All Comments on 'One More Life To Live'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Another great work.

Your attention to detail is amazing. While I always know where and how your stories will end, I can't express how much I enjoy the trip. I'm all about the happy endings and it's nice to see I'm not alone in that.

I reread several of your stories a few times a year, just as a pick me uo when I feel blue, and this is definitely going into rotation. :)

patricia51patricia51almost 20 years ago
What A Great Story!

Absolutely first-class. Well written with a clever, intelligent plot to go with good sex. The characters are real and by the end of the story you know them as people. The police proceedures are flawless. I worked with more than one cop like this. Great job. More!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Excellent

Good development of plot and just enough details to build a robust picture of a hard-boiled detective. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Is envy permitted?

Wow! This is was just good story telling. Thank you.

James CodyJames Codyalmost 20 years ago
damn good

It's been awhile since I've read a good cop story, and you've written one of the good ones.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Thank you, ronde

Well, it was well worth the wait for them to put the story up. While I've not seen a .25 that would make it that far, I'll let it slide. You are a fine writer and I've enjoyed all of your stories that I have read. This one is no different.

Thanks again.

J.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
excellent

Thank you, I really enjoyed that.

V.RichV.Richover 19 years ago
I love a good cop story

Ronde,

You still have the touch, man. This was great! As always, its the story and the people that you come to care about.

A job well done.

Vee Rich

rgraham666rgraham666almost 19 years ago
Very good work

Ronde, as always you have done an excellent job.

The characters were complete and believable and I got to care about them both.

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

I have never been disappointed with any of your stories.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Brilliant story yet again

I love the way you weave your stories together - so utterly believable and so nice to read a story that contains a bit of sex rather than the usual sex from start to finish with a barely likely story thrown around it - you are one brilliant purveyor of intrigue and interest in your stories from start to finish - well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Very interesting plot & outcome - I love seeing justice done particularly when romance is involved. Another well written story. Cheers

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 10 years ago
I've given you a bunch of fives . . .

but never one more deserved than this. More than a good story, this is more like a masterpiece! Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a great read

liked how it moved along at a good pace and no over sentimentality....in the end he did right to save her any more heartache...some real low lifes out there who need putting down....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A hidden gem

I've been on this site a long time, more than a decade, and been all through the Romance section, but I've somehow missed this story. It was well worth the wait. Great work from a writer who is long gone now, but who produced some outstanding stories when he was active.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Good Story

I liked it a lot. It's too bad the detective retired, he might have been good for a few more interesting stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well Done!

An interesting mystery with a growing romance clouding the outcome.

A veteran soon-to-retire Chicago detective catches a case in a seedy part of town that leads to his meeting a middle-aged bartender. He's divorced and lonely,wondering how his retired life will pan out as he develops a growing attraction to the pretty barmaid.

A sleezy man is found shot dead behind the bar and his final case before retiring involves solving the case.

While there may be a couple of technical flaws in the solving of the mystery,the outcome is satisfying.

Well worth the read. ~ 5+

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good Stuff!

Pretty damned good story. Like someone else said, it’s too bad the detective retired. I think I would have enjoyed reading his exploits on other homicide cases. Oh well. One thought I had, I wonder if the way this story ended might actually happen in real life. Maybe more than people would think. Let’s see, a cop “adjusting” the facts and files in a murder investigation because he “fell in love” (or lust) with a hot woman? Nah, surely not.

wapentakewapentakeover 2 years ago

An excellent story and very well written. Five stars.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 2 years ago
Great.

Really enjoyed reading this little story. Looking for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story even the outcome at the end. Just a pity that Ed is out there somewhere!!

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

Similar to another story in your stash, but I really liked them both. 5* for people getting a second chance without hurting others.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Great

I have never been disappointed with any of your stories.

Boyd

Comment left anonymously 17 years ago!

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You are a real wordsmith!! I like your dystopian view of the world spun with a bit of humanity. I enjoyed the read.

Next time take care of "Ed"

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"All I needed was a name to go with the body."

Pretty easy to see where this is going.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories