Obsession Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, they have more games and prizes by the door that keep you from leaving."

Kyan chuckled. He didn't really go places that had large groups of people or screaming kids that often, but for his mate and her godson, he was willing to give it a go.

"Well, sounds like a great place, though it'll be my first time experiencing it. When I run screaming from the building, you can feel free to tell me 'I told you so'. What do you think?"

Kyle was already bouncing in the backseat with excitement and Natalie knew she'd never hear the end of his whining if she said no. They really didn't have anything else to do that day and it was probably a good idea to get Kyle's mind off of the fact that his mom had left him again. Hell, she could use a little fun and laughter herself.

"Sure, Kyan. Let's go to the Fun Factory. But, I warned you."

He drove them to Chuck's Fun Factory and was overwhelmed by the amount of games, pizza and people that were contained in the building, but, the smile on Kyle's face made it all worth it. They spent hours there and in between eating pizza and playing games with Kyle, Kyan took the time to get to know Natalie.

She was an RN, working at the hospital in the neonatal and pediatric units while taking classes at the local college, working toward becoming a nurse practitioner. Natalie had worked hard to put herself through college to get her Bachelors in Nursing and then to put herself through nursing school. She met Kyle's mother, Mindy, while in college and though she knew that Mindy was irresponsible at times, she defended her friend fiercely, knowing what she had been through during her life.

Kyan could do nothing but admire his mate's determination and her loyalty to a friend that seemed to care more about herself than the small boy who was currently playing in the huge ball pit in the center of the establishment.

In return, Kyan told her about his life. He told her about travelling around the world, trying to escape the masses of people and how he had preferred solitude for many years. He left out just how many.

He spoke of how much he had missed his family, especially his twin brother, and how his need to be around his family brought him out of his funk and back to the States. Kyan also gave Jasmine a lot of the credit for getting him back out into the real world. She wouldn't be satisfied until he had gone out clubbing at least once and had experienced shopping in the city. Kyan got used to crowds and socializing with people again because of her insistence and for that, he was grateful.

He was currently working as an associate professor in the psychology department at the University and he was actually enjoying it. His classes were small enough that he wasn't uncomfortable and it was a subject that he was knowledgeable in. He had even been asked to do some profiling work by his cousin Peter since coming back.

Natalie seemed as interested in him as he was in her, and for that, Kyan was thankful. He had worried that his attraction was one-sided at this point, but he could tell that she at least thought he was cute.

After a few hours, they packed up Kyle and Kyan drove them to Natalie's small house in the suburbs. Natalie allowed him to bring Kyle in, as he had dropped off to sleep in the car as soon as it had started moving. Kyan picked him up gently from the car and placed him on the bed in the room that Natalie had directed him to.

Natalie invited him to sit on the couch as she fixed them each a drink. Kyan made himself comfortable, taking in his surroundings. He could tell that she spent a lot of time studying, on top of working, the pile of books with the notebook full of notes gave it away. But he could also tell that she had a lot of love to give and was given a lot of love in return. Her coffee table was covered with cards and pictures drawn by the children that she worked with. There were numerous pictures on her mantle of kids giving her big hugs and smiling brightly. But, the main picture that was front and center, was one of Natalie and Kyle, laughing together. She probably loved the kid more than his biological mother and it was a good thing that she did or Kyle would be lost.

Natalie walked back into the living room and sat Kyan's drink down on an empty spot on the table. She smiled serenely as she looked at the pictures on the mantle. "Those are my kiddos. They make going to work worthwhile. I love seeing bright smiles on those faces. And working in pediatrics makes it easier for me to take care of Kyle when I can't find a sitter. I had to get all kinds of permission for him to be there, but it's worth it and the kids love it when he comes to play."

"Do you take care of him often?" Kyan asked.

"Often enough. I had a room made up for Kyle after I realized that Mindy wasn't really ready to be a mom. I'm not sure if it's helping or hurting the situation, always being there to take care of Kyle. Sometimes, I wonder if she would step up if I weren't in the picture...but I'm not willing to risk Kyle's safety to find out. It's just frustrating, especially when she pulls this kind of mess and leaves him in a store for me to find."

Kyan stared hard at her. "This has happened before?"

Natalie sighed. "Once before. I usually just keep him with me so it won't happen, but today, I knew I was going to have to tell James off and I didn't want Kyle around to hear it."

Kyan nodded solemnly. "I understand. You're an amazing friend, you know that?"

"I try. I can't do any more than that." Natalie smiled at Kyan and took a sip of her coke.

Kyan looked at his watch and realized that he had to go. He was supposed to pick up some papers to grade at 5pm and it was already 4:30. He looked back up at Natalie and knew that he wouldn't be complete without her, so he was going to have to be willing to do anything and everything to be with her. Anything, even if it meant becoming a father to a boy who barely had a mother.

"I have to run. I've got some papers I'm supposed to pick up at the Uni. I...I would love to see you again sometime. You and Kyle."

Natalie grinned. "Well, Kyle is definitely a fan of yours and you know, I think I'm becoming one too. Thank you for today. It was great."

"You're very welcome. Can I give you my number and you can call me when you're free?"

Natalie reached into her purse and handed Kyan her cell. "I'll give you my number too, just in case you want to call before I get a chance to."

Kyan couldn't help the wide smile that spread across his face as he handed her his phone. She wanted to see him again and she trusted him enough to invite him into her home and to give him her number. Things were surely looking up. Now, he only had to convince her that she was his soulmate and that he wanted to be with her forever... provided she let him bite her and turn her into a vampire.

It was going to be a lot harder than he had imagined, but he was willing to take the time to woo her. He would romance her and then he would claim her. And as he was closer to his Were side than most of his other family members, claiming was exactly what he was going to do and it was going to be one hell of a ride. His grin turned a bit feral and very lustful, but he managed to reel it in before he scared away his mate. Luckily, she was looking down at the phone in her hands, typing her number in. Kyan quickly added his number to the phone and handed it back to Natalie.

She walked him to the door, but before he could leave, she spoke. "Are you free next Friday?"

Kyan's eyebrows shot up. "Yes, I'm free."

"Kyle and I are planning a trip to the beach...would you like to come along?"

"I would love to. I'll even drive. Why don't you call me with a time and I'll come pick you two up. Do I need to bring anything?"

"I'll pack a lunch, you just bring yourself and a suit."

Kyan nodded and leaned down to plant a chaste kiss on Natalie's cheek. "I look forward to it. Thank you."

Natalie watched as he walked away and sighed. Hell, she almost swooned. Kyan was so damn hot and he was a total sweetheart as well. Natalie couldn't help but wonder if he was as wild in bed as her dreams led her to believe. He was the one that had invaded her sleep for those long months, she was sure of it. But, really, what the hell was she thinking, asking him out on a date to the beach?

The little voice inside her head assured her that she knew exactly why she invited him to the beach. She wanted to see that gorgeous body out of those clothes. And man, he was going to be absolutely scrumptious, if her dreams were any indication. Natalie found herself hoping that he turned up in nothing but a Speedo, but beat back her lustful thoughts after a moment. She had just met the man. They hadn't even gone on a date yet, and here she was, fantasizing about getting him naked and riding him hard on the beach? Restraint. She needed to practice restraint.

And she needed to officially get rid of one pesky dog of a boyfriend. After that, she was going to have to work out how she was going to break the news to Kyan. He might not want to be with her so badly when he found out her secrets.

12