Necromancer Chronicles Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,999 Followers

They were safe here for now in that way, the whole house was covered after all. I also gave my new recruits the standard orders for my protection, and then left Allie's body returning to my own. I was too late to save them, I hadn't had enough time.

Celane held me as I sobbed, and whispered promises that it would be okay. I just didn't see how that could be true, but then, I wasn't a seer.

When I calmed down, I told her about Sue inviting me for dinner and all that. I explained though Sue might want more than I was prepared to give because of what Celane and I shared. I also told her how hard it had been to let Jeremy go, how tempting the power was. I wondered if I was too greedy already having forty vampires, twenty fae, thirteen humans, seven witches, two liches and a sorcerer. The rest of the two hundred eighty were just ghosts and normal zombies.

I wouldn't let them go though, not even the witches who had been forced to join them. They had other options, could have gone to other humans for help. They chose their side, pushed toward it or not. Maybe I would reconsider after this silent war, but the rest of them were mine until I died.

To be fair, the number was so large because that's how many people tried to kill me, or went after people I defended. Despite the temptation I'd had the strength to let Jeremy go.

Celane said, "You should go tomorrow and have a good time at Sue's house. We're stuck for now if we don't want the bosses to go underground and hide. They'll never make a mistake if we kill more of them unless it's necessary. I think we'll have some breathing room. After today I doubt they will send more here unless they all come."

I frowned, "Sue? I like her but... what about us?"

I was confused, weren't we together?

Celane answered in a reassuring tone, "Nothing has changed between us Kat. I only showed you one of my visions you know, keep your heart open, we will be sharing with more than just Sue if you do. We are both destined to find others, all together the love flowing in all directions. But that won't happen if you keep your heart closed to the possibility."

I frowned, I wasn't sure I could share Celane, even if she could share me. Although that wasn't exactly what she said, apparently if Sue got together with me that would eventually include Celane as well. More of an everyone loves everyone thing. I shook my head at the idea there would be others as well. I'd try not to worry about it until it happened, I wasn't so sure it was a good idea to worry about the future and try and plan around what she saw.

Isn't that why their world was destroyed in the end? It was a self fulfilling prophecy because they all panicked over a seer's vision. I'd just live my life, and try to be open but the choices were mine... and hers for that matter. After all, I didn't love Celane because of a vision she saw, I loved her because of who and what she was.

Speaking of love, I felt very safe and loved in her arms. I lifted my head and started nibbling on her neck as I rubbed against her like a cat in heat. I was very horny now that the rush of battle was fading. I wouldn't be doing much thinking at all for a while as she pulled me up into a heated kiss...

Chapter 9 - Jeremy

I wouldn't have thought a ghost could feel shock. But as I died, and then watched Bell fade away, it just didn't seem real. Even though I'd made the conscious decision to save Bell, by dying, I wanted to deny it. I didn't regret it, I just wish it wasn't true.

I stood... floated? I floated there and watched while Katrina ripped through them with ease. She wasn't in the same body, but I knew it was her somehow. In a straight fight Bell and I would have stood a chance against five witches and seven humans, but Katrina had come in like a tsunami of death. She killed them and enslaved them all. It made me wonder why she wanted our help in the first place, maybe I was right. Maybe she was just lonely. Outside of Bell I could relate to that.

I hadn't even considered I was in danger as a ghost until she was gone. Foolish perhaps, but like I said, I was in shock and denial.

I laughed though, a little darkly when she left. Perhaps it had been a good thing I hadn't run. I had watched my enemies die, and I had found out the truth of Katrina. We should have trusted her. Perhaps I'd still be alive if we had.

So what now? I could feel the pull of the other side. It was subtle, but it promised peace, rest, and even new life. But I could also feel the anger burning in my stomach, the sadness of loss. Bell was immortal, if I crossed over... I would never see her again. Perhaps when she finally died, or more accurately, was killed, I would see her again. But that was a faint hope.

I was also afraid, it promised peace. How could I have peace without her with me? What would happen if I gave in to the growing urge to just let go. I'd been fighting and running for a long time. Would I even remember who I was, or would everything change? Would I be reborn?

Maybe it wasn't too late. If Katrina would work with me I could get the revenge I desired on our enemies, and just maybe get Bell back in the bargain. Of course, to do that I'd have to let myself be enslaved, though the fact Katrina just let me go spoke well of her, I would still be under her power. I frowned, it wouldn't be forever though, just another century or so.

It seemed like a small price to see Bell again, to have a body, to get revenge. To live a lifetime with the woman I loved. But it was still a risk, I could be enslaved and not get any of that.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the witch's house we'd lived in for a day. It was my strongest memory of the city we were in. I knew ghosts could travel great distances by thought, so I tried to figure out how that was done. I imagined being there, the feel of the place. When I opened my eyes I was there. That was easier than I'd expected.

I didn't feel any ghosts close by, assuming I even could. I thought any I found would probably be hers already. From what I knew of necromancers, ghosts tended to avoid them. I smiled sardonically as I was doing the opposite. I walked toward the front door and stopped.

I had as yet not touched anything solid, and knew I wouldn't be able to and had been instinctually avoiding it. I guess I was still partly in denial, because I didn't want to see my body pass through anything solid. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and walked through the door out into the sunlight.

I wasn't sure how long I walked, I thought it would be easy but I didn't see one ghost. Could they be avoiding me? I remember Hope telling me about limbo, but I wasn't sure how to make the transition, I could still feel the peace of the other side calling me, I didn't want to screw up and cross over by accident.

I could still feel magic around me, and as I walked I found a large group of vampires. I went in the house, of course they couldn't see me. I felt like an idiot when I spoke to the empty air.

"Hello, any other ghosts around?"

I was sure I'd be blushing if I still had a flesh and blood body. I saw one appear though, she looked me over then shook her head.

"You should move on you know, but if you really want to I'll take you to Katrina."

I furrowed my brow, "How..."

She said, "It's written all over you. Both loss and desire for revenge. Are you sure?"

I nodded and she held out her hand.

As soon as I took it I felt disoriented and I was suddenly standing in a den. There was a desk with a laptop on it, a number of bookshelves filled with books. I also saw a fae sitting at the desk. She was petite and attractive with long light blonde hair. But I hardly noticed as I stared at the gorgeous young woman with reddish blonde hair. She was extremely attractive, cute, and undeniably beautiful. I was confused for a second until I felt her power. I felt drawn to it and at the same time it made me want to run.

The woman said neutrally, "One last time, are you sure?"

I was staring at her like an idiot as I put it all together. This was actually Katrina, neither of the bodies I had seen her in before were. I also realized she was talking to me earlier, not the ghost. I was also trying to put what I knew about her, ruthless with her enemies and very powerful, into this very cute woman. Even her voice was cute. No wonder she wore the lich to a fight, she looked helpless and I had the urge to protect her.

I knew though, that it was me that needed her.

I nodded slowly, "I want revenge, and I want time with Bell. I'm sorry I didn't trust you earlier, but I'm hoping I am right now, that you won't abuse my trust."

She raised her brow archly, "Really? So what do you expect? That I will set you up with a life and hide you? It will not come free. I will not abuse your trust, but I will order you to protect me always, and never do anything that could lead to my harm. I'll also expect your service beyond your need for revenge, but I will promise not to force you to do anything you would find wrong.

"In other words I won't be making you sacrifice children or anything stupid like that. I will take into account your needs and even your opinions, but the bottom line is I am in charge and you will do what I say for the gift I offer. Does that seem reasonable to you? I'd be giving you what you wanted; surely it would be worth the price."

I frowned; I hadn't thought it through that far. She was right. I couldn't expect her to gift me with a physical body, life, and the opportunity to be with Bell for free. It was a gift beyond price in my eyes, and many would give much for the chance to live again.

"Yes, of course."

She smiled mysteriously as I felt her magic reach out and invasively tether itself to my very soul. The thought of it hadn't been too bad, but I had no idea what I was really asking until that moment. I was hers; she held my very existence in the palm of her hand. Not just my life, my very soul. Any freedom of thought or action was now at her whim and sufferance. I prayed that I had judged her correctly. The fact she had left me behind, and asked me if I was sure three times did make me feel a lot better.

She sent those orders she mentioned to me through the link, they settled without any struggle. It had been my intention to protect her, if she died so would I. Betraying her would be betraying myself, but I couldn't blame her for the commands, most of my free will was left intact, and she hadn't invaded my mind either.

She said softly, "Come, I could craft you a similar body but I'm sure you want one exactly like your old one."

Curiously I followed her down the hallway, down the stairs into the basement. We followed a long hallway that opened up into a small room with four fae standing in the corners. She didn't speak that I could see, yet the fae all sent power into the symbols on the floor and a gate opened. When we walked through I found myself where I had died, back in the basement.

I followed her across the room, to the ground where I died. I didn't know what she planned but it looked hopeless. There was blood, and maybe a few strips of flesh, the rest had been destroyed by the magic. I turned and looked at Katrina as I felt her draw power. She glowed with her magic and nearly took my breath away with her power and beauty. Embarrassed at my thoughts, and not a little ashamed I desired Katrina when I needed to focus on getting Bell back, I turned back to my bloodstain and gasped.

She must have been using my blood DNA as a template somehow. I watched as a body was slowly built right in front of me. It didn't take long, and I was looking at a perfect copy of my body, but I was without blemish or scarring. Then I felt her power take me and I bonded into the body. I could feel a small constant trickle of her necromantic power coming to me through the bond connecting my soul to her, I realized after a moment that was what gave this body life.

I frowned, that wasn't exactly right either. It was more a circle. The bond moved in both directions. She drew necromantic power through my soul from the afterlife, then it came back to me and gave my body life.

I opened my eyes and looked up. I could feel my magic as well but it was weak right now, drained. I got up carefully and practically jumped off the floor.

Kat looked amused for a moment and said, "You're a revenant now, you'll have to get used to your new speed and strength. You're a little faster and much stronger than a vampire, so be careful until you get the hang of it."

I noticed her eyes flick downward for a second and she looked back up at me and blushed before turning away. I was happy to see I wasn't the only one with an attraction, but I couldn't really think about that right now. I found my dagger and my other protection amulets. I wouldn't need the healing one anymore for myself, if I took body damage Katrina would restore my body with power. But it could come in handy again for Bell if she was hurt, or even Katrina, although it was empty right now.

Katrina asked patiently, "You got everything?"

When I nodded she took me back through the portal, where the fae from upstairs held out some clothes for me.

"I'm Celane. If you need anything let me know."

It was my turn to blush when Celane deliberately checked me out. I had to admit I was above average, but I wasn't a porn star freak show either at just about eight inches. I quickly put on my clothes. When I was finished Celane winked and turned away. This place was going to be interesting.

Katrina said, "Follow me," in a pleasant tone and led me back out into the hallway.

At the next door she ordered, "Don't ever go in here, the witches do their spells and make their potions in there, they get upset if their sanctum is invaded."

She led me down to the next door and opened it. It was an eight by eight room with blank white walls and a cement floor.

"This room is yours for any magic work. You can use this room to summon Bell, or any other rituals you might need to do."

She showed me upstairs and into the kitchen, "Feel free to eat if you want. You don't have to of course, but a few of my revenants do just for the pleasure of it. It's hard to give up food. Plus, I like to have company when I eat."

She took me down the hall and up the stairs and showed me to a bedroom. It was gender neutral but very nice with a large red oak dresser and bed frame, it also had its own bathroom and a walk in closet.

"You don't sleep anymore, but you need a place of your own if only to store your clothes and get some privacy. There are other obvious reasons," she said as her eyes moved to the bed, "I'll give you time to summon Bell and get your stuff in order, but if you have any questions come to me or Celane."

She turned to go but then turned back, "I almost forgot, you're only covered in the house right now, I'll let you know when the fae's enchantment against distance viewing and mind reading is in effect on your person. It shouldn't take too long. Bell will have to wait as well when she gets here."

She turned to leave it was my turn to stop her.

I said softly, "Katrina."

She turned and looked at me and I said with feeling, "Thank you."

She smiled at me, "You're welcome. But I didn't do it just for you. You'll be very helpful to me in the future..."

She trailed off as if she had more to say, but decided not to.

I nodded, "That doesn't mean I don't feel thankful."

She nodded and left. My head turned as she walked down the hallway. I could feel exactly where she was and it was a little strange but I was sure I'd get used to it. I looked around the room one more time then left for the den. I had a job to do. Celane looked up and smiled at me as if she knew me already. It was a little disconcerting, but seeing a welcoming face made me feel better at the same time.

I asked, "I could use a few things. I need five candles, chalk, and salt. I could also use a few blank amulets like this one."

I pulled the amulet out of my shirt, I would need to make a new one for power storage after blowing up the old one.

She said, "Of course, I'll show you where the supplies are."

Celane led me to the basement, and we turned the other direction and she led me to a storage room filled with rows of shelving. There were thousands of candles of different colors, chalk, bowls, and other magical aids. In short everything I would ever need. There were also herbs and other stuff that only the witches would use. It was pretty impressive.

I gathered everything I needed for the ritual and thanked Celane who just waved that away.

Celane said encouragingly, "Good luck," as she left the room.

I walked down the hall and locked my ritual room and got to work without delay. I was excited but pushed it down as I tirelessly drew the complex designs of the containment circle. I had died which broke our contract, I would have to forge a new one and I planned to make it the same as last time. Bound together to share power, but she would be free otherwise. It would base it on a free relationship and our love; otherwise she could back out whenever she wanted.

It took me hours to get it all finished, but with this new body I felt neither fatigued nor sore. I closed the circle with salt and a little of the power I had by cutting my palm with my dagger and sprinkling my blood into the circle. I chanted the words ending with Bell's true name and then I held my breath and waited.

I watched as the circle filled with smoky shadow and formed into Bell. She looked at me with disbelief.

I smiled and my voice throbbed with emotion, "I love you Bell."

She looked over me carefully and narrowed her eyes, "What did you do?"

I replied, "What I had to. What I needed to do to get you back, and to take my revenge. I went to Katrina..."

Her frown grew deeper but as I told my story, about how she didn't take me when she could have, and about what followed the rest of the day. Her eyes softened slightly.

Bell said in a resigned tone, "I'm just worried for you, worried for your soul. But yes, of course we have a contract, I could never leave you if there was a chance we could be together and happy. I also add to the contract that I will not harm Katrina, though I don't promise to like her."

I voiced agreement and felt the connection open up between us again. The circle broke and I found myself being kissed fiercely. I wrapped my arms around her, one hand cupping the back of her neck as I kissed back even harder.

Bell asked a little breathlessly, "You said you have a bedroom?"

I nodded and sent her the feel of it and what it looked like through our link and I was covered with her shadows and we disappeared, reappearing upstairs. Suddenly I felt her naked body against mine. I neither knew nor cared where our clothes had ended up. She kissed me demandingly and I returned it with desperation. We were both overcome by desire and lust, our love demanding we join, to reassure ourselves that we were still together, and still alive.

There was the feel of her body, the feel of her touching me, and the feel of her smooth skin under my fingertips. Nothing else mattered to me but that and the scent of her in my arms, and the taste of her lips and skin. She was the center and focus of my universe. She mewled in need and broke the kiss and crawled onto the bed, with her head turned and looking back, her ass waving in invitation.

Bell said with a sultry growl, "Come put that cock in me now Jeremy."

I usually liked more foreplay, but neither of us could wait anymore as I joined her on the bed and grabbed her hips, and roughly pushed into her tight moist heaven from behind. I grabbed and squeezed her ass cheeks and slapped once hard as I started to pound into her.

She started to buck back and said breathlessly, "Jeremy, that's it, take me with that big cock. Spank me."

Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,999 Followers