All Comments on 'Night Guard'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

This played out as a "comfortable" story. While it was longer (4 pages) than most of your others I've read (3 pages), somehow some kind of spark seemed missing.

I liked that Marty and Beth talked a lot before they decided to date, and he didn't push anything; he let it happen. He even played it smart by quitting and getting a job elsewhere to avoid a possible conflict...but nothing "popped," perhaps because they never had to face a real issue in their relationship and it just happened. I really liked the story, but I don't feel comfortable rating higher than 4.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBF10 months ago

If he was in Vietnam, the timing doesn’t work for him to have been watching YouTube videos to learn woodworking.

eomersoneomerson10 months ago

I gave it a 5 because, frankly, sometimes you want a nice story, no overdone drama and something to jyst feel good about.

J6480J648010 months ago

Good uncomplicated, true to life tale. nice work

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The timing seems 10-20 years off. Change Vietnam to Iraq and it would be more believable. The timing bothered me all the way through the story.

UncertainTUncertainT10 months ago

Neat story with very likeable characters.

Crusader235Crusader23510 months ago

Great story, I especially liked that talk by the Army recruiter about the president sends the army, but he was really talking about the Marines. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nipple beds? Really? Not bad...gave it a 4.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Good character development and storyline. I would have preferred they get married as an ending, but that's just me being a romantic. Strong warning about the whipped cream - can you say yeast infection? It does work well and safely on nipples though. LOL! 4.7*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ohmygoodness fellow readers. If you want a solid breakdown on the benefits and drawbacks of shift work, this story is for you. Interested in a dive into army jobs with titles like vending machine codes? It's here. Unfortunately, I was bored to tears and already skipping paragraphs before the author even began introducing women as possible erotic partners for the main character. I was soooo checked out by that time that I gave up pretense and stopped reading the story. It's a shame, because aside from the content it was well written.

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

An extraordinary story sbout ordinary people, how they cope with life, what they do,

day-to-day. their fears, their hopes, their ups and downs. Their little victories,

their everyday defeats. Their expectations. You have an eye for detail, in your

mind's eye. - an investment in celebrating achievements, much like Faulkner.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories