All Comments on 'Not My Type: Adele Ch. 04'

by firstkiss

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
cpm09cpm09almost 14 years ago
Absolutely beautiful

I love everything you write! every chapter you give us is a treat! Thank you.

mokkelkemokkelkealmost 14 years ago

can't wait till the next chapter comes out =)

unfairplayunfairplayalmost 14 years ago

Ooh, you are a sadist! I hate waiting for the next chapter of this! I absolutely love this story. Nate is simply scrumptious.

AlexandergarahamAlexandergarahamalmost 14 years ago

God... i love your writing:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Oh i cannot wait till the next chapter! absolute torture stopping where it did. your writing is so absorbing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
What Wondrous Torture

you administer to us, J, while we wait for the next chapter! It is soooooo good to have writing here again.

LakergirlLakergirlalmost 14 years ago
Oooooooooooooo.......

Oooooooo Nate --- guess he should be glad he's not catholic or he gots some "Hell Marys" coming. But in any event, the big guy is saying -- "Lucy you got some splaining to do" Sure hope the ever helpful Mrs. Mac Intrye and congretation don't snowmoblie up to check on him or .oh yeah, love to see that church meeting after it came out..... (And Mrs. Mac Intrye is sure not going to be happy about the developments) lol. I've known and dated a few ministers in my time (yeah, I know what where they thinking right) who slipped (not with me of course) and had a hard time moving past it. But I hope the feelings that come along with a choice like this for Nate doesn't push him away from Adele. That kind of slip up weighs on the soul and relationship w/ the guy up there. Hope Adele and Nate come thru. Thanks and looking forward to the next chapter.=-) Lakergirl

MollyDollyMollyDollyalmost 14 years ago
Ahh!!!

DK? A pause there? At that point? Grr... Wonderful, but such a tease! :)

gainsaywhodaregainsaywhodarealmost 14 years ago
Tonight I am going to pray...

that Adele Ch. 05 appear tomorrow. What a way to end this... It is as if we are telling you "please don't tease us" and you are saying "Don't worry, readers. I fully intend to."

And I am also going to pray for my thinning scalp. It's only fitting since your ending in each chaper had me pull my hair out.

cafeoleymascafeoleymasalmost 14 years ago
always thrilled to see your updates

I have been thrilled that this story is on a release schedule! I look forward to each installment and then read incredibly slowly when I see it! Even though I'd love to see things 'move along' for them, you set about with incredibly sweet torture!

bravo!

MissWizzMissWizzalmost 14 years ago
cliffhanger...

I always look forward to the next chapter of Adele. That cliffhanger is a major tease... uuughh, I want to know how it continues!

Love your writing!

MugsyBMugsyBalmost 14 years ago
Shivers!

You seriously gave me shivers with this chapter! I've read and reread it a few times now and every time, that line at the end makes me feel faint. ;) "Don't worry sweetheart, I fully intend to..." Truly amazing. *sigh* Would that every man spoke that way!

Can't wait to see more. Awesome job.

gracemarie36gracemarie36almost 14 years ago
Thank you!

It is so refreshing to read about an experienced, educated, realistic woman!

In terms of character development and depth, you have come a long way from Lilly to Adele. She is complicated and simple, strong and insecure, frustrating and lovable all at the same time. I find myself identifying and sympathizing with her, and hoping that she can find happiness with Nate (though I am sure it won't be quite as easy as we are lead to believe with this cliffhanger of a chapter!).

Thank you for your wonderful work, I am so excited to read more of this story!

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 13 years ago
A very simple discovery

I feel a little foolish to keep sending you these paeans of praise, but your writing seems stimulating yet soothing. Then at the end of this chapter you spoke up for David Gray's music and the fact that artists have a right to their royalties, and a simple truth was suddenly clear in my mind: you are essentially a good person. Artists who are open and honest can't help betraying themselves in their work, and you have a way of laying yourself open to inspection. A person with a clear conscience can do that. And may I add (half in jest) that there aren't many of us left.

lusherlusherover 12 years ago
you're the tops

I've been reading along the whole Not My Type series, content just to offer all the stars as thanks -- but that little note at the end about supporting artists just got to me. You have a full, wise heart that shines out of everything you write, even your little notes to readers. You are a fine writer, but I sense you are an even finer person.

Thanks for generously offering such well written, compelling stories. Best of luck with your book; if you ever provide the opportunity to support your work with a purchase or donation, I will take it gladly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I downloaded Gray's entire discography, deleted it and downloaded it again. No record company will get my money, but thanks for pointing me towards downloading his music!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A confession

I'm a happily married man, over 60, deeply in love with my beautiful wife of 30 years, but I confess I've fallen in love with you, at least with your writing; not only how you write - your mastery of your craft, but what. What you write is profoundly human, the sex is anything but gratuitous, but rather an expression of love or at least its' yearning. I believe you and only one or two others have set the bar for this site where it needs to be. Your stories touch me and I thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfirstkiss@firstkiss
A lot has changed since I began writing on this site 16 years ago as a wet-behind-the-ears 20-something — met an amazing partner, got married, started a business, and became a mom. Life with a kid underfoot doesn’t exactly make for much free time for sexy writing. I still da...