All Comments on 'One Shot Short Story Ch. 01'

by payenbrant

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
ambystohluteambystohluteover 9 years ago
Amazing idea

I loved this little tale of events. I'd love to see it for future events if you ever want to do it. I've been so greatly in love with your stories. I've reread it probably 5 times now. Iplease keep up this amazing work. Your style brings the readers in so well. You keep them interested with it, while having those small sentences that interact with us directly. It works so perfectly!!! Thanks paynebrant. :)

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

I think I've said it before, but don't mind saying it agin. Love your story, the storyline the multi-level characters, the humor, the sex. You blend them all together to make a fun read.

And will be trying the cookies next weekend. Sounds mega yummy

EdwarusEdwarusover 9 years ago
Thank you

Wasn't really wondering but now that you posted the ingredients I've gotta try and make it an love the story cant wait for the next main chapter

thilltellthilltellover 9 years ago
3.3 lbs of Chocolate?

54oz seems like a lot of chips. I also am a believer in Quad quad batches. I only use 4 to 5 hand fulls (12-16oz) in my chocolate chips and that's more than enough for me.

Enjoying your series and like your short story idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Job!

I literally check your page every night to see if you've posted anything new and I was so excited when I saw that you did! I noticed a few editing errors but nothing serious or even noteworthy enough to distract too much attention from the story.Overall, I really like the idea of short stories intermittently written every few main chapters; it further strengthens the emotional connection to each character. On a final note, I really enjoyed the read and once again you did a really great job! I'm eagerly looking forward to the next installment!

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
Well Played Sir!

What are rules if you can't go over, around, and under them ;-)

KiwiKingKiwiKingover 9 years ago
Lovely....

simply lovely. I enjoyed this wee shorty very much. The way he's trying to teach her things we take for granted that everyone should know. I also ADORE the fact you put the cookie recipe out there. My mouth would water thinking about these divine cookies in the story. Can't wait to try them out myself. (I might even share them if people are lucky!)

5 Stars.......yet again. Waiting for the next chappie now.

Nicci

Rud1GirlRud1Girlover 9 years ago
Try another

First off love you work, and that you seem to be a boarder line genius with the written word. Will be trying these over the weekend - but here is another to try as well:

http://www.ladyandpups.com/2014/04/23/monday-blue-berry-oatmeal-cookie/ apart from being an amazing food blog I like her keen observational skill as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hysterical! That made me laugh so much :)

And... um, yes the recipe looks great too!

I really love what you're doing with this story - Greg and Lucretia together do make me laugh a lot and that's always good for (human)kind!

Please keep going with this story and your off shoot minis - its making my heart glad! x

CherrypeachCherrypeachover 9 years ago
Gotta love Cretia!!!

When she licked the unused bowl, I giggled. When she played in the Crisco, I cracked up. When she ate the eggs, I died laughing. When she damn near broke the mixer, I shook my head, chuckling. When she devoured the butterscotch morsels, then had the nerve to argue with him about them, I fell onto the floor laughing.

Damn, I love your stories and Cretia (my affectionate nick name for her), is adorable. Take a bow, sir. You and your writing are superb. 👍👍👏👏❤️❤️😂😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantasy Chocolate Chip -Oatmeal Cookies

This is the first batch of cookies I had to mix in a stock pot since there is no bowl big enough. They are very good. Thanks!

barbette_sgbarbette_sgabout 9 years ago

Will have to try this one of these days :) Thanks for the recipe :)

TruckerChickTruckerChickabout 9 years ago
mmmm

I'm gonna try making those but I think I will use cranberries or dried cherries. :)

maxd01maxd01about 9 years ago

That was quite amusing and I had to snicker at both of their actions and reactions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for the recipe! It's now one of my go-to decadent cookie recipes (the other being something of a deluxe chocolate chip). I made a batch and got absolute rave reviews (a group of 7 friends ate 2 dozen over the course of an evening), though I've had a hard time answering the question of where I found the recipe, haha ;)

I will say though, making the full recipe with all the add ins makes about 15 lbs of dough. Yes, I was curious so I weighed the bowl.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
At last!

Five stars for the recipe.

Will let you know how they turn out.

kvalentinekvalentinealmost 3 years ago

The author neglected to mention what temperature these are supposed to cook at. Seems 325 degrees (Fahrenheit) is about right, given the prescribed time. Made a single batch (rather than the quadruple) to try, omitting the milk chocolate chips, since there seems enough other ones as is. Having actually tried them, I can say these are good. I've found that I like to microwave them for a few seconds before eating them. A single batch makes as many cookies as most larger yield cookie recipes I've seen, and will fill a very large tin. If you're worried about raisins combined with chocolate, or don't like coconut, there isn't proportionally enough of either to really notice. The raisins just add a bit of moisture and the coconut adds a bit of flavor.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous