New Girl in Town Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Uh yeah," Staci answers. "I thought you knew that."

"I heard Jamie say it once but I thought he was just being an asshole." She tells her.

"He probably was being an asshole but it's true. Jake even asked Ray why he was coming to a virgin to ask him about sex." Staci explains then stops at the stairwell. "I need to get to class."

"Same but this conversation is far from over." Jessica tells her.

"Duh," Staci says then hugs Jessica before disappearing into the crowd heading upstairs.

****

Leeann and Dean are waiting by the desk she shares with Jake when Jessica enters Biology.

"We saw the video," Dean explains. "How's Jake?"

"Did he have to go home or something? Is that why they called him to the office?" Leeann asks.

"I don't know why he got called to the office but as far as I know it wasn't to go home. And all he keeps saying is that he's sore." She answers in reverse order.

"I'd think that's the least he is," Dean states. "I've seen car crashes that weren't as brutal as that hit looked."

"I couldn't believe it when I heard that he was here today after seeing it," Leeann shares. Before she continues the bell rings and Mrs. Harper calls the class to order.

"Good afternoon class, we're going to have a quick quiz today to see how you're all picking up the material we're covering." Mrs. Harper explains as she hands a stack of quizzes to the people seated at the front desks. "Take one and pass them back. You all have ten minutes to complete it and as always no talking please."

Jessica finishes the quiz just under five minutes and puts her pencil down. Mrs. Harper notices and walks over.

"Finished already Jessica," She asks looking over the paper.

"Yes ma'am," Jessica answers.

Mrs. Harper plucks her red pen from behind her ear and studies Jessica's answers.

"Show your work here," Mrs. Harper tells her quietly. Jessica quickly scribbles out how she came to her answer and Mrs. Harper jots down an A on her paper. As she's making her way back to the front of the class, the door open and Jake walks in.

"Sorry I'm late Mrs. Harper," I tell her as I hand her the note from the office.

"Are you feeling all right Jake," She asks after looking over the note.

"I'm getting there," I answer.

"Quiz," She says handing me an extra one.

"Thank you ma'am," I answer as I take it and head to my seat.

As I get myself situated in my seat Jessica whispers, "Why'd they call you to the office?"

"In a sec," I whisper.

"Jake," she warns.

"They wanted me to know that yes, the whole school saw the video and that they had suspended Jamie for a week."

"A week," Jessica nearly shouts drawing every head in the room to look at us.

"Jessica is there a problem," Mrs. Harper asks.

"Yes ma'am there is but I apologize for my outburst," Jessica states.

As I begin to take the quiz, Mrs. Harper's curiosity about one of her best student's strange behavior causes her to walk over to our desk.

"What is the problem Jessica," She asks. "I thought you and Jake were... good."

"Oh no, we're great Mrs. Harper it's just... I'm sure that you saw the video that was sent out to everyone this morning." Jessica asks.

"I did," She answers then looks at me. "I'm frankly a bit surprised that you're here today Jake."

"Couldn't miss my favorite class," I answer and give her a grin.

"I'm sure Ms. Simpson appreciates your dedication," She quips. "As long as I'm your second favorite, I can live with that."

"Yes ma'am," I answer and go back to my quiz.

"Jake just told me that they only suspended Jamie for a week for that hit. Only a week," Jessica answers. "It caught me by surprise."

"Understandable," Mrs. Harper pats her shoulder. "Frankly that is quite surprising but maybe not when all things are taken into consideration. Let's just keep the volume down so Jake and the others can finish their quizzes."

"I'm finished," I answer sliding my paper towards her.

"Of course you are Jake," She sighs as she begins looking over my answers. After a couple of moments pass, she jots down an A on my paper. "You know that there would be four of you in here ruining the grading curve if I could Leeann and Dean to stop making goo-goo eyes at one another for a few minutes straight during class."

"I guess you can blame me for that Mrs. Harper," Jessica tells her. "I was seated with Leeann until I saw Jake come in and sit by himself."

"It seems to be working out pretty well for all involved." She states then excuses herself to collect the other quizzes.

"That it does," Jessica answers with a smile.

****

"Wow, I'm surprised that actually did anything to Jamie," Leeann states as she and Dean join Jessica and I out in the hallway after class.

"How can you say such a thing Leeann," Jessica asks.

"This is football town Jessica," Dean tells her.

"Okay," Jessica says confused.

"It's long and complicated to explain," I tell her.

"Try," She tells me.

"Good luck with that Jake," Leeann says then gives me a hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Thanks sweetie," I answer.

"If you need anything, you let me know," Ray says and I thank him as well before Jessica and I head off towards Art class.

"Now's a good time to start explaining," Jessica tells me but before I can launch into the explanation someone calls out my name.

"I've been looking all over for you Jake," Somer Douglas, head cheerleader, says as she walks up to us. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel like if I use the word sore again it'll lose all meaning but it's the only one that fits," I answer.

"Ooo, you should join us over at Staci's place after school. Her mom put in a hot tub after her divorce and she let's us girls use it all the time." Somer explains. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you joined us."

I hear a weird grinding noise start up beside me but it doesn't appear the Somer hears it. "I'm not sure how Ray would feel about that." I answer.

"And trying to get into a slippery hot tub with your one arm is terrible idea." Jessica points out as she sizes up the shorter, bleach blonde cheerleader.

"Oh I'd be there to help him in and out." Somer answers with a smile.

"I'll just bet that you would," Jessica grumbles.

"Well let me give you my number just in case you want to meet up with us over there." Somer says ignoring Jessica's comment.

"Oh sorry, Somer was it? Jake's phone is in his bag," Jessica chimes in. "I guess you'll have to give it to him some other time."

"Oh," Somer says then smiles and pulls out a pen. She grabs my good hand and jots down her number on my palm then gives Jessica a smile. "It's a little old school I know but it still works."

"I guess it does," I answer looking down at my hand.

"Call me," she states before turning on her heel and heading off down the hallway.

"Call me," Jessica mimics sarcastically and I can't help but laugh as we enter our classroom.

"I guess you can't be hurting too much if you're laughing like that Jake," Coach Pennington states.

"They say that laughter is the best medicine. I think that whoever they are lied." I tell him.

"Mr. Pennington, do you have any kind of wet wipes at your desk?" Jessica asks.

"There should be some in the bottom drawer on the left," He tells her then turns back to me. "I heard about Jamie's suspension."

"I thought as much. Has my football locker been cleaned out by Coach Yates yet?" I ask.

"Why would he clean out your locker?" Jessica asks as she begins to wipe Somer's number from my hand.

"That's what happens when you get kicked off the team," I explain as Jessica scrubs hard at the ink.

"He's not kicking you from the team Jake. It wouldn't look good for him to toss a winning quarterback out before the season can start. The team already looks bad enough with the way Jamie blindsided you after the play. I put a call into the State Athletic Commission to find out why that hit wasn't flagged as well. I'm waiting to hear back." Coach Pennington explains then looks at my hand where Jessica is still rubbing away. "I think you got whatever it was Jessica."

"I wanted to be very thorough." She tells us.

"And then some," I joke.

"You had better take your seat before something else gets sore Jake," Jessica warns me before heading to the table she shares with Shelly.

"Any idea what that was all about," I ask Bobby as I take my seat. When he doesn't answer, I see that he's got his nose stuck in his phone. "Dude, if it's that good you should really think about sharing."

"Huh," He replies after a second then looks up. "Oh yeah, hey Jake, how's it going?"

"Not as good as it is with you it seems," I answer. "Are you all right?"

"More than all right," He answers. "Marybeth gave me her number at lunch. We were texting each other and it looks like we're gonna see about getting together this weekend."

"Hey congratulations Bobby, I'd say that it's about time but I'm too happy for you to be an asshole." I say giving him a smile.

"And I owe it all to Jessica. You gotta help me think up a way to thank her," He tells me.

"Candy maybe," I answer.

"Not flowers," He asks.

"I went the flowers route to thank her." I explain then smile thinking of the kiss those lilies got me.

"From the look on your face they must have worked," Bobby chuckles noticing the dreamy look one my face.

"Yeah, I'll probably have to get her some more now to apologize." I sigh.

"Oh shit, what did you do now," He sighs.

"Nothing," I answer. "I was just walking to class and Somer Douglas came up and gave me her number. Jess was not happy with that."

"Whoa, back the fucking truck up for a second Jake," Bobby says. "Huge chested, perfect assed, head cheerleader, Somer Douglas gave you her number?"

"For a very brief moment," I tell him as I look down at my very clean hand and smile.

****

"I guess Staci didn't explain away that little kiss well enough to you huh Jess," Shelly asks as Jessica takes her seat.

"What makes you say that?" Jessica asks.

"Because of that look on your face," Shelly answers.

"That has nothing to do with Staci," Jessica explains.

"I feel sorry for whoever it does have to do with then," Caitlyn Henshaw, a junior and fellow volleyball player that shares their table states.

Jessica allows herself to smile at the auburn haired girl for a moment. "I'm just being ridiculous guys," She tells them.

"I'll say," Shelly states. "I don't think Jake's hand has ever been cleaned so thoroughly before. What was that about?"

"Some cheerleader walked up and gave Jake her number out in the hallway on the way here. She wrote the damn thing on his hand right in front of me when I told her that his phone was in his pack and we couldn't get to it." Jessica explains.

"Wow," Caitlyn simply says.

"That was a bitch move Jessica," Shelly states.

"I know right," Jessica nods.

"I meant on your part." Shelly clarifies angrily. "Look, you're my friend and I understand that you don't think that you want a relationship right now but just because you don't, that doesn't give you the right to deny Jake one. It's not fair to him."

"But she's..." Jessica begins to defend.

"Not you," Caitlyn asks.

"That's not what I was going to say," Jessica tells her then turns to Shelly.

"Save it," Shelly tells her.

"Shelly, I..."

"I said save it Jessica," Shelly reiterates dismissively.

Jessica looks away from her and back to the front of classroom. She watches Jake, laughing at something Bobby is saying, for several moments before turning back to Shelly.

"I'll fix it Shelly. I promise."

****

A few minutes before the final bell rings, I approach Coach Pennington's desk.

"What's up Jake," He asks.

"It's time I do something I think is really dumb," I tell him then nod towards Jessica's table.

He gives a smile then turns and opens the cabinet to his right. He takes out my drawing of Jessica and chuckles as he hands it over. "I think it's going to go way better than you think it will." He tells me.

"Just be ready to call the nurse down here when she punches me out," I tell him before heading towards her table.

Shelly is the first to look up when I get to their table.

"Problem Jake," She asks causing the other two too look up.

"I uh... I need to show Jessica something." I stammer then lay the drawing on the table before I lose my nerve.

"Oh wow," Caitlyn says looking at the paper.

"Yeah, wow Jake," Shelly adds.

"That's really good Jake," Jessica says oblivious to the fact that she's looking at herself.

"So you like it," I ask trying my best to hide my grin.

She nods. "It's really good. I don't know why you had to show it to me but it's really good."

"He's showing you because it's you, you goof," Caitlyn blurts out and begins to laugh.

"Me," Jessica asks confused then looks back at the drawing.

Shelly sighs and whips out her phone. "Well you aren't vain, that's for sure. Now just hold still a second Jessica," She orders her. She then snaps a quick picture at nearly the same angle and hands Jessica her phone. "See," She asks.

"Oh... oh wow," Jessica says looking from Shelly's phone to the drawing and back.

"Damn, you can draw more than pretty flowers after all huh Jake," Bobby states having been drawn to the table by the commotion.

"I try," I answer him then turn to Jessica. "This is what Coach Pennington wants to enter into the art fair and I wanted your permission before telling him that it was okay. Plus we're into this whole sharing thing now so... yeah."

"Um, sure, I guess he can enter it," she answers.

"Really because you don't sound sure," Shelly asks.

"You hate it," I state frowning.

"No, no I love it! It's beautiful... I mean... God now I sound vain calling a drawing of myself beautiful." Jessica states.

"It is though. Beautiful I mean not vain," Caitlyn assures her.

"Well she hasn't punched you out yet," Coach Pennington says joining the group. "I'm taking that as a good sign."

"I think she's still in shock. Give her another minute." I tell him.

"I'm not punching you and yes, I think it's great," Jessica tells us.

"So I can enter it in the art fair then," Coach Pennington asks. "I've got until midweek to decide if you need more time to sigh off on it."

"Of course you can, I'd be honored." Jessica tells him. "I just wish my parents could see it."

"The fair is open to parents Jessica. They can come to the school to see it and I'll make sure it gets back to Jake or you afterwards," Coach Pennington assures her.

"Really," She asks. "That'd be great!"

"You can always take a pic of it for them with your phone Jess," Bobby suggests.

"Oh yeah," Jessica says then lines up a shot.

"With your own phone maybe Jess," Shelly laughs.

Jessica looks at the phone and realizes that she still has Shelly's in her hand. "Duh," She laughs then begins to hand it back but Shelly stops her.

"Hey, I need a pic of it too. My mom loves seeing her nephew's artwork." Shelly tells her.

"She wasn't a fan of the one we drew on your wall," I point out.

"We were five Jake and you used too much purple," Shelly states.

"It was my Prince phase," I joke garnering groans from the table.

"Jess, please snap the pic before he says something even worse than that," Shelly pleads.

Jessica snaps the pic then before she can reach for her phone, Caitlyn passes hers over.

"One for me too please," she says with a giggle.

"You're not related to these two too are you Caitlyn," Jessica asks as she accepts her role as photographer.

"Third cousin," I answer.

"Fourth," Caitlyn clarifies then turns to Jessica.

"It's a small town Jess," Bobby explains to Jessica.

She snaps a pic with Caitlyn's phone then turns to me. "I suppose you want me to take one for you too," she laughs.

"Nah, I've got this," I tell her then click a picture of her instead of the drawing. Her smile widens and the flush on her cheeks deepens another shade but she pulls out her phone and clicks off a couple of pics of the drawing.

"You know that once I show this to Sarah, she's going to want you to do one of her," She tells me.

"I guess that the next tea party is going to be a portrait session too huh," I ask.

"You'd better believe it." Jessica answers. "Tea party, portrait session, homework and if you're good I might get my mom to toss in dinner too. You might have to pack and overnight bag just to get it all done."

****

After class lets out we're met in the hallway by Roxie and a few moments later Jody who notices something off with Shelly.

"Whoa, what did I walk into," Jody asks.

"What do you mean," Jessica asks.

"Well everyone is all smiles except for Shelly and that rarely happens." Jody explains.

Jessica looks at Shelly and then her smile fades. "She's pissed at me and for good reason." She explains.

"She is," everyone seems to ask at once.

Jessica nods and turns to me. "Jake, I'm sorry about the thing with Somer's number. I'll go find her right now, explain that I'm the reason you lost it and get it for you again."

"Somer Douglas," Jody asks.

"The very one," Bobby answers her.

"Why in the hell would that big titted bitch give Jake her number?" Roxie asks.

"Roxie," Shelly admonishes.

"It's pretty obvious Roxie," Jessica says.

"Why is it so obvious Jessica," Roxie counters and smiles.

The smile tells Jessica that she walked right into a trap and Roxie just sprung it shut. She wonders for a moment how she can get out of this but then decides that the truth is probably best.

"Jake is an amazing guy and people are finally starting to take notice." She answers shocking everyone then turns to me. "She's probably at cheerleader practice, right? I'll go there before volleyball practice starts."

"Volleyball practice is starting," I ask as an image of Jessica in her uniform pops into my head and I get a dreamy smile that Jessica notices. She tries to hide her smile as she nods.

"Our first match is in two weeks." She explains.

"Two weeks... from today," I ask and when she nods, I pull out my cell phone.

Jessica reaches for it. "If you wait for me by the gym I'll get this to you after practice." She tells me.

"Why do you want my phone," I ask.

"To put Somer's number in it for you," she answers sounding confused.

"Who cares about Somer's number? I have to make an event on my calendar so I don't miss your first match." I tell her. Jessica's eyes go wide and her mouth drops open as I create the event and save it. "Now, we both need to get to practice though I'm sure mine will only be me getting ripped a new one by Coach Yates. You can't beat the first team without paying the price."

I start to walk away but Bobby calls out, "Do you even have a ride home dummy?"

"Yeah, you," I call back. "It's not like you've got somewhere to be."

"I gotta text Marybeth dude," He answers.

"That doesn't require you to leave the school Bobby," I point out.

"He's got a ride Bobby," Jessica states. "I'll wait for you at the gym entrance and if I'm not there come find me in the gym. Before you even asks, no, I will not be in my volleyball outfit. I'll be in sweats."

"I wasn't going to ask. Hope maybe but not ask," I tell her. "I was going to ask if you are sure that it's okay with your folks that they give me a ride home."

"Dad will do anything if it gets him another chance to look at your car," Jessica assures me.

"As long as you're sure," I nod. "See you then, I guess."

Shelly shakes her head and puts her arm around Jessica's shoulders. "You know, you're a lot like him. You both make it impossible to stay mad at you." She says with a laugh.

"So we're good?" Jessica asks.

"We're all good, right guys," Shelly asks the group.

"Good," Jody answers.

"Good," Roxie confirms then when Bobby says nothing she looks over and sees his nose stuck in his phone so she smacks his arm. "Bobby!"