All Comments on 'Of Lust and Love'

by Kojak01

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Nice

A sweet romance of its time, 40+ years ago, and very enjoyable in context. 5*

ender2k2kender2k2kover 5 years ago
That was wonderful.

I liked the pacing and the characters. Very romantic. Thanks.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 5 years ago
Sweet romance

Lovely tale of figuring out what is important.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I liked it alot

I like your writing style and will read more of your stories. Thanks for your time and imagination. 5 *

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
PLeasant Romance

I worried at the beginning that Sarah might be a dark person who wanted to capture

his spirit and crush it. It turned out quite differently.

stattionstattionover 5 years ago
Good job

Well done on another successful story.

LingweLingweover 5 years ago
very nice romance

but in the end i still was a bit disappointed when i didnt get to read a nice sensual lovemaking scene.

Kojak01Kojak01over 5 years agoAuthor
@Lingwe

I thought about writing such a scene but Sarah's shy nature prohibited that... ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for a great story, carefully edited: Five stars! It showed the growth of the relationship, and of Robert's feelings toward Sarah. It also showed Sarah growing, coming out of her shell.

Two suggestions, however: First, I would have liked to know how Debbie in HR felt about the relationship: I expect their dating would not have surprised her, but the marriage would have been outside her comprehension.

Second, consider using setting as an element of your stories. How much better was the new office than the first one? What were the apartments like? Even the weather is a tool: if old-school pathetic fallacy seems overworked for you (rain for a funeral or breakup, puffy clouds for a picnic or good mood,) then change it up: "even the bluebirds' twittering seemed to mock my foul mood."

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Well Done

Certainly under the correct catagory as it is definitely a romantic love story. Nice to read a story where the people are nice, smart and good with their friends. Thanks for sharing. A 5

dauberdauberover 4 years ago
Very Enjoyable

I really like your style of writing. The character development and the plot are done well. I shall devour your other submissions and look forward to new ones.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 4 years ago

I've read 6 of your stories over the last few days and I've given every single one 5 stars.

What I find a little frustrating is how you often wrap them all up in a couple of paragraphs after the main characters get together.

After getting emotionally invested in the stories, it would be nice to have a little more detail on how their lives and interactions with each other, family & work colleagues went afterwards.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story but what happened to her job?.Were they allowed to carry on working together?.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Liked it but for the long build up and relatively short ending....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Cellulitis = infection of the skin

Cellulite = colloquial term for bumpy, aging skin

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
How

How did they justify their relationship at their work,without breaking rules.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story 5*s. Others have raised the issue of her job, so no point raising it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Delightful story. Her job? He requested the Board's permission to date and marry his Assistant. Considering the sterling job that team Rob and Sarah were doing, the Board considered it prudent to allow the relationship. Especially since marriage was the ultimate goal. :-) . 5+*s. Thank you for a great read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKojak01@Kojak01
Hi everyone, just a small update on me. I'm still around but experience a massive writer's block. Mostly caused by work and life. Things are looking better, though. I feel like I could soon start on finishing one of the stories I've worked on.