All Comments on 'One Night in Lexington'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
fifteen16fifteen16about 5 years ago
Both

Invigorating and sad, nearer to reality than most posted here.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
She'll See Him Again

She'll need the help of a lawyer. I heard that her brother Boston got busted for possession.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Well written

As usual, your story is extremely well written. But I don't like cheating and I hate anything UK, so this story isn't a favorite. Good short story none the less. Are you an attorney in real life, or just write about them in LW?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years agoAuthor
There will be those who complain . . .

. . . that this was ended too abruptly, but those were the contest rules: the story had to take place over one night.

The club was a real place, but it’s been replaced in recent years. Fire station #9 on Richmond Road exists. Lexi is based on a real nurse from UK, whom I knew — but never slept with — and who really was a ‘chair dancer’ like that when she went out. Another nurse told me that I needed to ask the real Lexi to dance, which I did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
WOW

Several of us have had an evening like this. Thanks for the flashback a big 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I like your stories, Sir. I live in the vicinity of the locations where you set them.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
What a bitch!

Nice plot, to be 'in Lexington' twice at the same time, even if they were 'one and done', but she was so casual about cheating while unprotected, that Matt should be grateful that the slut wasn’t after a repeat performance or relationship. Also, Matt better get his own firefighting done down the STD Clinic as soon as they open!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I think the station hubby works at

Needs to tellhim they have all had Lexi and see what happens next

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Married?

"the last thing I need is some married chick on the prowl" - I didn't think that mattered to RR.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 5 years ago
Enjoyed the story

I admit I was waiting for the hook, and it fit beautifully when it came (that Lexi is married). Since Matt lives there, if he ever needs to visit the hospital, maybe Lexi will nurse him back to health? Loving nurses are a wonderful thing. You gave us a little slice of life. I also love the term rockabilly.

By the way, for one of my fellow commenters, it's possible to insert a diaphragm, just in case, at the beginning of an evening. It's also possible to be on the pill. Disease is always an issue, of course, but that would settle the pregnancy risk. Five stars. -- JB

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years agoAuthor
Mr Brooks wrote:

Married?

"the last thing I need is some married chick on the prowl" - I didn't think that mattered to RR.

It simply mattered to the protagonist! I don't write every character the same.

26thNC asked me if I was an attorney in real life. Nope, I'm not; it's just that the townhouses near the location I mentioned are owned by the urban professionals in Lexington, and it was easier to just pick attorney as a profession for the main character. And Matt Murdock in the Daredevil comics is an attorney.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 5 years ago
5 STARS!

Great story, RR; but then you almost always write that kind.

Thanks for the read. cd

penneydog55penneydog55about 5 years ago
Oh Man!

That's gotta really suck! He never got to see, taste , smell or savoir the delights of Lexington again?....5 Stars.★★★★★ WOOF.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
cool

lol Mat Murdock lol was he blind? i was hoping he would put on a red suit and start kicking criminal ass

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
oh

btw i just turned u into an asshole who screws married women haha what a bitch lol well written i guess the end left a bad taste in my mouth though

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years agoAuthor
Enderlocke:

Well, Matt was trying to avoid married women; maybe he should have asked Lexi, but didn’t, simply assuming from her lack of rings.

Thinking about that, I’m trying to figure out how a man would ask a woman like that, “Say, you’re not some married chick out looking for strange, are you?” 😳

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years agoAuthor
To the Anony who said he lived near the setting

Try Corto Lima, a South American restaurant at the corner of South Limestone and Short Streets. Best place in town.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What a whore

Her husbands a fire fighter and she cheats .id tell the poor guy what kind of women he was married too.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years agoAuthor
Anony:

If you think that women who cheat on their husbands are “disgusting cheating whores,” why do you read stories in the Loving Wives category? All it can do is piss you off.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 5 years ago
Plausible

Before I got married, I hooked up with a married gal by mistake. Saw her with her husband and kids a week later, Still feel guilty, although she wore no ring and never mentioned her husband. Poor dumb guy.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Ah, Stetch,

Too bad you can't get in on "End Game." Oh well, maybe you can point others to the treasure you cannot possess.

kimi1990kimi1990about 5 years ago
Mr. Fantastic

Anonymous says women who cheat on their husbands are "disgusting whores," so you ask why he reads LW? Maybe he's on a crusade. It could even be similar to yours. If you can write stories to glamorize women who cheat on their husbands, why can't anonymous make comments that they are "disgusting whores?" Why isn't your mind as flexible as your body? Maybe a few more cosmic rays are needed.

I help but wonder how Invisible Woman feels about disgusting whores. Susan? Any comments? Are women who cheat on their husbands while invisible disgusting whores, or only us visible ones?

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Nice

To finish it off properly he needs to send anon note to station 9 about wifee. Hope he is a good lawyer and got full disclosure on camera.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago

You could at least let them have sex before running.

Wish I knew what the story was all about, seemed a confusing mish mash of unknown characters. Like a continuing series, at least let us know at the start.

The tags could have told us, no sex, no nudes, no use reading, nonstory, no plot.

Got the message it was part of a competition, why waste tags on that, your title said it all.

Gee this is as long as your story.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Please delete this and last comment

Sorry, back stepped and posted to wrong story. Damned tablet apps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I to read these stories and can be entertained but also am against cheating. These are just stories, just like watching porn . They don’t have many hubby and wife porn . It’s mostly about taboo subjects.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One night.

Nice story, well written and loved the surprise ending.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Don't like cheaters getting off free but he didn't know and it is written well.

She cheated and got away for another day.

Hopefully next time get caught and burnt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
He Did Not Know

I had this happen to Me .. And No I am Not a Lawyer . But I felt so Bad because My Ex Cheated on Me .. And Yes I did tell him that His Wife was running around on Him . And Yes I did take a couple of shots because He felt I deserved it ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story. Well-written. Thanks.

Ed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous