On the Other Hand Ch. 11-12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're going to have a new baby too," Jimmy said proudly.

"You are?" my ex-wife said, again in surprise. "But ... I thought ..."

She wasn't able to finish the question.

I shrugged. "I guess little miracles can happen."

I chose not to elaborate, but the look of confusion on Leona's face was evident. Jimmy had wandered off once more, bored with the adult conversation. At that moment, who should appear but Nicky, waddling along as best she could in the Saturday afternoon crowd. This time, I did manage to stand.

"Hi, Sweetheart," I said, greeting her with a kiss. "This is Leona Fulton, my ex-wife. Leona, this is my wife Nicole."

Leona still hadn't gotten over her surprise and stammered out a further question.

"And ... this is yours, Will?" She was looking directly at Nicky's swollen abdomen.

"Yes, Ma'am. Both of them," I grinned.

"Both ... you mean ..."

"That's right," Nicky beamed. "We're having twins. Quite a surprise, eh?"

"Amazing," Leona agreed. "It looks like both of us solved our problems."

"I guess you could say that," I nodded. "I certainly feel I came out of this a winner," I said, giving Nicky my most loving smile.

"I'd better be going," Leona said, sensing our encounter was over. "David will be wondering what's become of me. I am glad I saw you today, Will. I'm glad I had a chance to talk to you. I wish you the best, both of you, with your new additions. I hope you'll be as happy as I am."

And with that, she rose and left, not looking back.

"Was that uncomfortable for you?" Nicky asked me.

I was shaking my head. "No, not at all. She may not realize it, but she did me a much bigger favor that I did for her. I won you, and Jimmy, and our twins, Fric and Frac."

"Will you please quit calling them that. You'll have Jimmy doing it soon."

"Okay then, it's Hamish and Sheena," I snickered.

"Over my dead body. Since it's going to be one of each, they will be given sensible modern names. They have to live with them."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Besides, Hamish is Scottish for James and we already have one of those. Say, there's an idea. How about we change Jimmy's name to Hamish. It will make your Dad even happier than he already is."

"I refuse to take you seriously, Will Travers. It's a good thing I love you or I'd be bonking you on the head for your ridiculous suggestions."

"Okay, then, just what do you propose, seeing as how we know you're going to have one of each?"

"Well, I have been thinking about that. What about Marietta and William, Junior?"

"You want to name your second son after me? No way. The poor boy will have a complex for the rest of his life. Nope, that won't work. I do like Marietta, though. That is a lovely name."

"Well, there's a small victory for me. I'll keep working on it and maybe in a month or so we'll reach agreement," she said with a smirk.

"Yeah, well, I know how you plan to get your way, woman. You're going to work your feminine wiles on me. You know I'm unable to resist. I guess I'll just have to surrender and let you have your way with me."

"Now you're talking. I guess that's why I love you, despite your faults."

"I guess that's so. Well, look on the bright side. I love you too, Mrs. Travers."

"When you guys are finished your mushy talk, can we go home? I'm tired of the mall," Jimmy announced as he wandered back to the table.

"Yeah ... okay," I agreed, gazing at my beautiful wife. "Come on, Lefty, let's go home."

I helped my very pregnant wife to her feet and wrapped my arm around her as we walked slowly toward the exit. It's been another fine day in the Travers family, and they seemed to just keep coming, one after another. What else would you expect when two lefthanders get together?

END

*****

The original story did not include the Postscript. At the suggestion of PostScriptor, I added this segment to wrap up any loose details. I hope you enjoy the addition.

Coaster2