All Comments on 'Nice Guy Ch. 01'

by Katmai

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice

Great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Would like to see an ending...

Left in midstream. What happens after the divorce..and what happens to the cheating wife. Good tale, though.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
An interesting twist, very good . . .

. . . this seems like the start to what will become a well told tale. I'm guessing that there are problems with the legal part of the story, problems in the details being across state lines. I find something like that inconsequential to the story. The instantaneous reversal of a thirty year loving relationship by Jan isn't fully explained by an intimate relationship thirty years ago and compassion for close friends. I don't think one turns into that much of a shrew that quickly without somehing external going on, and that external is much more than sex. Those are things that can be smoothed in future chapters. This story has a lot of possibility with the neighbor lady playing wise sage. I want to see where all the tale leads. As the saying goes, lead on, write some more good chapters.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
not remotely believeable

really. Not even close. The wife stealing well over $140,000 with no one at the credit Union asking ANY questions? Its 2011 not 1961.

Once this happens this Nice is too fucking stupid to be believed. Has he called mand talked to HER family ?

Her friends ?

The husband kissing and making out with Gail on the front here was HUGGGGGE mistake. That car that drove by may have been some PI in it tgaking pictures.

This woman has stolen almost 150,000... she has made up bogus charges. Every phone call is shrieking and screaming.

of course she would hire a PI ..with HIS Money no less !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Too wimpy!

Can we spell clueless? Did not like it.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Large canyon sized gaps in credulity & story flow but a decent read nevertheless

The wife turned into a bitch overnight ? No warning ? Whatever . It's not my story, This wasn't horrible but the author took shortcuts & a potentially very good story is the lesser for it .

Very intriguing concept, wife gone rogue ! The author dealt with best part of story only in minimallist manner . Three stars for a four star story , deducting one for shirking duty as good storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
There is more?

Even for a story that can be considered erotica, it ended mid-blowjob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Chapter 2?

As much as he was devastated, bewildered and hurt there is No Way he should ever reconcile...NO WAY!!!

Her betrayal, lies and then absolute disrespect, sneaking, lying and verbal abuse...not a chance.

Actually, he has a chance to find a good and honest women while he is still young enough to enjoy her. I would never want Jan back or anywhere near me or the house!

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
good premise

And great execution. I hope this is all written and posted on consecutive days. I don't want to wait long. I especially want to see the fallout when the friend finds out on his deathbed that Jan had the wool over everyone's eyes. I hope the friend skewers her, and it pierces to the core.

That brings up an intreresting question--why has the friend not called. For a thank you if not to verify Jan's story. Is he complicit? There are many avenues this could take, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Wulf

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wondering why

the husband hasn't tried harder to get the true story to the dying friend. It would be easy to arrange for someone to hand-deliver him a letter.

But then maybe we wouldn't have the story! So keep it coming, and let us enjoy where you're goin g to take it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Impressive or unlikely.

Could one man load, transport, unload and stack three cords of wood in oone hour?

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 12 years ago
Good Start

Pretty good writing and a good concept for a story. The old lady (Gail) is right. Some people do act different when someone close to them dies or is dying. I think it makes people step back and review their life. Like I said it's a good start but I have a feeling that this is your idea of a complete story. I understand. It's easy to start a story but difficult to end one so a lot of people just stop. Notice I didn't say writers. I hope you continue, if not, oh well

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Interesting story

The wife changed too quickly. Why wouldn't Greg have offered to have Robert, his friend too, to move down to live with them? Greg doesn't seem too curious for a guy who thought he had the perfect wife. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good one.

To the commenters who complained about it ending too soon: Check the title, doesn't it say something about chapter 1?

Harry....does anything make you happy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It was a good story

until he went to bed with Gail and now he is just another cheating spouse. 1* for the down turn in the story.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Start!!!!!

I hope part 2 is as good as part 1. Thanks for sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
I was caught out in my comment in assuming this story was complete . My bad .

Yet I submit the three star rating for four star writing is still valid . The installment of this story is too short ( barely one page ) . The author is free to drag his feet in telling his story & I am free to dock him a star for that action . Two pages or close to it is acceptable .

No good restaurant gets over just serving appetizers which from a reader standpoint is the equivalent of a one page submission . I give five star ratings pretty freely and I try to accentuate the positive in commenting. My blind spot is however short installments on serial stories . It honestly brings out the worst in me.

For what it's worth I like much of what I see from this author & am keeping an open mind - hoping to award full marks on his future work . He's raw in some crucial facets but has that uncut diamond potential .

teh568teh568over 12 years ago
Good Start To A Great Story

I just hope that he gets retribution for the way his 'loving" wife treeted him. So she is living with a friend of her husbands (who probably does'nt know that the the husband didn't agree with the idea) and expects to continue her loving marriage with her husband as soon as the other guy dies. I hope that the husband gets everything and the friend finds out that she lied abd he dumps her with nowhere left to go. I just hope that she has to pay back the savings that they had and DOES go to jail for perjury.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This is NOT her first time...

She's been screwing the friend for years.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
jan needs to die

I hope you come up with a creative and nasty way to dispose of the filthy cunt, like her being gang banged to death by the oakland raiders.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NICE IS A RELEVANT TERM

but being a good guy covers all bases. TK U MLJ LV NV

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Drop her

off in the woods in Humboldt county on the way back, they will treat her as a trespasser, end of problem. I would be pissed about the money, torture her until she talks first. A hand held propane torch is recommended, she would talk immediately. Someone else was right about the wood, around here a cord fills a pickup. He could use his hard earned wood to burn her like a witch. More porn than story so far. Bark my little bitch dog.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

1. It is right we male people dye earlier and there is surplus of females among the elders. Good example is this story.

2. It is not good to be sad long time because it will shorten the life because the immun system will be weak. He was lucky with Gail, his immun system will be intact and she will help him to find a second mate/wife.

3. Good story 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
RandomHardon

still needs a creampie

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
a decent cucking but

not enough humiliation for the likes of RandomHardon, DWhuecuck, poopchootkaboose, cuckeye0007 - amp up the hubby humiliation and those wannabe cucks will amp up the jizz-o-meter

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
So far so good

She painted herself in a corner with the restraining order, clearing out the bank account and threatening to put him in jail.

You don't take her back after all that, you just don't.

But then we'll see.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
:)

My little bitch dog barks on command again, we are ready for the next phase of training. I would bet our little anon queers are part of the Penn state football program. They were so pissed they could no longer suck the dicks their father figures that they destroyed parts of the campus. Fuckin' waterboys.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Good Opening

The wild reaction of his wife when she was asked if she was fucking ratcheted up the tension. Of course, it is full of things difficult to believe, but it is a good story.

One of the less real ideas is having a restraining order against his trying to communicate issued in California against a guy in Washington... It is definitely illegal and the judge which issued it would soon be off the bench. But we will just treat it like enjoyable fantasy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
How to fuck over your husband in one easy lesson.

The trouble is the husband has done exactly what the bitch wife was accused of, he should have waited until he was divorced.

Toylover52Toylover52over 12 years ago
Good Start

This is a really good start and looking for more.

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Great Start

I really liked this one. Don't keep us waiting too long.

bartolobartoloover 12 years ago
Refreshing; interesting start.

With Chapter 1 finished, there are some areas to explore. For example, is the friend in Berkeley really dying or does Jan simply enjoying her renewed romance? Was the death of the wife in fact accidental? Is Jan in love with the Berkeley friend and wants Greg out of her life? if so, why did she react so negatively on receiving the divorce papers?

Since Chapter 1 leaves a lot of questions requiring answers, I think one can regard this to be a strong beginning to the story. Don't keep your readers waiting for chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This 'person' RHinSC? You can get help you know.

You're obviously a very screwed up and sad man, and I can't help feeling a little sorry for you. But all this advocating violence against women is disturbing, which is why I have reported you to the authorities. I hope you can get the help you need.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
go Random, it's your birthday!

thanks for the 'jizz-o-meter' idea, too funny. not big on the violence aspect (only a dickless pussy hurts women) but you're still making hay and leading the way for cucks and want-to-be cucks, wtg!

C_frommnC_frommnover 12 years ago
Chapter #2

When are you going to finish this Story it seems like it could have a Few more Chapters to get to the End.

TXanyTXanyover 12 years ago
A question and a request...

I sure hope you are working in subsequent chapters. Perhaps furture chapters will adequately answer why he is just sitting up there waiting for....what? His wife to come back? Is he going to keep the farm and work till he is 65? Would like to peer into his brain and see what he is planning for his future. Yes, he has started divorce proceedinds, but as soon as she shows up and says she loves him, will he revert to character? It only seems logical he would be pondering these things...

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
Good Start.

Looking forward to Chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
After 30 years of marriage...you take no action....

Interesting story premise. So after 30 years, Greg does not get on a plane and attend the memorial service ? He does not get face to face with his wife to discuss how and why once he learns about the terminal illness ?

I sense the wife took the money for leverage.

Anxious to read the next chapters, please continue.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Interesting start

Aside from the idiot commenting about 'torture the bitch' there are numerous different ways this could go. Want to see how he handles the situation as it develops.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thank the dumb slut and move on

why the headache,tell her bye and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hopefully there is no 2nd chapter.

This was horrible. Considering that he doesn't attend the funeral of his good friends wife, nor does he try to reconcile why she suddenly goes from a loving and devoted wife of 30 years to batshit crazy...plus all of the other irregularities, it makes no fucking sense. Add in the geriatric sex and all I can think of is scouring my brain with bleach.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
A very good start to a good series

Good foundation for the main characters to build on, and the storyline has a lot of possibilities and different avenues which it could follow.

I like that he took maters in hand, and didn't just roll over to the whim of his cheating wife.

He would be crazy to ever take his wife back, since she rejected every thing their marriage meant and the years that they had spent together.

She must have been ready to move on, even before all of the mess in Berkley had started, to so quickly give up on her husband and their marriage.

Thanks for the good start.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Looks as if DWornock is going under Duna or Anonymous now.

Another vote for making hubby have more common sense than most LW authors do. Why do the males almost never call the couple's friends about what's going on? Why desolation and depression without finding out the whole story?

If hubby cared so much he'd have gone down to find out in person.

Too many commenters want to do the author's job by rewriting the story. Not their job. Comments and editing comments are appropriate. Only one "r" in Monterey, CA.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
I enjoyed the pace, the story line and the direction...

The question is... what's next? I will read Ch 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWnorcal is so stupid

his head whistles in a cross wind

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The statement that aortal aneurism is inoperable is a lie !

I had one myself. It is very easy operation. (relatively speaking). Aortal walls swell and if you are unlucky they burst. Then you have 3 minutes to live.

Whole story is inept and full of bull shit. One of the worst.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Decent Start

What the fuck was in Janice's' head? I will read on...

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Great Start

Nice to have support while your life falls apart around you -

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Good start - AAA is BS any more

The actions of Sweetie are intriguing (at least from outside...Hubby feels differently, I'm sure!). Looks promising!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loving it

Well written and very intriguing. Thanks.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Interesting story but...

When he found out that she was sleeping with Robert, why wouldn't he have called Robert immediately? Why wait? Since he was angry, he would have called and had he not gotten a hold of Robert, he would have called his son. That fact alone puts a giant hole in this story and makes it all seem so implausible.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
One nitpick

An area of a circle fifty miles in diameter is 7853 miles of space.

The area of Rhode Island is only 1240 square miles. It is more than one tenth of the area of Washington State (66582).

If Robert and Janice each moved 50 miles away from each other from the center of the state, they would almost cover the entire North South axis of the state, leaving a mere 20 miles on each side.

Does that seem a tad...excessive?

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
NICE GUY AT THE START

but close to finish..Mr Hyde appears. TK U MLJ LV NV

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 10 years ago
****

Whoa there pardner! There ain't no way one man can move three cords of wood in an hour. He'd be damn hard pressed to move one. A cord being four feet high, four feet wide, and eight feet long. Three cords at twelve feet wide, eight feet long, and four feet high. More like a day and a half to two days, what with loading and unloading and transporting. Story line is good reading. Cheers!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
cord of wood

The writer may be used to face cords instead of true cords, a face cord is 4 feet high and 8 feet long but can be any depth. (a way for wood sellers to cheat you)

If you cut your own firewood you would use cords not face cords.

Average weight of a true cord of wood is over two tons.

Most pickup trucks can haul half a cord in one trip.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Biatch!

She cleans out a retirement account of over $100K, and bitches about closed credit cards?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I understand you need this for the story

But there is no way in hell any sitting Judge gives his wife a restraining order keeping him from talking to Robert or his family. Just doesn't happen like that. And I think he called Robert right after his wife hung up. And told Robert in no uncertain terms that he didn't agree to his wife staying with him. And then I think he called his son and told him what was going on. Which kills the rest of your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
pretty bad

plot holes, absurd actions and reactions, standard Katmai crap. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Full prostitute cuck in the end

Don't bother reading any further, it goes full prostitute cuck in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Doesn't work

She could have gotten a restraining order preventing him from contacting HER, but no Judge anywhere prevents him from contacting the family. That was just stupid. And he could have filed an alienation of affection suit and had Robert served. That wouldn't have violated the TRO and it would have let Robert and his family know that he wasn't approving of her actions. Then the Courts would have required her to replace the money in the account so that it could be split under the Courts supervision according to the provisions of the divorce. So this whole mess just doesn't fly.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Interesting

Janice seems to have a screw loose. That's why she stayed with the friend. Husband is just acting on instinct. Let's see what happens...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It`s idiotic!! Your way to cuckolding/wimp is visible!!!

Always the same crap!! She cheats and he is a cuckold!! Normal men would not react like your idiots!! Its far away of reality!!! Even a fantasy has to be recognizable at reality. If not it`s unbelievable and only laughable!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

another illiterate WHORE posting cuck shit.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 7 years ago
Total Garbage

How you can try and convince anybody that what you write is meaningful is beyond me. Why do you write if you trash everything in part 3. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bullshit Plot!

Karen was a good friend for both him and his wife. There was no way that he would not go down and stay for the funeral. You don't ignore the funeral of a good friend". This was bullshit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyed it

Looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Anon 9/8

Perhaps you missed the part about her infidelity?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Pretty good start

But there's simply no way a Judge gives her a restraining order covering Robert and his family.. There's no legal reason to include him or his family. So that really kinda ruined that idea and he would have called Robert BEFORE the legal notice anyway considering what his wife was doing. As in first thing he did when his wife hung up on him. I can hear the conversation now - "Hey Robert, why are you screwing my wife"?

So you've got a large hole in your plot.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
IIRC

This may need a wimp tag. Hope I'm wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He s a hell of a man

If he can fetch three cords and stack them in one hour

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Something

Something wrong here, Janice went nuts over night.

LucasredLucasredabout 5 years ago
Storyline good but flawed

First chapter had a unique plot but we could really do without our hero bedding the old lady next door. At least not for a few months.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnatealmost 5 years ago
Whoa, What's Happening Here?

First of all, men diagnosed with inoperable aortic aneurysms aren't having sex. They're not doing much of anything, as both strenuous activities which increase blood pressure and moving around the way one would during sex increases the likelihood of rupture. Unless you want to go out that way...

Second, she drained $140k from a joint account without a co-signer?

Third, a 50-mile restraining order? Short of the "Nice Guy" being Pol Pot, Hitler and Mao's love child, wtf did he do? Is he committing genocide in the Bay Area? A genocide of 1? Are these those crazy Cali judges we hear about? And based on abuse? With what evidence?

Fourth, and the good friend went ahead with this plan without talking with the Nice Guy? What planet are these people from?

Finally, she got divorce papers ready, filed and him served 2 states away in 2 days? I'd love for government to be that efficient.

Oh, I'm looking forward to part 2 already...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No such thing

Firstly, there is no such thing as a 50 mile restraining order. Thats just ridiculous. Hell, there's not even a 50 mile exclusion zone around Chernobyl!! Not even if he was a proven serial killer. Not even if he had chopped off her arm!

Secondly, in NO jurisdiction can anyone take out a restraining order on behalf of someone else, unless they are a minor, or deemed mentally unfit to take care of themselves. No one can file a restraining order on behalf of a competent adult. So there is no way she could file an order including Robert and his adult children.

Rhadman66Rhadman66about 3 years ago
I don't get it

These stories. Sex makes everything ok. Her absolute betrayal and sex with her and Gail it's all good again. Not! Stupid ending to this story. The reason I am posting here ? There are no comments after the last chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"An hour later, Gail had three more cords in her wood pile..."

If Mr. Nice Guy can load 3 cords in a pickup, drive down the road, unload it, and stack it in an hour, then all that other legal stuff makes total sense. I am of an age that makes the context and storyline of interest. A wife of retirement age getting caught up in helping her friends way off in another state is realistic. Having the stay be extended several times is possible. Having one or more of those friends being assholes is highly probable. All of the exaggerated circumstances are unnecessary. There's still a good story in there somewhere.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story becomes a cuck-out by the MC, with a helping of polyamory thrown in just to please the childish element here.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Will follow to see where this goes

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Will follow to see where this goes

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Will follow to see where this goes

deependerdeepender11 months ago

You can sure tell this here author is a city feller says can move and stack three cord all alone in an hour with a pick up truck.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Different strokes for diferent folks.

That butter part gave me a chuckle.

Initially, the wife stupidity seems to far fetched even if a fictional character.

However, death changes the people of the deceased on neurological and physical.

I've had relatives who immediately

Succumbed to Alzheimer's after the death of loves ones.

Others were young and had severe physiological and psychological disorders all because of someone hey loved died.

Gail understood this.

Good writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Except for the restraining order part it was okay. No way possible for her to get a comprehensive order like that in that short a time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous