All Comments on 'Old Country'

by Flavian

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Meh

What! No Three Way??? Too unbelievably civil!

Perhaps they could all become butt buddy's.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
occasionally annoying as one wades through words trying to elucidate mystery but ...

ultimately a quality read ! The author did take care to leave enough breadcrumbs to assuage patience until all was revealed. In real life, I suspect the P.I. investigation would have unraveled the full extent of wife's deception but in terms of building to climax , its easy to see why Flavian spaced out the revelations aa he did.

Excellent contrast was made between rural and urban settings. The late blackmail twist was also well played. I do have qualms about Louanne being as benign as her protests of best intentions declared, but did chuckle ruefully at second string hubby's declaration that he couldn't quit her. Ah well, better him than me. ,*****

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Good stuff

I enjoyed this tale, but did find parts slightly boring & unrealistic. I mean, come on, a guy gets beaten up badly enough that he's in hospital for days, finds out his wife is cheating on him with his attacker; that she's married to both of them & long story short the two men become best buddies. Jezz, not in my world. 4 ****

funksofunksoover 9 years ago
Wait...

The guy gives him a song about how he couldn't satisfy his wife and that she wasn't satisfied until he came along?

What a fucking asshole.

Hell, the guy should sue him for alienation of affections.. He was rich and still went after more money.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 9 years ago
Well

Lots of dramatic events, and a very fun premise. I wish it FELT more, though. It was more like the story of two dudes getting to be buddies.

I also don't really like that it sets up the cheater to walk away in such grand fashion. Her job, her love, she'll probably have those kids now...her husband? Alone. The end.

Good story that FTDS should fix the ending of.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 9 years ago
Thank you for the first decent LW story in a long time.

Really good LW stories are rarer than hen's teeth. This was one of the better ones. Please Sir, can we have some more.

fifteen16fifteen16over 9 years ago
Trust

She is a liar and breaks the law, would a company really continue to employ her in such a responsible position, not a good image for any business .Carrying hurt and hate is not good but visiting her in prison visiting her in prison, why, to gain what, perhaps it's this closure thing you hear so much about these days, sounds more like wallowing to me. You spin a good yarn Flavian, keep going.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
Innovative and compelling

A solid 5* story. Wonderful read and interesting outcome. I would love to read a sequel after she gets out of jail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great

Luanne is one of those people who get thrown into a vat of shit and come out smelling like a rose. That song is an insult to the Ohio husband whether intentional or unintentional. He's lucky to be rid of a faithless wife. The Bama guy may be sorry he hooked up with her. I guess they both should have realized that the red A on her shirt was really "The Scarlet Letter" after all.

Boyd Percy

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Good ending

IMO the story is fine, as it stands. The dumb bitch got caught in a bad situation when she first hooked up with Cowboy and she didn't have the moral courage to own up.

As far as getting FTDS to do anything with it, I'm getting tired of reading these requests. FTDSs modus operandi is to finish stories that are dormant. Either by virtue of clearly being unfinished by authors who have given up on the site, or by contacting authors and getting permission to add to the work. Whether there is a sequel or not, this tale is finished to this point as far as the author is concerned. To call for FTDS to finish it is an insult to this author.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
Great story

I liked it, one of the best reads I've had for a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Luanne is the epitamy of evil incarnate

No one man deserves something like that, or a woman if the roles were reversed. Seriously, Luanne needs to be held down on her stomach with a knee in her back, her head pulled back by the hair and a sharp knife pulled across her throat. Anyone who does/did something like that deserves the same fate.

Sex is something between two partners. No one else. It is for and between them, something they talk about and experiment with until they know what they like and their partner likes. That is what marriage is all about. And if together they agree they want to bring another person in or even a couple, it is something done by the two of them, not one cheating and skulking behind the others back.

But the story was GREAT! When he finds out Luanne had a second husband, I believe I was as shocked as husband #1! Which is what every good author wants to do.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Great story

Quite believable. Just a little suspense of reality needed and not too exaggerated. Well done and please continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No good outcome for husband #1

So it didn't leave me feelin warm and fuzzy, just sad for him.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Great guys

The two anons before Mitch are intent on channeling acts far worse than anything the woman ever did. What did she do? She got laid. She ate the last doughnut. She drank the last beer. She thought only of herself, just like a guy who spends $2000 on a fishing trip on his anniversary.

Okay, perhaps a little worse than that, but he is still intact. He seems to drop her pretty quickly. He is not wallowing in grief, forever shattered. He says 'meh', gets a lawyer and goes on his way. And if he doesn't care, why should I?

She was not responsible for the beat down. And this raises a question: why didn't she ever make the connection? What did she think happened?

But carving off body parts or killing her? That is taking her 'everything' away from her in the last case. In about a year, this guy is going to be nailing some single mom who is about two points higher on the sex rating than he is. That is why we have the law system: so persons like yourself do not get to say 'this is enough' when you are bitter and sad.

Honestly, I would have liked to see more shit happen to Luanne, but on thinking of it, a lot of extra shit DID happen to Luanne. The author just doesn't describe it, which is a pity. What is her mom going to say to her? What will her best friend say? What will her married friends do? And her 'job' is now 'head of administrative filing' with an all girl work force, some of whom are going to think she is a whore.

And the worst thing is she will be telling herself that too.

If you want to blame anyone for her 'soft landing' it is Hinon. And just like 'An Innocent Question' in ohio's story list, where the cheated upon man says 'why yes, I will happily emotionally trigger by shaking the hand of the man who fucked my wifes brains out', the idea that THIS guy is going to go down to see Hinon be 'happily married' to his ex wife is distasteful. I hope he is lying to Hinon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
yuck

Flave ... you've done much better

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
What has she lost?

After a few months he comes back to her job. Is no longer required to travel 50% of the time. Doesn't have to maintain an expensive apartment for appearances only. Has a husband and home waiting for her. And her new/old husband just got a very large cash settlement from her employer.

The only loser here is former husband #1.

The best part of the story? When she came into his hospital room wearing the scarlet A.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
sorry,

she comes back to her job, not he. my mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good story

was a good entertaining story with a bit of a twist

thanks

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
This story I like!

I love unraveling the mystery around a wife that loves her husband dearly, but cheats with an extra-marital lover. House of Cards, Ohio; Elenor Rigby, HDK, and many others. But this one was different. Wifey was truly messed up in her head! She was sweet but nothing but trouble. I love the tension and the sense of justice in the end.

The ability to turn a song into an entertaining story is priceless. Well done! 5 stars.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
so how ....?

How does any sort of competent investigator miss that she is married to hubby #2?

Marriage is a matter of public record and public knowledge especially in a rural area.

She did get an odd gift in getting to keep her job.

But as to punishment?

A felony conviction is a huge black mark on the rest of her life.

Giving hubby #1 that song was tactless and tacky of hubby#2, it would be hard to stay friendly with someone that did that.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Very good.

thanks for the offering. Not the ending I expected, but such is life. Well written. Five stars.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Good four-star story

Interesting plot. I can see Luanne blundering into both relationships. My guess is that she and hubby number two will remarry and push out rug rats. Hope hubby number one can find somebody trustworthy.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
predictable

but still a good story to read.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
A question though

I thought the bigamous marriage happened in Nevada, not Alabama?

avidfaavidfaover 9 years ago
Terrific story!

I really enjoyed this very different take on the standard subject. Truly took me away for a while as I read it. Did not know where it was going at all, right up to the end.

I liked that the wronged husband knew right away what had to be done, I liked the surprise of the double cheating, and I especially liked that the hick farmer was more like landed gentry.

I liked how the tension just leaked out of the story when Travis suddenly understood what was going on, and that murder and mayhem were never really on agenda beyond the first beating and restrained payback.

I liked the characters, plot, and writing, and I liked the men being men.

Good work, very well done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

Great characters. Cheesy dialogue, you gotta love it ! Sad ending for him.

Love to read the next chapter, when she cheats again. Cause ' old country' is too rough. Or snores ! LOL

Thanks for the fine read.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It was something new and different!.....

....but Luanne got off easy and hubby number 1 got the shaft.

Now that jus' don't seem right.

Boo hoo, she's so sad that they got hurt. But she takes no real responsibility for being the cause of it all. Without ever using the work, you gave us the very definition of a cheating, lying, duplicitous slut and bigamist whore. She seemed to have little or no real conscience about her actions, so much as grieving that she had to do jail time.

I'm disappointed than Glenn was so blasé about it all. He talks about being major pissed off, but the worst thing he does is give back about 4% of what his newfound friend gave him in the parking lot at CVG.

Sorry, that dog won't hunt.

But please watch your grammar and spelling more closely. "She had pleaded...", really? That should read, "She had pled...". That was one of the more blatant issues. Fortunately there weren't too many and they weren't overall too egregious. But you could do with more polish.

So, other than some minor editorial issues, it was one of the best overall reads in nearly two weeks. Sometimes I go months without coming across a well written story with character and plot interest at this level.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another wimp cuck story

Actually it's 2 wimps/cuckolds and a cheating slut story written by a wimp/cuck writer. 1* only because -10* isn't available.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Oh Come on...

OK, I gave it a five, but I give almost everything a five in the LW section. That's because there are so many who like to hand out 'one's' for other peoples' hard work.

This was a sad little story that left me dissatisfied, and here's why...

First, like FD45 said; she certainly must have connected Glenn's beating with Travis. That leads to something else; wouldn't Travis have said something to her about her infidelity. I mean who's the real wimp here?

Second, though I'm a die hard raac, I couldn't see Glenn making the visit to prison. Were I Glenn I'd want to get and stay as far from Luanne as possible. I'd want to erase her from my memory as quickly as I could. She was a four year mistake; get away and get on.

Third, were I Glenn I would have worked with Travis on catching her, but I'd never have gone to Mobile. I mean the absolute last person I'd ever want to see was Luanne. I mean why add any more pain?

Fourth, attempts at infusing local dialect never works. Glenn might have commented on Travis's heavy dialect, but trying to write it in only interferes with the story. I have many friends from Virginia and east Tennessee, and they don't have special keyboards that allow them to infuse distinctive dialects.

Last, yeah she was sick, but were I Glenn I knew there wasn't anything I could do for her. She was just a big mistake I'd have to get over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Here comes another JPB

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
I'm not thrilled

With your penchant for anti-Heroes; but you write a good plot. I really enjoy your work. 5 stars

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Thoughts

First, if Travis takes her back, then NO I wouldn't be down for a visit.

Second, as she herself said, if she discovered a need for a little rougher sex, then she should have talked to her HUSBAND about it. There's no need for any embarrassment - simply explain the situation to Travis and get an annulment, then go home and work things out with hubby.

Finally, didn't she wear her wedding ring when she was in Birmingham? If not, that sot of puts the lie to the rest of her story.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
yep communication lacked -

She was too devious by half and then just fucked up -

Travis is a fool - but he seems to be a deliberate one - so whatever -

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
I think that if she's really lucky

she'll get all the rough sex she needs and deserves in jail. And it couldn't happen to a nicer bitch. If she didn't like what Glenn was doing so much that she had to fuck around on him in Alabama, then she should have shown some class and divorced him. Instead she just showed herself to be a low class gutter bitch. Not a way to treat a man who put up with her sorry ass. And maybe in Ohio when you get blindsided by an LA(lower Alabama) piece of trash you just hit him a couple of times and then listen to his shit, but if you are from a much bigger State just west of there a couple of states, you put his ass in the ground.

Didn't like any of your characters in this one at all. Pimps and whores. Sounds like a party theme, not a cast of characters. Sorry, you write pretty good, but this whole premise just went clean through me. No rating on this at all.

norcal62norcal62about 9 years ago
Well written story. Interesting plot and how it was put together.

Some of your descriptions could use fewer adjectives. I cringe whenever is "steaming hot mug/cup" of coffee/tea/chocolate, etc. is used. Why does it always have to be steaming?

Having the plot hinge on pure physical pleasure is a little light, but it was handled adequately.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed reading your story even though it was pretty obvious what was going on. But that's usually the case with most stories. It's the way you write it that makes it so enjoyable. Great personalities and very few grammatical errors so you're not stumbling your way through the story. As far as the plot, it does seem that Glenn got the worse part of this deal, physically, financially and emotionally but it was his decision not to have any part of Luanne. I would have at least sued her company to recoup my loses for the divorce. I wonder who she would choose if she had a choice. I was surprised that Glenn didn't tell her that the sex she enjoyed so much with him was when he was trying to punish her. Also, just because Travis will take her back will she remarry him and if she does will their marriage last or will being with Travis remind her of what she did to Glenn and the guilt eventually kill the marriage. She definitely has a character flaw. She's so insecure that she has to get as much verification that she can to prove her worth. AND finally I'M GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE CALLING THESE CHEATING WOMEN BITCHES. I've owned two bitches that were the sweetest, most affectionate, loyal people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Talk about unconditional love, plus, whenever I pulled my Charles Daly over n under out they were always ready to go. Now that's TRUE LOVE. Thank you for another wonderful story and all your hard work or fun whatever the case maybe.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 9 years ago
Yeah, on the one hand...

for some reason I don't want her locked up for a long time... even though her actions are reprehensible.

She loves her husband (Glenn) and doesn't want to hurt him... so her method for that is to stay in an accidental marriage with another man who gives her better fucks than her husband does - because, idiot that he (Glenn) is, he treats her lovingly instead of like the sex-crazed slut she wants to be treated like - rather than maybe, just maybe, explaining to her husband (Glenn) that she needs it a bit rougher...

Yep, just much better to let her husband (Travis) give her the GREAT sex and lie to both of them, waiting for it to blow up in her face (which she knows is likely to happen) and seriously hurt both of them (the husbands - who cares at this point if she's hurt...?)...

One thing I think they (both husbands) should have done when they visited her... they should have explained exactly what landed Glenn in the hospital and how close to being life-altering it COULD have been for him... unlike the life-altering decision she'd made to marry and STAY married to a second man...

Also curious that her boss must have told her to act all loving with him (since she does) too... rather than giving him the impression that she was offended by being blackmailed (which she now acts like she was)... after all, if she likes it rough, what's rougher than having to have sex with someone you don't WANT to have sex with...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Extraordinarily unsatisfying

So at the end of the day, the husband gets his ass stomped and the wife gets her man. No justice here.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
*****

Yup. Was a tale. Just wondering where the dog was though ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This was truly fucked up

A story of 3 assholes and a husband who was getting fucked over by everyone. So... Let's get this straight. She spends a little time at the local 'country club' courtesy of the state of Georgia, gets her job back when she's done, gets the guy back who is the better fuck, and keeps everything she started with except for the 'real' husband who she had to keep going back to Ohio to maintain the image of a marriage. She also has the help of the law to get rid of the guy blackmailing her. This story is so fucked up I don't know where to start. She has to be on the list of the top 5 hated women I have ever read about. She likes to fuck so much, maybe someone needs to pick her up when she's released and give her a free one-way trip to a country where she can get all the strange cock she can handle all day long. The trip also comes with a free branding of her owners mark on her ass. What a cunt.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
It was a well written story but...

I didn't like the ending. When you develop a sympathetic character like Glenn it just ain't fittin' ta shee-it all over him like that. Makin it out like he cain't get his wife off. Hell; she wanted ta have kids with him.

Plus Travis didn't git neer enuff ass kickin!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@ erotic fan

Yeah the ending sucked. The hot chick cheated and got off with a slap on the wrist after causing a lot of pain . How dare Flavian make the conclusion pretty much true to life as I know it?

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 7 years ago

a well written, if flawed fantasy. i've not read a story here with this particular twist, and it was done well, some clues along the way. i really enjoyed it, and would love a continuation after a few years, her and travis. thank you!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Second time through

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I agree with KarenE,

didn't she wear her wedding rings when she was working in Birmingham. Her

intention to cheat on her husband seems to be very blaring.

Also, what would be her response to her Ohio hubby, if she discovered he had followed the same path of cheating on her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another well written story

But I just didn't like it. Her excuse was just plain stupid. I wonder why she didn't talk to Husband #1 about her concerns? And while they were in the same boat, smacking a guy with a roll of quarters doesn't equal hospital time. The guys being friends really didn't feel right and Bama's offer to come visit them after he takes the slut back fried my mind. Who would take her back? She's a professional liar and cheat. And a total wing nut. I liked the clever plot, I just hated the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
well-written,

written better than most stories on this site, but kind of wimpy.

desertdog43desertdog43over 6 years ago
Busy

little beaver wasn't she ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No

I never got why the cheated husband helps the cheater to clear her chest by hearing the many way she betrayed him. I mean was kind of "closure" can you get hearing that you're not good enough in bed for her?

