All Comments on 'Necromancer Chronicles Pt. 10'

by Magicwrtr

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
whoa

Lovely story actually sad to see it end

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Mysteries untold

So.. Who sent her the message to keep it secret? I expected you to keep the firstborn thing a secret, but when you revealed it at the end, it didn't feel like a cliffhanger, and more a forgotten plotline.

Could we expect any more in this series, or in this world as a related story from a vastly different perspective?

Did you imply the answer somewhere, and I just missed it?

In either case, I love your work, thank you for the storytelling, and hope to see more; in any universe.

MagicwrtrMagicwrtralmost 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Mysteries untold

An augury is a type of divination. meaning the message came from something beyond the mortal or even immortal races, something I chose not to clarify. Gods/sprits, whatever floats your boat... My fault for not putting an explanation in there, I thought it was common knowledge.

It wasn't a forgotten storyline. The whole point was an argument could be made for either of them being firstborn until the end of the book, where it is only revealed to the reader not the characters. In the end it didn't really matter, what mattered were they were both alive and worked together to fix things.

That said, I wanted to close out the thread, it was my intent from the pre-prologue in book two to finish that very first scene at the end of the book three. So no, I didn't just tack it on at the end as an afterthought. I know I'd have been annoyed reading a book called firstborn and not finding out who it was, so I planned to put it in there from the beginning.

MagicwrtrMagicwrtralmost 9 years agoAuthor
More?

I missed one of the questions. I have no plans or ideas for a novel sized addition to this universe right now. Not sure if that will change or not.

I have been tossing around the idea of a novella about Jeremy and Bell, I kind of left them undeveloped for that reason. Right now I have a new series going straight to amazon, then I'll probably write another here, or maybe an addition to one of my older stories. I also need a small break after writing three novels in thirty days.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
FIRST BORN....

ALLOW ME TO SAY THAT I HAVE ENJOYED YOU STORY AND THE

ADVENTURES THAT YOUR CHARACTORS HAVE GONE THROUGH.

IT WAS A FUN READ, THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

YOUR ENDING WAS THE PERFECT "GET OUT OF JAIL" ENDING, YOU

BY TAKING AWAY THE INFORMATION, BEFORE IT COULD EVER BE

USED BY ANYONE WAS THE PERFECT ANSWER. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE.

GUNRUNNER

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80almost 9 years ago
what happened to the Fae?

As is common amongst any race or species there are good and bad people. While the Fae seen to have been dominated by selfish and bad people who are now dead, you never explain the final disposition of the Fae refugees, that escaped from their dying world. I have no trouble believing the Grays using some unfathomable technology/magic easily obliterated the Fae homeworld. However, I am curious how the Fae refugees end especially considering they landed in the united States which is itself a land made up of refugees. Also consider humanity may have been at war with the Fae but the US has a history of helping their conquered foes and turning them into allies.

Final thought, the Fae really brought about their own destruction. A self fulfilling prophecy. If they hadn't screed with our protagonists, forcing them to defend themselves, they would not have been bothered. Vinnie and Hope don't strike as the type ambitious enough to bother freeing humanity from the enchantment or exploring strange new worlds without a catalyst. Of course that would make for a boring story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Amazon?

In one of your previous comments on this story you talked about posting to Amazon. How can I find your stories there?

Sorry if it is in some obvious place that I didn't notice.

Also, whats the ETA for the next story?

I love your writing style. Very good.

MagicwrtrMagicwrtralmost 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Amazon?

Just check my biography, I have a few book links listed there, from that you can list all the stuff under my pen name.

Most of my stuff is here actually, there are only a few that aren't. One older three novella story and a new one I'm writing.

I don't mean to make it difficult, I just don't want to advertise in my stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Close, but no cigar.

"A wave of hot air washed over my body, the crackle of the flames set my blood pounding. I looked up at the frowning face of Miri, the explosion of fire washing through her form as she stared down at me."

This is where I feel in love with your story, all the way back at the beginning of part 1.

But now, 10 parts later, I find that I feel somewhat let down. Somewhere along the way, the dynamic, immersive storytelling turned into an and-then-they-did-that style, and I believe the story suffers greatly from it. Especially in the second book, what could have been an epic saga of the rise of humanity over the bonds of modern-day physics turned into two autobiographies without much context and less emotional impact.

"Life on Earth will adjust."

A sentence like that deserves nothing less than a full stop. It should have been the culmination of your story arc, not a mere afterthought. It should have been the epilogue's crowning moment.

Still -- even if, towards the end, the erotic scenes felt a bit tacked on; even if the writing style after the first or second part kept grinding my gears; even if the story never mentioned to build a tension arc since nothing really felt threatening to the protagonists -- I've enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice story

I like the sci-fi part that have take the story that I hope too see developed later.

Very touching the final part about Anise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A lot better

Started out so so but picked up quite well!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Firstborn?

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm new here and just read this. I just wanted to comment that I thought the ending was ok. however, I was a bit let down. I thought I knew the answer the instant the prophesy was first introduced. turns out I was wrong.

What I was convinced we would eventually discover is that Anise, (being pretty much the greatest doctor/healer on this plane of existance) had actually performed a C-section on herself and made sure to lift her babies out of her own belly together at exactly the same time. Making them both firstborn and second at the same time. Thus completely scrambling the prophesy from the beginning. The ending here seems a bit dull to me compared to the anticipation of that reveal I was feeling for the entirety of this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous