Necromancer Chronicles Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,998 Followers

I really wish I still didn't know.

Everyone was gone from Vinnie's now, except for the eight of us. We were sitting on the couch staring off into space.

I asked grasping at straws, "Any ideas? What about that anti-gravity thing you made?"

Vinnie shook his head, "If we had six months... maybe. As it is, we have what, five days before the meteors hit the atmosphere?"

I asked in a strained voice, "Rafe?"

He frowned and looked a little defeated when he said, "Nothing I could do would help. My world is protected from this type of attack, but even if my sovereign wanted to we couldn't implement the solution here in a week. It would take months to build the spells to cover your planet from this type of attack. We don't really have high technology either, we use magic for everything."

Vinnie asked, "What race does have the tech we are just learning? Magic wise it seems like your race as well as the human race here is limited by time."

Rafe looked thoughtful, "The grays I believe your popular fiction calls them. But we are back to the same problem. It would take a longer than a week to build a gate to their world and they might not even help."

I asked, "Have you ever met one? I need to know what their magic feels like."

Vinnie looked up at me sharply and Rafe asked, "Why?"

I replied, "Because Vinnie and I can cross realms remember? We only go to limbo because it's empty and close enough to ours to see across. Just because we haven't gone to others doesn't mean I can't like I'm walking across a room. But there are too many to search, I need a place to start."

Bree growled, "But you can't take anyone with you."

I shrugged, "I can take Vinnie with me. The rest of you can work on the fae problem here," I turned to Vinnie, "Unless you think you can make a difference here, then I can go alone."

Rafe didn't look happy, but he transferred the memory to me with Kristi's help.

I added, "Are you sure the tech you made won't help? I imagine the president would make sure you got access to all the fabricators you could want."

Vinnie shrugged, "There are hundreds of them, and even if I could figure out a way to change all their trajectories, the fae here would just pull them back. I don't even have an idea how to do that. AG will help get things to the asteroids, but that's a lot of mass and momentum to redirect."

I shrugged, "Not if they're dead. Or running for their lives when you do your thing... I'm sure the rest of our family would take care of that little detail."

Vinnie asked, "If you're so sure we can pull it off why go at all. I don't like the idea of you being alone. You won't even be able to take ghosts with you."

I wasn't sure about that, "I might be able to pull them there through our bonds. But I shouldn't need them; if the grays are violent I'll just come back... Besides, we need allies. Even if we do protect the earth this time around the fae will only try again in a different way."

I turned to Kristi, "Do you think if the president gave you a battalion you could train them to join minds, would that be enough to push away an asteroid?"

She shook her head. "I don't think so. I could teach them, but it would take a lot of practice. Joining minds isn't something you can rush."

I closed my eyes and grated out with gradually increased volume, "What are we missing? There has to be a way. Either Vinnie or I have to be able to fix this right? Isn't that the whole fucking point of the god damned stupid fucking prophecy?"

I might have been losing it. For all my back and forth, I was pretty sure I was wrong before. Me freeing the magic did this, caused this attack. We hadn't been expecting meteors for hell's sake. Problem was, I wasn't seeing Vinnie stepping up right now to fix my shit. I know that wasn't fair, he was probably thinking hard to come up with something. But shit, this was too much to deal with.

I felt arms go around me and I knew it was my mates.

"Sorry," I muttered.

I walked over to the bar set up for the party and grabbed a drink.

Toni said softly, "I have an idea..."

Everyone looked at her and she blushed.

Toni explained, "So, I think we could create enough AG devices to make a smaller size rocket weightless, that would be enough to extend its range to reach the asteroids. After that, the solution isn't tech, its magic. If I were close enough, Vinnie or I, could easily turn it to dust with sorcery. I think we could come up with an earth ward that would do something similar, since we can't go ourselves."

Vinnie smiled, "That would work, you're a genius. Of course, if Toni and I are doing that, the rest of you need to hunt out the fae and work with the government again. They could probably stop any launches if we don't."

I took another sip of my drink and sent a ghost to dad. He and mom showed up before I started on my third drink. Yeah, it wasn't healthy but the world was ending, and I was fairly sure it was my fault...

Before I started I had Kristi locate Johnson and I reached out and grabbed him. Once he calmed down, I started explaining the plan. Vinnie and Toni would deal with the asteroids and needed all the resources the government could supply, including missiles. I also suggested if there was anyone else at the office that could help to bring them in on it. He had told me about Abby and it seemed to me an engineer might have some ideas too.

My parents and the rest of our family, including my mates, as well as Kristi and Alicia would work with the military to track down and kill the fae as fast as possible. With my father there they would be able to gather the dead fae as troops along the way. If he could collect enough of them, maybe he could have them fix the issue.

Although I doubted they could push away the asteroids, I think they were only here to bump them into a better attack profile, which would be a lot easier.

I added, "Hopefully the communities will fight back now that death is imminent. You could probably depend on Jeremy and Bell too if you contact them."

Then I told them what I'm doing, "I'm the backup plan, I'm going to go ask for help from the grays. Johnson, I need permission to negotiate for us, and no, I can't bring anyone with me."

No one looked especially happy about me going alone, especially Bree and Callie. But it was what it was. I wished I could take them with me, but it wasn't an option.

Johnson picked up his phone and said, "I'll call the president and see what he says. If he's as smart as I think he is, he'll let you speak for us."

When he walked off Bree said, "I want you to pull me there in spirit form, I don't care if you need me..."

I sighed. I should have expected that, and truthfully I was glad of it. There was one more thing I could do, so I could still help back here. It would be as close to being here as was possible, if Callie were willing. I couldn't use Bree for it, though she would be my first choice. One, she'd hate to be locked into her body, two was she wasn't a vampire.

I said with a smile, "Okay, I promise I'll try. It should work..."

I grabbed Callie by the hand and pulled her into the other room, Bree followed. Rafe didn't, but then he always knows what I want, and he probably knew what I was up to already.

I kissed her softly and caressed her hair. She looked back at me concerned.

I said softly, "There is a way for us to stay in communication, and for me to even act through you. It would also give you access to my magic directly, as a result you would be very strong and even able to self heal. All my ghosts would be bound to you through me, and you could order them. It is not a small thing I ask.

"You met my Aunt Amy right? She's my father's lich, that's what I'm talking about. I won't get angry if you say no, once it's done you would die without the bond, so it does come with risks. If I ever died, you would follow me quickly."

Callie's eyes widened, "You would trust me with your magic and the spirits under your dominion?"

I smiled, "More than that love, I'd trust you with my soul, which is what we would be sharing."

I could feel Bree was content, and understood the reasons behind my choice.

Callie smiled brightly and pulled me into a hug, "I'd be honored, I love you so much Hope..."

I reached for her soul... and mine, and bonded them together. It was so much more intimate than the mind bond; there was no closing this one, or keeping anything private. Callie was a part of me, and I was a part of her. Literally until death do us part, there was no going back, and I honestly couldn't imagine ever wanting to.

I kissed her softly and we walked as one to the sofa. Bree watched with love in her heart as Callie and I stripped. She was breathtaking. Despite her previous strength she was so much stronger now.

But in my arms she was soft, yielding, and gentle. I lowered her onto the couch and lay beside her. There would be no mistress Hope this time. We explored each other with soft fingertips and light caresses and the intimacy seemed to build as our souls also explored each other's. Her skin felt like silk against mine and I felt a fingertip run up my inner thigh, and then teasingly circle around my heating core.

I barely brushed against her labia and she gasped loudly, which was quickly followed by mine. I had no idea just how sensitive I'd made her, and I could feel it clearly through our new soul bond. I broke our seemingly endless kiss, I had to taste her, and I wanted her sweet wet tongue on me as well.

I couldn't tell where my desire for it ended and where hers began, we both sighed in pleasure as I straddled her head, while I lowered my head down between her legs. Her labia were puffy and ever so sensitive. I ran my tongue under her hood and flicked her clit, twice, and gasped as she licked mine. She was so sensitive we both fell into bliss together as our need, feelings, and pleasure all mixed together.

It was only a small one, but it was fantastic, I felt decadent and sexy... loved and cherished, all at the same time. We dove into each other again and I moaned into her velvety pleasure at her taste. We teased each other, rising slowly to our height, going higher and higher until we broke in rapturous pleasure.

When we came down there was no reason to talk, her want was mine and mine was hers. We turned to Bree and beckoned her over, a duplicate smile of wicked anticipation on our faces. Bree came over to join us, and things got a little naughtier at that point. Both Callie and I were subs at heart, so when we finished stripping Bree we dropped to our knees and each took a side.

Our knees were touching between Bree's spread legs as we both started tonguing a hole each.

Bree gasped, "God, yes... lick deeper."

A bolt of pleasure went through me at her words, and while I doubled my efforts to enter her tight hot body with my tongue I reached down and slipped two fingers into my hot wet molten core. A short few seconds later we all fed back on each other's pleasure and went into ecstatic bliss. We worked together on Bree for a while longer, and reluctantly stopped when she reached her third orgasm.

It had been important, almost a necessity to come together like this after the bond formed. But we were well aware the World's time was running out. We got dressed and walked back into the room. We were all flushed and sweaty, blushing as everyone took us in.

Johnson said, "He said yes, but try not to sell our souls okay?"

I grinned, "Don't you trust me?"

I winked when he glared.

I said, "Sorry, too much pressure you know? I'll contact you through Callie if it seems like too much, or something I'm not comfortable with approving."

Johnson said, "Good, now can you send me back to the meeting you stole me out of? I've already given Vinnie and you're parents the contact information they will need to get their side rolling."

I shook his hand and told him thanks, then sent him on his way, back where came from.

Vinnie asked, "Are you sure about this sis, you don't have to do this."

I nodded, "Just in case. We have a lot to do, and only a week to do it."

I hugged everyone self consciously, I really did think I'd be back, but just in case...

I kissed and hugged Rafe and Callie last, then took Bree's hand and teleported home. I took a quick shower and changed my clothes. Bree was with me in spirit, her body lying on the bed. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. It was habit, simple and easy to walk into limbo. But this time I was looking for another Earth. I focused my magic to access that ability and stretched it out.

It was almost overwhelming how many worlds there actually were. Uncountable. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. The magical... essence of worlds were closely related. The further apart, the more different. I strummed across them with my magic and went in the direction that felt right.

Every world I sampled came closer and closer to the memory in my mind, until it finally happened. I found it. I took a deep breath and stepped into grays' world, dragging Bree's spirit behind me...

Chapter 11 – Vinnie

It felt strange letting her go without me. But I had my own task to do and only a few days in which to do it. The first thing I did was call Abby; she would definitely help and perhaps bring a unique perspective. Toni and I packed a few things and I spent some time talking to and kissing Kristi and Alicia.

I didn't like the idea of them fighting without me, but I wouldn't embarrass any of us by expressing any doubts in their abilities, so I only told them to be careful. We met Abby at the building and grabbed the information we would need. I explained to Abby what we needed and she had an objection almost immediately.

Abby explained as I teleported us to a hidden army base, "We need to figure out how much acceleration one of the missiles can handle without burning up flying through the atmosphere. I wouldn't be surprised if we needed to leave at least a half G or maybe a quarter G until it leaves the atmosphere."

I snickered, "I knew there was a reason I called you."

She smiled, "So are you two official yet?"

Toni blushed, "Is it that obvious? We are kind of dating right now."

She snickered, "No need to worry, it's only obvious to a budding empath, so you know, only six billion or so people would know by taking one look at you."

I snorted a laugh and Toni elbowed my side.

A few men came out in uniform and jogged over to greet us.

"Please come with us, we can get you settled and get anything you need that we don't have."

We followed the two men to a warehouse.

One of them said, "I'm Mike, this here is Bob. I'm instructed to make sure you only have access to this building, so remember it and try not to get lost."

I nodded and they brought us inside. There were three fabricators, they looked much bigger than the one we had at work. I also figured all the feature restrictions on what could be made had been removed on these.

Abby had a big smile on her face and sat down at the interface and started typing. Then she turned and started to talk excitedly.

"These three will create what we need, making five at once every hour. That's... three hundred twenty a day. That will give us two days tops to try different approaches and see what will work. Most of that will be programming though."

I asked Mike, "Do you have one of the missiles we'll be using."

He nodded and pointed to a crate in the corner. I brought one out. It was small, but shouldn't have trouble leaving atmosphere with the gravity reduced. The tradeoff was fuel though, the more stable the climb the more fuel it would take. That gave me another idea.

"Can these be fired remotely?"

He nodded, "Yes."

I turned to Abby, "What if I teleported them up there, then we wouldn't have to worry about them burning up in the atmosphere. I'm sure I could get them to L.E.O."

She nodded, "That should work, I'm going to build one out now, we can try it in an hour."

An hour was so fast to make one, and so damned slow at the same time. Still, we threw ideas back and forth for a while as it was built. Toni added her earth magic ward to the tip of the missile while we waited. It didn't look too hard and I thought I could duplicate it, but it didn't look easy either.

When the device came out we added it to the missile. We had to wait another ten minutes for Bob to get back with the control device for the missile. It looked like a small laptop. Once it was up, I teleported the missile straight up to low earth orbit. The gravity up there was still close to earth normal, but out of the atmosphere, so with the anti-gravity switched on, it just hung there.

We waited a few seconds as the telemetry came in, and then launched the missile at one of the closer meteors. It went fast, accelerating toward the target. Space was big it still took some time.

The missile hit the asteroid, so as far as it went, that part was a success. Not so much on the destroying it part though. I stared in disbelief at the image, it didn't look touched.

I said, pointing out the obvious, "You don't suppose they shielded them do you?"

Abby frowned at me and Toni sighed in disgust.

I shrugged, "Well it worked as far as the AG and missile goes, so why don't you start printing them out. In the meantime we need to figure out what to deliver once we have them."

Toni asked, "Any ideas?"

I shook my head, "Just a crazy one," I turned to Bob and Mike, "I need two things, an EVA suit that will fit me and someone to remote view an asteroid and give me a picture. If you can't get that last one I can bring in someone who can."

Abby looked at me like I'd lost my mind, "You're going to teleport out there?"

I shrugged, "Only way to see what's shielding them, and to experiment in a reasonable amount of time. It takes too long to get a missile up there and we learned nothing from the failure. There has to be something we can do. Plus, it sounds kind of fun."

I'd never really dreamed of being an astronaut, but space was cool, I wouldn't pass up the chance to go up there now that I had a good reason to.

Bob got off the phone and said, "It will be here in four hours, along with an astronaut to put it on you and make sure you don't kill yourself."

I thought that a little insulting, but probably accurate.

Then we heard screams outside, and the sounds of gunfire.

Toni said in an alarmed voice, "Shit, they must have traced that test here somehow."

The sound of fire was getting closer, so I casted my sword and armor and made for the door. I could feel about fifteen of them attacking. There were a lot more humans but I wished they were better at magic. We had to protect the warehouse, and I hoped I wasn't stupid for charging them. I stepped into limbo, fifteen to one odds means it was time to cheat.

The first one I came up to I blinked back to the Earth side a moment before my sword went through his shield and into his neck, the next step I was hidden again. I took about three out that way, but the humans were still losing, and the fae were still gaining ground.

There were still ten left when I stepped out and took my fourth head. This time I stayed out, hoping to give them a target and slow them down... hopefully without dying. I got close to the next one when I was hit by a jeep and slammed into the wall of another building.

That was such a bad idea.

I slipped into limbo and started to snipe them again with my sword. I got two more when they reached the warehouse. I growled in frustration. I knew I didn't have a chance at stopping them but I was still pissed off. I teleported into the warehouse long enough to grab Abby, Toni, Mike and Bob, and then I got us out of there with my magic.

Mike glared at me as if it was my fault, and then got on the phone.

Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,998 Followers