cog

Lovely story the post cognition error keeps tripping my brain up but worth the adjustment :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
OK, Dont want to nitpick but...

Your Physics is a bit off.

If you cancel gravity in an area the items in there will fly off the planet at something between 0 and 1040MPH due to the rotational speed of the planet.

Max speed at the equator and min speed at the poles.

You can determine the speed at a place by dividing 1040 by the Latitude X 1.111~

This gives you the MPH everything at that latitude is moving in a circle held on the planet by gravity.

The item will thus depart the planet on a tangent to the surface also so it will look like they fly straight up. Then again, they will fly out of the area of effect so they will immediately start slowing down (32ft/sec of gravitic slowing plus air drag), but they are going to punch right through the roof first. (Energy of the impact on first ceiling is Speed X Mass, IE LOTS or Energy)

Ya, I'm a Rocket Scientist / Electronics Geek. Things like this bug me.

Ramjet

observer7observer7over 8 years ago
Anon Ramjet....yes, you do. Just own it.

Obviously you do want to nitpick, because you're a physics geek and it bugs you. Just own that you're an anal nitpicker and don't preface your nitpick comments with "dont wanna nitpick but...." Because you aren't only a douche, you are a douche in denial, and it is not as polite as you think. It is stupid and takes away from your "argument."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ramjet...

You're not taking into account *all* the various forces. There is also the revolution around the sun, system revolution and drift around the galactic core, the drift towards Andromeda, etc, etc... Cancelling gravity could also cause the item to auger down through the crust, slide sideways through a wall, etc. So, even if the device were turned on while the circumferential force would tend to throw it up and out, the greater speeds of rotation et al could still cause it to travel down/sideways/etc until friction overcame the obscene velocities imparted.

One story I read several years ago described a glow around an anti-grav field for just this reason...the air molecules falling into it were emerging at a significant percentage of "C".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Post cognition?

You know, if you can see future, it's precognition. NOT post cognition. Post happens after something has already happened. Like postoperative or postpartum.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous