Occupational Hazards Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nikki was sitting up, one bare leg sticking out from under the blanket. She held her hair back with one hand, messing it up. Her T-shirt was on the smaller side, emphasizing more of her breasts than she probably realized.

I gulped. "Hey. How was your bath?"

She gave me a sleepy smile. "Wonderful. Thank you."

"Of course."

"Did you bring me in here? I thought I—"

"Yes. I thought you'd be more comfortable. I'll sleep on the couch."

"Oh." Her gaze dropped.

"If you need anything, feel free to get it." I pointed behind me. "Though my fridge is pretty empty. I've been out of town and haven't gotten to the store."

"Okay." She seemed to follow the direction of my finger to the wall that separated my bedroom from the kitchen area on the other side. Then she looked back at me. Pointed at my feet...where the suitcases were. "Did I interrupt your plans?"

"No." I was being honest. Should I tell her now or in the morning about our impromptu trip? When would she be less prone to object? I chose to wait.

"Oh." She sat there for a minute, and when I didn't move, she turned to lay down on her left side. One of the pillows fell off the bed. And she'd left the lamp on.

I crossed the room again, intending to get both for her. But as I bent down to get the pillow, I froze. Her backside was exposed. Specifically, the backs of her legs.

"Oh, my God." I fell to my knees, gripping the edge of the mattress. Struggling to catch my breath. "Nikki? Did he do that to you?"

"It's not as bad as it looks." She tried to pull the blanket up, but it was tangled up in her feet. "It doesn't hurt. Not anymore."

I reached my fingers out toward one of the white welts that striped the backs of her thighs. Her calves. Not the crisscross marks I'd dreamt about. But just as bad.

She flinched as I touched her then lay still.

"I'm so sorry, honey."

There was a big sigh. Her body shook a little.

"What else has—"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay, I'm sorry." I sat beside her on the bed again, my right leg close to hers. When I reached to straighten out the blanket, she rolled back to stare up at me. Then she just lay there with the T-shirt creeping up her thigh. Outlining the curves of her breasts. Enticing me. I gulped, forcing my eyes back to hers. "I'll let you get some sleep."

Her hand reached out and grabbed my wrist. "Don't go."

"I think it's best."

"Whatever I want." She sat up, cringing as she used her right arm to support herself for a moment. "I took a bath like you suggested. You were right, it was great. But what I really want is for you—"

"Nikki, you're not being rational."

Her lower lip went out in a pout.

"You've had a long day. We'll talk more in the morning."

"But, Ben—"

"Goodnight, Nikki." My breathing was erratic as I walked out of the bedroom, closing the door behind me.

I made a bee line to the wet bar, poured a glass of bourbon, and went back out onto the balcony.

###

Maybe I should have told her the truth last night. I could have avoided the twenty-questions as I urged her to get ready so we could meet our cab downstairs.

Nikki slammed her brush down on the bathroom counter. "How am I supposed to get out of the country? I don't have a passport."

"I told you not to worry. So please—"

"Ben, you're not making any sense."

I put my hands on her shoulders. "Can you just trust me?"

"I do. I just don't understand. When did you—"

I cupped her face, telling myself not to get angry with her. She had every right to question why we were suddenly flying to Maldives. "You need a break from Hu—all this stress. I have a ton of vacation that's going to expire. I'm sorry, I thought it was perfect timing. The tickets are non-refundable. Will you please let me indulge you?"

"What about my job?"

"Taken care of." It wasn't a lie. Director Davenport was supposed to handle her absence. A dead relative or something, I guessed. "But we do have a flight to catch, so if you could please hurry it along? We can argue about the hows and whys once we're in the air."

"Fine." She narrowed her eyes and mouth at me but finished putting the rest of her things in the suitcase I'd provided.

We made it to the airport with twenty minutes to spare. She kept apologizing, to which I repeatedly told her it was okay, we would be fine. I was slightly worried, though, as we approached the ticket counter. We didn't have time to delay if they insisted on her identification. But as my boss had assured me, all I had to do was show my ID and my passport.

The agent picked up a phone, and a moment later, an officer appeared, which made Nikki cower against me. He led us around the corner toward security. But he bypassed the line, walking us directly through the restricted area for personnel. Our bags went through a separate X-ray machine, and then we were ushered to a waiting motorized cart.

No words were exchanged as he drove us straight to our gate with our two carry-on bags. Not even from Nikki. She just gripped my hand and pressed herself against my side. I did thank the officer as we disembarked. He tipped his hat, then he was off, back into the morning rush.

However, once we had settled into our business-class seats and were taxing to the runway, Nikki let out a deep breath, her whole body shaking for a moment.

I patted my other hand over our joined ones on the arm rests between us. "Are you okay?"

"There are a million questions in my head—least of which is what the hell do you do for a living?—but the only thing I can say right now is, I'm so glad you convinced me to go on this trip. So if I forget later, thank you!"

"You're welcome." I chuckled. "And to answer your question—"

Her hand covered my mouth. "No. I don't think I want to know. Not right now. I'm afraid you'll ruin the mood. You can tell me later. On our way home, maybe. We are coming back, right? You're not jetting me away to kill me or something, are you?"

I had started to nod in response to her first question but shook my head quickly. I wasn't going to tell her the truth, but this was better. I didn't have to lie. Yet.

She dropped her hand. "How long is the flight again?"

"Just over twenty-six hours, according to our tickets. We have to connect in London and Qatar. So I hope what I picked out for you to wear is comfy."

"It's fine."

"You can watch an in-flight movie. Or take a long nap. Are you still tired?"

She said, "No," but she yawned.

I put one of the travel pillows on my shoulder and patted it.

Her head nodded a few times as she fought sleep and tried to read one of the magazines in the seat-back pockets. But she finally gave in and leaned against me, pulling the blanket they'd given her up over her shoulders.

I closed my own eyes and leaned back, desperately needing to rest as well. Which seemed much easier now that we were somewhere Hunter Michaels couldn't get us. I just prayed the team could make some headway.

###

Traveling had not been one of the available indulgences I'd used these past two decades. Maybe the Council had considered that when our reservations were booked. Because I had done some research while on the flight. The cost of our airfare alone could have purchased a small car. And that was just one-way.

Surely, they could have sent us somewhere else for a tenth of the price. But I wasn't going to complain. I'd asked to be sent out of the country. That's exactly what they had done. They had picked the location, not me.

"Ben! Oh, my— What the— How in the world—" Nikki voice resonated through the rooms.

My head was shaking as well. I had not known what to expect when we arrived at the tiny string of islands in the Indian Ocean. According to the private butler—who gets a butler, much less a private one, on vacation?—we were in what was called Barros Residence, the only one of its kind at the resort. We had a bedroom, bathroom, and living room in addition to our own pool, a tropical garden, and direct access to the beach shared by the other guests.

"I take it back..." Nikki called from one of the private decks. "We don't have to go back. Ever."

"Yeah, I'm game." I had to admit that I was in no rush to return to the states. Not only because I knew when I did, Davenport would probably hold this trip over me for the rest of my life. I prayed that it would be worth it.

Normally, I would have unpacked the luggage at this point. But our butler had already seen to it. Including all of the clothes Nikki had bought while we were in London.

The layover had been good for both of us. I'd found a barber shop and gotten that long-thought-out trim, keeping some length on top but losing the side drapes. Time for biker-boy to move on. And I think Nikki had liked the change. When I'd joined her at a corner café, she had stumbled into an empty chair, licking her lips and blinking rapidly.

I stood in the wide, open doorway between the bedroom and the living room of our villa, noting the one big bed and the smaller couch. The latter was too narrow for me, yet I hated to have Nikki sleep there. It didn't look all too comfortable for anyone as a bed.

What had Julie been thinking? We needed at least two beds. Not to mention a door between them. Especially since we had an unknown time period for our stay. I hoped it wouldn't be too much trouble to trade down for a different villa. Until then, we would make do.

"This place is amazing!" Nikki said when she entered through the door to the pool area and joined me on the bedroom side. "I'm so glad you convinced me to buy a swimming suit. At least no one here will be able to see my scars."

That had been an oversight when I'd made the suggestion at Heathrow Airport. I hadn't even considered my words until they were out of my mouth. But I knew we would be surrounded by water, and she would want to get in if possible. So she would need something to wear, even if she used a T-shirt or towel to cover up her thighs to get there.

I checked my watch. It was almost twelve, although that was three in the morning back home...yesterday. "Are you hungry? Or do you want to rest?"

"Neither."

I turned to face her and gulped.

She dragged one hand across the end of the bed, kicking off her shoes as she approached me, her hips swaying. "I want to continue what you started in your car."

"Nikki..." It wasn't that I didn't feel the temptation myself, but I was still concerned about her.

She'd hesitated at the entrance to our villa and had only moved once I'd squeezed her hand and repeated what I'd told her on Wednesday night. She was fine after that, relaxing as she went on her self-guided tour. Yet we needed to discuss this habit and how to rectify it. Now that we had the time, I was hoping to talk to her openly about her situation. How I could help her if she would let me.

"No rules." Her head tilted ever so slightly. "Isn't that what you said?"

I groaned, shaking my head. "Yes, but—"

"Let me think for myself." Her teeth took hold of the corner of her mouth. "Please."

Her soft whisper. The desire in her eyes. That lip. Everything about her undid me.

I reached behind her neck with my left hand and drew her closer. Brought my head down, barely brushing my lips against hers. Heard and felt her moan. Another light brush, a deeper sigh. I ran the tip of my tongue against the line separating hers. Pulled back and started again.

Maybe I was hoping she would be mollified with a couple of gentle kisses for now. I'd comply for a few minutes, then I'd insist we get something to eat. Talk. Sleep to get rid of the jet lag.

She was insistent, though, to get her way. Her tongue licked my lips on my next pass. Her fingers flexed at the base of my skull.

Oh, fuck it. If she wanted this, I would give it to her. Wherever she led, I would follow. Maybe she would regret it later, but right now...

I tightened my grip on her. Increased the pressure of the kiss. Opened my mouth and met her tongue with mine. All as I walked her backwards. Lifted her up on the bed. Sat down beside her, just as we had sat on my bed back home on the East Coast.

Our moans combined. Then there were fingers in hair. Caressing. Lightly tugging as we tilted our heads. Hot gasps of air on cheeks each time we broke to catch our breath.

While we kissed, I slid my right hand up and down her left arm. Feeling how soft her skin was. How warm.

She turned more toward me, pressing her breasts against my chest. At first, I thought it was just because she had adjusted how she was sitting. But when she did it again, I got the picture.

As I moved my hand down to her elbow, I stroked the side of her breast through the material of her T-Shirt with my thumb. She gasped, arching against me. I did it again, and she cooed as her body shivered.

Over and over, I caressed her with one then two fingers, slowly. Reverently. Then teasingly just to hear her quickening breaths between kisses.

I shifted myself so I could cup her breast easier. To slowly stroke my thumb over her nipple. But one minute we were making out like school kids, and the next, she had pulled away. Was standing beside the bed.

"I'm sorry." I closed my eyes, willing my heartbeat to return to normal. Cursing myself. "I'm moving too fast."

Nikki was panting. "No, you're moving too slow."

I opened my eyes to see her pulling her top over her head. Unhooking her bra. Her breasts bounced a little as the fabric released its hold on them. I just stared in abject horror as she continued to reveal her naked body, wiggling down her pants but leaving her white panties.

While she was beautiful, my mind could not unsee the fading, yellow-and-purple discoloration covering her right shoulder. The healed scars on her upper arms. Her chest. The tops of her thighs. All places she was able to hide with clothing.

Before I could say anything, she pulled me back in for a kiss. I closed my eyes, embracing her but avoiding her right side as much as possible. She didn't protest when I laid her back on the pillows and fondled her breast. Caressed her side. Her hip. And I didn't complain when she fisted her hand in my shorter locks and tugged me close each time I tried to lighten up on my kisses.

I kissed her with reckless abandon. Not only because I wanted to show her that I didn't care about her scars. They didn't define her. But also because I wanted her to know that I really did see her now...that I wanted her.

We kept it up for quite awhile until I rotated my body to lie down on top of her, my waist developing a twinge from sitting sideways. Her hands pushed at my shoulders, and she struggled under me, pulling away from where our lips were locked together.

She was shaking her head when I sat up. "I'm sorry."

"Don't you dare apologize, Nikki." I was panting as I watched her heaving breasts, her puckered nipples. I gritted my teeth, dragging my gaze back to her face. She was seeing reason now? Yet I was satisfied if this was all the time I had with her intimately. "You have the right to stop whenever you want."

"But I don't want to." Her chin trembled, her gaze glassy. "I just..."

"Shh. Don't cry." I brushed my thumb across her cheek, wiping away a stray tear.

Her eyes darted down then back up to mine. "I want to...I want you to..."

"Tell me, honey. It's okay." I watched her tongue as it licked her lips, wanting to do it myself again. She tasted divine. Sweet, like the strawberry she had plucked from the bowl of fruit on the table in the next room when we first arrived. And I enjoyed sucking on that bottom lip she so enjoyed biting.

She closed her eyes for a moment. Didn't open them as she took a deep breath and said, "I want you to make love to me. But I want to be on top."

I blinked at her, my cock twitching with delight. "Okay."

It was a bit of a blur as I stood and stripped this time. As she finished. Then I was on my back. And she was crawling up to straddle my thighs as if this wasn't our first time seeing each other completely naked and were about to have sex.

The moment I saw her clean-shaven womanhood, my cock quickly hardened. It swayed between us now while I watched her lick two fingers and slide them between her legs. Then she moved up and forward.

I groaned, telling myself I had better not fuck this up. I wish I still had my cock ring. Anything to delay release as long as possible. Would Jeeves be able to get me something like—

All thoughts were instantly erased as she eased herself down. I almost cried myself. I willed my body to lay still. It betrayed me.

Her breath hitched when my hips rose, involuntarily. It was slight, but it moved us closer together faster than she'd probably intended. The tip of my cock was left pressing at but not quite breaching her barrier.

The glorious feeling of her womanhood wrapped around my crown in a soft cocoon of wet heat overwhelmed me. Made me feel like I was in a trance. That this wasn't really happening to me.

The creamy swells of her breasts rose gently then settled again with each measured inhale and exhale. The darker tips reached toward me. Beckoned me to draw closer.

My tongue slid out in response, wetting my lips. Longing to taste them. Soon, but not yet.

I kept my hands barely resting on her hips to stave the desire roaring within me. If I held her any tighter, I would be tempted to bring her down on me at my own pace. This needed to be on her terms. So I conceded to just feel her skin against mine.

I focused instead on tracing the silhouette of her body with my eyes. Noticed how her sides gradually narrowed as they led from her breasts to her waist just above my palms. How they curved out then dipped in again, defining her hips. Even with her knees spread wide as she straddled me, I could still picture the graceful lines of her legs when she had smoothed her hands down them, removing her slacks and panties just minutes and seconds earlier.

The feeling of fingertips flexing against my chest brought my eyes up to her face. My jaw clenched. My breath hissed in and out through my teeth now as I tried to maintain even a sliver of self-control.

Her eyelids had dropped to half-mast, her neck elongated with her head tilted back. The tip of her tongue glided back and forth over her upper lip for a moment. Then her lower lip rolled inward in that unconscious way of hers.

I slid my hands lower to the roundness of her ass. She moaned, her hips lifting just the tiniest bit. But it was enough to make my cock shift forward through her swollen lips.

Her jaw dropped open, her eyes clenching. She remained still for a long moment, not even breathing. Then, the delicate opening between her bow-shaped lips narrowed—the creases around her eyes and on her forehead flattened—as she nudged her hips back, apparently trying to move my cock to its previous position. When that didn't work, she nudged in a different direction. Her mouth widened again, and the creases reappeared.

Something in my brain said I should try to help her. I just couldn't think clearly enough to follow through. Even a hair's movement in any direction shifted her across the tip of my throbbing erection. Which made it twitch. Her gasp. And me groan.

I watched with pure fascination while her face contorted in a silent, erotic display, even though I hadn't entered her yet. It was as if she was experiencing all these wonderful, new sensations. Like she'd never been touched before. At least not with gentleness. Consideration. Adoration.

Another excruciating minute passed before she pushed back harder. Opening for me. We both moaned in tandem as I broke through and slowly slid inside her.

She guided her own way down, inch-by-inch. Cooing. Sometimes rising with a sharp gasp that made her breasts jiggle before continuing.

It felt like a decent into madness for me. But if this is what she needed, I would do it over and over again until she was comfortable. Gladly.