All Comments on 'New Life in a New World Ch. 01'

by johneb87

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
PhxSamuraiPhxSamuraiabout 12 years ago
Great Start

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see where this goes!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing!

I can't wait for more chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love it

Just read the title. I absolutely love this story and can't wait for another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
loved it loved it loved it... more please!

An amazing start... Seriously had me wanting more

Lien_GellerLien_Gellerabout 12 years ago
Woohoo!

Love stories like this and this sure seems to be off to a good start! Well done and keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

The story is amazing so far I enjoy the descriptive nature of it but also how reality mixes with fantasy its a really good story waiting for more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cool

this is a pretty awesome story. the plot flows along great, and its so detailed, i can actually picture the world you are creating. cant wait till chapter 2!

CsharpeCsharpeabout 12 years ago
Great Story

Great story - keep it coming!

mavir9mavir9about 12 years ago
Fantastic

Like all previous comments this is a great story can't wait for the next set. Keep up the good work. Don't take to long, thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

u should take time and build up the stories to like 10 pgs just like blazing glory. good story like the special forces stuff and somewhat inuyasha like.

ShadwNinjaXShadwNinjaXabout 12 years ago
Very nice!

I knew they would like your story. Taking your time and putting a lot of effort into this story has made something for many others to enjoy. Be proud that many already like it so well! Look forward to seeing more chapters from you and helping you with any issues or concerns you have! Again, very nice!

MizTMizTabout 12 years ago
Detailed

You have done what I think is something very hard to do. Been descriptive. I can't think of a detail you didn't mention. It's those details that help my brain frame in the story. The more detail I have the more the story plays in front of me. And this story certainly fits that bill. I can't wait to see where you go next.

btw, congrats on your first submission to Lit. Hopeffully only the first of many to come here on Lit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
John (Flesh) Carter

Good yarn if not terribly original. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing

One of the best stories i have read on this site keep it up

zia27zia27about 12 years ago
5 stars

Well done. Eagerly waiting for the next chapter

johneb87johneb87about 12 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Holy Crap!!!! I guess it's safe to say that the response to this story exceeded my expectations. Thank you everyone for your kind words, suggestions and support. I am glad that you enjoyed this story.

I will be flying home tonight and will promptly begin work on chapter 2. I won't say exactly how long it will take because I want to make sure that I deliver a story that you will all enjoy. I will try to post status updates in my bio. Thank you again and I hope you enjoy what's to come. =)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing!

Very descriptive and intensely satisfying. I love the original concept and I cannot wait to see what is in store for the characters! Did I mention it was super sexy?

maxx308maxx308about 12 years ago
5 Stars

for the start of what looks to be a very good story. Hoping to see many more chapters soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good writing

Enjoyed this part of the story and look forward to other submissions. You have talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
amazing

amazing story , i can't wait to read the next chapter , you truly have talent and in my own opinion you should try a career in romance novels

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
wow

what a story, i'm completely hooked already :)

ElvenTempestarii621ElvenTempestarii621about 12 years ago
A simply great story

A good story with alot of petential and I hope to see a continuation of it. That said it is clearly as if taken from an animé and while that is not a bad thing per sé I personally think an animé or manga would have been more suited a medium than a written story.

ElvenTempestarii621ElvenTempestarii621about 12 years ago
Also...

I'd like to add I'm thankful that you contribute to the almost non-existant werewolf bitch genre (that's "bitch" in scientific and not deragatory meaning). You simply do not see enough of these and that bothers me greatly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Great start. I hope you will give us much more chapters of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great start

I enjoyed it, but can't wait to see what happens next!

BlackSaphireBlackSaphireabout 12 years ago
Well well well..

I'm really getting a Skyrim/Avatar vibe from this story, only it's a little more awesome. Seriously though; great work so far, I'm looking forward to where this story goes.

Keep up the good work!

johneb87johneb87almost 12 years agoAuthor
Chapter 2 on its way

There was a bit of a hiccup. The initial upload of Chapter 2 was rejected due to some of the formatting in the document. I have made the corrections and resubmitted. Hopefully there should not be any more issues and it should be posted in a couple of days. I hope you are all looking forward to it. Thanks!

futalov10futalov10almost 12 years ago
Good Job.

Just wanted to say good job on your first posting. I would say it is on par with the "Blaze and glory" storie. I like angle of taking a modern fighter and droping him in a fantice world. I feel it keeps you open for some really fun options. Just want to say good job and keep up the good work. Looking forward to next chapter.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionalmost 12 years ago
Loved it

Logical, inspiring, funny, sexy, full of original creatures. Great story. Thank you.

redskyesredskyesalmost 12 years ago
Good read

Much better than Blaze and Glory, in my opinion. Not that it was bad, but that story had waaaaaay to many exclamation points in it. The only fault I could find in yours was that you used John's name a lot more than was necessary. All in all, a fun read. :)

RisaxRisaxalmost 12 years ago

I liked the idea of this story, modern fighter gets dropped into a fantasy world with his weapons.

