All Comments on 'Old Neighbours Become New Friends'

by ScattySue

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderful

Sue, you can keep writing these long, dramatic, WONDERFUL stories forever! I even enjoyed the different POVs (although I think you may have messed up the italics in a couple of places). Just keep writing these lovely romances.

*****!

sparktjsparktjalmost 9 years ago
Utterly Compelling

I've just spent most of the morning with the cat on my lap while I read your delightful story. I didn't want it to end. It's beautifully written, so very plausible, and with the just the right degree of eroticism to keep my interest going. I loved it, from start to finish and at one point even found myself welling up a little. Thank you so much for giving me such a pleasurable morning.

TommybowlerTommybowleralmost 9 years ago
I should have guessed it was Sue

Loved the story, cried a lot at the last quarter of it. I had not read the name of the author until the end then thought well of course it had to be Sue with such a loving touching story. (There were some grammary bits that stuck out to me) my only real gripe, is when the two heroines got it on you used tits, I would have preferred to read breasts. But then what does it really matter? Coming from a middle aged straight man? Please don't stop writing x

JonStuartJonStuartalmost 9 years ago
A Captivating Love Story

What an amazingly lovely journey through two people's becoming a loving couple. You kept me so caught up in the story that I didn't skip over any part despite it's length like I usually do. It was so well written and I enjoyed the use of the different points of view. I hope you write more about them, adding a plot line where Raveena becomes pregnant and the two raise a family. Perhaps you could tell it from the point of view of the child they raise.

ScattySueScattySuealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thanks for the very positive comments so far; I'm glad you've enjoyed the story.

Yes, there were some formatting errors - the perils of using formatting tags where I don't add in the closing tag. I have submitted an update that hopefully rectifies these so that should be in place in a few days.

@Tommybowler: In fact, it is only Mattie that calls them "tits" (though Veena does once when quoting Mattie). Mattie has told me that she feels that she is so small on top that calling them "boobs"would be like describing two small satsuma oranges as "a pair of melons" :-) Of course, working on building sites with lots of blokes might also be part of the reason.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
ScattySue, "Old Neighbours Become New Friends"

WOW!! A moving, tender, romantic, lesbian love story with a refreshing twist, as told from both women's points of view. If anyone of you can read this story without becoming emotional, quickly check your pulse, because I think you are dead!

I'm scoring "Old Neighbours Become New Friends" at 10-Stars and 12-Orgasms.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful stories with all of us.

Gay Kat.

BenedictRaymondBenedictRaymondalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

Your a very talented writer, couldn't put this story down. I look forward to your next offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Truely delightful

You have accomplished what few writers would attempt---the juxtapositioning of two different view points to tell such a deeply moving, wonderful story. You did it very well---my congratulations to you on your achievement. Please continue writing.

CelticTravelerCelticTraveleralmost 9 years ago
Sue, perhaps your best yet!

Sue, perhaps your best work. I read the entire story in one sitting. Your ability to weave the charters, relationships keeps the reader engaged. I enjoyed the introduction of Roz into the mix, your stories set a benchmark for this website.

Thank you for sharing the story. Keep writing and never mind the "Tossers!" Always going on about edits and such. Perhaps they can begin to author their own work. Your the Tops!

CelticTraveler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
amazing

glad to see the "editors" of Literotica can find a rare gem to publish... so well woven.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I really liked it, but there is a but

I really liked the plot, the scenery, the characters.

The sex scenes were sizzling, mainly the ones with Matti before Raveena.

I also found the discussion regarding racism and homophobia to be very precise and well written.

BUT -

The method of writing both sides with repeating the same scene is tedious. Much better to do it in a spiral, so as not to repeat same dialogue bits.

Also, I think you really really really need to cut it in two. 15 pages for a story in one part is wayyyy too long.

Thank you for making this huge effort.

You did well!

elusiouselusiousalmost 9 years ago

Fantastic story- I very much enjoy your detailed writing. Well rounded, distinct characters, an emotional plot that moves the reader, erotic scenes that are fantastic. I liked the story from both sides format- I believe it helped me "know" the characters better. The only thing that seemed out of place, to me, occured when Mattie was tempted to read Veena's diary. I think that could just be me though. :) Thanks for sharing a wonderful story that I thoroughly enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Apart From...

IS SHE ISN'T SHE - I have not read a story that has held me from the beginning in a long time. I have kept to the short one page stories, but, yours was truly engaging, you understood the characters and the story line was consistant. I'm not into the repetition but I can honestly say I didn't mind it, I found myself interloping with both characters and Vasanta reminded me of my sisters (all 4 of us would have done it as Vasanta did). Keep writing - Love your style.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent Story

An excellent story well written and sensible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Very very Favorite writer....

My three favorite stories now. Sneaky, Little thing and now this. You know how to Rock out a story girl! If you were here right now I'd kiss ya! Cheers!!!!!

LcnmdLcnmdalmost 9 years ago
A wonderful story!

A wonderful story! I wasn't sure at first, then as I read this and they weren't repeating each other, it really started to flow!

A love story in the truest sense!

Thank you!

L

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesalmost 9 years ago
Tuna? On pizza?

Is this an Aussie thing?? Yech.... Vivid writing, sweet romance, real characters. Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Kept me reading

This kept me reading right until the end. Loved the interlude with Roz to keep up the 'will they-won't they' suspense.

vggirl08vggirl08almost 9 years ago

Very sweet, loving and realistic story. The characters made the story appealing and relatable. I kept thinking that it was non-fiction :-). Anyway I very much enjoyed it. Didn't think I would enjoy the story from both perspective..but it worked out. Thank you so much for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
How?

It's 11:45 at night and my eyelids are drooping but I just had to finish this story tonight. Christ, Sue, you've done it again---how do you manage it? I don't know how you churn out such good stuff at such length so frequently but whatever you've got, I wish you could bottle it---I'd buy up your complete stock. As usual, you've created a set of lovely, wholly believable characters (you really have the ability to make your characters so real that the reader would like to meet and know them). I could rattle on and on but I'm fast running out of superlatives for your stories. So I'll just say that your work is worth far more than the five stars the site allows.

Brian

PS I think I grow more fond of you with each new story.

PPS You didn't say--- did Mattie and Veena ever stop smoking?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
become a fan

After Such a Little Thing & the Case of the Sneaky Valentine, and now this, I can't help, but become a big fan of your writing. Please continue publish your work. And thanks for sharing your story with us.

gnome_mangnome_manalmost 9 years ago
So Loving, So Wonderful

Sue, I don't know what to say that your other commentors haven't already said. You are gifted, brilliant and so sublimely loving. You got me to like Roz and worry about her own needs just as much as I worried about Veena and Mattie. I didn't really know what I wanted.

Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This Story Rocks

Wow, What A Wonderful Story. I Couldn't Stop Reading It. I Hope You Have More Tales To Tell like This. Is So Much Like My Life, Meeting & Falling In Love With My Girlfriend.

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
It truly worked

This was much more complex than your other stories. Her relationship with Roz added uncertainty and a different style of obstacle than previously. I think using both POVs helped bring that out. I also liked that not only was each told from a different POV, but that, as a result, they remembered things a little differently and found different events important. Brilliantly executed... and the HEA ending that I always am glad to get from you. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
scattysue's stories are the best

You always got me hooked on your narratives Scattysue! Keep up.

acupacupalmost 9 years ago
EXCELLENT !

Your stories keep getting better and better. You still have the same problem I have. Both me and my editor are so into the story we still miss some of the little typos... but that just makes it all the more personal. You have a unique way of making a long and intense sex scene not just another sex scene, BRAVO! Looking forward to the next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

What's the second ya novel with a lesbian protagonist that Mattie was going to share with Veena after Afterworlds?

I love your stories. I have read almost all of them and plan to read all of them. I just saw you published/ released a new one on July 3rd that I can't wait to read. Keep up the great work.

EnglishvoyeurEnglishvoyeuralmost 9 years ago
Wonderful

Goodness Sue, that was one of the most engaging, romantic, sexy and well-crafted stories I've ever read on here.

I shall look forward to reading; I started with the new naked sunbathing story, wanted more and I certainly enjoyed what I found! Super stuff

x

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 8 years ago
Half way report

I just finished page 8 and I just needed to express myself on how much I like your beautiful story. It is so well written and the main characters develop so beautifully. Also, the changing perspective works wonderfully well. Mattie and Veena share their thoughts and insecurities with us.

One thing though: it seems that they think that a sexual orientation, whether gay, straight or bisexual, is a given. In my experience, it is a given at a certain moment but people may develop. Of course, I expect to see a lot of development in the continuation of the story. And now, I'll quickly get back to page 9!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 8 years ago
Finished

‘courage is never about not fearing but about doing the right thing even when you're scared.’

All your beautiful thoughts about coming out, had me started thinking. Why do we –the other half, but not quite – need to be so courageous? Why can’t it be: ‘oh, you love men or fall for women, no big deal it could have turned either way’? Only because there is a lot more of them than of us? Look at this silly distinction I am making. I do not want to divide between them and us, I want inclusiveness. And yet, at the same time, needing to come out makes ‘us’ that more stronger, I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. You have me crying for so many reasons in this beautiful romance. Thank you, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I love reading long romantic stories. This one was one of the best i've read on this site. Thank you Scatty Sue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful, just wonderful

The way you write is so amazing. I prefer not to read about lesbian sex (unless it's got strapon) but you nailed it girl ! Is this story over ? Will there be more updates ? I'd downloaded this one to a Word document and read it as a PDF over a week; thank you for the entertainment, Sue !

I also hope that you are not into scat and that part of your name is just an attempt at self deprecation. If my gist is correct, then you should really be proud of your phenomenal writing skills and always be happy :)

Lezzylover94Lezzylover94over 8 years ago
Great story!!!

I love the build up to raveena telling Mattie how she feels!! I enjoyed the entire thing!! I hope you continue with this and let us all know more! Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lovely!

I can empathize about "man damage." However, I have not met the woman who can turn me. So, for now, I'll just keep using the J. Holmes replica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
beulahthebrit

Just brilliant, loved the way both of the main characters gave their own twist to their unfolding love, great idea. Sue, your stories only get better and better, I love the way they evolve and the fact that most of them are in one long posting rather than several short chapters. It means that I can curl up on the sofa and immerse myself in your tale, the perfect day. I would love for you to return to some of your characters to give us an update on their lives. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant, as per your usual...

...but could use some editing. Many of Veena's diary sections seem to have been cut-and-pasted from the Mattie sections, leaving us to read the same copy twice. If the diary parts described, rather than quoted, the previous dialogue (which she managed to get letter-perfect; unlikely in real life), and included her feelings about what was said, it would work far better.

That said, the story itself is brilliant. Leaving Roz's future hanging was perfect; I don't want to know if she got over it, or found another girlfriend, or went back to me ... because she's no longer part of the story. No, the whole story arc worked perfectly, and it particularly helps that both protagonists were so likable.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well-written, perfect!

I really love everything! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and passion with us. I really love the story big time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliant

Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Perfect

Best thing you've written as far as I'm concerned.

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 5 years ago
I loved it and want more.

You did a fantastic job with this story. This is my third reread and I still get emotional. And honestly I want more. I want to read about a marriage proposal, witness a wedding and see these two raise children and watch them grow old together. I’ve read all your stories and this is at the top of a very impressive list. Please post more or them me if you’ve published somewhere else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This was simply wonderful

So full of truth (I PM'ed some of that earlier then found this wonderful bit near the end "She is wrong, of course; courage is never about not fearing but about doing the right thing even when you're scared" )

We are so blessed to have you.

ScattySueScattySueover 4 years agoAuthor
Re: Flat Chested

Whilst I accept your right to you opinion, I do not seek to denegrate lesbians by giving them negative physical characteristics. If you read my other stories, you'll find a wide range of sizes and shapes I'm my characters, just as there are a variety of ages and races.We are all people and our size and shapes variy, regardless of our sexualty.

Maddie's description (of herself) may be harsh - many of us are overly negative about some aspect of our appearance - although in Maddie's case I wanted to depict someone sufficiently at ease in her body to be able to own another's mockery without rancour. I'm sorry if my writing failed to achieve this.

For the record, there was no "lesbian story manual". In envisioning her, I pictured Maddie as a thin (some might say skinny, though you may deem that too pejorative) young woman who works in a physical occupation.Like may, more athletic women, her low body fat means that her breasts are not large but she isn't overly hung up about this. Perhaps there is an element of wish fulfillment here: I wish I had Maddie's confidence, especially when I was younger. (Mind you, I wish I'd also been skinny back then, but that's another story!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done Sue

About the third time now that I've read this. Hope you don't mind this hetero male reader loving your stories to bits. I tend to find a lot of lesbian stories far more romantic than most stories in the romance sector. There are no alpha male chest beating misogynistic war heroes winning/claiming souls of timid inadequate females in the stories in this section of Lit. I find it odd that some people take offense to how writers portrait some of their characters, if you don't like it read something else, you don't get paid or do pay to read stories here. Anyway love your stories, thank you for writing them, wish I had your gift and guts to write and publish here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I’m a avid reader of both porn and non porn this has been one of the best stories I have ever read I found myself smiling through out it. Keep up the great job and maybe you should check into getting this publi

I’m a avid reader of both porn and non porn this has been one of the best stories I have ever read I found myself smiling through out it. Keep up the great job and maybe you should check into getting this published if you haven’t already

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleabout 4 years ago
Great story

Addictive your writing. Every chance I have, I jump to them. In between the work

Keep having fun in doing it and thanks

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 4 years ago
Well Done!

Just re-read it and still deserves 5 stars. If (hopefully when) you write again, perhaps a short story on Rox's journey?

JoannexxJoannexxover 3 years ago
Another great story

Just read “The case of the sneaky valentine” and now this. Honestly, I’ve never come across such beautifully compulsive reading. So perceptive, so well written, so sensitive - what a skill.

Thank you Sue! X

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

Beautiful

Yes being best friends and standing on different beaches ....... Its only patience time love in soul & heart which can bring out the best at all ....... You sue can do with your pen and paper amd this is extreme wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was absolutely entranced all the way through. 5* well deserved.

okami1061okami1061about 2 years ago

E E Smith? Really? 😂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. It was also interesting to get both of their their thoughts and feelings on the events that happened. I really enjoyed this sweet friends to lovers story. Well done.

fallwatcherfallwatcherabout 2 years ago

Another really great story, just as wonderful on the fourth reading as on the first! Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

xtrail65xtrail65over 1 year ago

Your stories are simply fantastic, I must say that I haven’t read any so far that I didn’t like. Incredibly or should I say regrettably only 5 stars because they won’t let me give you more.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64311 months ago

This is a great story!

The characters feel so normal and the emotions they express so real, fear, joy, jealousy, love....

The way you have written thos story is brilliant!

I think this is my favourite of your writings, and that is saying something as I have enjoyed all of them so far!

Thank you!

CupidCupidCupidCupid6 months ago

I really like the type of stories you write Sue. The way the character evolve during story and the slow crescendo that build up to the final is brilliant. Well done!

JennaAntillesJennaAntillesabout 1 month ago

A very beautiful, gorgeously romantic and delightfully well written story. Patient, caring and lovingly told. You have a gift. Lovely

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScattySue@ScattySue
I love well written erotic stories: those with a good plot line and engaging characters so I try to provide those in my stories. Thank you to all those who have liked and commented on my stories; such feedback is both helpful and encouraging. Well, life has been getting in t...