Another annoying thing is what I call the "fucking high road". Email the slut? What for? And play best mates with the wimp that's willing to take her back?

Sorry none of these things make sense to me. Otherwise a good story, but the end ruined it to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

A different take on the cheating wife. I appreciate your creativity. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Travis needs to die

All men like him need to die

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nah

If Travis was rednecked enough, what from being born and bred in redneck country, that he went to Ohio to kick ass.... well, he was also a wuss if taking her back.... Nah

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago

A wee bit odd, but a decent story saved by Travis having season tickets for Alabama football.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Helluva yarn

Thanks. Enjoyed that

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nope

The plot is far fetched. The characters are “can’t tie their own shoes” stupid. And it’s not erotic. Just another excuse for bitching about women. Just title your next story: “I’m a miserable fucking loser who hates all women”.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

1* because the first husband was such a pussy.

How can they be civil to that deceitful bitch? She lied to them both... was giving each of them sloppy seconds for a year.

The ending totally sucked ass as well. She got to keep her job... and the husband that was a better lover. Luane didn't seem to give a shit about divorcing the first husband.

I agree with anon below. He should have told her that he was fucking her like a cheap whore after he found out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Glen lost out a better man

Country boys for the win!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Flavian

Just one question here for Flavian, if the husband is not suing her but only going for a no fault divorce, why do he spend money on PI and then travel all the way to Birmingham and then go after the second husband if he doesn't want any revenge on the bitch and is not even angered? Just don't make sense! It was running very nice till after the Birmingham adventure! Request a reply please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
no

no just no

the 2nd husband would never ever trust her.

And the first guy gave up just to easy with little revenge factor at all.

Would you keep her, have kids, ever trust her not to leave for "better" sex with yet another guy?

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

sorry think of it like gymnastics. No matter how great the routine, it's all for naught if you can't stick the landing. You were there right up until the ending and you exploded on impact. That was a horrible ending. She was convicted of a FELONY! but her job would be waiting for her?!? lol sure. the second husband is basically a cuckold.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Now that was a good story. However, I did guess what was going on early in the story. It was not hard to work out.

That said, I think the reactions of both husbands is off kilter.

I cannot believe hubby 1 would not get financial relief from her employer, he would want some compensation for his pain and suffering.

I also cannot believe hubby2 would take her publically back. He was a cuckold with all that entails.

He seemed a proud man and I find it impossible to countenance he would put himself, in front of his friends, to do so again.

Because of these plot flaws I give the story 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
STUPID!

Well written but you apparently have no clue as to how people react in the real world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Glen was a chump in more ways than one. I could 'almost' see' the plausibility of some of the story..... But he did not want to pursue her or her ex-boss and her old company who is going to hire her back to avoid a sexual harassment suit? That is just plainly dumb-ass stupid. I can see him getting along with Travis after realizing the true situation but to roll over? If he was rich as hell, and the son of generations of Amish/Quakers or some other bullshit that he would just forgive it all, maybe. That alone dropped from a 5 to 3.

gamblnluck

SecretAgentHubbySecretAgentHubbyover 3 years ago
Different approach

I like how this one took a different turn than the typical LW story. Let’s see a sequel - I would like to know how each of the three main characters moved on.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story and as been mentioned ,different to the normal boring run of the mill cheating wife stories.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Glenn should have added his name to the suit simply to get the money paid out if for no other reason.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Gross

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Entertain story but I have some complaints.

Both husbands are so civilizing understanding and forgiving in such a genteel way. Please real people would have rage beyond imaginationPlease real people would have rage beyond imagination.

A woman is a sociopathic narcissist.

Her commentary reflects really no sense of sadness for what's happening and she's eating sadness what's happening she's even thrilled she gets go back to her old job.

But the farmer would take her back present hes really but take her back present hes really an idiot. He's thinking that he would be a nut for her for me he would be a nuff for her from that point on after she was cheating the guy's fool and serves anything the guy's full ones there's anything you get from that point on.

The 2 guys becoming friends yeah I can see that.

And mila's gas picked up all of this is the guys are always to all of this is the guys are always somewhat forgiving and understanding. This is other nonsense. Events like this are so emotionally devastated that some people never get over it.

Just once I wish one of these joys would reflect the reality of that kind of day the reality of that kind of devastation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

""I am truly sorry for the way things worked out, but especially for how badly you two were treated," Luanne said. "Neither of you deserved what happened.""

If the above is true, don't you think that she would've put just a LITTLE bit of effort into making sure that it didn't happen in the first place? Ah, well, LW stories are made of these...

LWlurker

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

Um, no. Just no.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They're both wimps. This story suck'd ass

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Loved the story...until the end. The MC gets the shaft here with the 2nd husband getting what he wanted all along. Nope. Almost like the MC doesn't really have any emotion.

Ocker53Ocker53about 2 years ago

The ending was just too stupid for words, it brought the whole story down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Terrible ending, the MC gets to live a lonely existence in an apartment by himself after experiencing the ultimate betrayal while Luanne and Travis get to be happy and try again. Needs a sequel where the MC finds a new love and Luanne once again cheats on Travis.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

All 3 of then should have been fed to aligators along with the acomplice in the beating instead of this shitty ending.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Walter describes your characters best: "Dumbasses!" 2 fucking wimps. I got more respect for the blackmailing boss than the two goobers. Maybe goober #1 will take pity on goober #2 and kill the cunt as she leaves prison. One can only hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Husband #1 pretty much lets her walk over him and she is a cunt for telling him that sex with him was mediocre. She gets everything back at the end, including her job and the husband she preferred, leaving #1 a smoking pile of rubble. Why didn't he go after her blackmailing boss and the company if Alabama recognizes a Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress claim by the wronged husband. Hubby #! has a valid claim; the claim by Husband #2 is iffier. Legally, his "marriage" to the cheating wife was null and void from the outset because she was already married to #1. I think #2 gets an annulment but I think he would lose the Intentional Infliction claim.

Flavian hasn't written for years on this site, at least, but he has in common the same flaws as a number of other LW authors. Like Ohio, George Anderson, Rehnquist, etc, he is technically a good writer, but his male MCs tend to be sad sacks who have been screwed over and ultimately do little or nothing to remedy their situation after the wife treats them like shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Author's worst story. Wow. What a waste with a bad ending. Glenn really got shit on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If I were her former employer, she would remain as such. She is a ticking bomb. She’s irresponsible and makes horrible decisions while drinking. She’s also a liar and minimizes, and or ignores the consequences of her immature actions. She is a liability waiting to happen. And, she had a felony conviction for dishonesty. Would you take the risk and hire her for a position other than as a receptionist, hostess, or corporate escort?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
*

too long, too boring, too much bullshit. unsatisfying end.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Interesting story right up until the point that the bigamy was revealed. Did not see that coming.

Once Glenn and Travis actually started talking and the big secret came out ... It went downhill from there.

The ending felt rushed. There was no real emotion to it. She doesn't contest divorce or annulment. Goes to jail for minimum sentence. Gets her job back. Travis takes her back. The author could have literally written that and saved us a bunch of reading without sacrificing any emotional content.

It might have been more interesting of she had been told about Travis beating Glenn and putting him in the hospital because of her actions. Maybe then she would have actually shown some true remorse and emotion over her actions.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well thr bigamy ruined the story. And then Travis plans to take her back, because hey great sex! There is more to marriage and love than orgasms. And why submit to thr blackmail? Maybe dominate once, get it on tape what her boss was doing, then threaten to burn him if he reveals (which is what happened). Disgusting that Travis will take her back. Uggh.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story, well written. It was not the usual cheating story so the originality was refreshing. Keep writing ,please. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

And, the big guy is the better cuck! Who'd say so? Very weak men, both husbands.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Though all commenters have the right to their opinions, I have to respectfully disagree with most. The story was very well written and the characters were believable. This kind of shit does happen in real life and the responses of all involved rang true. Gotta think the author took someone's story and made it readable.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Agree with commenter from six months ago. There is more to marriage than orgasms. And besides she realized that she coukdnhave had what she wanted with Glenn just way too late. The bigamy was silly, but Travis taking her back is odd. And the blackmail threat was legitimate as she could go to jail, but she could have gotten help from the authorities to set the asshole up. One state won't bother to prosecute her on bigamy in another state. Still well written.

Cracker270Cracker27021 days ago

A very well written story. That is also exceedingly sad. And I would like to close with: Roll Tide

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous