All Comments on 'Once Upon a Time Pt. 01'

by HOG57head

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
servant111servant1119 months ago

Outstanding! Reads like a Faulkner. I own a small ranch in East Texas and your setting characters and action.rings true. Hunted a sounder or two myself.

5 stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Great couple! We need more and soon.

5

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

5/5, one star just for the .300 set up. Love that Trailboss.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill699 months ago

Terrific story !

linnearlinnear9 months ago

Nice storytelling and I enjoyed it very much. One complaint is why mention her getting test for the STD and turn around and have before the results come back.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story with caveats.

Stilted dialogue where words we normally use conjunctions are not placed.

Sometimes they're emphasized to accent the meaning but too often casual conversations are being overlooked.

You asked for honest criticism so take it as intended and definitely continue your story.

Freddog6601Freddog66019 months ago

Too unrealistic to be a story other than a fairy tale.

A kidnapped woman is beaten, raped and beaten some more, has her clothes torn off and within minutes of being rescued will calmly sit in a strange guys truck and calmly listen to the night sounds. Yea, right.

No where in this tale does she exhibit traumatic effects.

I’m done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I was able to suspend disbelief and enjoy the story. That said, when a woman experiences rape and is not drugged or high, it is an extremely traumatic event. At minimum she will go into a defensive fight or flight mode, like experiencing a physical beating. She will be hostile to men, and company in general. In the long term, it can change her personality. She will feel unsafe, distrustful, because her sense of self has been damaged. An outgoing person could become a stay at home introvert. It also changes someone's sexual behavior and identity. Some start becoming sexually promiscuous, since inside, their sense of self-worth has been damaged. Some become prudes or frigid, unable or unwilling to experience normal sexual response. All in all, it's extremely emotionally damaging. This means the baseline of your plot is unrealistic at best. That said, I was able to get past it and enjoy the story for what it was.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHOG57head@HOG57head
Please rate and leave feedback. I can only improve if i understand what i am doing wrong.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories