All Comments on 'On the Simplicity of Words'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 354 Comments
PwaymanPwaymanover 2 years ago

What a wonderful moving tale. Thank you so much.

paulyepspaulyepsover 2 years ago

That was lovely .. my eyes were teary the entire time. I forgot what it was like to read one of your stories. I hope you will write more consistently. Thank you so much for taking me away from reality and filling me with love … Have a very happy holiday and a happy new year !! 🥰🥰😍😍

quitewronglyquitewronglyover 2 years ago

Please keep writing these singularly sweet stories that grab at my heart strings and refuse to let them go.

SurlygitSurlygitover 2 years ago

I like all your stories but this was something different! Better and deeper.

I would have liked to see them with their parents and a wider cast of friends after they were together but everything up to the revelation of Lea's was completely perfect

tygztygzover 2 years ago

So beautiful, that's all I can say between the tears

nahnahnahnahover 2 years ago

wow. what a beautiful story. I don't have the words to express how much. Wish i could give it more than 5 stars for sure. Thank you.

sastapletonsastapletonover 2 years ago

I am not crying, nope, definitely not..

No you can't...

Tears aren't happening..

Damn you!

So so good

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, where the hell is that 10 star button when you want to punch it?!?

Like Paulyeps, I was pretty much wiping tears thru the whole read too.

What a great story. Personally, I like nothing better than a story that has a little sex in it

far better than a story about sex with a bit of plot tossed in.

5/5

J

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You do know that these stories mean the world to us, right? Just making sure.

I will say that this was the first of your stories I ever found genuinely horrifying - even knowing that they were going to be alright, given both your track-record and this wonderful website, there's something about the absolute bone-deep dread you conjure that kind of got me. Wow. Brilliant! You're on a bit of a roll and I selfishly hope that it continues, at least for a while. :)

But in all seriousness: Please take care of yourself! Write if that's what taking care of yourself means, and take a break if not. I can't promise patience, but I'll really try.

JacquiUK41JacquiUK41over 2 years ago
To coin a phrase

Fab U Lous

So sweet so lovely. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too long

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

well after I stop sobbing, I'm going to make breakfast, and be ever grateful to you for an inspiring start to my day. Wonderfully crafted, very moving.

A sincere thank you for this lovely work.

Andrew

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

Wanda, what kind of wonder drug are you taking? I fell in love with your writing with 'Sketching Sophie', and now in rapid succession, Snowdrop, Jetsam and now this marvel. Thank you for the love and vulnerability in this, the kind of hurt and joyful recovery so present in the last couple of stories you have smithed for us. So, so, good!

Grumpy23240Grumpy23240over 2 years ago

I cannot find the right superlatives! This is one of your best! Beautifully and sensitively written! Thank you.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Oh, Wanda, You made this old guy cry! Such a beautiful story, Thank You!

dwoelfledwoelfleover 2 years ago

I am sitting here with tears of joy for such a wonderful story. This was a beautiful story of love lost and redeemed. Thank you for sharing your brilliant talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh shit...I am male, not gay...and this was the sweetest story I think I have ever read.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 2 years ago

I cried so much up until the point that Lea was rescued. Thank goodness there was a happy ending. That made me cry in a different way.

erktecerktecover 2 years ago

Incredible.........loved it!!!!!

texquilltexquillover 2 years ago

You have outstanding talents, and I'm grateful that you share them where I can benefit.

This is a five-star effort.

acupacupover 2 years ago

Another extraordinary story. This time of year just making it all that much more special.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Such a raw and emotional story, your writing is incredible

FuntasticmeFuntasticmeover 2 years ago

Thank you for this story. Just the kind of love and redemption that I needed, that salved my soul this holiday season.

metroalmametroalmaover 2 years ago

You are going to ruin us and that is the best news all day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First time commenting on any story.

Wow. You have a gift with words. You portrayed the emotions of every moment so I could literally feel the weight of each scene. So well done. Thank you.

julesbabejulesbabeover 2 years ago

A beautiful story, wonderfully told.

I was moved to tears and then again to tears of joy.

Thank you

Rainyday493Rainyday493over 2 years ago

Beautiful, moving, and another one to make me cry!

blueyes4ublueyes4uover 2 years ago

WONDERFUL,luved it!!

32aa32aaover 2 years ago

An absolutely beautiful and heart-wrenching story of two soulmates losing each other, finding, and loving each other. I usually don't read lesbian stories; but, I'm glad i read this one. And found a new author. Thank you

olliekayolliekayover 2 years ago

Wanda that's perfect and beautiful. Thank you so much.

TwinSoulFlamesTwinSoulFlamesover 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Two broken hearts can heal each other. We know this from personal experience. Keep it up!

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Beautiful well written. So glad I read it

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years ago

This is the first of your stories that I've read but won't be the last. Very enjoyable, thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Wow!

Oh my goodness! What an absolutely heart-breakingly wonderful story. You’re going to have to change your pen name because you’re definitely not a one hit Wanda! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tale with us. Much love and many thanks.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Omg Wanda, you somehow manage to have me in tears so easily, an utterly beautiful tale of love lost and found and of personalities traumatised by loss. Thank you so much for posting, regards,.

jackie_emjackie_emover 2 years ago

Your work is always excellent, but this was wonderful. You had me from the very opening. Beautiful story and great characters.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Onehitwanda, you are gifted.

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG1963over 2 years ago

There is no better love story on this site. So beautifully written, great emotion and Rosey and Lea happily ever after.

Thank you for your works

10 stars

XactoXactoover 2 years ago

You’ve given us another beautiful story. Thank you so much. ❤️❤️❤️

Marbury1803Marbury1803over 2 years ago

This......so perfectly paced, so beautifully rendered. I literally, sobbed thru most of this story....my heart was alternately broken, then totally overjoyed.. I absolutely hated to have this end. Absolutely one of the very best stories I have read here. Thank you so much for sharing Rosie and Lea with us.

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

OMG that made me cry. Superb.

Marbury1803Marbury1803over 2 years ago

One last comment. You really do punctuate flawlessly, so far as I can tell. It really stands out. This is a quality that even a careful reader notices ordinarily either when it is awful, or brilliant. You fall in the latter camp. Again. beautiful story. I am a 70 year old straight lawyer who mostly writes for a living now also. I am not easily reduced to uncontrollable sobs. Except by you, apparently.

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
Lovely story...

...Wanda, every bit as good as Jetsam and that's saying something. You managed to put a lump or two into this old man's throat which is a sure sign of quality story, quality writing. And it's five stars from me...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Part 2!!!!!! Married and babies!!!!

Rockh1Rockh1over 2 years ago

Unbelievable; perfect. Thank you.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

“I'll show you where the pony drawing book is!” Such a poignant love story. You write so very well — captivating storylines and rich, nuanced characters that come to life for us. And, yet, you create different stories full of different characters — so much fun to read your pieces. Thanks.

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

well done from the start to the end merry Christmas be safe happy and well a fan shayne

ca_daveca_daveover 2 years ago

Wanda you did it again. Amazing story, I felt the pain they shared and the joy they found. 50 stars if I could give that many. Thank you for sharing this story.

Missyella81Missyella81over 2 years ago

I will probably read this "on repeat" for the foreseeable. Amazing, fabulous, so raw and captivating. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are a many hit Wanda. Another thoroughly enjoyable story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great.

AliceGeeAliceGeeover 2 years ago

Truly, truly wonderful. The quality of your writing is superb. A thoroughly enjoyable love story that has brightened my day. I'm going to treat this as an early Christmas present, so thank for your efforts and your gifted inagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OMG the most beautiful story I’ve read in … forever. I cried several times.

clearcreekclearcreekover 2 years ago

I first have to say that cancer sucks. I have been surrounded by what it has done to family and friends.

Your story brought tears to my eyes, both from sorrow and of joy. Thanks for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think this is the most moving story you’ve ever written, and your own bar is set so, so high. Thank you for a wonderful Christmas present.

LiveCatLiveCatover 2 years ago

A truly wandaful story! 😁

ArediaArediaover 2 years ago

What a beautiful story! You had me in tears in so many places ... Even given that I'm an old softie - wow.

Thank-you!

DDRaptorDDRaptorover 2 years ago

absolutely lovely!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cried like a little kid. thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Omg, 5 stars are not even close to enough. Absolutely beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

rml65rml65over 2 years ago

A very amazing emotional story, I would give it a 10+++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incredibly beautiful story! I enjoy your stories immensely anxiously awaiting your next posts. Please keep up the spectacular work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was crying and blowing my nose into my dog after the first few paragraphs.

"Punctuation rather than plot"

Amazing.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterover 2 years ago

There are no words I can put down to describe how this heart-rendingly beautiful collage of literature made me feel. Been reading literotica for over a decade.

Best story I've ever read. Period. Fuckin'. Dot.

jwh45jwh45over 2 years ago

Beautiful.....Awesome...........I loved it. Thank you for bringing these 2 to life and letting me know them.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

I love your stories and this is just the most recent example of why. This was beautiful story. I wish you a wonderful holiday season and a healthy new year. Thanks.

JayDiverJayDiverover 2 years ago

Wanda has more than one hit. Thanks for the story. 5's

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A truly Beautiful story, from a truly beautiful sole. Thank you so very very much for writing this, it was as beautiful of a story as I have ever read. I hope you have a life that is as full of promise and love as that of the characters in this story!

Cc2241Cc2241over 2 years ago

I LOVE the way you write! Beautiful storytelling.!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love your writing style. Wish you wrote more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another wonderful story full of heart and sadness overcome.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

This is my introduction to your work. This single piece makes you amply eligible for the Nobel Prize in Erotic Literature. You have crafted a marvelous story: you have created characters we come to know and cherish, we suffer with, and ultimately exult in. Your words convey both the grittiness of Lea's flat and the North Afican fairyland Rose conjured at the end.

Your writing is technically flawless. This is the first piece where my eye has stumbled over some misspelling, punctuation error, or grammatical/usage/syntax lapse. Bravo! Yet even more than that you have a lovely style that is pellucid; eventually, this reader lost sight of the words and settled into the flow of the narrative. Not just 5 stars, Nobel Prize-worthy.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 2 years ago

Wow! That was an incredible ride. My God, that story tore at my heart. Thank you for sharing this with us. 5 stars only because I can't give more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read your stories with awe. The interplay of the characters; the genuinely human emotional connection; the ebb and flow of the story; the doubt, love, self-criticism, all the real human dynamics. Yours are not just quick fuck stories. I almost think the sex is unnecessary but the way you write it into the narrative it seems natural and graceful. Thanks for contributing. Please know you are valued.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

Correction: should have read "This is the first piece where my eye has not stumbled over . . . ."

A big oops, and my apologies.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 2 years ago

Elegantly written. Superb emotions and dialogue. I loved the exploration of their vulnerabilities and doubts and the eventual coming together. Well done.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleover 2 years ago

"You took my hand and showed me where the pony drawing book was."

Oh my.

You broke me. I have gone through almost an entire box of tissue.

Wow.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 2 years ago

Well that made me cry alot, but held within these words is a work of art. Thank you.

TSreaderTSreaderover 2 years ago

A beautifully written story. Thank you for sharing this with us!

deepred53deepred53over 2 years ago

An emotional experience which made my heart ache and my eyes moist. Beautiful! Please keep writing.

Andrea_EAndrea_Eover 2 years ago

I aspire to write as beautifully as you. I'm almost a wreck (but in a good way) when I get to the end of your stories. Please don't stop!

bb319bb319over 2 years ago

Seriously, you need to think about changing your user name. You have shown that you are capable of writing consistently good stories, not just one hit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So beautiful and tears jerker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Well written. Gave it 5 stars because it’s better than some of the other higher rated stories.

Was a little jarred by Lea’s description of her fiancé’s sexuality (he’s not interested in her body because he has “other tastes”). Makes it sound like he’s into something illegal/unethical (like minors). Seemed casually homophobic to later discover he’s just gay. Oddly no explanation why in (apparently current day?) England at a university he’d need an unenthusiastic beard. That he’s gay doesn’t excuse his bad behavior. But her attitude towards his sexuality felt like disgust/disdain not just disappointment/sadness. She could have just said men are more his taste or he’s not interested in women. Just a thought.

Andrewmm1989Andrewmm1989over 2 years ago

Wonderfully written emotional story with a HEA. This is the best story I've read yet. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1It's been awhile since a story has made me cry. Very well written.

slojenniferfizzslojenniferfizzover 2 years ago

OK--I'm a no-nonsense, tough as nails airline pilot kicking ass and taking names in a man's world. And I just bawled like a little girl. What a beautiful piece of writing!

bdave2bdave2over 2 years ago

Wow, what beautiful writing. I disagree with the comment, below, that the author's use of the words "other tastes" was homophobic. I felt is was a delicate and tasteful way of introducing her captor's homosexuality, without demeaning his preference in the least, except as it reflected on the demeaning way in which he was using her.

Trickydicky84Trickydicky84over 2 years ago

I love your writings, the 1st story of yours that I read was Archangel which I loved quickly followed by all the others posted on the site. Since then, I’ve eagerly waited for your new stories- I’ve not been disappointed.Keep it up please!

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

... I don't know what to say. I legitimately cannot express all the things this story made me feel. I'm not even sure I could name all the things this story made me feel. An absolute masterpiece.

<bypasses my "favorites" list to add this to my "made me weep like a fucking baby" list.>

CuddlyAlCuddlyAlover 2 years ago

A delightful piece. Could -maybe should - be rewritten as a novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have never written a comment. I have read hundreds of stories and none have compared to this it was beautifully well written and I couldn't help but fall in love with these characters. Thank you for that beautiful story. It didn't need a ton of sex like most I read. I just felt a real connection to these 2 characters. It was written so well. Thank you. It was well worth staying up past my bedtime to read

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 2 years ago

OMG. I can barely write as tears drop on my keyboard. So beautiful. I hope you get a kick out of all the guys who make comments about being moved to tears reading your wonderful stories.

Thank you,

Lee

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

If anybody reads this story and doesn’t at least get misty, should have their pulse checked. Two halves can make a whole and I have never seen two more lost halves in my life. The story was as close to perfect as I ever read. Thanks Wanda. It’s beautiful!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your writing has one thing that you should take great pride in

Heart

Your characters are not stereotypes, not cliches, they come across as real people, real vunerable souls that need...that deserve love.

Peaches

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You made me cry. I’m an old straight man and this was a beautiful story. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...