Sort by:
  • 219 Comments
jackh1962jackh1962about 7 years ago
Another great series.

This is an other great series. It reminded me of Gonna the bitch's car ,and also some from your last series Mr and Mrs America,S 7 stories. It's good to read something new from you again,and hope to see more in the future.

yowietooyowietooabout 7 years ago
Enjoyed this greatly!

I have read and reread many of your stories. This one is up there with the best. well done! Keep up the good work

RhomanovRhomanovabout 7 years ago
*****

A hell of a fine read! One of the better.

Thx!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Detours

It always takes me awhile to read your stories that mention songs. I end up going back and forth from Youtube to the stories. 5 isn't high enough for this

Joeraven1403Joeraven1403about 7 years ago
Thank you.

I have never read a story on literotica that could bring a tear to my eye. this one did congrats.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank You

For a beautiful story. Yes, it was over the top, but that's part of what made it so good! A very heartwarming tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
excellent

excellent story. thank you for your hard work and effort. and thanks for sharing this story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WOW

PHENOMENAL!!! YOU HAD ME FROM THE START. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.!!!

Cardswin2011Cardswin2011about 7 years ago
5***** not enough!

Welcome back! As fine a story as I've read. You still have it. Thanks!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Over the top?

Who the fuck cares? Fun, great story. Thanks!

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH COOKS IN THE WHOLE BRIGADE

to spoil the broth or pudding in this magnificent tale, TK U MLJ LV NV

oshawoshawabout 7 years ago

I waited to the end to post my note to your story. Why? To prevent you from wading through my slobbering accolades to your genius. Please, please, please keep writing.

maninconnmaninconnabout 7 years ago
qhml rocks!

Nuff said.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Thank You

Thank You again for another wonderful story. You are one of the best.

xiluaxiluaabout 7 years ago
Thank you!!

Loved it. Great writing!!

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
What oshaw Said

Thanks for another wonderful romance. Love your stuff - PLEASE keep the creative juices flowing for your many fans here!

Happy Legends Day, Q!

Wang4Wang4about 7 years ago
With Great Admiration

Thank you for this story.....

A story that ends happily as at least some LW stories should!!

A great contribution to Legend's Day

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

You write amazing stories that live and breathe. You have a gift (and clearly work hard at it). I am always delighted when I see a new story from you. Thank you.

FreewheelFreewheelabout 7 years ago
Best of the day

Thank you for a great story, from the best of the best. All the Legend stories have been great today and a huge thank you to all the authors! 10+

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Do please return

Love your writing and thank you

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
Romance mixed with some comedy!

This was hard to believe, but I believed every word! A well written story is a treasure. It lasts forever and brings happiness to those that touch it. Thanks, Q!

LVGirlLVGirlabout 7 years ago
All the Best

Thank you, thank you,thank you, Q. What a wonderful loving tale for your return.

whirlwind_66whirlwind_66about 7 years ago
A masterpiece from a master ..!

This legendary work proves you too , to be a legend .... the climax is a real edge of the seat tear -jerker..!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

"I looked at her phone and smiled" I looked at MY phone, you really need to watch your wording, you do that ALL the time.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 7 years ago
Welcome home

as you called it. The story was a very nice return. As usual you gave a full circle of the main character's life and it was an exciting one.

We, your fans, are so happy and grateful to see another fine piece from you. Please don't keep us waiting for more. We miss you.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

But I'm glad that's over. Like a slow freight, dragged on and on. I seriously tried to get interested. Read it all. Just didn't do it for me.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingabout 7 years ago
Welcome Home, Indeed!

Just magnificent!! A pinnacle achievement in storytelling. Added thank you for Randi dragging you out from daily professional endeavoring to bless us with such a rich tapestry in a fantasy tale. Thank you for such wonderful journey. What an entertaining read. Cheers!!!

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

'L' needs to create a prestigious writers classification to bestowed on very few that are its very best - I'd call it "Master Story Teller" and you "Q" would be a founding member. I just hope with your gift you keep blessing us with your stories.

Thanks and Salute (from an ole Nam warrior)

green117green117about 7 years ago
Liked it -

Is it LW? Do I care?

You excel at creating emotive imaging. Your affection for your characters communicates strongly.

Good to see this from you where I can find it.

Sincerely,

Green-something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 stars

For "Sing, Ye Wankers!"

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
I'll admit to skimming parts

of this story when I felt things starting to drag, but overall it was a fun rollicking adventure/romance. For the LW portion, I'm not a fan of when the wife is revealed as a blood-sucking bitch in the first paragraph. Just sucks all the tension out of it for me. The LW stuff was like the least important part of the story though so it wasn't a big deal. The Amy/Dave thing sort of brought down the ending as well. Maybe should have just excluded that especially if you have no plans to follow up.

avidfaavidfaabout 7 years ago
Really?

You're one of the best, so you have the license to indulge your whims as you wish, but really.... this was like a quilt beautifully sewn by a blind seamstress from whatever scraps were near to hand.

I mean, really?! Really???

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Thanks

For heroic figures and wonderful people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice

I don't care what anyone else says or thinks, if this isn't a 5 star story, then there ain't no such animal. Was it "over the top", hell yeah. But heck, so was James Bond, and how many books did Fleming sell? I just wish "Q" would post a story like this every week.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Goofy and contrived, but heart-felt fun. Thanks.

I wish you had the time and inspiration to do the plot justice. Maybe someday.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
So Many...

There were so many great stories on Legends Day, that I'm not going to try to rank them, but his is certainly one of the best.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved this

Truely awesome story. Who cares if it's over the top and unrealistic? If it was true to life it would bΓ© excruciatingly boring - ordinary people's lives are, that's why they are ordinary.

I loved the whole band thing. As someone who loves music but is cursed with no musical ability whatsoever, I am in awe of ( and deeply envious of ) musicians who possess any shred of true talant.

Personally, while I like Rhythm Of My Heart, i would much prefer you used Every Beat Of My Heart - but then that's just me.

Obo1 - you missed the point. The LW wasn't the cheating bitch Kim, it was Amanda. A woman doesn't have to be a cheating slut to be a LW

qhml1 - thank you for sharing your writing talents with us, this was a truely excellent story and a pleasure to read.

PaulFelly

shaman43shaman43about 7 years ago
Just a wee story

with a big heart. Many tears and a 5 as usual.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago

Wrong category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
4*s

I liked it. A good story. A happy endingπŸ’‘πŸšΌπŸ˜ƒ ❗

Gave it 4*s.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great story

Great story thank you your a great writer and I hop to read more story's from you keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

NOT at all LW material.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 annony knows all about wearing a skirt!

and sucking cocks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 πƒπ”πŒπ π“π‘π€πππ˜ π–π‡πŽπ‘π„β„’ (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka NEEDYOU200 aka 5+ANNONY!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
At least i can comment on this one.

Seems most stories I see no longer allow comments.

I liked it. Good story. It IS a LW story including two cheaters.

Now take a break and come back again for Dave and Amy's story.

Its hard to top 500 Annies in my book.

Jim C

LamwayLamwayabout 7 years ago
You were right Q

Of course it was over the top. And terrific anyway. Thanks.

bdchinook15bdchinook15about 7 years ago
Can't say enough good things about this story.

Well written and yes it was fiction but I could envision every scene as you wrote it thank you

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinabout 7 years ago
Thank you!

It was a joy to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
THERE IS A REASON YOU ARE ON RANDI'S LIST!

Thanks, 'Q' , for sharing another amazing literati adventure with us once again. I saved your submission until today (Sunday), so I could read the whole creation in 1 sitting. I like to wait for a big meal to settle before I have a special desert. Thank you for your time and creativity!!!!!

CorvetteJohn in Rainy Seattle

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks

Wonderful ending to your story!!!

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent story, very well done...

Yes, it was over the top in a couple of places and who cares? It was great, thanks for submitting. I spent some time in the Marines and I always loved Stewart's "Rhythm of My Heart", you used it well in this story (although I think you messed with the words a bit in the chorus). I would like to see the story about the rest of the band, of course with some more info on Ewan and Amanda - but I'm just being greedy. I always enjoy your stories and the longer they are, the better they are. Thanks!

The rhythm of my heart

Is beating like a drum

With the words "I Love you" rolling off my tongue

No never will I roam

For I know my place is home

Where the ocean meets the sky

I'll be sailing

oldcdawgoldcdawgabout 7 years ago
My favorite

Every time you come out with a new story it becomes my new favorite. Please keep them coming and thanks so much.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
My dear Q,

I've enjoyed every story I've every read of yours, and I've read them all but the novel. I'll have to get on that one. This was my favorite. I could taste the flavor. Every character was something to relish, every the villains. You are a master storyteller, and you haven't lost a step. Thank you, Randi.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
Not my cup of tea at all, sorry

Not a LW tale by any stretch of the imagination.

And too over the top to even be a good fairy tale, in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

too long

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Absolutely fantastic but...

Just like Randis story I thought this should be a romance not a LW story. Doesn't take way from the good writing and good story just my opinion it's in the wrong category.

jacsrjacsrabout 7 years ago
Another Amazing Story

Just my type of story, well written, and edited.

Like all of your stories, it carries itself through out the entire story and carries the reader also.

Thanks for the enjoyment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Damn that was great!

The best of the lot. You're a magical wordsmith. Whether or not it was over the top or whatever someone may label it, it was entertaining as hell and a great read. This is what brings me here. The discovery of a golden nugget. Thanks so much for the story. I do hope you'll take some time and post again soon.

This was simply fabulous.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
Ultimate example of going out on a high note!

One Best of after another.

After all that has happened it is going to be hard to go back home to the regular life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow.

Sometimes there a stories that should be made into movies. This is one. I honestly would pay to see this in a theater instead of waiting for a hack on my firestick. Well done good sir.

Frankcheng123Frankcheng123about 7 years ago
Outstanding Read

For the whole story:

Fantastical - Yes

Enjoyable - absolutely.

Did note a few typos, but hey, you had a deadline...

Many Thanks for your outstanding prose.

Sloburn38Sloburn38about 7 years ago
Just awsome!

Your best by far. And your best is just awesome.

Your right it was over the top, but that is they way fantasy's are supposed to be.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Terrifically fun romp

It was a lot of fun to read. Thanks. Yes, it was over the top, but I found myself sufficiently vested in the characters to not mind that much.

This is a wonderful β€œLW – 2nd chance at romance” tale.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
I like

my stories black with a spoon full of honey at the bottom BEFORE you add the coffee. The taste should make you wince once in a while and send you heart up a few notches either in hate, fear, or love. Frequently served in a dirty cup.

Qhml1 is creator of the Iced Hazelnut Macchiato enhanced with Roasted Chestnut syrup, toffee nut syrup and white chocolate mocha syrup. There is coffee in there somewhere, but you really can't taste it and if the barista forgot the coffee...you'd never miss it.

Starbucks sells a hell of a hot of those fru fru drinks than they do coffee you can float a horseshoe on. Our relative scores reflect this.

So while I bow to his skill and even my black soul found it enjoyable, it isn't my beverage of choice based solely on personal preferences.

But as always, he is a 'must read' author. I just wish he remembered to use the espresso machine to add some double shots more frequently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story easily worthy of 5*

Still don't know what she whispered to him in chapter 2 and I would have liked to see some closure with Dave, Amy, and the sleeze.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 7 years ago

I didn't mind its being over the top. It's more fun that way, and you have a gift for the epic gesture and larger-than-life characters. I quite fancy you wielding your literary Claymore. Well done!

I realize there was a deadline, and I truly appreciate your putting all three parts out on the same day, rather than making us wait. I do wish you'd had time to edit more thoroughly; that would have made it 5* for sure.

gordo12gordo12about 7 years ago
LOL definitely over the top

But what the hell. 5*

ohioohioabout 7 years ago
Another great one!

Thank Q very much for such an entertaining story--hard to imagine anything more full of action, variety, tall tales, and yanks on the heartstrings! Beautifully done.

Thanks, ohio

shadowjack17shadowjack17about 7 years ago
Not much a broken down old cowboy can add to THIS list of commentators

But...Damn. Um. Good stuff. Yeah, I'm Scot descent and live in North Carolina, so it hit harder and all.

However. One final note to any who missed it: the real hero of this tale is and was Randi for arranging and making it so that the masters had a special voice, don't you all think?

I personally have missed you, Q. Don't know where ye've been me friend, but I see ye've won first prize!

Brendan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Job

Thanks Q for an awesome story. 5 *

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago

Five star effort, just felt it better suited for another category. Five stars.

KirkelKirkelabout 7 years ago
The best?

I've read all the rest but waited to read yours till last...because I always know how good it will be. I wanted to anticipate, then savor yours.

You fully delivered! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful and Full

As you said, a bit over the top but a fun story. Once again, in this one, you need to either proofread your work or get help from an editor. Going from third person to first, or the opposite, does get distracting.

A happy ending does make a good story better and this one is better. I hope it was as fun to write as it was for us to read. Keep up the good work!

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ripper Yarn

As the title says, what a ripper of a yarn.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
Excellent

You made this old Scots-American smile.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Brilliant

What was not to love? A story well thought out, designed and told. One of the best stories that I have had the pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

Just FYI. The British might pronounce it leftenant, but they still spell it lieutenant.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Wow!

I absolutely loved all three chapters. So what it's not realistic, it's a story.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 7 years ago
OK you asshole. You made me cry AGAIN!

One of your best. I will read Pt. 3 several more times. Thank you so much for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

Well told, as usual. I shed a tear or two, myself (allergies, I think). My one quibble is the jarring change of person and POV. This happened at least twice within a sentence! Even cursory editing should catch this. That said, this may be your best work yet. Thanks. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
THANK YOU

Thanks for a great story and an entertaining tale. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
That k you

Your stories are what I compare every other author against. You are simplly the best thank you for another amazing take! 5 stars as usual

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7almost 7 years ago
Simply great

Great story. Simply great. Five out of five.

Sure it is unrealistic and over top as you yourself point out, but it was loads of fun.

A few words of constructive criticism: as others have mentioned the tense and the POV changed a few times. A quick edit would fix the tense problems.

As for point of view I recommend you do what Daniel Q Steele does. The husband's POV in first person and change hers to third person - she said etc. That instantly avoids confusion.

I would have liked to have seen his ex-wife suffer some regret, and try to explain why she dumped him. But that's just me.

I have no problems with Ewan being a super solider. But if he had a flaw he had to overcome - maybe jealousy - that would make him more interesting.

But I am nitpicking. Thanks for a great story.

Steve

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 7 years ago
I love it

when you get on a roll like that. What a great story and brilliantly told. I have to stop looking at the story title and just look at the author. Thanks for sharing.

jackh1962jackh1962almost 7 years ago

Just my opinion,but it looks like you may have the basis for a couple more stories from this one.For sure,the fall of Dave and Amy in LW. Also maybe Rob and Molly in a romance. Both could include different perspectives on some events in this story,as well as having the other characters from this one maybe past and future,too.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Epic Saga

Heroic, Dramatic, Romantic, Most,

Over the Top? Of course, that's part of its charm.

Thanks for the entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hey,qhml 1 , areyou getting senile ??

The story goes off often on unrelated tangent, and is full of grammatical and typing errors. What gives? Maybe you should retire before you embarrass your self too much. 1* of course.

Annie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic!!!

Sorry could not let the last comment left on here be from the size queen annette bishop. That being said spectacular work as usual cheating spouses should always get their just desserts in the end. Again thanks for your time and imagination. 5 stars.

Hotfoot2Hotfoot2almost 7 years ago
Where were you when the page was blank?

You assholes that bitch about some REALLY minor errors in syntax and grammar are the same people that try to teach art -- you have no talent and are jealous of those who actually create from whole cloth, that which entertains us. You are the people that complain about television content, and forget that one can change the channel at any time. And those who comment as anonymous -- you are the lowest of the low: No guts; no ability. If you wanted Shakespeare, why are you reading Literotica?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Vive La Difference!

I contrast this favorably with Peaks and Valleys, where the devoted wife inexplicably changed into an adulterous murderer. Here Amanda fought tooth and nail for the man she loved.

Just wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hey, Annie

A 'senile' qhml1 is head and shoulders above damn near every other author on this site. I was mildly irritated by changes in tense and person within sentences. Then I was entranced by the story and forgot all that crap. Yes, a copy editor would have helped. This is still a gem of a story by a true wordsmith!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dave and Amy

Would love to read a story featuring Dave and Amy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
2 star

i'll stick to web-spinner, sw mo hermit and couple more thank you

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 6 years ago
Yo

Annonybird. Go read web spinner...whoever the hell that is. Also, the next time you are on the loving wives site, go to the hall of fame and check out #1,2,4,5,8,9 &13. You just dissed possibly the best writer in literotica. Web spinner...give me a break...phantom writer

UncleBozzinUncleBozzinover 6 years ago
Thankee

Qhml1, thank you for continuing to post!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Fantastic Fantasy tale thoroughly enjoyed it.

1000 big stars.

green117green117over 6 years ago
as an addendum -

I swear... I was just rereading the last S7 tale and I thought "ya know, this is Q... this only only lacks the lead wearing a skirt"...

And then I remembered this one.

Green - something

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great writing

The ending was in fantasy land. A little over the top. The head doctor posted bond and skipped . How w could they charge him if she wasn't there to press charges. I say you rushed the ending it could have use another chapter. .still gave u a 5

JohnChildJohnChildover 6 years ago
sentamental

I loved it, please keep writing. Not enough stars in the voting board. Thanks for the wonderful yarn.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8996 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...