Not Appropriate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,103 Followers

"Oh Henry, please don't ever think it had anything to do with you. I love you will all my heart and it was never about you. I just...I can't even explain it. All those old schoolgirl feelings came back when I saw him the first time and I wanted to experience that one more time. That first night it was just dinner, and I thought that was the end of it. Then he kept invading my thoughts. I was a virgin when you and I met, you know, so I had never experienced it with the person I considered my first love. I got caught up in it and so when he came back 2 weeks later and asked me to lunch I accepted. We ended up in a hotel. I did it willingly. I wish I could say I didn't but I did. After that it became easier each time, but less fun. I was thinking about ending it but obviously I was too late. I'm sorry Henry. Please, I love you. Isn't there something I can do, some way to fix this?"

"I'm sorry, too, Mireya. I really loved you." I walked out of the apartment for the last time.

<><><><><>

Four months later the divorce was final. She at least gave me the respect of not fighting it. I got a one-bedroom apartment and Mireya, to no one's surprise at all, transferred to a different office and moved in with Anthony. I focused entirely on my work until the divorce was final, picking up a nice bonus and putting myself in line for a promotion when a large Japanese electronics company gave us their business on the back of my presentation. I still missed her, even though I knew I could never be with her again. She had always been the most beautiful woman in the world to me, so how do you follow that up?

<><><><><>

Almost a year after that final night at the kitchen table, I got a text from Mireya saying she was in town and asking if we could meet for drinks. We arranged to meet at a small bar not far from my apartment that night. I saw her across the room as I walked in and noticed immediately that she had lost weight. She still looked pretty, just different. I greeted her warmly, with a light hug and a peck on the cheek.

"So, what brings you to town, Mireya?" I asked as I sat down opposite her at the table.

I ordered a coke, having never developed a taste for alcohol (which Mireya was aware of) but surprised her a bit by adding a strawberry daiquiri as well. She noticed.

"Alcohol, Henry? That's not like you."

"Things have changed quite a bit over the last year. Life is full of surprises."

"I suppose that's true. In fact, I'm thinking about moving back. I miss it here."

"Is Anthony able to work from this area?"

It was a genuine question. I had gotten past the anger and hurt.

"We're...not together anymore. He was cheating on me."

"Is that right?"

How ironic, I thought.

"It turns out I wasn't the only regular stop on his route, even back then, and he never stopped with any of them even after I moved in with him."

"I'm sorry to hear that. How'd you find out?"

"It seems there are other husbands that were less understanding than you were. A couple of them got together to physically express to him how unhappy they were that he was screwing their wives and suggested relocating might be a wise idea. After he got out of the hospital he disappeared. I have no idea where he even went."

She didn't seem very disappointed.

"It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. So, are you trying to get your job back at this office?"

"I'm looking into it, but everything is on hold while I try to make one particular arrangement."

She hit me with that smile she had that I had never been able to resist. But things have changed, as I said before.

"And what would that be, Mireya?"

As if I didn't know.

"Henry, I'm really sorry for what I did. I was a fool who fell in love with a memory, a person that didn't exist anymore and probably never had. We had a great marriage and I still love you. I've learned my lesson. Is there any chance...?"

At that moment, a blur in a knee-length blue dress came through the door and made a bee line for my table and, more specifically, me.

The tall blonde woman set her purse in one of the other chairs and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Hey baby. I'm sorry I'm late. My production meeting ran long. Is this my drink?"

Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed the daiquiri and took a long pull on the straw.

"I know. I got your text. Everything sorted out?"

"Of course not. It never is; you know that. But I'm done talking about work and am ready to get on with our evening."

I made the introductions. "Renee, this is Mireya, my ex-wife. Mireya, this is my girlfriend, Renee."

"It's so nice to finally meet you," Renee gushed, and it was completely genuine. "I was excited when Henry told me you were in town and we'd be meeting for drinks. I've heard a lot about you."

"Some of it good, I hope," Mireya joked.

"Almost all of it, actually; he speaks very highly of you. All except for the last few months of your marriage, but I suppose that's to be expected," Renee answered.

I could see Mireya's eyes getting a little moist. "He's a good guy," she said. "Hold on to him. Be smarter than I was."

"I plan on it. We've already got the date set."

I watched quietly and with some pity as Mireya's eyes found the engagement ring on Renee's finger and she seemed to actually deflate a little bit as I looked at her.

"Congratulations. That's wonderful. I'm happy for you."

Renee gave her a sad smile. "You were hoping to get him back, weren't you?"

"I was," Mireya admitted. "I had hoped maybe with the time that had passed we could try again. I wasn't aware you were seeing anyone, Henry, let alone engaged. I did hope maybe you'd take a chance on me. But I guess I'm out of chances. I should probably go."

"I wish you wouldn't," Renee said, placing her hand on Mireya's arm. "I've been looking forward to getting a chance to know you a little bit."

Mireya was clearly perplexed. "Why? I mean, why would you want to get to know your fiancé's ex-wife?"

"Mireya, you were a big part of his life for a long time and were very important to him. You helped make him the man I fell in love with. Why wouldn't I want to get to know you, even be friends? That said, I'll never let you two be alone together, but I think that's just common sense."

"Yes," Mireya said ironically, "As someone once told me, it's not appropriate for someone in a relationship to be out alone with their ex."

If only she had taken that advice when I gave it to her.

<><><><><>

fin

BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,103 Followers
12