Someone from our world ending up in a new one, is not a unique idea.

But John being a part of the military, and having combat experience is. In most of these types of stories the main character has little fighting experience (hand-to-hand combat or something.) to none.

(But it does raise up the question of what John will do once he is out of ammunition.)

The other thing I like is how you reveal tiny bits about John's best to keep us reading, making him a bit of a mystery.

As for the world, the half-lycans and lycans were very interesting. And I can't wait to find out more about them, the things I enjoyed about them though were their arms and armor, and the bath that John takes at Anya.

I'm also curious to find out more about the imps and demons bothering the inhabitants of the world John ended up in, as well as the world in general.

Hopefully some of these questions will be answered in Chapter 2.

5/5 stars, keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
find an editor and resubmit

I genuinely could not read the story. You really should get an editor or someone to proof read your story. The constant repitition of the name John totally destroyed the story. I really hope you mend what should have been a brilliant story.

(do you now understand how annoying it is?)

johneb87johneb87almost 12 years agoAuthor

@ WURS

The overuse of John's name has been brought up before and I have kept that in mind when writing future chapters. As for going back, revising and resubmitting? I probably will at some point. But I have been too busy with writing Chapter 3, work, and other things to revise it now. However if you are offering your services as an editor, then please feel free to shoot me an email.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
LOL

The "(Insert lawyer voice here)" forced me to immediately go to the last page of. The story to comment on it, even before I read the story.

KatieTayKatieTayover 11 years ago

There are some very basic grammar errors sprinkled throughout. I recommend an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dickheads

I love how the people who don't write anything conplain the most 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story

If they have enough problems with the english language that it rendered this one unreadable, it is their problem. Let them post theirs and the rest of us will critique them and see how they fair, lol. Looking forward to the next chapter.

YshomatsuYshomatsuover 11 years ago
Great start to a new story

5. Great start, everyone has a few errors even with an editor helping them out, if we got paid or paid a professional editor then and only then would errors be unexcuseable. Can't wait to ready the rest

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Exciting!

This story shows a lot of promise. I'm excited to read the rest of it!

ELLIMISTELLIMISTover 10 years ago
lol

I didnt know shadwninjax was a editor. Anyways i hope this story can get nearly as good as blazing glory haha

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice beginning!

Hope you continue this story line! I would really like to read more.

VictorDoUrdenVictorDoUrdenabout 10 years ago
Pretty sweet

If you could literally get blown away into another world I'd almost... almost on a molecular level be tempted to either get a purple heart or go to another world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good

Looking for next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
John? Are you sure

I couldn't even get through the first chapter because of how many times you mentioned his dang name! Really? We already knew that his name was John and from then on you could have used he, himself, etc... until you changed to another character. It caused the story to stagger too much for me, so I abandoned all hope. I suggest a diligent editor who's really good with sentence construct, past/present/future tense and adjusting the way you describe physical attributes, which is long winded. The story has loads of potential, you just need assistance. Good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Harsh

Its a good read, I gave it a ofour simply because its a little staggered and a little long winded for the time being. but I love the potential.

FYI, I want to see this guy kick some serious ass. If he is getting added, or even could apply to the special forces, he needs some serious hand to hand skill. the fight was good, but he could have easily handed an ass kicking. true it was a sneak attack so i'm not hampered by it at all.

keep up the work, work on the smooth style to help it flow and know I'm expecting good things

JC

CountdraculaCountdraculaabout 8 years ago
before you start reading stories with sevweral chpters in here,

go directly to the last chapter so you can

check whether the story you are reading is completed or not. that way, you dont have to waiste your time reading incomplete stories. i hate reading incomplete stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story. To bad it is Not finished,

Leaves the reader hanging at the end of chapter 5

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2ualmost 7 years ago
Incomplete after 4 years stop reading

Incomplete after 4 years.

Incomplete stories should be deleted.

Rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
When

You say in your biography that updates are coming, or was it the last chapter you wrote.

Please let us know if you're going to continue further or if this is just another failed attempt to keep a good story going

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 6 years ago
thanks for the warning

Good to know from other readers that the story is incomplete. No point in starting something that doesn't have an ending.

TenouTenoualmost 6 years ago
I'm almost happy that it isn't finished

(Contains Spoiler) Really, the way things were going, it looked almost certain that the wolf girl was going to be captured and raped by the demon in the cave, or even worse, become mind broken and show to the main character while she fucks like an animal

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 3 years ago
Fuckin' M-4's, more American garbage

I remember during the Gulf War aka Desert Shield/Desert Storm they gave us some new firearms to field test called the XM-4. They were to replace our fairly reliable but not overly sand friendly, M-16. These XM-4's were complete pieces of shit that failed consistently at every turn. Just like the earlier M-16's in Vietnam that failed and were nicknamed "The Widowmaker" we called the XM-4 the Widowmaker II.

Colt would send out techs in the field to try everything to get them to stop failing. Hell, at one point, they even tried variations of plastic parts in them. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking because imagine mixing moving metal parts, plastic parts, and sand together and decide how long those plastic parts would last lol.

Eventually, they told us to just put them in our lockers and switch back to the M-16's, which we did. Ironically, nobody came back for them and when our deployment was over, mine was still in my bag when I went home. Now it sits in a case on my wall in my man cave with a sign that says, "In case of an emergency, DON'T break open and use" lol.

So, it was with great disdain when I went over for my first deployment to Iraq in 2002, I was issued an M-4 which I hardly ever used, instead, because of my muscular physique and 6'7" 265 lb frame, I opted to carry an M-249 SAW. Although, the SAW was not without its issues either as I had mine held together on more than one occasion with Duct Tape and I always carried 2 extra barrels with me in my pack. Overall, if I kept it clean it rarely failed in a fire-fight and while the stopping power wasn't overwhelming, the rate of speed during firing easily made up for it.

One other bad thing was the bitching from other guys in the unit that had to help carry the extra ammo for it..... that is until things got hairy and then all of a sudden, EVERYONE (but the enemy), loved "The SAW" lol. In a pinch, you could even use an M-4 Mag in it but then reliability became an issue. I was even known to load and pop off a few Rifle Grenades with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good start. I like the whole end up in another world story and this one was done well, from both his old life to his current one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Maybe I’m strange but after waking up, from what should have been death, to see strange girl I’m not worried about her tit size, cream skin and pretty face. Probably look at clothing hope to get an idea of where she is from.

totostorytotostoryover 2 years ago

For whom who concern, THIS STORY IS NOT COMPLETE STORY, and obviously will never be , the last chapter ch05 isn`t the end of the story, so take that in consideration while reading, anyway back to my opinion of all the five chapters, generally it`s good story but not that great as most comments shown, The author put a lot of effort, it isn`t required a professional to know he`s not a professional author, regarding to a lot points, first he made the same mistake as most even not all the authors they made in the same category, which is the new world in not different as the normal world only a less civilized and he add some monsters then wow!! he build a new world!!!, while almost the normal world politic, building style, inn, drinks , culture, expressions, and even the sex , all things are the same, and honestly I don`t care because I already expected that , the second the MC adapted to that new world so fast like he lived in there all his life (because he already know about it from fairy tales stories in his original world )!!, the important things to me his connection with the females and the love story, sexual tension which supposed to lead to great passion sex scene; ok it was good especially by made a lot POV, but I felt it was a bit rush and all the sex scenes was good but it is like when you press speedx2 and they're almost the same actions like a robot and there wasn`t much enough dirty talks and the teasing , the Author put a lot of other unnecessary details that descripted locations in order to makes it more graphic , while he can it graphic by short sentence without losing the same meaning, also the back story which he could put it in one paragraph in brief especially that intermittent paragraphs weren`t related to the following In order to save his detailed sentences to the sex scenes and the relations, and battles (the battles were good BTW). On the other hand chapter by chapter the writing was improved but it was lazy writing as well, even the twists were predictable, I am not an author but I read a lot, that is why I think it is overrated story, as I said good but not great, mot even I will miss that the rest of it, as there is nothing unique or new about it, not to mention it`s not complete. Thanks anyway

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ok!! I get it. His name is John FFS. You don't need to mention his name every 2 sentences. We all know who you're talking about, especially when he's alone.

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951over 1 year ago

this story ends abruptly in mid story. I was warned to stop reading but it was readable so I continued to the bitter end. I'm sorry I didn't head the warning. don't want your time read someone else's story's.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This was a good premise with a basic plot and ok character development but obviously a work in progress. This would probably be a first or 2nd draft the repetitive nature of some of the words and phraseology sort of gives it away but again for a draft it's definitely readable😜😜😜

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

half decent story so far

Skater6762Skater6762over 1 year ago

It shows promise though definitely in need of revision. My main question though is how long after graduating basic did you write this? Cause this screams boot. It's good just maybe ease up on the details a bit

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Don't make your character the elite special forces if he is just a horny bumbling idiot.....

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang19555 months ago

Don't waste your time. The asshole does not finish the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous