All Comments on 'One Old Man and a Barmaid Ch. 03'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Really Fine Story

for us golden oldies. I did wonder for a while if I would have the courage to start a child that late in life.

Women are usually much more practical than men and sex is part of a negotiable package once they have children to lood after.

tturtle50tturtle50over 15 years ago
Do NOT... Please!!!!

Please do not make this a tear jerker....... Great so far...

tinman69stinman69sover 15 years ago
Fantastic story!

This is trully a great story. It should be made into a movie! A real love story. I guess I am an old romantic, but I do love to read love stories like this. An older man, (Like me) and a young lady in trouble, I can identify with that.

Thanks for sharing this story, it is really fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Like a sequel

Writing the same story from the other POV is about as bad as writing a sequel. What's the point? The writer finds himself forcing the story to fit the first story and it inevitably shows the strain. It would have been better to invest the time in a new story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
goodness greatness

loved it. this is the first mature i have read. and i read em all back to back. did get repetitive but each story brought more light to the story. I am not sure but i believe there was an error with their first love encounter in the 1st and 3rd ch. in the 1st one she was bra-less where as in the3rd, she states how Danny trips her bra off.

cancapercancaperabout 14 years ago
yep

i like this story and those that dont can suck whatever falls behind themselves thanks steve

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

The author has captured life quite accurately. There is enough erotica in his work, but it never is prurient or gross. I am 75, and have affectionate feelings for a much younger woman, but they will never go anywhere, unlike with Danny. Of course people may call Danny lucky, but he paid the price for his luck with the pain of his earlier loss. Any veteran who was wounded in the service of our country has my respect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Oh my

That was simply beautiful!

CarcamCarcamalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful, just beautiful!!!!!

It can and does work in real life - I know!! My great uncle was 40 years older then his wife, they had two sons and a great life together. A 40 year old friend of my family had TB, everybody pitied his wife and daughter, because he was going to die so much sooner - but with life you can never tell - he out lived his wife by 25 years and his daughter by 20 years! Love can't be explained - it is. Thanks for a wonderful story, and even though we know how it will (might) end, that is life.

CCH

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Yes sir a real winner this time -

No argument - it can happen - has happened and will happen again -

Maybe not to me lol - but I sure enjoyed reading about it -

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Damn Fine Story

Nice pace, flow and characters overr the top.

Lve how you turned chap 3 into a "her" pov.

Real nice touch.

Thx :-)

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
A very sweet story...

Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
that is so tender and loving

actually made me cry...such a great story of love and life...what a lucky guy to have met her and he has a new baby as well....loved it...one of the best stories...just one thing is you do tend to repeat something we have already know which wastes or pads out space....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
outstanding beautiful story and erotic also

well done keep on trucking tenbears43 I knew women like her.

auhunter04auhunter04about 9 years ago
Well

I am contemplating same type move

Know this is fiction but my first wife was a mean spirited sort.

I found out after she had some playmates.

I don't have Danny's problems just slew of my own--Maybe we can get Obamy to sign one of these Executives Orders banning getting old

thanks for another "rule" about that wonderful accident

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Wonderful story. His last years make his life worth while and make a fine woman's life a lot better.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Sweet and tender

The change of the person writing the story was very different, but I liked it as well as I did the other chapters of the story. Glad nothing more or bad happened concerning Bill, it could have been a dark part to an otherwise shining story if he continued causing problems.

I think the ending was as good as it could be considering what we knew was pending. Five stars for all three chapters, well done.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Love the story. AAAAAA++++++. That is for all 3 chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES