All Comments on 'One Night in Beirut'

by KeithD

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 5 years ago
A Little Different

Very interesting and enjoyable story, and somewhat different from you. Having read some of your comments on your own experiences in this war torn country, it was especially interesting. Knowing that this is based on a lot of reality adds to it's depth...and of course the "night-life" kept it flowing.

overwatcheroverwatcherabout 5 years ago

Thank You for this story. My country provided peace keepers to the Golan Heights as part of a peace-keeping effort with the UN during the mid 1980's, although some ways from Lebanon we were all encouraged to learn more about the area. I could not believe that we, the rest of the civilised world allowed that country to be torn asunder by so many different factions, it was the cradle of early civilisation as we know it, they were scholars, educators, philosophers, etc. We should have done more. Your story explains what happened so well. Great story, thank you.

overwatcheroverwatcherabout 5 years ago

Thank You for this story it was sad but given the world we live in now a timely reminder. As an active member of the UN my country committed defense force personnel to the Golan Heights as peacekeepers/observers. Although some way away from Lebanon and the city of Beirut we all were encouraged to learn about the bigger area we were operating in. We should of done more for Lebanon. We let separatist factions rip that country apart. It probably was one of the few times in my career that I felt shame for our inaction, as a member of the UN, a member of a defence force that prided itself in stepping in front of harms way when it needed to, and a Country that purports freedom and justice (No, I'm not American) for all. I'd like to say we learnt from that - ironically for my country as well as the UN 7 or so years later - Rwanda proved we didn't.

SugarShark13SugarShark13over 2 years ago

Very interesting story, different from your normal fare. A bit sad, but then what happened back then was terrifying and it was real. I know you do a lot of research before you write. Don't listen to those that say your terrible or not good. You are fantastic!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKeithD@KeithD
For the information of the GM reader, KeithD is the new account name for stories (many of which are published to the marketplace under the names habu and Dirk Hessian) that were previously posted to Literotica under the name sr71plt. The sr71plt account had a goal of 1,001 pos...