All Comments on 'One in Ten Ch. 08'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Can't wait!

I can hardly wait for the next one.

DownUnderThunderDownUnderThunderabout 10 years ago
Amazing!

Simply amazing! I can't stop reading! The characters are superb and the story behind each is so unique, a fantastic read from beginning to end!

Waiting with baited breath for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
absoultely superb

Top notch writing and story.

I find myself wishing it to just go on and on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Amazing

Hurrah for two psychopaths snugguling on a abadoned freeway. Failure of dowels and guns for men. Death is coming for us all. Tribal warfare. I can't even complain about grammar or spelling. Keep it up!!!!

Flymaster60Flymaster60about 10 years ago
OH FUCKING WOW!!!!!!

Man what a ride this has been... i am stunted it this turn of events... Final Stand if you are a published writter by now... The are missing something that few writters have... To make the reader... go through all the emotions fear, anger, lost and saddness. This is by far the best story i have ever read.. THANK YOU for your story so far...please another 10 chapters might rap tthis up nicely....lol

clwnslyrclwnslyrabout 10 years ago
more

Pretty much sums it up I want more. Your storys more addicting then any drug.

TruGentMuldunTruGentMuldunabout 10 years ago
A comment.

Highly entertaining, one of the very few stories on Lit that I believe would be a top 10 best seller.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A joke

This is what happens when you let women out of the kitchen

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
On of the better stories of the century

You really should publish this.

SmutolSmutolabout 10 years ago
lobbing for more emotions

So again we are confronted with situation where we got stupid leaders, in this case this "she" president. That could have happened in real world ... but here she would at least have good smart advisors that would know what is going on and tell her what to do and what to say to the cameras.

Israel is "lil bit" overstressed. Hes average day consists of beatdowns, rape, attempts on hes life, attempt of kidnapping and sexual molestation. Despite that he calmly insists on taking more and more risk so that he can try to save world he already admitted doesnt deserve to function any more. That is in my opinion very fast way to sefl harm / self mutilation / hard drugs or suicidal attempts and not only thoughts as for before. One day hes pal commints suicide on hes eyes, another he gets to major terrorist attack that ends up in hundreds pople dying. In between hes constatnt object of sexual abuse by 99% of that city population he encounters with the police leading abuser before the rest. Not only he will not be sane after or maby during such unending marathon but hes mental condition would deteriorate dramatically fast.

If i would be part of hes "tribe" if he is to go back home from that MAL party i would be VERY and i mean VERY creative in finding ways so that he would be unable in joining similar activities in future. Lets face it .. we are speeding up to the situation where hes like single sexually active male on like 1 milion females ? If he will be let to another "similar" party ( guarded by police ofc...) knowing last week or 2 from this story how would hes female friend see hes chances of surviving next month ? Remember plz that this next month might be in her eyes ONLY chance to be mother in the rest of her life.

Too much brutality for the main hero to survive. He needs more soft hand, tears, love and compassion in between constand abuse and death around him.

More emotions and Israel - hes tribe relations plz

Plz dont be angry .. i know im on the whiny side :)

Remember that despite this i still like it VERY much

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 10 years ago
Enjoyed it but....

It was a foregone conclusion that the society was going to crumble, but creating a plague that targets women seems like a cheap cop out. If the government does take Mr. Jensen than I at least hope he demands (and they listen) that his ever growing harem comes with him.

SilverSilhouetteSilverSilhouetteabout 10 years ago

I'm not sure what would suit this wonderful piece of literature but its 2 good 2 be on paperback or hard back.....even papyrus isn't good enough!

I'll be hanging onto every word until the next chapter presents itself....

Thanks 2 this wonderful author and editors in giving me privilege 2 read such a well crafted story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The new plague does not target women

It is no longer gender specific. Only those who develop antibodies in time will survive this plague. It is likely Israel's crew will survive with his antibodies in them but both men and women by the billions will die.

hellturtlehellturtleabout 10 years ago
flame and israel?

I am really hoping for something to happen between flame and israel but i'm also wondering who the cop who found them is. I'm actually worried that it might be angel

TempestBainTempestBainabout 10 years ago
Hurry

Need next chapter ASAP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
best line EVA

"After some consultation with the Psychiatric Department, we are contemplating getting down on our knees and begging," Vasco related with same voice used when contemplating the prices of toilet paper brands.

Just WOW!

theanalisttheanalistabout 10 years ago

one word from me-more

LustKnightLustKnightabout 10 years ago

Well, now. That escalated quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Oh.my.God.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Floored!

Oh wow! The ante at this poker game increased very dramatically! I'd like to guess what'll come next but this revelation just trumped that.... I'll fold and just wait for the next chapter. How soon could the next chapter be posted?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 10 years agoAuthor
Chapter 9 Update (4/29)

Chapter 9 went to the editor tonight. It turned out to be tougher to write than I thought. She came out at 23,667 words, making it the second biggest chapter (I think). I'll post it as soon as I can. I'm already into Chapter 10 at 1500 words (I knew future events based on what I was doing in Chapter 9) so the saga still lives. I apologize for the long wait.

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkabout 10 years ago
Well we understand

Well we understand writing takes a while at times. I mean honestly i think you have a great story here. And i hate to make any inappropriate drug references, i think you have quite a few fans looking for a "fix" of another chapter. H*ll even i've been checking the sci-fi section of this site for the next chapter and feel a little hurt when it's not there..

NutRanchNutRanchabout 10 years ago

Again, a thought provoking read. Great Job

This is such an incredibly dark alternate world that you have created. The questions you pose and the logical answers are incredibly disturbing. Not because of the questions but rather because the answers fit so well with what we have come to see as the standard line for people in power. Be they Political, Religious, of Financial, the majority will always look out for themselves and let the stranger/outsider/non-member twist in the wind.

Sad, that but for the lack of a world plague, things of this nature happen every day.

mickymouse113mickymouse113about 10 years ago
Thanks for the news!

I am happy with the update and anticipate reading the next instalment. Like several others I found myself checking regularly for it and its a relief to know I can relax for a couple of days.

I am still rooting for civilisation to adapt and continue although I do find the new plague a form of Deus ex machine. How great that this new plague breaks out now - unless its not a coincidence and all part of a conspiracy?

Rugal_bernsteinRugal_bernsteinabout 10 years ago
Simple Observation

I love this series. It adds a bit of grit to what is a more flossy catagory of lit-erotica. There's only one I think you outflanked yourself in. I guess what I'm trying to say is. Your introduction of the T2 virus was premature. You could have taken time deepen our here's relationships with the female characters, before you made him the worlds hottest commodity. However that being said. I am anxiously anticipating your next up date.

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkalmost 10 years ago
?

Well to ask the question i think every other fan of this series has on their minds.... When is the next chapter coming? oh plz oh plz oh plz?

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Update 5/6

My editor was out of town until yesterday. She informed me she is working on the story now. Chapter 10 is going slowly (tough depression I'm going through) but is over 10,000 words. I hope to have Chapter 9 up on site by Saturday and is is another big one (23,664 words)..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hang in there...

sometimes a little bit of sun and the company of another is enough to turn depression around even if it's just for a moment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
excellent

Excellent story, very thought provoking. Looking forward to more.

Flymaster60Flymaster60almost 10 years ago
I am going crazy!!!!!!

Man your story is so good I am addicted it.. I have read chapters 6, 7 and 8 3 times to try to figure out there you are going to go with Zara, Flame and Angel. I am LOST!! I need my FIX... PLEASE HURRY with the next chapter..LOL Great job on this story.. I have really enjoyed it...

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkalmost 10 years ago
I feel your pain man

Fly i feel your pain man. Usually i don't go in to stories like this but dang it I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
just when I think it has gone over the top

you raise the bar.

there are too many good lines to list them but:

"leaders don't take control, followers surrender it."

has to be one of the best

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 5 years ago
And onto the next chapter i go!

JC

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice very nice

This thing just keeps getting better and better, excellent. 5 stars but I want more.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 3 years ago
Brilliant...

Utterly brilliant.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3almost 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure there was a Doctor Who reference in there.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Going down the gurgler

5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES