All Comments on 'Nova Terra Gen2 Ch. 03'

by Leenysman

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
Have to Agree

This seems reasonable to me: "Each of these kids would have eight parents, and that's got to be a good thing, right?" More is better, right? I'm enjoying your stories immensely. This is a really excellent exploration of the issues that will be raised by humanity's inevitable future conversion to polyamority.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 5 years agoAuthor
@ZZchromosome

I'm personally of the opinion that collective parenting also has merit, even in the absence of sexuality. Three or four single mothers, teamed up, could do a better job than each going it alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
FANTABULOUS

Got to admire Leenysman's creative and fertile brain that produces such imaginative and varied scenarios and intricacies.

That is supported and put forward by superior language and storytelling skills, including great dialog.

The end result being that we readers get entertaining and intriguing tales.

I had begun to think that this series and Nova Terra was going to be all smooth sailing with no storms or ruffled waters. But then the conflicts came, creating interest and keeping the next day from being the same old, instead inciting "I wonder how it will turn out?". And it was resolved to a very nice feeling. Thanks. (I do not want my fantasies to be dark.)

One area remained Pollyana-like. Marriages of two people inevitably have conflict. Marriages of four, six or eight people are more people for more conflict. Such as a wife feeling slighted. Or a husband realizing another husband is more in demand for sex than himself. Or simply women being catty to one another (regarding work situations, my wife has said it is easier to work with men than women). Assuming their farm creates a communal income/pot, there will be differences of opinion on how it is to be spent, both as to reinvestment in the business, maintaining and redoing their home, and also for diversion/recreation/vacation.

In the process of imagining poly marriages and making them look favorable compared to traditional marriage, authors gloss over or ignore the disharmonies and breakups that are bound to be part of it. Possibly less applicable to Nova Terra, because of the personality harmonization examination that must be passed. (This might be an area for sequels.)

With this nod to realism, I prefer my Literotica fantasies Pollyana-like rather than the ones that, for example, end with a divorced father crying in his beer, while depressed and alone in his dismal little apartment. As far as I'm concerned, if you want stark realism, go to TV/Internet news or the newspaper -- I want my Literotica escapism to be entertaining and fun. Like this Nova Terra series.

Unquestionably, 5 stars for the series.

Paul in Oklahoma

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 4 years agoAuthor
@fantabulous

The storyline here explores just a few of the group marriages of the early colony, and I chose to make the Chess/Cubic marriage a mostly happy one. That said, these aren't the only families and mention is made of poly-marriages breaking apart, to regroup with others, etc. Strife is there, I just didn't focus on it. After all, I want to write about joyful sex, not arguing.

It's too important to the colony to have effective families, hence the continuation of the compatibility testing that was used to pair the original colonists, except now it is attuned to poly dynamics and not all groups pass. Think of it as premarital counseling that actually works.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLeenysman@Leenysman
Please read my username/pseudonym as "Leeny's Man". Leeny was my wife's nickname, and she died in December 2014. I'm 60, looking to recover my life, my joy, my confidence, after some bad years before Leeny died. Literotica, or porn in general, isn't something she would have...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Nova Terra Series Info