Not My Daughter's Fault

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I walked in the office that said, "Marie Jones" on it. The woman looked up at me and it was Beth. Tears welled up in my eyes as she came around her desk to give me a big hug.

She was beautiful. She didn't look black or white. She looked like a dark colored Italian. She must have gotten the best features of both her parents.

"Beth, it's you! It's really you. Why didn't you tell me, call me? I've been asking about you and no one had seen you. Did you change your name?" I asked.

"Calm down, Robert. I'll explain everything. Boy, I missed you too. You were my first love even though we never did anything," she smiled. "My name is Elizabeth Marie Jones. Yes, I said Jones, just like you. Unfortunately, I married the wrong Jones. I graduated from college and got a job here as a secretary and they liked my work so I was promoted to the executive secretary branch. Jim is my immediate boss. As you know he's a pretty nice guy."

"Why the name change?" I asked.

"I just started using my middle name in college. I didn't make the class reunion because I was in the hospital. I had a miscarriage. My husband and I had a fight about him cheating on me and he pushed me and I fell down the stairs. I applied for a divorce and it's final now. I just haven't changed my name back yet. I kind of like the name 'Jones'." She smiled.

"Does Jim know you knew me?" I asked.

"He didn't at first. After he hired you, I told him I knew you. I wanted you to get the account. I figured after they saw how good your work was that they might hire you for their computer stuff," she said.

Right then Jim came in. "I'm glad we did hire you, Rob. I'm extremely sorry for all that happened but you did our company a great service. Well, if you two are ready, we can head out for lunch."

After our meeting, I kept in close contact with both Jim and Beth. Whenever they called I made sure they got fast and efficient service. I wanted to ask Beth out but was afraid of rejection. After all I remember what her father said to me years before. We would go to lunch at times but I always felt the tension between us. I was sure Beth felt it too.

I should mention that we did have a talk about her e-mailing me about Sandy's cheating. She told me that Sandy never recognized her at work. Of course they ran in different circles. It was one thing dating while she was single but once she got married she didn't stop. When Beth found out she married me, she was really pissed. Jim, her boss, was talking with her one day and told her that someone was hacking into the computer system. It's when she mentioned me and my business. She also thought it would be a good time to let me know about Sandy's extra-marital affairs. She told me she knew what it was like since her husband was doing it to her also.

Time passed and Abby and I were adjusting to our life. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. It's hard for me to explain but being a dad was a big responsibility, especially since we were now a one-parent family. It was now Abby's first birthday and I went to pick up Sandy's grandmother. She was still a part of little Abby's life. Of course she was really sad about Sandy's death but she wanted to be part of the family and get to know little Abby, who looked so much like Sandy. My parents came over as well. There was a knock at the door and I answered it. It was Beth!

"I came for the party. I hope it's alright? Your dad invited me," she said.

I looked over at dad and he was smiling. "You talk about her all the time; it's like she's family and your mom and I wanted to meet her," dad responded.

I was slightly embarrassed but I introduced Beth to everyone. I asked her if she wanted to be called Beth or Marie and she said her old friends still called her Beth. If someone asks for Marie, she knows it's business.

She looked gorgeous even in a pair of jeans and a blouse. She sat down and Abby half walked and half crawled to her. "My God, what a beautiful little girl you are," she said to Abby as she picked her up and hugged her. "I'd love to have a little girl like you."

Abby put her arms around Beth and hugged her back. Beth continued to hold her. "Happy birthday, Abby. Are you one year old today?" she asked her.

Abby just nodded.

Dad asked Beth about her job and asked her about her schooling and such, more to make her comfortable than just a line of questioning. After all, like my parents said, I always talk about her.

Mom got up and called everyone into the kitchen to sing Happy Birthday to Abby. Then she cut the cake and we all talked and watched Abby open her presents. Abby senior, that's Sandy's grandmother kept taking pictures. She really was a nice lady that had a lot of problems in her life. My mom and dad got to know her pretty well and invited her over to their place often. Some people just seem to get dealt a bad hand.

After the party while everyone was playing and talking to little Abby, Beth and I sat on the porch to talk.

"What made you come here today?" I asked. "I know it's Abby's birthday but what made you come? I think Abby really likes you."

"You're the reason I came and you know it. I've been waiting for you to ask me out and you never have. It's been four months since the tragedy and we've had lunch at least six times with Jim and once alone. I really care for you and I'm tired of waiting. So when your dad called me I decided to take the first step. Do you want to take a second step?"

"My God, Beth, I want hundreds of steps. I was afraid to ask you out. I know we're older but I don't want your dad to hate me and get mad at you. I've cared for you ever since high school, you know that. My feelings have never changed toward you."

"Then take me on a real date. Dinner, a nice play and who knows you might get lucky on the second date," she laughed.

"What about your parents, Beth? I really would like them to like me. Does your dad still have problem with white guys?"

Beth laughed. "You know about my having a miscarriage. What I never told you was that after Tony, my ex, pushed me and I fell, my dad beat the living crap out of Tony. He told him if he reported the beating he would stop back and finish the job. My dad is just very protective of me. He told me when I graduated that if you would have tried harder to date me, he would have given in. By then you were already away at college and I never had the chance to tell you."

"Okay, let's go out this coming Saturday and we will go out on our second date after that. If you still want to date me after that, then I'll go talk with your dad. I'll make him like me," I smiled.

"So, you want to get lucky before talking to my father?" she asked.

"Damn straight!" I laughed.

----------------------

We did go on our first date and it was great. She was as bright and beautiful as I had always imagined. At the end of the evening, she kissed me. It was sweet and yet passionate.

After the third kiss, she said, "Hold on, Robert, this is our first date. You've made a single and I wish for a home run as much as you but a deal is a deal," she laughed.

"Let's go out again tomorrow," I suggested.

"I have a better idea," said Beth. "Let's take Abby to the aquarium so she can see all the fish and things. The only thing is you're not going to get lucky until our next date. This isn't a date; it's more of a family outing."

"I just want to be with you and I want you to like Abby," I replied.

"Like her? I love her! I wish she was mine," said Beth. "I don't care that she has blond hair and blue eyes. She's the sweetest little girl I've ever seen."

The next day we took Abby to the aquarium and Beth and I held hands whenever I wasn't pushing the stroller. I felt like we were a family. On the way home, I drove by Beth's parents' house. We all got out and walked up to the door. Beth was almost laughing; I didn't know why. Beth's mom answered the door and smiled at me when she saw us.

"Come in, please," she said.

"Mrs. Duran, is Mr. Duran home? I'd like to speak to him."

Mr. Duran came into the room. Beth was standing behind me holding Abby and her mom stood next to her husband.

"Mr. Duran, I'm Robert Jones and I would like your permission to date your daughter. I talked to you around seven years ago and made the mistake of walking away. I care for Beth very much and will treat her with the utmost respect. I know we don't need your permission since we are adults, but I don't want there to be any hard feelings between us."

"Slow down, son," said Mr. Duran. 'You'd think you were asking permission to marry her."

"With all due respect sir, that might happen in the future. I mentioned it so we all know where we stand," I responded.

Mrs. Duran spoke up. "Ted, tell the boy the truth. Robert, we had a long talk with Beth about you. You have our ... I don't want to say permission; we don't mind Beth dating you. You two have our blessings. As far as the marriage part, why did you already bring that up?"

"Well, Mrs. Duran, I have a daughter, Abby, as you can see. She's my pride and joy. When and if we get married, I just wanted you to know that you would have a beautiful blond, blue eyed granddaughter," I replied.

Mr. Duran reached for Abby who went right to him. She hugged him and gave him a peck on the check.

"Robert, if it should come to marriage, I would have no problem loving this little girl."

We were all smiling as I shook Mr. Duran's hand and gave a light hug to Mrs. Duran. Beth, Abby and I left the house and I drove Beth home. After kissing her goodnight, Abby and I headed for home.

I asked my mom if she could keep Abby the following Saturday. Beth and I were going to a concert and dinner out of town. We probably wouldn't be back till Sunday afternoon.

I wanted to tell you, the readers, how lucky I got; it was too good not to tell the world. I felt like I hit a Grand Slam.

When I picked up Beth, she looked stunning. A blue dress that was cut low to show some of her breasts and short enough to be a few inches above her knees. I asked her if she had panties on and she slapped me and then laughed.

As I mentioned, Beth looked like an Italian woman, which she was part Italian, with a nice deep tan. We were in the motel room and I looked her in the eyes. "Do you want to do this?" I asked.

She turned around and said, "Unzip me please."

I slowly unzipped her dress and she let it fall to the floor. I unclasped her bra and it soon joined her dress. She was now standing there in a lace and silk pair of panties. She turned around and kissed me.

"You're so beautiful," I said.

"It's been a long time since I made love," she said. She told me the last time was shortly after she got pregnant which was almost a year ago.

I asked her if she wanted me to wear a condom. She told me that she was on the pill.

I wanted her so bad. We started making love. Slow easy sensual love.

Before I came I heard her say, "I love you Robert, you need to know that this is more than a fuck. I truly love you."

I heard what she said as I came. I was hoping she really meant it instead of just being a moment of passion. I wanted it to be true. I wanted her for life.

After a few minutes she said, "Robert, I meant it when I said I loved you. I hope it doesn't scare you away. The only man I have ever been with before tonight was my ex-husband. I was afraid that I might not be enough for you."

"Beth, you were one of two girls I cared for in high school. I'm not a well rounded sexual person. Making love to you is a dream come true. I never want it to end. You and I are going to learn together what we both like. Tell me what you want and I'll do it for you if I can. I expect to be with you for a very long time if you will have me."

She smiled at me. "Rub my breasts very gently. Then suck my nipples till they get hard. After that I want to make love to you by riding your hard cock. I want to ride you till you can't get it up anymore tonight. Then I want to cuddle up to you and go to sleep beside the man I love."

With that said I started to rub her breasts.

-----------------------------

We continued dating knowing that we were a couple. We were going to date for about six months and then announce our engagement. It wasn't a surprise to anyone when the time came. We just felt it was the right thing to do, to let some time pass.

I remember while we were dating that I told Beth that she was the first black woman I have been with. She looked at me and told me she better be the last, black or white, woman I sleep with. Then she told me that I was the only white man that she had been with and plans on keeping it that way.

Our wedding was a small one, just family and a few friends. I remember Beth's dad saying she didn't even have to change her name again. It was kind of funny that with all the people at our wedding, Abby chose to sit on Mr. Duran's lap. I must say, he was a proud grandfather. He wasn't as prejudiced as I had thought. He was more of a concerned father.

Of course Beth is a fantastic mother to Abby. She does everything with her. I look back and think about life and the difference in people. There was Sandy, a beautiful woman who pretty much could have it all; a decent profession, loving husband and a beautiful daughter. She chose to throw it all away looking for what she considered something better.

Then there is Beth, another beautiful woman who wanted a family and ended up with a guy that wasn't satisfied and wanted more also. Beth lost her child due to an idiot of a husband.

Beth's parents made it work. My parents made it work. Even Abby senior, with all her hardship ended up with a loving great granddaughter.

I believe life is what you make it. Sure everything isn't perfect but you have to give it your best shot. If you try hard enough, you can make it. Don't worry about what someone else has. Look at your own life and your family's life and see what you can do with what God gave you.

Beth, Abby and I are proof it can work out. A geek, a stunning mixed race woman and a beautiful little girl. Who would have believed that we could be the perfect family?

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments are always welcome

DG Hear.