All Comments on 'No Shit There I Was'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
OrthopodeOrthopodeabout 8 years ago
Really good

Excellent story, I enjoyed it

Sybaris_CaesarSybaris_Caesarabout 8 years ago
A little help?

Uhhh.... Is Tina going to die? Or Michel?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pretty crap

Sorry I didn't like it at all

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
5

for a good story

apollonaapollonaabout 8 years ago
Great Storytelling

Five stars.

I don't fully relate to the way of life the characters live in this tale, but that was a proper story there. It was unique, interesting and at time laugh out loud funny. I had a lot of fun reading this, my only gripe being that it's finished already. I'll bet it'll be months before I find something else this much fun to read...

Great work, and as always author, thank you for your delightful efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WOW

What a wonderful story! Believable, exotic, unbelievable, mundane.... It just blew me away. I may not come back to the story, but MSTarot has been added to my favorite list.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentabout 8 years ago
I wanted to thank you.

What a great read. The title of your story drew me in, and was not at all what I was expecting. Out Standing!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
I came for the carnality

Got enraptured by the back story. Enjoyed it throughly, I thank the author for sharing.

Full marks ! * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
thank you

Just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful story and hope to see more chapters to. It again thank you very much

thrill_ogrethrill_ogreabout 8 years ago
Great Story!!

Amazing story...... Hooked from the very beginning. I hope you write more about Jak's and Kathrin's stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Love how you finished the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Absolutely excellent

A wonderful tale

Great characters and scenery

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
a grand Bards tail

First , knowing this place this story is set, Very well described down to the landmarks.

Second, knowing the Great Houses spoken of in the story add much to this reader.

Third, knowing said Duke with the young daughter, being skinned alive would be the best you could hope for.

And lastly, I am very disappointed that you took neither of the ladies up into the towers at the fort to "see the stars".

From one squire to another squire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
a lord with a magical sundial on his wrist...

Indeed it must be magical because in the mundane world, of an evening, he would have had to wear a moondial to tell the time. Very good story. I was in the SCA for a while in the late 60's (I was Bertholdt von Graz). FWIW, But fantasy role-players took over from the medievalists where I was, and I lost interest, alas and alack. Good to know it's strong and good (from the evidence of your great story).

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
an elegant solution

to a mundane situation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
One of your best

Very nicely done. Loved the story and the finish. Wished it could go on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice

Pretty good story. The only thing I'd say is that built-in spellchecking in word processing programs doesn't do the job. You had a lot of minor errors.

kelprimekelprimeabout 8 years ago
Fuck man

I teared up at the end. What the fuck did you do to me?

Best story I have ever read on here, and better than a fair number of books too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fascinating

Who cares about a few gramatical errors? ! That one deserves more than 5*. I loved the build up and the characters. I'm not sure I liked some parts but on the whole a great story. Years ago I had occasion to build a couple epees for some one in the SCA. Over the years I have wondered if it continues. I see it does. I'm sure there may or may not be a bit of literary license in this piece but I enjoyed it overall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow

Easily one of the best stories i have read. Wish I could give it more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Best I've read yet

I really wish there was more to read about jak and kat . It had me trapped i couldnt stop reading. Excellent work. Any thoughts for more ?

mharrisonmharrisonabout 7 years ago
One of the best

This is a great story. Loved every bit of it. Yes there were quite a few minor spelling/grammar errors but even with them it's still great.. :)

Wish I could have given it a higher score - It deserves it!!!

Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I need more jak and kat

I need it. The story is so well written and I miss them. I fell I love with them. Please tell me you are planning more. I've read what you have multiple times. I yearn for more. It's so good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
"Huzzah! Huzzah! HUZZAH!"

HUZZAH!

This story brought so many happy memories. I felt the relief of leaving the Mundane world behind - just for a short time. You share a wonderful story that shares may insights into the SCA. The names changed to protect the ... not so innocent! 😇

May your forge always ring true!

- pal

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I didn't like it much

In the end it became a love story. How??? they both just spent a week whoring around with other people. There is no love in this story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I know of SCA but after reading this I feel like I might like to give it a try. The interaction of the characters seemed like you, the author, had been there and done that. Thanks for the story.

WinterDragonWinterDragonabout 5 years ago
Oh... the Heartbeat of the Drums

This story makes me miss my SCA family so much. The drums rocking me to sleep at night... the sense of safety and comfort is incredible.

A beautiful taste of the other world I live in, too.

MarshallaMarshallaover 4 years ago
More ...,

... please!

Just read this story, again, for the third time in as many months, including the first read. And each time I come to the end, it leaves me wanting, needing more.

If it were possible, it would be 15* by this time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow!

One of the best stories that I've read here. And now one of my favorites!

Proximo17Proximo17almost 4 years ago
Most amazing tale M'lady

I have been a member for a couple of years & reading stories here much longer w/ incest tales my favorite. "No shit there I was" as of this date is my favorite.

I have not read your bio but willing to bet you are familiar w/ medival fairs. I am not but the way you wrote about this gathering makes me want to attend one in my area.

The ending wax simple but effective and I hope to read more about Jak & Kat & Dawn & Raven & Mianda. Sounds like Jak is the head of a harem but is it really his?

Critiques: The usual spelling/grammar AND could Jak & harem brush their teeth? Morning breath is horrid especially after a night of drinking but when it is laced w/ last nights cum ... I could smell Kats / Jaks breath from here, lol.

Thanks for a great tale and venture!

nicho1855nicho1855about 3 years ago
Fantastic.

I almost didn't read this story but I'm so glad that I did. The vibe I got towards the end of the story led me to think that perhaps Jak and Raven might have ended up getting together in their normal lives. There are many possibilities to add to this story in further chapters, if you decide to continue this tale. For now we will just have to live in hope.

FrognutFrognutover 2 years ago

Exalent!

I could feel the love, the pain, and the smart assert of all the characters!

I would love to see were Jak and Kat make a showing in the mundain!

bob4300sbob4300sabout 1 year ago

If you added to it, it would easily be a book, and I would buy the first copy! EXCELLANT effort!

Bob

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Damn! It was wonderful.

RDantonRDanton8 months ago

This was a fun, nostalgic read. Gulf Wars was one of my favorite vents ever. This reminded me about both the good & bad in the SCA.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I want more to this

bigurnbigurn3 months ago

A very good read, I must say. A strong 4 Star ⭐ offering. Only the ending held it back from a 5... If I had seen a second part listed; I would have been more generous. Thank you for your efforts and the quality of your submission.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous