On Any Given Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bill passed away that night. I knew he would be missed. I called my boss and let him know it would be a few more days until I could be back, we were staying for the funeral. In bed those nights with Trina, I felt as close to her as I ever had. She needed me and I was there for her. Bill's passing was taking its toll on her.

I went home on Sunday, Trina stayed to help her mother. For the first time I stayed alone in my house. Not literally, Trina had taken trip without me, but I always knew she would return. I was alone now, would this be what my life was to become. I feared life without my wife. I also knew, without trust our marriage wouldn't survive. I worked long hours avoiding our lonely home.

I had just pulled into my drive way after a long day. My neighbor George from across the street, waved and walked over to me. George is a tall blonde surfer type. He is a few years older than me and wears his hair shaggy and long. You've probably met him, or at least one of his twin surfer type brothers. You know the type, he's too old to fit in with the surfers and too strange to fit in the neighborhood.

"Hey Dan, how's it goin?"

"Hey George, going fine."

"Uh, Trina told Lissa you guys were kind of on the outs. You guys gonna be OK?"

"Yeah, well, were working it out."

"I just wanted to say I, uh, felt, uh, bad and all that, ya know."

" Yeah George, well, thanks for the concern. I think well be alright."

Going into the house, I wondered what the hell that was about. George wasn't usually one of the gossip types. Trina didn't talk to George and his wife Melissa unless she had too. I wrote it off to neighborhood bullshit. I needed to eat, so I let it slide.

Being alone for a few days had brought me to the conclusion, I really had to decide my fate. I couldn't go on this way indefinitely. I needed to either forgive her or forget her. Bill had certainly given me much to consider. Trina called later that evening. She had called to let me know she'd be home Friday.

Thursday was slow in the office, my work was up to date from all the extra hours I put in, about 4 o'clock I was shutting down for the day. Rich, one of the other salesmen, came to my office and asked if I wanted to grab a beer after work. With no reason to go home, I agreed.

At the corner pub, we sat and talked about the normal stuff. Golf, work and the new car Rich was looking to buy. The chit-chat had died down so Rich jumped in with both feet.

"Dan, we've known each other for a long time now. There is something bothering you. It might help to get it off your chest."

"I don't really want to talk about it, Rich."

"The only thing you won't talk about with me is Trina. Is that why you're acting like somebody peed in you're cheerios?"

"Yeah, I guess I don't hide it very well."

"What'd she do?"

"Let's just say I can't trust her any more, OK."

"Look Dan, if you don't trust her, you don't trust her. Cut her loose, you can't live your life looking over your shoulder. Believe me, I've been there, done that."

I finished my beer and told Rich I'd see him tomorrow. God damn it! This wasn't getting any easier. First Bill, Now Rich, what about Trina, what's her story? How is she going to convince me to keep her. I didn't sleep worth a shit that night. I kept dreaming of Trina bouncing up and down on her lovers cock. The look on her face, the look I hadn't seen for so long, the look of passion.

I picked up Trina at the airport in the afternoon. She seemed pleased to see me and hugged me. The tension was still there tough. We made small talk about her folks and the flight, as we drove home. I wanted so much to ask Trina if she had come to any conclusion regarding our problem. She was exhausted from the trip and I let it go for the time being. Tomorrow would be soon enough.

Trina was up early and had breakfast ready as I came down stairs. We ate slowly, Trina seemed somewhat different, she was calmer and relaxed. I wondered where we heading, had she given up? Would she tell me it was over? I had to ask.

"Trina, have you worked it out yet?'

"I think so Dan, but could we do this tonight after dinner? I have a lot to do today."

So, I made myself scarce for the day. I went for a haircut and washed my car. I did all the little things I could think of. I think time moved in to a new dimension, minutes seemed like hours.

That evening was like a first date, you're really not sure what to expect, but hoping for a lot. Trina was beautiful, she'd had here hair and nails done that day, she was dressed to kill. I prayed it wasn't me that was about to die. Trina had made my favorite dinner. Something big was afoot. After dinner we retired to the living room to talk.

"Dan, I want you to know how sorry I truly am. I know I have hurt you terribly. You don't want explanations so I won't go into that now." She paused, and then continued. "What you have made me realize is I can't go on without you. I need you, and only you in my life. By making me responsible for my own actions I had to finally grow up. When we went to see Granddad in the hospital, he gave me some advice."

"And what was it?"

"We talked about the same things he and you had discussed. About truth and trust. I can see now why I had to do this on my own. This is my responsibility and entirely my fault."

She stopped and took a breath. I could see this was hard for her. Well hell, it was supposed to be, if it were easy she wouldn't learn from it. Trina went on.

"Dan, when you left after the funeral. I know this is going to sound all mixed up, so please stay with me, anyway, we had gone to Bill's attorney to settle the estate. I'll just say it. Bill left us a lot of money."

"What are you saying, Trina?"

"Bill left us a little over 9 million dollars."

"That's great Trina, but how does this solve our problems?"

"Gee Dan, I thought you'd be more excited. Aren't you happy?"

"Yeah Trina, I'm real happy for you."

"Dan, when you talked to Bill did he tell you to see a lawyer if you couldn't trust me?"

"Yes, he said to get it in writing. If I couldn't take your word that you would be true to me, I should get it in writing." She handed me some papers.

"Well that's what I did, Dan."

"What are you talking about?"

"I met with Bill's attorney after the will was read. I arranged it so if you caught me lying and we split up you get all the money."

"What, why would you do that?"

"To prove to you that you can trust me. It will be sort of a penalty, if I do anything to split us up. It's the only way I could think of to get back together with you."

"Trina. I don't know quite what to say."

"Don't say anything, just forgive me please."

I knew that I would be miserable without her, and she tried, she really had tried. This crazy document was not what I expected. But at least in spirit she had done what I had asked. I had asked her to fix our broken marriage. I suppose time will tell if she had done it.

She came to me with expectant eyes. How could I refuse her? I told her we would give it a go. We hugged and she kissed me, Trina took me by the hand and led me to our bed. I could see this is what she had planned all along. As I undressed her, I saw the new lingerie she wore. I'll bet she had bought it today, knowing we would make love tonight.

It had been so long for us both. We hadn't had sex for months. I looked upon her naked form as if it was the first time. I caressed her smooth skin she was beautiful. Trina and I made up for all those lost weeks that night.

At breakfast the next morning we held hands and talked. Trina was glowing and giddy. She talked to me like a best friend or lover she hadn't seen in years. I could only listen, I could get a word in edgeways.

"Dan, I've missed you so, I'm so happy to have you back. I still cant tell you how sorry I am. Please believe me that it was only the one time with George. After my nurse caught us in my office that day. She quit after she saw me with George, I just knew she was going to tell you all about it."

Ah fuck, GEORGE!? I thought I had a problem before, now it just multiplied NINE MILLION times. I guess Trina never could just shut the fuck up while she was ahead.

12